PDA

View Full Version : Huns no longer for sale

stokesmessiah
15-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Breaking news on SSN.

Rangers no longer for sale. Why?? Deal collapsed?

poolman
15-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Breaking news on SSN.

Rangers no longer for sale. Why?? Deal collapsed?

Maybe they've went bust :greengrin

Green_one
15-06-2010, 07:16 PM
a statement on the Rangers website says the club has been unable to find a deal that benefits the club itself, its shareholders and its fans. (BBC)

Cannae even give it away probably. :LOL:

And worse is still to come if we are to believe the Tax stories

Shame:greengrin

Spike Mandela
15-06-2010, 07:18 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_6208325,00.html

Dashing Bob S
15-06-2010, 07:23 PM
a statement on the Rangers website says the club has been unable to find a deal that benefits the club itself, its shareholders and its fans. (BBC)

Cannae even give it away probably. :LOL:

And worse is still to come if we are to believe the Tax stories

Shame:greengrin

Bad news for the Huns and Murray. It means that nobody is going to take on that mess and they'll have to face the financial music. Again, other organisation with a vastly overinflated sense of it's own importance. If they'd been playing in the Premiership it would have all been different...can't wait till the 'loyal' inland revenue get hold of majesty's favourite subjects.

Forelock tugging lowlife.

Sergey
15-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Bad news for the Huns and Murray. It means that nobody is going to take on that mess and they'll have to face the financial music. Again, other organisation with a vastly overinflated sense of it's own importance. If they'd been playing in the Premiership it would have all been different...can't wait till the 'loyal' inland revenue get hold of majesty's favourite subjects.

Given the fact that MIH hold over 90% of the shares, I'd hazard a guess that there is trouble brewing with HMRC and the interesting party simply 'walked away'.

Murray is looking to cut his losses, but can't. Probably not the only club in the SPL in that position :wink:

Greentinted
15-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Am I right in thinking that tax evasion still carries a custodial sentence in this country?

Sprouleflyer
15-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Am I right in thinking that tax evasion still carries a custodial sentence in this country?

Beheading is it not?

SloopJB
15-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Not sure, Tax evasion is a crime but tax avoidance isn't. depends on what the wording is when the investigation is over.

.Sean.
15-06-2010, 08:27 PM
:violin:

Brando7
16-06-2010, 06:50 AM
http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3016066/No-one-wants-us-and-I-dont-care.html

:******: soon me thinks :bye:

Big-Si-1875
16-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Glasgow Rangers FC 1873-2010

RIP

erskine-hibby
16-06-2010, 08:59 AM

Given the fact that MIH hold over 90% of the shares, I'd hazard a guess that there is trouble brewing with HMRC and the interesting party simply 'walked away'.

Murray is looking to cut his losses, but can't. Probably not the only club in the SPL in that position :wink:

Would I not be right in saying that if they brought in the administrators all rangers "liabilities" would be irrelevent?. If so, any potential buyer/investor could take it on without having to pay back the debts already accrued and therefor get the club for basically nothing. Hell, they could even have the same board of directors as long as they are not legally disqualified.
How this would sit with the SPL and the SFA would be another thing of course, but I can't see them, if this was to happen, chucking them out of the league or even putting them in a lower division.

Auckland Hibs
16-06-2010, 09:01 AM
Me, me, me.......... tic tock............... :greengrin

Woody1985
16-06-2010, 09:41 AM
This is the best result for other SPL teams as they're going to be stuck on a reduced budget so others might have a chance to close the gap as they eventually get weaker. They have to (please!).

What's the deal with going into administration, will they be able to continue in the SPL? My original thougt is no but IIRC Motherwell were allowed to stay in and the Livi situation is different because they are SFL.

Woody1985
17-06-2010, 12:09 PM
In the Sun today Andy Goram 'wrote' a piece slating Ellis for not buying the club and stringing them along. He seems completely oblivious to the fact that Rangers are deep in the red and currently have an unquantified tax bill which could run to 50 million +. What an arse Ellis must be, that's a bargain if ever I saw I one!

Then in another one David Murray goes on to say that a move the the EPL MUST happen and WILL happen for Rangers.

Ermm David, that's a different country mate. You don't come from that country as much as your 'Loyal' fans would like you to. It's like their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. Sad *******s.

I hope they get rammed into oblivion (or the 3rd division :greengrin )

jgl07
17-06-2010, 12:57 PM
That's why it would be a good idea for Dave King to take over Rangers. He is already likely to do porridge in South Africa for tax evasion so he could ask the coutse to take the Rangers' offenses into account!

Jack
17-06-2010, 01:04 PM
So just to recap

Der hun are/were according to the latest accounts £30m in der red.

They ‘might’ owe Her Majesty’s Loyal Taxman £36m

And on top of that a £15m penalty.

There was a hun rights issue which the loyal didn’t follow, follow and MIH had to pick up £55m worth of useless shares – surly the new buyer would want them!

On top of this I seem to recall two ‘private loans’ totalling something in the region of £50/60m and of course the reputed £60 Murray put in himself.

Now if my arithmetic is correct ….. that’s an awful lot!

Phil D. Rolls
17-06-2010, 01:57 PM
If only they had followed other clubs' business models and only owed the money to themselves. Silly silly people.:bye:

Sheer arrogance by Murray - "EPL must happen". Yeah, says who?

I can just see the likes of Portsmouth or even Cardiff saying OK to that one.

Theyve been living in a fool's paradise for many years Der Hun.

jgl07
17-06-2010, 02:05 PM
Would I not be right in saying that if they brought in the administrators all rangers "liabilities" would be irrelevent?. If so, any potential buyer/investor could take it on without having to pay back the debts already accrued and therefor get the club for basically nothing. Hell, they could even have the same board of directors as long as they are not legally disqualified.
How this would sit with the SPL and the SFA would be another thing of course, but I can't see them, if this was to happen, chucking them out of the league or even putting them in a lower division.
That would only apply if the creditors were persuaded to accept a proportion of the sums owed. Since HMRC appear to be a major creditor, they could have problems with this approach.