HibeeMG
14-06-2010, 02:38 PM
Algeria
Denmark
Slovenia
Greece
Japan
Australia

I reckon that, as bad as we are, Scotland are better sides than all these.

SlickShoes
14-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Denmark are better i would say.

The rest are about as bad as we are, our problem is we have slipped that far down the seeding we no longer go in pot 2 so we have 2 GOOD teams to beat everytime we qualify and we dont take up one of those GOOD team spots because we frankly are not good.

Dunbar Hibee
14-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Denmark are probably better, although I think we would give them a run for their money. Algeria Greece etc are gash though and leaves me wondering how they are in the World Cup and we aren't!

SlickShoes
14-06-2010, 02:45 PM
OH and we do things like last euro qualifying with 2 games to go and one win needed:

Assume defeat away to GEORGIA and then lose pathetically

Try to beat ITALY current world champions at home in order to qualify.

Whoever decided itd be easier to beat ITALY than GEORGIA needs there head examined.

jgl07
14-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Algeria
Denmark
Slovenia
Greece
Japan
Australia

Keep off the juice!

Hainan Hibs
14-06-2010, 02:48 PM
As others said Denmark are probably a better side.

For the others I think we'd give them a good game if we dropped the 4-5-heidless chicken who cannae score formation.

With Fletcher improving all the time, Snodgrass and Dorrans coming through, Scotland will hopefully have a good qualification campaign for the Euro Championship.

basehibby
14-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Algeria
Denmark
Slovenia
Greece
Japan
Australia

You could be right at the present time - but a year ago under Burley we were sadly, pish, which is why we're not there.

HibeeMcGinn1
14-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Over the last 2 years there is absolutly nothing about Scotland to say we are better than those teams. Japan just beat Cameroon, nuff said in my eyes.

Steve20
14-06-2010, 04:45 PM
Algeria
Denmark
Slovenia
Greece
Japan
Australia

There is no way Scotland are better than these sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hibernian Verse
14-06-2010, 04:48 PM
There is no way Scotland are better than these sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I disagree. Some are really woeful.

Sent from my laptop using my fingers.

Beefster
14-06-2010, 04:57 PM
I disagree. Some are really woeful.

Sent from my laptop using my fingers.

So are Scotland. We couldn't even finish second in a fairly weak group.

GordonHFC
14-06-2010, 05:12 PM
We are pish.
Sent from the departure lounge in Edinburgh airport. Flight delayed. Anyone fancy a trip to Bristol ?

HibeeMcGinn1
14-06-2010, 06:53 PM
We are pish.
Sent from the departure lounge in Edinburgh airport. Flight delayed. Anyone fancy a trip to Bristol ?

scotland are pish.
sent from my bedroom on my laptop

see what youv started milky :grr: :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
14-06-2010, 07:23 PM
Algeria
Denmark
Slovenia
Greece
Japan
Australia

As an Englishman, I'm praying you're right!! :wink:

Sent from my penthouse suite in Saint Tropez (or thereabouts).

HibeeMG
14-06-2010, 07:25 PM
As an Englishman, I'm praying you're right!! :wink:

I was contemplating putting England in that list but it would've opened up a whole different can of worms.

We'd have given you a game though!

:wink:

Dashing Bob S
14-06-2010, 07:25 PM
No, we are so bad it's sad. Glad we're not there, it would be embarrassing watching Kenny Miller trying to open up any defence i've seen this past few days. Just because there has been a few pish performances, let's not get carried away.

HibeeMG
14-06-2010, 07:29 PM
No, we are so bad it's sad. Glad we're not there, it would be embarrassing watching Kenny Miller trying to open up any defence i've seen this past few days. Just because there has been a few pish performances, let's not get carried away.

I know what you're saying. I do think that we're somewhere between where you think we are and where I do.

I'm thinking of us using the correct players i.e. Kenny Miller not getting anywhere near it. Fletch, Dorrans etc being used correctly. I think we have the basis of a pretty good team.

You're thinking of the team pissing away our opportunity under Burley.

It's all a glass half empty/half full scenario!

Sas_The_Hibby
14-06-2010, 07:30 PM
I was contemplating putting England in that list but it would've opened up a whole different can of worms.

We'd have given you a game though!

:wink:

Anyway, England are in a league of their own......

Blue Square Premier, anyone? :greengrin

Gus
14-06-2010, 07:32 PM
You could be right at the present time - but a year ago under Burley we were sadly, pish, which is why we're not there.

what evidence do you have to suggest Scotland are any better now than a year ago......none

ALL the teams in the world cup now and in the last 2 years has been better than Scotland, sad but very true

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2010, 07:34 PM
what evidence do you have to suggest Scotland are any better now than a year ago......none

ALL the teams in the world cup now and in the last 2 years has been better than Scotland, sad but very true

I.m sure we could give Honduras a game.

Gus
14-06-2010, 07:37 PM

im sure you could......but you would get pumped

Sergey
14-06-2010, 07:42 PM

They (Honduras) have 3 players plying their trade in the EPL, 3 in Seria A and another couple dotted around Europe.

Maybe if Driver was fit, eh!

EasterRoad4Ever
14-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Algeria
Denmark
Slovenia
Greece
Japan
Australia

:agree: About time they started matching up countries of similar size for qualification purposes rather than geographic location. That way Engerlund would have to play some decent sides and we would get some of the rubbish that have made the finals.

CropleyWasGod
14-06-2010, 08:38 PM
:agree: About time they started matching up countries of similar size for qualification purposes rather than geographic location. That way Engerlund would have to play some decent sides and we would get some of the rubbish that have made the finals.

.... like Uruguay and Denmark? :greengrin

Sir David Gray
14-06-2010, 11:18 PM

We got to play two countries that have a similar population size to ourselves in the last two qualifying campaigns (Georgia and Norway) and we only took 4 points out of those 4 games.

Based on that, we would also get to play the likes of Paraguay (who just got a draw against the reigning world champions), Denmark (who are, at best, no worse than us), Slovakia (finished ahead of the Czech Republic in qualifying), the Republic of Ireland (who probably should be at the World Cup) and Croatia (who are currently ranked in the top ten in the world and who also got to the 1/4 finals of Euro 2008).

The truth is, Scotland are just garbage at the moment and we're not in South Africa because we don't deserve to be there. Algeria, Slovenia and Greece etc might not be world beaters but they have qualified and no-one can argue with that.

Slovenia (population approx. 2 million) managed to qualify ahead of the Czech Republic (population 10 million) and Poland (population 38 million) so I think we really are clutching at straws if we're asking to play other countries of a similar size to ourselves, in order to make it easier for us to qualify for major tournaments.