PDA

View Full Version : Now That We've Seen All The Teams...

Greentinted
16-06-2010, 04:02 PM
...in the World Cup. Who has impressed, who has disappointed and who has surprised? Most importantly are we closer to predicting an outright winner.

North Korea, USA, Japan and now Switzerland have certainly impressed me. New Zealand and Honduras (even in defeat) have pleasantly surprised me. The English telly cooverage has irritated me but I find that reassuringly comforting somehow.

The so called 'major' nations bar The Netherlands and Germany have been woefully dissapointing and it remains a German tournament victory for me!

Ritchie
16-06-2010, 04:03 PM
Brazil will still walk it :agree:

Dan Sarf
16-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Brazil will still walk it :agree:

:agree:

(Unless Bamba can snuff them out.)

PeterboroHibee
16-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Chile and Germany have been the most entertaining teams Ive seen so far.

HibbyAndy
16-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Chile and Germany have been the most entertaining teams Ive seen so far.

:agree: Along with Argentina too.

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2010, 04:10 PM
Despite today's result, I think Spain has the best squad.

CapitalHibs
16-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Impressed with Germany, up till now.

HibbyAndy
16-06-2010, 04:12 PM
Despite today's result, I think Spain has the best squad.

Aint many teams that could leave Cesc Fabregas on the bench.

Sylar
16-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Germany or Argentina for me.....

...and when I say that, I mean to lose to the USA in the final of course :greengrin

The_Todd
16-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I've only been genuinly impressed by Germany and North Korea thus far although due to being stuck in work 9-5 I only get to see the evening kick offs. Still, teams like Brazil can not turn up yet still win and did show flashes of brilliance last night.

hibsbollah
16-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Germany and Chile. Mexico looked decent as well and could surprise France in the next round of games, who were rotten.

Chuck Rhoades
16-06-2010, 04:34 PM
North Korea appear to be vastlybetter than panned out. I liked the look of Germany and South Africa.

Argentina have been the best IMO. Nigeria Goalkeeper stopped a drought in the opening game.

CalgaryHibs
16-06-2010, 04:39 PM
...in the World Cup. Who has impressed, who has disappointed and who has surprised? Most importantly are we closer to predicting an outright winner.

North Korea, USA, Japan and now Switzerland have certainly impressed me. New Zealand and Honduras (even in defeat) have pleasantly surprised me. The English telly cooverage has irritated me but I find that reassuringly comforting somehow.

The so called 'major' nations bar The Netherlands and Germany have been woefully dissapointing and it remains a German tournament victory for me!

+++++++
Germany looks the best so far, but Germany allways does well then fails, just like Spain!

Still stunned my team lost!

At The Edge
16-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Managed to see most of the games so far, best of the bunch imo Germany, North Korea, Argentina, Chile,
Holland and Brasil showed a few signs of decent play,
And even though they never beat England i thought USA had a decent game although with our very biased TV media you would have never have known it.
Still i expect the 'big' guns to possibly turn it on in their next games

Hopefully South Africa - Uruguay do the business tonight

Love the Green
16-06-2010, 04:48 PM
Aint many teams that could leave Cesc Fabregas on the bench.

But got gubbed so what does that say? He well desrerved a place..guys quality

Gerries will pish it glad I have them at 16/1 ya beautty

"keep the faith"
:wink:

bournehibby
16-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Germany for me. Although the Aussies disappointed, the Germans did everything right without getting out of third gear. As the match commentator remarked - same old Germany...but this time with flair!! Still plenty more to come from them, don't forget their winning mentality.
bh

Iain G
16-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Germany for me. Although the Aussies disappointed, the Germans did everything right without getting out of third gear. As the match commentator remarked - same old Germany...but this time with flair!! Still plenty more to come from them, don't forget their winning mentality.
bh

Funny really, having seen the Aussies against NZ in a warm up game, I expected them to br a bit rubbish, and also for Cahill to probably get himself sent off at some point :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
17-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Predicted Argentina to win it from the start and have seen nothing to change my view.

Spain will/have gone back [it seems] to their bottle-crashing ways - my take was that this was perhaps likely as they've never been the favourites before so haven't had that added weight of expectation from either the media or their own fans before. France have been rank as expected [have been for 10 years IMO] and I have a sneaky suspiscion that Brazil will falter along the way as will Spain for the above reasons [despite yes having perhaps the best squad].

Teams who have impressed include Argentina, Chile, Uruguay, Germany, Paraguay and I also thought Japan were good value for their win. Think that despite slow starts England, Italy and Brazil will also be in the mix. 1/4's and Semi's will be all over the place now however with the upsets in first round of games so anyone's guess who'll end up facing who...

hibsbollah
18-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Its an 'Americas' world cup so far. Aside from Germany and Switzerland, its mostly been the western hemisphere who have played the best; Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, Mexico, USA, Brazil.