PDA

View Full Version : Greggs Seen today driving to Carlisle - Mercedes C63 - reg. G7 SPL

An Leargaidh
15-06-2010, 12:49 AM
Was heading to Carlisle today when I was overtaken by a very high end spec Mercedes C63 saloon with the registration G7 SPL. There was a Mercedes-Benz Edinburgh sticker in the back window.

With its 6.2 litre V8 engine it was soon out of site but must have stopped at the services because as I turned off at Junction 44 it was just ahead of me at the lights. I tried to see who was driving it but was unsuccessful. It turned right at the roundabout heading into Carlisle city centre.

Just wondered if anyone knows this car and is it anything to do with Hibs i.e. a board member or someone from the management team? It was early afternoon when I saw it.

Jack
15-06-2010, 06:42 AM
I know the car.
IMO an engine that size should be a V12.

Hank Schrader
15-06-2010, 09:56 AM
That car went flying past me on the city bypass a few weeks ago, what a noise it made too. The SPL in the reg made me wonder if it belonged to a footballer.

I think the official name for that make is the Mercedes Black? :dunno:

An Leargaidh
15-06-2010, 12:05 PM
That car went flying past me on the city bypass a few weeks ago, what a noise it made too. The SPL in the reg made me wonder if it belonged to a footballer.

I think the official name for that make is the Mercedes Black? :dunno:

Totally agree about the noise! SUPERB! :thumbsup: It is officially called a Mercedes-Benz AMG C63 apparently. I looked it up and it is just a V8 but my bro is an engineer and he says a V8 is technically the best balanced engine you can get due to the mechanical forces balancing out exactly through the eight cylinders and so a V8 is always very smooth.

Anyway I just wondered, seeing as it was peeling off the motorway and heading into Carlisle if it was someone from the club away to do a signing deal or something like that. With a plate like G7 SPL I thought surely someone high up in football.