PDA

View Full Version : new home kit.......officially unveiled

MyJo
15-06-2010, 06:16 PM
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100615/new-home-kit-unveiled_2262950_2071502

love it :thumbsup:

Hibs90
15-06-2010, 06:17 PM
Guess they had no choice really. Pictures look Photoshoped to ****.

HH81
15-06-2010, 06:19 PM
looks very nice :agree::thumbsup:

BEEJ
15-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Looks good. Like it. :thumbsup:

Al_Bundy
15-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Nice, I'm guessing the new guy is getting the number 8 too. Was it Cregg that wore 8 last season?

Hibs90
15-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Taking a closer look, the photo of the full strip has clearly been Photoshopped for some reason.

HH81
15-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Anyone think the club should have just released the kit and not announced the player signing....... then everyone could say who's that :greengrin

Gatecrasher
15-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Guess they had no choice really. Pictures look Photoshoped to ****.

Agreed maybe professionaly done official photos will be released

.Sean.
15-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Would've liked white turnovers on the socks but other than that very smart :agree:

Diclonius
15-06-2010, 06:40 PM
De Graaf's number's 8, then.

derek1875hfc
15-06-2010, 06:42 PM
New Kits out on official site

matty_f
15-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Looks fabulous. Very traditional looking. It's a definite purchase for me.

frazeHFC
15-06-2010, 06:49 PM
Looks amazing, i like how, as the same as the 09/10 strip, it is fairly simple and as said above traditional :thumbsup:

Juice-Terry
15-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Superb. :thumbsup:

'Mon the Cabbage!

hibee_girl
15-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Looks great, much better than the away one

Bayern Bru
15-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Echoes of THE retro kit from 00/01. :thumbsup:

I'm a fan. I wonder if the third kit is going to be more 'home kit' than 'mint kit.'

SouthMoroccoStu
15-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Good top. Can't wait for the 24th!!!!

Ell_Chrisso
15-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Anyone a tad dissapointed that its almost identical to last season's ??

Pretty Boy
15-06-2010, 07:07 PM
That's how a Hibs strip should look. White collar, white sleeves(not shoulders) and a dark green top. Plain white shorts and green socks. Only complaint is that the socks don't have white turnovers.

No gimics, no messing about. Looks great.

Ritchie
15-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Love it!! :agree:

green.and.white
15-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I like it but its too samey and boring, wanted something different like some sort of pattern or something different on it rather than a bog-standard green with white sleeves.

Removed
15-06-2010, 07:25 PM
That's how a Hibs strip should look. White collar, white sleeves(not shoulders) and a dark green top. Plain white shorts and green socks. Only complaint is that the socks don't have white turnovers.

:agree: :thumbsup:

I like it but its too samey and boring, wanted something different like some sort of pattern or something different on it rather than a bog-standard green with white sleeves.

Are you a real hibby or about 12 :wink:

green.and.white
15-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Are you a real hibby or about 12 :wink:

:greengrin i love the simplicity, dont get me wrong, but also part of me wishes for some diversity.

Jay
15-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Love it love it love it! :thumbsup:

Thank god for that - I hate that mint thing :greengrin

Biffa Bacon
15-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Was hoping for a darker shade of green for the main body of the top (and not too keen on the bottle green inserts under the arms), but apart from that, no too bad at all!

Ell_Chrisso
15-06-2010, 07:33 PM

Where people will slag you off for this opinion.. I kinda agree. This top is almost identical to last years.. and i do like it. However, Le Coq Sportif bring this kit out, and i think a few more people would have negative feedback rather than all the thumbs up.

The kit is neat and tidy, but i like you would rather have seen some sort of imagination or creativity with the shirt atleast. The auld ins will be happy with the traditional look.

Sprouleflyer
15-06-2010, 07:36 PM
Now that strip will be very popular!!

Well done Puma :thumbsup:

col02
15-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Where people will slag you off for this opinion.. I kinda agree. This top is almost identical to last years.. and i do like it. However, Le Coq Sportif bring this kit out, and i think a few more people would have negative feedback rather than all the thumbs up.

The kit is neat and tidy, but i like you would rather have seen some sort of imagination or creativity with the shirt atleast. The auld ins will be happy with the traditional look.

I thought the same myself with regards to it being nothing different from LCS designs in the past. I actually was one of the few it would appear who liked the LCS HIbs shirts as at least they tried something different with the away shirts by and large.

H185MAN
The mutt's nuts!!!

Sprouleflyer

There is always the mint kit!!!!:greengrin

Removed
15-06-2010, 07:39 PM

:agree:

If it was up to me I'd be happy to stick with this (http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/1300000/images/_1304501_francksauzee300.jpg) strip forever and just change the manufacturer and sponsors logos as and when required :greengrin

Pretty Boy
15-06-2010, 07:40 PM

Maybe we could have put a dragon on it like Inter Milans new away strip?:wink:

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/inter-away-kit-201011_7197

IMO football strips are for playing football in, not a fashion statement. The home strip shouldn't be messed with too much, keep it simple, retain a bit of heritage and play it safe. The away strip and '3rd' strips are maybe a bit more acceptable to muck about with, as we have done this year.

Ell_Chrisso
15-06-2010, 07:40 PM
[QUOTE=Sprouleflyer;2493837]There is always the mint kit!!

Yea they got very inventive with using one colour entirely didnt they? lol

Think the mint kit is the preview of the home after a good few washes :greengrin

Hainan Hibs
15-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Glad they kept it simple after the mint top. Is there a darker green bit just beside the start of the sleeves? Dinnae really like that but good top none the less.

Ell_Chrisso
15-06-2010, 07:44 PM
Maybe we could have put a dragon on it like Inter Milans new away strip?:wink:

http://www.football-shirts.co.uk/fans/inter-away-kit-201011_7197

IMO football strips are for playing football in, not a fashion statement. The home strip shouldn't be messed with too much, keep it simple, retain a bit of heritage and play it safe. The away strip and '3rd' strips are maybe a bit more acceptable to muck about with, as we have done this year.

Yea saw that kit the other week.

I do agree with your concept and others on the fact that home strips should remain very traditional, as most teams are known for there colours..

Just even something a little different would have pleased me more. I will still buy, and im still happy with it tho.

MyJo
15-06-2010, 08:05 PM
I like it, especially the europa cup on the number 8 thats on the shorts :thumbsup::thumbsup:

is it not the SPL trophy....seeing as its the new SPL font ?? :greengrin

http://vleagues.com/wiki/images/e/ee/SPL-Trophy.jpg

db03
15-06-2010, 08:08 PM
is it not the SPL trophy....seeing as its the new SPL font ?? :greengrin

http://vleagues.com/wiki/images/e/ee/SPL-Trophy.jpg
well it might be hahahahaha what an idiot, I didnt even think of that :faf:.
They should have put the europa cup on instead haha

sambajustice
15-06-2010, 08:08 PM

Me, a little bit, its nice but practically the same. Would have liked to have seen some sort of randomness on the shirt.

Saorsa
15-06-2010, 08:37 PM
excellent, brilliant, super, fantasmagorical :top marks :thumbsup:

love it :greengrin

woodyhfc4892
15-06-2010, 08:44 PM

got to agree with you :agree:

hibee_nation
15-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Classic Hibs strip, leave it as is and play about with the away ones. :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
15-06-2010, 09:22 PM

Aint that the truth :greengrin

It's fabby and groovy all rolled into one 1960's love in :greengrin

The Silver Fox
15-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Classic, looks the part.

At The Edge
15-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Yep i really like it, will be handing over a few shiny coins for one, :thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
15-06-2010, 09:48 PM
That's CLASS :agree: I'll be having one of those :thumbsup:

I do wish we'd done the all white away with the green Puma flashes etc. The mint(er) is bad!

HibbiesandtheBaddies
15-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Aint that the truth :greengrin

It's fabby and groovy all rolled into one 1960's love in :greengrin

The collar is very Joe Baker :agree:

hfc rd
15-06-2010, 10:11 PM
Looks very nice. I am definitely going to buy that.

JohnScott
15-06-2010, 10:15 PM
The kit is neat and tidy, but i like you would rather have seen some sort of imagination or creativity with the shirt atleast. The auld yins will be happy with the traditional look.

Yes indeed, this one is! Thumbs up from me :thumbsup:

Little Miss Perfect
15-06-2010, 10:16 PM
I really like it :thumbsup:

erin-go-bragh87
15-06-2010, 10:24 PM
I love it!! The puma logo on the shoulders is cracking!!

Long suffering
15-06-2010, 10:46 PM
has anyone noticed there is what looks like the europa league cup on the number 8 on the shorts?

Long suffering
15-06-2010, 10:47 PM
o yeah someone has :greengrin

Removed
15-06-2010, 10:48 PM
has anyone noticed there is what looks like the europa league cup on the number 8 on the shorts?

Aye but he deleted it :greengrin

See post #36

J-C
15-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Nice kit, very traditional and a new midfield player too boot, things aree looking up, is this why we're going to Holland for pre season. :greengrin

Ryan91
15-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Looks like an absolute cracker for this season's home strip, it's good to see the Puma logo on the Hibs top after having had LCS for so long.

Jonnyboy
15-06-2010, 11:04 PM
The collar is very Joe Baker :agree:

:agree::thumbsup:

Rory89
15-06-2010, 11:14 PM
Not bad, I remember liking it when they brought it out last season but with a different sponsor.

Not being negative because it's an alright strip, but some of you seem a bit keen to use the ":thumbsup:" smilie all the time. If Rod shat on a stick and put it on the cabbage website you'd all be delighted if he stuck a Puma logo on it.

Removed
15-06-2010, 11:28 PM
Not bad, I remember liking it when they brought it out last season but with a different sponsor.

Not being negative because it's an alright strip, but some of you seem a bit keen to use the ":thumbsup:" smilie all the time. If Rod shat on a stick and put it on the cabbage website you'd all be delighted if he stuck a Puma logo on it.

Well the reaction to the mint strips tells you that's not really true is it. Looks fairly even to me the number that are in each of the mint love it or hate it camps and it's not the sort of strip that doesn't evoke an emotional reaction.

It's different enough and now being Puma most folk will want it and the fact that it's traditional will appeal to more than not imo and it will sell pretty well. Then next year it will need to be different with the same supplier and sponsor for folk to buy again so I'd expect a more radical design change then.

Banter
16-06-2010, 01:18 AM

Shirt design could have done with a makeover. Still the switch from chicken to cat should make it more sucessful.

MountcastleHibs
16-06-2010, 01:21 AM
I love it. Puma and Hibs have done a very good job in getting such a quality looking home top :thumbsup:

matty_f
16-06-2010, 01:27 AM

Baws, IMHO.

TRC
16-06-2010, 02:25 AM
Reminds me of this strip! http://www.hibs.org.uk/news/more.php?id=474_0_1_0_C

joejoefaemexico
16-06-2010, 06:41 AM
nice and simple. me likes!

europa league numbering! i'm moist with anticipation!:greengrin

M8UDB
16-06-2010, 06:52 AM
:thumbsup::thumbsup: like it, definitely be getting that before i go on holiday!!

J-C
16-06-2010, 08:09 AM

You can't really do a lot with a green top with white sleeves, apart from changing the the whole concept of the shirt by making it a totally different colour and design, then surprise surprise it no longer becomes a Hibs top.

Sandy
16-06-2010, 08:34 AM

WTF are you on about :confused: Anyway, love the kit and will be buying it when it comes out :agree: oh aye and just for you Rory :thumbsup:

Ell_Chrisso
16-06-2010, 08:35 AM
You can't really do a lot with a green top with white sleeves, apart from changing the the whole concept of the shirt by making it a totally different colour and design, then surprise surprise it no longer becomes a Hibs top.

Mannnn there are some simple people in this world ... :yawn:

Phil MaGlass
16-06-2010, 08:49 AM
Like it, but I dont buy strips, but I do wear one that I was given on my 40th. PHIL 40.

Speedway
16-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Like it but would have prefered to see a non LCS shade of green used. This looks like the strip we had in the blobby era.

LancashireHibby
16-06-2010, 11:41 AM
Love it, best shirt in years. Shall definitely be getting one. Well done HFC, well done Puma!

Ritchie
16-06-2010, 12:24 PM
nice and simple. me likes!

europa league numbering! i'm moist with anticipation!:greengrin

thats the new style SPL numbers in the photos.

HH81
16-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Sent this onto my Burnley mate who are also with Puma now.

He came back saying its the same design as Burnley's just with different colours. Its a class shirt but
would have liked it to just been a Hibs design :greengrin

J-C
16-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Mannnn there are some simple people in this world ... :yawn:

Don't moan about the strip then, we have a strip design that can't really be messed around with, unless we change the whole design it then no longer becomes a Hibs strip. We've had various designs over the years, adding stripes to sleeves and white on the socks etc, they've all been done, it's went back to a classic looking Hibs strip.

bighairyfaeleith
16-06-2010, 02:22 PM
So puma have taken the old strip and added there logo!

It looks OK but not very imaginative

Removed
16-06-2010, 02:49 PM
So puma have taken the old strip and added there logo!

It looks OK but not very imaginative

I really am baffled with this. You and quite a few others make the same comment and I have no idea what you all want to see in our home strip design, or more importantly what is missing from this one :confused:

SouthMoroccoStu
16-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I really am baffled with this. You and quite a few others make the same comment and I have no idea what you all want to see in our home strip design, or more importantly what is missing from this one :confused:

Good point. I like it. very classic top. :notworthy:

LEaston87
16-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I would have loved a white polo collar on the top and white roll ups on the socks. However, I still really like it!

As for the lack of things a designer can do with green top with white sleeves... they could have perhaps made the green two different shades; one slightly darker than the green on the shirt, and had pinstripes/half & half/or horizontal stripes across the green part of the top, which may have worked well, or may have looked balls but its an idea? :confused:

Something like this..

http://www.eastondesign.co.uk/hibs.jpg

bighairyfaeleith
16-06-2010, 03:00 PM

Something new perhaps?

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Hibee_Lisa
16-06-2010, 03:01 PM
I really like it,think it looks class. :thumbsup:

.Sean.
16-06-2010, 04:34 PM
I must admit that i'm slightly baffled by all this guff being spouted about it being the same as last years top. It's nothing like it.

And for those of you complaining about it being too simple and not very imaginitive, what else do you really want, you all say you want a wee change but don't put forward any ideas?

FWIW I really like it, the simpler the better for me. I'd have liked white turnovers on the socks but other than that it's spot on.

A green jersey with white sleeves is distinctly Hibs. Let's keep it that way.

Alex Trager
16-06-2010, 04:50 PM
well it might be hahahahaha what an idiot, I didnt even think of that :faf:.
They should have put the europa cup on instead haha
i thought it was aswell, and was going to say its cool, i also hope the puma badge is sewn on and not just the sticky *****, it certainly looks that way on the sleeve

Cocaine&Caviar
16-06-2010, 07:03 PM
Although I may just be covering what has already been mentioned, here is my view.

I am extremely dissapointed with the kit TBH, I think as our first Puma shirt we should have had something to really make an impact, especially given the very basic away design. This could either have been something completely new in terms of shade of green, pattern or design, or they even could have made it very basic and a retro style top; however they have done neither. They have created a shirt that most of us already own from last year.

This is the first year in many I will not be buying either of the shirts on sale.

mutley
16-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I have already bought the mint top, and I'll be buying this one too, I think it looks great, identifiable as a Hibs shirt as it should be.

Big Frank
16-06-2010, 07:48 PM
lovely strip! BF juniors will be sporting it:agree:

In fact, I'd probably give it a :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::wink:

shaping up nicely hibs. Things are coming together.

12AlbionPlace
16-06-2010, 07:54 PM
What's with all the negativity.

Its a green top with white sleeves and a Hibs badge on it, therefore it's a top strip.

Removed
16-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Although I may just be covering what has already been mentioned, here is my view.

I am extremely dissapointed with the kit TBH, I think as our first Puma shirt we should have had something to really make an impact, especially given the very basic away design. This could either have been something completely new in terms of shade of green, pattern or design, or they even could have made it very basic and a retro style top; however they have done neither. They have created a shirt that most of us already own from last year.

This is the first year in many I will not be buying either of the shirts on sale.

It is a fairly basic design and has a retro neck - did you not see the Joe Baker comment earlier?

And a new shade of green or patterns :bitchy: Why?

stanton_4
16-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Agreed. Best strip since the 6-2 one.

stanton_4
16-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I looked at it and it reminds me of pics i've seen of Gordon Smith doing his thing.
Good enough for me.

Whos-the-poster
16-06-2010, 09:07 PM
I love this kit. Will be getting the kit for sure. :top marks

Whos-the-poster
16-06-2010, 09:29 PM
And im delighted also that we dont have that rubbish puma collar that some new puma kits have.

O'Brien[11]
16-06-2010, 09:56 PM
btw..see if you pre order it does it usually come the day before? because i go on holiday on the 24th and ideally would want it on wednesday the 23rd?:rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
16-06-2010, 10:24 PM
Perfect .... Nae daft stuff.

Love it.

:thumbsup::cool2:

Removed
16-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Perfect .... Nae daft stuff.

Love it.

:thumbsup::cool2:

:confused: What even though it's not very imaginative, no patterns or stripes and the same colour of green we always have yet you still like it :bitchy:

:coolhib:

:thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
16-06-2010, 10:34 PM

Probably want Puma to be 'creative' and offer up a strip with a zig zag across the chest or something :wink:

Jonnyboy
16-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Something new perhaps?

Like what though?

Pink sleeves?

A button down collar?

A zip up the back?

C'mon, put me out of my misery - what is it you want to see on a Hibs home strip?

Cameron1875
16-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Like what though?

Pink sleeves?

A button down collar?

A zip up the back?

C'mon, put me out of my misery - what is it you want to see on a Hibs home strip?

I hope the strip is a grower but i think its boggin (the socks:confused:). Its just a generic puma template, at least le coq put some time and effort into the strip even if the quality was pi$h. It isn't much different than last year but i'll end up buying it like i do every year:wink:

Albanian Hibs
16-06-2010, 11:58 PM
I like it :thumbsup:

I am waiting on my Dad sending me over the away one and I will definately be getting him to send me over the home one too :agree:

broonie27
17-06-2010, 01:49 AM
Nice and simple, nothing spectacular. Do they always have to do them in green though :wink:

dawn
17-06-2010, 02:02 AM
Taking a closer look, the photo of the full strip has clearly been Photoshopped for some reason.

It's the background that's been done in photoshop, looks like for some reason they've used a studio shot of player wearing strip clipped and added it to an outdoor/man-made background, even added the stupid drop shadow, lol

FWIW I like the strip

Aspire
17-06-2010, 04:37 AM
Quality strip and hopefully a quality signing.

Speedway
17-06-2010, 08:32 AM
It's a real departure from Maroon though isn't it?

Bohemian_Hibee
17-06-2010, 08:50 AM
Decent, if unspectacular effort from Puma. Certainly not earth-shattering or anything like that, let's hope future efforts show a little more imagination. I think certain posters here have proven with their mock-ups that there is room for a certain amount of creativity when it comes to a Hibs jersey.

A slightly disappointing 5/10

Auckland Hibs
17-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Decent, if unspectacular effort from Puma. Certainly not earth-shattering or anything like that, let's hope future efforts show a little more imagination. I think certain posters here have proven with their mock-ups that there is room for a certain amount of creativity when it comes to a Hibs jersey.

A slightly disappointing 5/10

Agree. It lacks imagination and it's not really that different from last years.

dangermouse
17-06-2010, 10:57 AM
I would have loved a white polo collar on the top and white roll ups on the socks. However, I still really like it!

As for the lack of things a designer can do with green top with white sleeves... they could have perhaps made the green two different shades; one slightly darker than the green on the shirt, and had pinstripes/half & half/or horizontal stripes across the green part of the top, which may have worked well, or may have looked balls but its an idea? :confused:

Something like this..

We already have one team in the SPL with green and white hoops :sick:

.SeventyFive
17-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Well it does appear that is has these annoying pointy bits at the bottom which the Burnley shirt has: here (http://www.claretsstore.co.uk/isize.asp?image=store/stock/HOME%20LS%20ADULT%201011%201.jpg&h=235&w=300&fit=0).

You can see the tip of it by his hand :bitchy:
So not exactly like last year's strip.

MyJo
17-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Well it does appear that is has these annoying pointy bits at the bottom which the Burnley shirt has: here (http://www.claretsstore.co.uk/isize.asp?image=store/stock/HOME%20LS%20ADULT%201011%201.jpg&h=235&w=300&fit=0).

You can see the tip of it by his hand :bitchy:
So not exactly like last year's strip.

It also doesn't have the big dark green panel that ran the length of the left side of the top from last year, or the dark green/white piping around the edge, or the badge in the middle of the shirt. It also has a much more prominent retro styled thick collar, dark green sections under the arms and no green piping on the edge of the sleeves.

The devil is in the details :wink:

.SeventyFive
17-06-2010, 01:11 PM
It also doesn't have the big dark green panel that ran the length of the left side of the top from last year, or the dark green/white piping around the edge, or the badge in the middle of the shirt. It also has a much more prominent retro styled thick collar, dark green sections under the arms and no green piping on the edge of the sleeves.

The devil is in the details :wink:

Yeah and all that stuff :greengrin

LEaston87
17-06-2010, 01:24 PM
We already have one team in the SPL with green and white hoops :sick:

I never said Green & White Hoops :wink:

dangermouse
17-06-2010, 01:59 PM
I never said Green & White Hoops :wink:

What are horizontal stripes then if they are not hoops? :confused:

soupy
17-06-2010, 02:55 PM
:thumbsup:might even invest in it myself

jakki
17-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Just ordered 2 on line, one for me and one for hubby. I think they're
the bees knees :thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
17-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Like what though?

Pink sleeves?

A button down collar?

A zip up the back?

So because I don't design strips and don't have a design in my head I should just shut up and not have an opinion on this one?

Facts are it is just a copy of the last strip with the logo changed. No idea what would have been better, but would have liked to see puma design something new. Is that so bad?

MyJo
17-06-2010, 03:47 PM
So because I don't design strips and don't have a design in my head I should just shut up and not have an opinion on this one?

Facts are it is just a copy of the last strip with the logo changed. No idea what would have been better, but would have liked to see puma design something new. Is that so bad?

The facts are its completely different from the last strip while sticking to the strict parameters that a hibs home shirt must be designed within.

as per my post earlier in the thread the two strips have lots of differences in thier design, in fact the only thing that is the same is the colours and the fact the white of the sleeves stop in the same place rather than going any further up the shoulders, i haven't seen it in the flesh yet but i would be willing to bet that its also a completely different material that being used as well.

wick hibby
17-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Great order on its way :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
17-06-2010, 06:04 PM
Disagree and what is this nonsense about parameters a hubs strip must be designed within?

Have I missed a rule book somewhere?

LEaston87
17-06-2010, 08:32 PM
What are horizontal stripes then if they are not hoops? :confused:

You havent read my post properly. I was saying we could have horizontal/vertical stripes in two shades of green, not green and white. Similar to the pic I uploaded with my post.

Hainan Hibs
17-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Disagree and what is this nonsense about parameters a hubs strip must be designed within?

Have I missed a rule book somewhere?

What the **** the team was thinking between the creation of the team in 1875 to 1938 in breaking the rules I'll never know:grr:

Full white top? Hoops? All green top? The team even had the audacity to wear the all green top when winning a League and Cup double:grr::grr:

Who the **** was meant to be enforcing these "strict parameters":confused::grr:

blackpoolhibs
17-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Yip i agree, thats why i thought we might have tried a different colour this year for a change.

Jonnyboy
17-06-2010, 09:27 PM

Jeez that's fired you up :greengrin

You said they could have tried something different and I asked you what. I don't recall saying you were a designer, I merely asked what you thought could be different

Bristolhibby
18-06-2010, 06:56 AM

Something like this..

Don't think Puma would like three prominant stripes on one of their shirts though. What with their bad blood with Adidas.

J

Russian Hibs Fan
18-06-2010, 08:26 AM
Looks great and very classic! :thumbsup:

dangermouse
18-06-2010, 08:32 AM
You havent read my post properly. I was saying we could have horizontal/vertical stripes in two shades of green, not green and white. Similar to the pic I uploaded with my post.

OK white was never mentioned but then neither was vertical hence my image of green and white hoops.

The pic looks good but as mentioned there is not a lot you can do with a home strip for any team really. I'm sure Hearts, Rangers, Celtic, Aberdeen etc have the same problem when designing home strips. They all basically look similar season in season out. However, the Yams and Huns may not have this problem in seasons to come. :wink: