PDA

View Full Version : Vuvuzelas

Sylar
15-06-2010, 05:38 PM
I'm at my final tether with "vuvuzelas". Not the listening to them, but the plethora of people who are never done whinging about them.

I've read so many articles about "people complaining to the BBC", "they're ruining the World Cup", "they should be banned", "make sure they're banned from use in Scotland".

The World Cup is in South Africa, and that's how they watch football down there - it might be a little annoying to listen to on the TV but the fact that people are going to lengths such as writing complaints to FIFA, the BBC etc is just bloody pathetic - do people REALLY think the BBC have the power to get them stopped?

They're not ruining the World Cup - the lack of quality football is ruining the World Cup - Christ, if it weren't for the vuvuzelas, we'd have to listen to commentary duo after commentary duo prattle on about dull matches, whinging about their misfortune to be sitting in a stadium in South Africa, getting paid rediculous amounts of cash to provide coverage of a multitude of football matches, just because the action isn't raging from end to end. When they aren't moaning, we'd be hearing all about spurious connections to England, 1966, or players in the Slovenian/New Zealand/Greek national sides who used to play in the Championship once upon a time.

I also read an article by fellow Hibs fan Margo MacDonald on the BBC earlier, where she has pleaded with the Scottish Parliament to impose a blanket ban from SPL grounds, on the basis that you would be unable to hear police security messages.

Even with the vuvuzelas, announcements over the PA's in these grounds are very audible. I'm not promoting they wing their way into support-wide use in the SPL, but god-forbid someone want to employ a new method to bring some noise to the stadia in this country - God knows the "vocal support" is utterly dire as it is.

Hibby or not, her comments are WAY wide of the mark, and I find it pretty pathetic that because something has annoyed her (and a lot of others, granted) that she'd go to the extent of motioning for bans - (although knowing the SPL, and employment of such a ban would be enforced with 10x more vigour than the "ban" on Sectarian songs/flags/behaviour etc).

I'd rather listen to the constant buzz of the horns than go through the next 3 weeks listening to John Motson and his cancerous mole Mark Lawrenson bleathering pish every other 90 minutes.

Greentinted
15-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I also read an article by fellow Hibs fan Margo MacDonald on the BBC earlier, where she has pleaded with the Scottish Parliament to impose a blanket ban from SPL grounds, on the basis that you would be unable to hear police security messages.

Totally agree, I'm no a fan of them but there are worse things at football (in the case of this WC, the football itself is the outstanding drab feature).
As for Margo's representations I would imagine the vuvuzela would be covered by the 'controlled articles' prohibition contained in the SPL ground regulations anyway, so it's all a big fuss about nowt.
FWIW I have a lot of time for Margo MacDonald but I feel she should be directing her political talents away from this load of nonsense.

blackpoolhibs
15-06-2010, 05:45 PM
A dinnae like them, and agree 100% wi margo.

bingo70
15-06-2010, 05:46 PM
I'm at my final tether with "vuvuzelas". Not the listening to them, but the plethora of people who are never done whinging about them.

I've read so many articles about "people complaining to the BBC", "they're ruining the World Cup", "they should be banned", "make sure they're banned from use in Scotland".

The World Cup is in South Africa, and that's how they watch football down there - it might be a little annoying to listen to on the TV but the fact that people are going to lengths such as writing complaints to FIFA, the BBC etc is just bloody pathetic - do people REALLY think the BBC have the power to get them stopped?

They're not ruining the World Cup - the lack of quality football is ruining the World Cup - Christ, if it weren't for the vuvuzelas, we'd have to listen to commentary duo after commentary duo prattle on about dull matches, whinging about their misfortune to be sitting in a stadium in South Africa, getting paid rediculous amounts of cash to provide coverage of a multitude of football matches, just because the action isn't raging from end to end. When they aren't moaning, we'd be hearing all about spurious connections to England, 1966, or players in the Slovenian/New Zealand/Greek national sides who used to play in the Championship once upon a time.

Even with the vuvuzelas, announcements over the PA's in these grounds are very audible. I'm not promoting they wing their way into support-wide use in the SPL, but god-forbid someone want to employ a new method to bring some noise to the stadia in this country - God knows the "vocal support" is utterly dire as it is.

Hibby or not, her comments are WAY wide of the mark, and I find it pretty pathetic that because something has annoyed her (and a lot of others, granted) that she'd go to the extent of motioning for bans - (although knowing the SPL, and employment of such a ban would be enforced with 10x more vigour than the "ban" on Sectarian songs/flags/behaviour etc).

I'd rather listen to the constant buzz of the horns than go through the next 3 weeks listening to John Motson and his cancerous mole Mark Lawrenson bleathering pish every other 90 minutes.

You have to do both though.

TBH i actually agree with your first paragraph, i'm used to them now, they're still annoying but i'm used to that annoying noise and accept it's just going to be part of the games though so i wish people would stop going on about them.

I would absolutely hate for them to become the norm at hibs games though.

Edit:-forgot to say, try and remember the best atmosphere you've ever been at and think what it would have been like if singing was replaced with these trumpets being blown regardless of what was happening at the game, the thought of replacing the atmosphere at the AEK athens game with constant blowing of horns is a worrying thought.

Sylar
15-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Totally agree, I'm no a fan of them but there are worse things at football (in the case of this WC, the football itself is the outstanding drab feature).
As for Margo's representations I would imagine the vuvuzela would be covered by the 'controlled articles' prohibition contained in the SPL ground regulations anyway, so it's all a big fuss about nowt.
FWIW I have a lot of time for Margo MacDonald but I feel she should be directing her political talents away from this load of nonsense.

Yep - can't argue with any of that, although drums etc are still used (Rangers and Livingstons' support spring to mind), so would a musical instrument/horn not be considered in conjunction with this?

heidtheba
15-06-2010, 05:48 PM
I hate them...
can't we take them to Tynie with us next season (or will that just add as a welcome to their many new world cup stars)? :greengrin

Greentinted
15-06-2010, 05:54 PM
Yep - can't argue with any of that, although drums etc are still used (Rangers and Livingstons' support spring to mind), so would a musical instrument/horn not be considered in conjunction with this?

Possibly a bit of a grey area but I'd imagine the cops would deem them as potential 'weapons' and easier and more disposable to use as missiles. To be honest, I cannae see them catching on here in any case.

Storar
15-06-2010, 05:55 PM
:top marks for the OP

I'm bringing **** loads to Easter Road next season. If enough people want them then they'll take of, if nobody wants them then they'll die out! :partyhibb

heidtheba
15-06-2010, 06:13 PM
:top marks for the OP

I'm bringing **** loads to Easter Road next season. If enough people want them then they'll take of, if nobody wants them then they'll die out! :partyhibb

May I make a suggestion...I've got quite a few Jambo mates...all with kids...
I'm sure their little darlings would love one to blow throughout the World Cup/summer holidays...
:devil:

LaMotta
15-06-2010, 06:20 PM
A dinnae like them, and agree 100% wi margo.

:agree: me too.

Im sick of people moaning about people moaning about them.

Pheona
15-06-2010, 06:21 PM

:top marks

HibeesLA
15-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Vuvuzelas are just the modern version of THIS (http://www.museumselection.co.uk/images/products/medium/7775.jpg)

The Silver Fox
15-06-2010, 09:27 PM
I would stick them up their a**e and then down their throats. Then they would be sick of them too!!

nonshinyfinish
15-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Watching on TV they don't annoy me at all. I completely tune them out most of the time, every 15 or 20 minutes I become aware of the sound again, but it really doesn't bother me.

That said, I imagine it'd be pretty awful having someone sat behind you blasting away on one, so I wouldn't like see them turning up at SPL games, but I find it very unlikely that they'll suddenly become popular over here.

Ed De Gramo
15-06-2010, 09:43 PM

:top marks:top marks

If they also drone out the Nade song = :top marks:top marks

greenlex
15-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I hate them...
can't we take them to Tynie with us next season (or will that just add as a welcome to their many new world cup stars)? :greengrin
There is enough trumpets at Tynie without us taking more.:bitchy:

blairwallace
15-06-2010, 09:54 PM
is it not an african tradition at football games?
points to why i like it are:
1) it drowns out the english commentators
2) it drowns out the english fans "chanting"
3) it reminds me of bees, bees remind me of summer, i like summer. its warmer
4) if it is a african fooball tradition then its good to see other countrys contributing
5) it has given me an excuse to try and find one out and toot it

magpie1892
15-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I'm with the clear majority on this - they are awful.

It's the World Cup - not the South Africa cup.

Frankly, I think it's a little embarrassing that a constant drone masquarades as 'support' and 'atmosphere' and does the locals no favours at all in how they are perceived by the rest of the world.

steviecarnie
15-06-2010, 10:01 PM
ive not read all this so apologies if point has been made, but if bbc/itv really want to cancel them out, turn off the feeds from the mics around the ground, get omni directional mics for the commentators and ull hardly hear them......however double edge sword as it'll sound like radio commentary.....aka ******

hibsbollah
15-06-2010, 10:05 PM

Are you, in fact, me?
:top marks

cad
15-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Only watched 2 games all the way through so far , opening game and the English one both in the pub.
I tried watching a couple in the house ,lasted 5 - 10 mins noise done my box in, lifes to short to listen to they soddin things

jacomo
15-06-2010, 10:56 PM
They're certainly not improving the World Cup, that's for sure.

Crowd noise and reaction can add to the game... instead all you can hear is a near-constant blare from the stands.

That, and the rows and rows of empty seats, are making for a rubbish atmosphere so far... this World Cup has not had a great first week.

Vuvuzelas may well be an African football tradition (since the 1990s - :rolleyes:), but it's doing nothing for this competition at all.

HUTCHYHIBBY
15-06-2010, 11:11 PM
To the poster further up - they remind me of bees! EH?!!

since90plustwo
15-06-2010, 11:20 PM
they may be annoying but its part of the world cup. i dont particularly like them but i wouldnt have them banned as they are creating an atmosphere at a dull world cup.

Musselbound
16-06-2010, 12:30 AM
Can't say I like them but if you are taking the World Cup somewhere then I think you have to go to an extent with the "special atmosphere" of that country. They are obviously a big part of the South African game so it seems a bit ridiculous to say they should banned for the comfort of people sitting on their backsides watching TV (no matter how many millions or squillions that might be). From a South African point of view it would be like being told you could no longer sing at a game in Scotland. Will any real football fans stop watching the World Cup because of them? Very few I'd imagine. At the end of the day the SA World Cup will be remembered for this (like the Mexican wave for instance) and every tournament needs something a bit different. Hopefully it will also be remembered for some good attacking football but as one or two have said there hasn't been much of that in evidence so far and that's more of a concern to me.

Brando7
16-06-2010, 06:56 AM
545 complaints so far :greengrin

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10317767.stm

stu in nottingham
16-06-2010, 07:32 AM
My view on the vuvuzela.

Parrrrppppp!!! (http://stuartfrew.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/the-vuvuzela/)

http://viviennemackie.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/vuvuzela2.jpg?w=585&h=363

down the slope
16-06-2010, 07:40 AM
Are people actually saying that blowing these things would attract people to football in the SPL ?, more like turning folk away and i for one would not pay £400 odd quid for a ST just to listen to that.

Thecat23
16-06-2010, 08:10 AM
I can safely say if i was sitting next to someone the whole season blowing that thing in my lug i'd shove it where the sun don't shine. Sorry but a match is for cheering and shouting, why would you want to blow that for 90 mins just watch the game ffs.

Rant over :greengrin

ionahibby
16-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Heard on the forth one yesterday that sfa would refuse to ban them if they turned up at an spl game, so your not allowed to take a plastic bottle into a game because it could be used as an offensive weapon but yuu can have a vuvezela! Don't fancy getting smacked on the head with one of them if a riot broke out!

HibeeB
16-06-2010, 11:52 AM
o=========<0 Hooooooonk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:greengrin

Broken Gnome
16-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Fair enough they may be part of the South African culture (admittedly not as historically so as people originally though) but at the same time by hosting a World Cup you're providing a platform where football can be properly showcased. If Germany were to play Holland, Brazil to face Argentina or (heaven forbid) Scotland to play England in a vuvuzela-contaminated World Cup, the atmosphere would be completely ruined. I think I've only heard one set of supporters actually chanting in this tournament so far, and that was Germany. You couldn't hear a peep out of England or Holland, both traditionally amongst the more vociferous fans.

Seriously hope Brazil have nothing similar in four years time - it might entertain the locals but it total alienates and disengages visiting or rival supporters from the true spectacle of a game.

steviecarnie
16-06-2010, 12:11 PM
have now tuned them out and are no longer bothering me.

but anyway http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2010/06/vuvuzela-world-cup-noise-bbc-coverage-ronaldo-blatter-fifa/

Lucius Apuleius
16-06-2010, 12:34 PM
As I said to the missus last night when she was complaining about them, I would rather listen to them than the folk songs sung by our weedgie friends.

Speedway
16-06-2010, 12:45 PM
I think they're fantastic. All we need is some samba drums and a blurry picture and it's back to the days of yore when World Cup footie was proper Cop Succer.

Today's 'corporate event' nature of match and identikit strips just remove the incredible diversity that made the World Cup so special in the first place.

I have one of those VuVus somewhere. I'll have to root it oot.

Scouse Hibee
16-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Vuvuzela is great, he's played in every game, showed tremendous energy and never stops annoying the opposition, get him signed up Yogi before the Yams put in a bid.

erin go bragh
16-06-2010, 07:44 PM

but we hear both:grr:

clerriehibs
16-06-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm with the clear majority on this - they are awful.

It's the World Cup - not the South Africa cup.

Frankly, I think it's a little embarrassing that a constant drone masquarades as 'support' and 'atmosphere' and does the locals no favours at all in how they are perceived by the rest of the world.

I'm with the clear majority on this ... I'm well p!ssed off with people moaning about the the vuvuzelas. Compare with most "songs" in this country, usually varying versions of how the opposition are going to get a doing by the home "support". With plenty sweary words, of course.

clerriehibs
16-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Seriously hope Brazil have nothing similar in four years time - it might entertain the locals but it total alienates and disengages visiting or rival supporters from the true spectacle of a game.

You know this? You're there?

down-the-slope
16-06-2010, 10:37 PM
is it not an african tradition at football games?
points to why i like it are:
1) it drowns out the english commentators
2) it drowns out the english fans "chanting"
3) it reminds me of bees, bees remind me of summer, i like summer. its warmer
4) if it is a african fooball tradition then its good to see other countrys contributing
5) it has given me an excuse to try and find one out and toot it

Naw...its a bit like saying 'see you Jimmy hats' are scottish tradition.....not seen before early 90's.....so for me not long enough to be tradition in the true sense of the word
would much rather have the communal dancing singing that is traditional tribal africa...its being lost by these cheap plastic cr*p excuse for a trumpet

Lofarl
16-06-2010, 11:37 PM

mikey1875
17-06-2010, 06:49 AM
my view of the Vuvuzelas

i bought one yesterday

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VUVUZELA-SOUTH-AFRICAN-WORLD-CUP-FOOTBALL-HORN-TRUMPET-/160445264840?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255b4873c8

Pheona
17-06-2010, 09:15 AM
my view of the Vuvuzelas

i bought one yesterday

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VUVUZELA-SOUTH-AFRICAN-WORLD-CUP-FOOTBALL-HORN-TRUMPET-/160445264840?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item255b4873c8

That is the same as the ones I brought back with me. Very similar price to.

mikey1875
17-06-2010, 10:35 AM
That is the same as the ones I brought back with me. Very similar price to.

is it any good?

khib70
17-06-2010, 10:39 AM
my view of the Vuvuzelas

i bought one yesterday

If you're sitting anywhere near me at ER, I would make sure you lubricate it thoroughly first :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
17-06-2010, 10:46 AM
I absolutely hate the damn things BUT I would rather listen to them for 90 minutes than listen to f,n Mark (no got a f,n scoobie, krap one liners)Lawrensen and the rest of the useless BBC commentators.

mikey1875
17-06-2010, 10:57 AM
If you're sitting anywhere near me at ER, I would make sure you lubricate it thoroughly first :greengrin

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

:boo hoo:

Pheona
17-06-2010, 11:05 AM
is it any good?

Well I think so :greengrin

For those of you who don't like them Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk) :greengrin

Lofarl
17-06-2010, 11:31 AM
Well I think so :greengrin

For those of you who don't like them Click Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-Ln_rqPpPk) :greengrin

Brilliant :thumbsup::thumbsup:

clerriehibs
17-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Has the bbc done something to filter out the vuvuzelas during france/mexico? Can't really hear them much (tho once or twice they've blared through), but the commentary sounds a bit off now. And that's not just because of lawrenson. :confused:

7Hero
17-06-2010, 07:14 PM
the mexicans are outsinging them at times, brilliant. even more of a reason to like th emexicans.

although i like them loads as it is anyway

iwasthere1972
17-06-2010, 07:16 PM

Keep them in South Africa.

I for one wouldn't want some clown blowing one in my ear at Easter Road or any SPL ground.

Houchy
17-06-2010, 07:29 PM
They're certainly not improving the World Cup, that's for sure.

Crowd noise and reaction can add to the game... instead all you can hear is a near-constant blare from the stands.

That, and the rows and rows of empty seats, are making for a rubbish atmosphere so far... this World Cup has not had a great first week.

Vuvuzelas may well be an African football tradition (since the 1990s - :rolleyes:), but it's doing nothing for this competition at all.

This is my thoughts on them also. Yes they drown out the God Save The Queen brigade but what a difference it made tonight when the Mexicans stopped blowing them and started singing. For about 5 minutes, it was like a totally different competition and very enjoyable.

Betty Boop
17-06-2010, 08:12 PM
The Vuvuzela Song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HmDVz1ED84&feature=related :greengrin

Gatecrasher
18-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Anyone heard talk sport advertising their WC coverage with NOW thats what i call vuvuzela 2010 :faf:

LiverpoolHibs
18-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes, the greatest defence of them yet!

South African theologian Dr. Tinyiko Maluleke says that the vuvuzela is Africa's revenge on the West. (http://timessaguardian.com/12208ej/tinyiko-sam-maluleke-an-ode-to-the-vuvuzela.htm)

The vuvuzela is the latest of our cultural weaponry. As a people, we have, over the centuries, lost a lot — including a lot of weight (our “hunters and gatherers” were a lot bigger than the average Bafana player). Colonialism took away our land and riches. It also dealt a heavy blow to our dignity and self-esteem. We have been reduced to beggars — begging to be European And American — begging to be anything other than who we are and what we have. In the midst of blue doom and grey gloom, along came this small instrument — the vuvuzela

Here is what it is — our beloved vuvuzela. It is an instrument of assertion. With it we demand to be heard, to be seen and to be felt. The Vuvuzela howl is the desperate cry of a continent long rendered inaudible and invisible. The Vuvuzela sound is the cry of a people dying to be seen and heard. It is a plea to be heard differently and seen differently — to be heard and seen in positive light. This is most important to a continent and a people who, again and again, have been mis-seen, mis-heard and mis-spoken. The vuvuzela personifies the cry of Africa today. It is not merely or only an outward cry — for Africa is not entirely without blame for its own misery. So the vuvuzela calls for action. When we blow it, we are summoning Bafana into action. As we bathe the crowds in its unruly sounds, we will be calling on Africa to stand up and be counted. We blow it for an end to the marginalisation of Africa and we blow it for an end to war and corruption in Africa itself.

GIRUY, ya imperialist dogs! Hooooonnnkk!

Gatecrasher
18-06-2010, 08:33 PM
dont mind them anymore they seem to have really quiet all of a sudden, Wonder why? :cool2:

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 09:23 PM
dont mind them anymore they seem to have really quiet all of a sudden, Wonder why? :cool2:

The England fans drowned them out tonight.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo. :devil:

Gatecrasher
18-06-2010, 09:24 PM
The England fans drowned them out tonight.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooo. :devil:

:hilarious

the booboozela :greengrin

iwasthere1972
18-06-2010, 09:26 PM
:hilarious

the booboozela :greengrin

The booboocapello.

hibbill2002
18-06-2010, 09:39 PM
Vuvuzela didnae even qualify:confused:
youse are all Caracas!

Lofarl
21-06-2010, 02:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7B2LPxggvqY

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Jamie
21-06-2010, 09:29 PM
LOt o this at ER then :hmmm:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovfP5k96CJk&feature=related

Bishop Hibee
21-06-2010, 10:05 PM
Just in case anyone is missing them.

http://www.vuvuzela.fm/

Leicester Fan
09-07-2010, 02:37 PM
A dyslexic friend of mine has been arrested at the World Cup for attempting to blow a zulus vulva !

fiolex1
09-07-2010, 03:41 PM
A dyslexic friend of mine has been arrested at the World Cup for attempting to blow a zulus vulva !

Hearts will have eleven Maroon Vulva's on the park.

--------
09-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Yes, the greatest defence of them yet!

South African theologian Dr. Tinyiko Maluleke says that the vuvuzela is Africa's revenge on the West. (http://timessaguardian.com/12208ej/tinyiko-sam-maluleke-an-ode-to-the-vuvuzela.htm)

The vuvuzela is the latest of our cultural weaponry. As a people, we have, over the centuries, lost a lot — including a lot of weight (our “hunters and gatherers” were a lot bigger than the average Bafana player). Colonialism took away our land and riches. It also dealt a heavy blow to our dignity and self-esteem. We have been reduced to beggars — begging to be European And American — begging to be anything other than who we are and what we have. In the midst of blue doom and grey gloom, along came this small instrument — the vuvuzela

Here is what it is — our beloved vuvuzela. It is an instrument of assertion. With it we demand to be heard, to be seen and to be felt. The Vuvuzela howl is the desperate cry of a continent long rendered inaudible and invisible. The Vuvuzela sound is the cry of a people dying to be seen and heard. It is a plea to be heard differently and seen differently — to be heard and seen in positive light. This is most important to a continent and a people who, again and again, have been mis-seen, mis-heard and mis-spoken. The vuvuzela personifies the cry of Africa today. It is not merely or only an outward cry — for Africa is not entirely without blame for its own misery. So the vuvuzela calls for action. When we blow it, we are summoning Bafana into action. As we bathe the crowds in its unruly sounds, we will be calling on Africa to stand up and be counted. We blow it for an end to the marginalisation of Africa and we blow it for an end to war and corruption in Africa itself.

GIRUY, ya imperialist dogs! Hooooonnnkk!

Ah - now that it's been properly explained....

Bring 'em on!!!!!!!!!!!

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKK!!!!!!!! !!

Keith_M
09-07-2010, 05:55 PM
Some people don't want them at ER because it'll spoil the proper atmosphere.

They must have been going to different games from me last season :wink:

Gatecrasher
09-07-2010, 05:56 PM
Some people don't want them at ER because it'll spoil the proper atmosphere.

They must have been going to different games from me last season :wink:

i dont want them at ER cos they're annoying :wink:

jdships
09-07-2010, 06:26 PM
Let's be absolutely honest with ourselves on this !
Would each and every one of you be happy sitting in the East Stand with people using Vuvuzelas all around you ? .
Be truthful :greengrin
I certainly wouldn't want to put up with that noise for 90 minutes every Saturday
It would be like being among a crowd of drunks when you are stone cold sober .
Spoke with one of "L & B's best" about this in the light of plastic bottles being banned and he reckons there may well have to be a law change to allow them in if the SFA OK it.

:bye:

we are hibs
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM

can you still buy vuvuzelas anywhere

andrew_dundee
04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
just read this thread for the first time

to be honest i dont think they're all that annoying but it's also irrelevant because i dont think they would have a widespread use in Scotland anyway and persumably if they did then it would be because people liked them wouldn't it? supply/ demand in action, also, nicer than some of the stuff you hear our own supporters chanting let alone the Glasgow 'folk songs'

HibeeB
04-08-2010, 03:42 PM
can you still buy vuvuzelas anywhere

No :coffee:

thebakerboy
04-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Yes they were being put on the wall in the Hibs shop this afternoon:grr::grr::grr:

--------
04-08-2010, 05:31 PM

If someone blows a vuvuzela in a stadium, and no one else is there, will it still annoy Margo MacDonald?

I think we should have a poll on which is more irritating - people who blow vuvuzelas, or the people who go on and on whining about them?

All I'm hoping is that there's a bit more noise in the stadium this season than there was last.

But I'm not holding my breath.

w.connectionfc
04-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I think they should only be allowed at ER when the great unwashed teams ie, blue nosed, hooped green or moron maroon fans slither into our south stand and start spouting out their "nothing to do with scottish football" songs

just to drown the ****ers out !!!!

we are hibs
05-08-2010, 09:54 AM
No :coffee:

just bought one off ebay http://images.amazon.com/images/G/01/richmedia/images/cover.gif

HibeeB
05-08-2010, 10:09 AM
just bought one off ebay

It's faulty. Send it back.