PDA

View Full Version : Has Sven cost us a million quid?

Dan Sarf
16-06-2010, 03:16 PM
or has he saved our prize asset from being shown up?

Sylar
16-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Edit: Ah, Bamba...

He was less than impressive in the African Nations, so perhaps it's not a rediculous decision.

Peevemor
16-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Eh? :confused:

By not playing Bamba.

GreenCastle
16-06-2010, 03:30 PM
He's keeping him fresh for the Brazil game :wink:

Sprouleflyer
16-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Now there is a question....Keep Bamba or Get £1M+, what would you prefer???

I would be quite happy if he stayed at ER.

Dan Sarf
16-06-2010, 03:39 PM
He's keeping him fresh for the Brazil game :wink:

Really hope so. I'd love to see Bamba up against the team that's obviously going to win it (IMO) but sort of dreading it as well.

Ritchie
16-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Now there is a question....Keep Bamba or Get £1M+, what would you prefer???

I would be quite happy if he stayed at ER.

i'd rather he stayed. :agree:

aberhibsfc
16-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Really hope so. I'd love to see Bamba up against the team that's obviously going to win it (IMO) but sort of dreading it as well.

:agree:

lyonhibs
16-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Let's keep our hats re: the ability of Bamba.

The prospect of Robinho/Nilmar/Kaka (if he decides to stop being ****) running at him is not a enticing one, but it would be great for him and us if he were to play at that level.

I can't see Zokora or Toure losing their places though

Hibs90
16-06-2010, 05:42 PM
or has he saved our prize asset from being shown up?

Being shown up? :jamboak:

Hibercelona
16-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Going to win the cup?

I don't think Brazil are that impressive.

I think Germany are in with the best shout atm.

Dan Sarf
16-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Being shown up? :jamboak:

Sorry, what's that all about?

hibsfan7
16-06-2010, 08:04 PM
:jamboak::jamboak:RATHER THAT HE STAYED WITH HIBS

Dashing Bob S
16-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Yes he has, and furthermore I reckon he's done it with that intent. For one thing, he just looks like an old school Jambo. I'm willing to bet that there's plenty of asbestos in those lungs, and it didn't come from strutting around in healthy Swedish forests, if you catch my meaning. :wink: At very least this merits a full-scale FIFA investigation.:hmmm:

MrSmith
16-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Seconded!

However, thought he wondering in and about the Spanish bush??

Sergey
16-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes he has, and furthermore I reckon he's done it with that intent. For one thing, he just looks like an old school Jambo. I'm willing to bet that there's plenty of asbestos in those lungs, and it didn't come from strutting around in healthy Swedish forests, if you catch my meaning. :wink: At very least this merits a full-scale FIFA investigation.:hmmm:

I couldn't help notice Sven during his after-match press conference, adorning a suede jacket, and dare I say it....it looked as though it was Rreversible.

Hibs90
17-06-2010, 01:47 AM
Sorry, what's that all about?

You trying to say he would be out of place, no chance IMO.

IWasThere2016
17-06-2010, 05:47 AM
Am staying near his multi-million Euro villa in the Algarve this October - so there's an opportunity for revenge :devil:

Beefster
17-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Sven may well have cost us money but that's the way it goes.

The lack of respect for Bamba on here sometimes is staggering considering he's a Hibs player and one of our best. Bamba's not in the Ivory Coast WC squad and being tracked by clubs bigger than Hibs because he's a huddy who can't play.

offshorehibby
17-06-2010, 06:49 AM
On one hand i was disappointed he did not get a start, i'd love to see him strut his stuff with the big boys and gain that bit more experience, just in case he is still here next season.

I think he's one of the best players we have at Easter Road but might struggle against your Brazil's and Portugal's and i would hate him to be guy that got the IC put out.

I still think he'll be away for about £1.5/£2M he probably knows himself he needs to step up a level.

Good luck what ever happens.

Prawn Sandwich
17-06-2010, 06:55 AM
Bamba might be injured with the recurring knee injury. He gets a scan today. According to that reliable source the Sun Newspaper.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3017469/Samba-KO-for-Bamba.html

jdships
17-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Sven may well have cost us money but that's the way it goes.

The lack of respect for Bamba on here sometimes is staggering considering he's a Hibs player and one of our best. Bamba's not in the Ivory Coast WC squad and being tracked by clubs bigger than Hibs because he's a huddy who can't play.

Good post !
Why the negativity, negativity, negativity on this thread ?
Whatever happens HFC can't lose out !!

:agree:

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 08:40 AM
You trying to say he would be out of place, no chance IMO.

Bamba's obviously a good player, quick, aggressive, swashbuckling, but I worry he might not be experienced enough yet to cope with Brazil in full flow. Here's hoping Sven picks him and you're proved right. That way, we get an even better player back. Or millions more in the kitty...

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Bamba's obviously a good player, quick, aggressive, swashbuckling, but I worry he might not be experienced enough yet to cope with Brazil in full flow. Here's hoping Sven picks him and you're proved right. That way, we get an even better player back. Or millions more in the kitty...

How would he become experienced enough any other way than getting a game?

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 08:47 AM
How would he become experienced enough any other way than getting a game?

Following that logic, we ought to play our reserve team every week.

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I couldn't help notice Sven during his after-match press conference, adorning a suede jacket, and dare I say it....it looked as though it was Rreversible.

He certainly looks like a yellow pullover type of guy.:agree:

Golden Bear
17-06-2010, 09:31 AM
From today's "Football Rumours" :-

Hibernian defender Sol Bamba has suffered a recurrence of a knee injury that might put him out of Ivory Coast's World Cup match against Brazil on Sunday. (the Sun)

Who knows - this one might be actually true

:boo hoo:

Speedway
17-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Following that logic, we ought to play our reserve team every week.

That'll be why the Lindsay said on Hibs TV this week that they're all going out on loan.

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 09:41 AM
That'll be why the Lindsay said on Hibs TV this week that they're all going out on loan.

So that proves Bamba should be picked for the Ivory Coast? :confused:

Speedway
17-06-2010, 09:45 AM
It proves that he'll never be experienced enough unless he gets his chance.

Jim44
17-06-2010, 09:51 AM
Bamba might be injured with the recurring knee injury. He gets a scan today. According to that reliable source the Sun Newspaper.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3017469/Samba-KO-for-Bamba.html

If this is true, it could be a wee blessing in disguise. An injury serious enough to keep him out of the limelight and the eyes of the predators for the present window but not serious enough to stop him getting fit to give us another season. :dunno:

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 10:09 AM
It proves that he'll never be experienced enough unless he gets his chance.

Was it the 5 minute argument or the 10 minute argument that you wanted?

Speedway
17-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Was it the 5 minute argument or the 10 minute argument that you wanted?

This isn't an argument, it's just a series of contradictions.

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 01:43 PM
This isn't an argument, it's just a series of contradictions.

No it isn't.

Speedway
17-06-2010, 01:47 PM
No it isn't.

Yes it is.

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Yes it is.

That's what I said.

Stevie Reid
17-06-2010, 01:53 PM
IMHO, if we get offered anything over £1M for Bamba we should take it, I'd rather that than him leave for nothing at the end of next season.

People may ask where on earth we'll find an equivalent player but Bamba himself was seen by many (myself included) as a risky purchase when he first signed. There are gems out there, and with our finances as we are, Yogi may get a decent chunk of any fee to find a replacement (half maximum, I would say).

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 02:21 PM
That's what I said.

No you didn't.

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 02:28 PM
No you didn't.

Not in so many words, but the implication was clear.

Dan Sarf
17-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Not in so many words, but the implication was clear.

You didn't imply anything.

MacBean
25-06-2010, 01:42 PM
no bamba in the starting line up again today.

THought he may have a chance since Ivory Coast are all but a 8 goal swing out!

LancashireHibby
25-06-2010, 01:48 PM
If he plays well enough during next season then a big move for him will arrive sooner or later, regardless of if he turns out in the World Cup.

I think first priority must be to get him to sign a new contract, even for just another season, to avoid the risk of losing him for nowt next summer.

PatHead
25-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Seem to remember someone saying Sven only picks "big team" players or at least was criticised for doing that whilst he was Engerland manager. The fact he didn't come up to see him shows he never intended to play him unless emergency required. Just hope the disappointment of never appearing in the tournament isn't too much for him and puts him off his game. Especially bearing in mind he played throughout the qualifiers. Could also mean he will be determined to leave Hibs to further his international career. Would we want to take a half decent offer £750k plus or let him see out the rest of his contract? By the way fee would have been so much higher if he had been given a chance.

BEEJ
25-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Sol will come on in the last 20 minutes, score a hat-trick and be worth gazillions by full-time.

:greengrin

allezsauzee
25-06-2010, 04:21 PM
IMHO, if we get offered anything over £1M for Bamba we should take it, I'd rather that than him leave for nothing at the end of next season.

People may ask where on earth we'll find an equivalent player but Bamba himself was seen by many (myself included) as a risky purchase when he first signed. There are gems out there, and with our finances as we are, Yogi may get a decent chunk of any fee to find a replacement (half maximum, I would say).

Bamba was a risky purchase and I would say he's a risky player. You never really know what you are going to get with him which i isn't really what you want from a centre half. I'd be delighted if we got £1m for him...in fact 500,000 would do it for me.

hibsway
25-06-2010, 08:51 PM
maybe we should keep him and offer him an extension to his current contract :cool2:

BEEJ
25-06-2010, 09:55 PM
I'd be delighted if we got £1m for him...in fact 500,000 would do it for me.
I'm glad you're not Rod Petrie. :wink:

allezsauzee
26-06-2010, 04:01 PM
I'm glad you're not Rod Petrie. :wink:

Aye well i would trust Rod's negotiating skills above mine as well. However I'll be interested to see what the posts about Bamba are like if we end up keeping him when he hits a form slump next season. Big Sol is a great athlete and when he's concentrating is a great defender, however he has too many games where I'm wondering if he's actually seen a football before and I'd be happier with Hanlon