PDA

View Full Version : Chief Exec Interview . Hibs TV

PaulSmith
15-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Anyone else watched it?

Basically talks in the same manner as RP, incremental growth year on year but main purpose is getting a team on the park.

In addition looking to send out several younger players on loan at start of season and wanting it to be 2 or 3 players that go to the same team at the same time

matty_f
15-06-2010, 07:06 AM
Anyone else watched it?

Basically talks in the same manner as RP, incremental growth year on year but main purpose is getting a team on the park.

In addition looking to send out several younger players on loan at start of season and wanting it to be 2 or 3 players that go to the same team at the same time

I watched it last night (or early this morning!) and I thought it was very good. He came across well and it's clear that the main priority for the board is to get success on the park. :thumbsup:

Baker9
15-06-2010, 09:10 AM
Anyone else watched it?

The main impression I got was that we have at the helm a man of integrity. Yes, he talks in the same manner as RP but that is because they are both right. I suspect he is a million miles away from being RP's 'yes man'. I'd like to see the equivalent interviews for all the other SPL chief executives so I can gloat.

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 09:14 AM
We are in danger of becoming like the Yams, the amount of fawning we do towards the people running the club these days. How long before we start doffing our forelocks to "Mr" Petrie.

I know nothing about finance, or accounting and so I keep my nose out of it. Mind you I know nothing about football too, er

matty_f
15-06-2010, 09:24 AM
We are in danger of becoming like the Yams, the amount of fawning we do towards the people running the club these days. How long before we start doffing our forelocks to "Mr" Petrie.

I know nothing about finance, or accounting and so I keep my nose out of it. Mind you I know nothing about football too, er

I agree. Let's ignore the good work these bast**ds are doing and never talk of it again, lest we become like the Yams.

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 09:31 AM
I agree. Let's ignore the good work these bast**ds are doing and never talk of it again, lest we become like the Yams.

Yeah, because we all know what we're talking about when it comes to business.

Peevemor
15-06-2010, 09:37 AM

That's the point though - on the whole we do when it comes to HFC.

We brought in x amount and we spent y amount, the difference between the 2 is the profit or loss for the year. With this in mind, we will permit ourselves to spend y' amount, set against a projected income of x' amount (and bearing in mind we still have loans of z amount).

It's not so straightforward at certain other clubs, so let's be thankfull we have our board and not theirs.

Baker9
15-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Different class throughout the club from our rivals (particlarly now that Campell Ogilvie has gone). For the record, I have met Petrie socially and did not like the man. For the other record, he did not like me, and that's ok. I suspect he wouldn't like forelock doffers.

It is still a very good interview with our Chief Exec and something to gloat about.

matty_f
15-06-2010, 12:00 PM

Do you need to be an expert to see that a proven policy of sustainable year on year growth is a good idea?

Should we be concerned that we've been able to complete the stadium, provide first class training facilities, achieve a fourth place finish with European football attained, attract high quality talent to the club, have an envied youth set-up - all against the backdrop of one of the worst financial crisises the world has seen?

I don't think you need to be clued up on business to see that all of the above should be applauded.

I thought you were revising your sarcastic approach, anyway?

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 12:09 PM
That's the point though - on the whole we do when it comes to HFC.

We brought in x amount and we spent y amount, the difference between the 2 is the profit or loss for the year. With this in mind, we will permit ourselves to spend y' amount, set against a projected income of x' amount (and bearing in mind we still have loans of z amount).

It's not so straightforward at certain other clubs, so let's be thankfull we have our board and not theirs.

Fair enough.

Different class throughout the club from our rivals (particlarly now that Campell Ogilvie has gone). For the record, I have met Petrie socially and did not like the man. For the other record, he did not like me, and that's ok. I suspect he wouldn't like forelock doffers.

It is still a very good interview with our Chief Exec and something to gloat about.

I agree.

Do you need to be an expert to see that a proven policy of sustainable year on year growth is a good idea?

Should we be concerned that we've been able to complete the stadium, provide first class training facilities, achieve a fourth place finish with European football attained, attract high quality talent to the club, have an envied youth set-up - all against the backdrop of one of the worst financial crisises the world has seen?

I don't think you need to be clued up on business to see that all of the above should be applauded.

I thought you were revising your sarcastic approach, anyway?

Yes.

Peevemor
15-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Fair enough.

I agree.

Yes.

:cool2:

Speedway
15-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I think that the most thought provoking and insightful part of the interview was when he was asked for his vision of the future of football in Edinburgh. He explained how Hall Contruction had found something whilst building the East and handed it in to him.

I liked how he held up a manky Lidl shopping bag with a Yam top in, took it out, dropped his strides and wiped his backside with it before looking straight to camera and going bright red in the face screaming 'Mon the Cabbage Ya Bas!'

I'd encourage everyone to take a look at that as an example of the level of commitment our board has to this club.

Update: I notice they've edited that bit out of it now. Shame.