PDA

View Full Version : english commentary ....again

newmarket_hibbee
16-06-2010, 11:19 AM
apparently Chris Killin, never played with Hibs, went straight to Celtic when he came to Scotland according to the commentator in the the New Zealand game.

...has anybody mentioned that John Collins is doing half time commentary in the studio for CBC here in Canada....does anybody care????....nice gig though!

poolman
16-06-2010, 12:23 PM
apparently Chris Killin, never played with Hibs, went straight to Celtic when he came to Scotland according to the commentator in the the New Zealand game.

...has anybody mentioned that John Collins is doing half time commentary in the studio for CBC here in Canada....does anybody care????....nice gig though!

Did we not get him fae Oldham or somewhere like that

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Did we not get him fae Oldham or somewhere like that

Yes.

newmarket_hibbee
16-06-2010, 01:37 PM
yeh, I meant when he came to Scotland from England, he also played for Man City, or so it was stated.....Seems he got married last month to a Scottish lass, on the banks of Loch Lommond nae less!!.Had to forgoe the honeymoon till after the world cup!

ionahibby
16-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Remember as far as the english media are concerned rangers and celtic are scottish football, and even then they are lucky to get a mention. Im surprised they even know we exist! :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2010, 04:09 PM
yeh, I meant when he came to Scotland from England, he also played for Man City, or so it was stated.....Seems he got married last month to a Scottish lass, on the banks of Loch Lommond nae less!!.Had to forgoe the honeymoon till after the world cup!

IIRC he was a bit of a bad boy when at Oldham.

Jonnyboy
16-06-2010, 09:46 PM
If it helps cheer you up any I can tell you that Jackie Oatley/Oakley the female footie commentator of Five Live said of Killen "The former Hibs and Oldham player" and never mentioned Celtic at all :thumbsup: