PDA

View Full Version : Hearts value Driver at £3.5m........ oh no, make that £5m

Winston Ingram
14-06-2010, 01:40 PM
according to Sky sources:greengrin

Stevie Reid
14-06-2010, 01:42 PM
To value him higher than Fletch is absolutely laughable.

Woody70x2
14-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Fair enough though... SPL clubs do get short changed for our most talented players. State your price and if suitors come calling they know what it is.

Take Fletcher for example... we nurtured the boy and sold him for £3m. He plays for Burnley for a season and bank just as much as we did from the initial sale.

Dunbar Hibee
14-06-2010, 01:46 PM
He is not worth anywhere near that imo.

Frazerbob
14-06-2010, 01:47 PM
He did play for England under 21's you know!

:yawn::yawn:

poolman
14-06-2010, 01:48 PM
couldny really put a price on him

He's spent the majority of the last two seasons on the treatment table :rolleyes:

Hainan Hibs
14-06-2010, 02:01 PM
:faf:

Hearts just cannot help themselves with the comedy.

DC_Hibs
14-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Sounded ridiculous until I read this from BBC article

"And Twente chief executive Joop Munsterman told RVT Oost that Hearts had turned down their £3m offer"

They could break even for the financial year at this rate................

aberhibsfc
14-06-2010, 02:44 PM
At the end of the day, he's their player and they can value him at as much as they want. I think £3.5mill would be a fair price if his performance was of that two years ago. He's hardly kicked a ball in anger for over a
year and certainly has come anywhere near that form.

Fletcher's value was not based in one seasons performance, he was performing at a decent level season in saeson out. His last being one of the poorer ones, think his mind was unfortunately elsewhere.

If they can get that for Driver then fair enough. It's still a drop in there financial nightmare if they did.

hibhib7
14-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Yes, but according to the EEN, Chelsea are after him, so the sky's the limit.:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:

jgl07
14-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Yes, but according to the EEN, Chelsea are after him, so the sky's the limit.:tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:
It was the same with Golcalves. Hearts were constantly 'turning down' offers of 2 to 3 million Euros for him. He went on a free in the end after being frozen out for the last half season.

Golden Bear
14-06-2010, 04:04 PM

"And Twente chief executive Joop Munsterman told RVT Oost that Hearts had turned down their £3m offer"

They could break even for the financial year at this rate................

The supposed "offer" was made in July 2009.

Driver hardly kicked a ball last season because of injury so I think he'll need to prove himself again before anyone will be daft enough to submit a further £3million offer.

.Sean.
14-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Pish, the wee ginger Englishman is worth 2 million at the very, very most :bye:

jgl07
14-06-2010, 04:22 PM
Pish, the wee ginger Englishman is worth 2 million at the very, very most :bye:
Assuming he can pass a medical. Given his 'sicknote' season, this is far from sure.

Let him run down his contract and then be frozen out if he refuses to extend.

It's the Hearts way.

maturehibby
14-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Only driver worth that money is Lewis Hamilton

HibbiesandtheBaddies
14-06-2010, 05:18 PM
At the end of the day, he's their player and they can value him at as much as they want. I think £3.5mill would be a fair price if his performance was of that two years ago. He's hardly kicked a ball in anger for over a
year and certainly has come anywhere near that form.

Fletcher's value was not based in one seasons performance, he was performing at a decent level season in saeson out. His last being one of the poorer ones, think his mind was unfortunately elsewhere.

If they can get that for Driver then fair enough. It's still a drop in there financial nightmare if they did.

Drivers value is based on a complex mathematical formula:

(Fee for Steven Fletcher) + X (where X = a suitable premium on account of Hertz being a much bigger club)

HibbyAndy
14-06-2010, 05:20 PM
If Hearts genuinely rate Driver as 3.5 Million then Ivan Sproule in his time at Hibs would have been worth 20 Million.

Driver couldnt lace Ivans' boots.

Dunbar Hibee
14-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Only driver worth that money is Lewis Hamilton

:faf:

sammy7
14-06-2010, 05:35 PM
If Hearts genuinely rate Driver as 3.5 Million then Ivan Sproule in his time at Hibs would have been worth 20 Million.

Driver couldnt lace Ivans' boots.

to be honest, we could have got alot more for ivan... too much was made of the fact we only paid 5k for him!

Hibs90
14-06-2010, 05:36 PM
to be honest, we could have got alot more for ivan... too much was made of the fact we only paid 5k for him!

Agree with this to an extent, we should have got around a million at least for Ivan.

HibbyAndy
14-06-2010, 05:39 PM
I hope Driver stays at Hearts, Cause he is only good for maybe 10 games a season,.Total *****tane of a laddie to boot.

sammy7
14-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Agree with this to an extent, we should have got around a million at least for Ivan.

:agree: without doubt... far too much was made of the fact we only paid 5k for him, so to get 500k we pocketed alot, but we could have got double that if there hadnt been too much made of the fee we paid initially! :agree:

HibbyAndy
14-06-2010, 05:52 PM
:agree: without doubt... far too much was made of the fact we only paid 5k for him, so to get 500k we pocketed alot, but we could have got double that if there hadnt been too much made of the fee we paid initially! :agree:

Im pretty sure Hibs only got half the valuation you mention.

crash
14-06-2010, 05:56 PM
The supposed "offer" was made in July 2009.

Driver hardly kicked a ball last season because of injury so I think he'll need to prove himself again before anyone will be daft enough to submit a further £3million offer.

:agree: He has a career threatening knee problem, similar to the injury which has plagued Owen Hargreaves for the last two seasons.

woody47
14-06-2010, 06:04 PM
These muppets really do live in planet cuckoo land. The guy had one half decent season 2 seasons ago and that was it. 1 and 1/2 mil tops! Lets hope they price him out the market and leaves next season for FA. He can sign a pre-contract in January so they really need to cash in now.

heidtheba
14-06-2010, 06:12 PM
So, forgetting what we all think he is worth, what amount from that 3.5m do we think Fat Jim will get?

Phil D. Rolls
14-06-2010, 06:16 PM
We can bitch all we want, but why would Eredivisie winners FC Twente say they had bid £3m for a player if they hadn't. Unless they are great big liars as well, and are kidding their fans on they have cash to spend.

truehibernian
14-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I find it astonishing that clubs are willing to bid for a player who his own club (and player himself) has stated is off to get "pioneering" surgery on a recurrent injury. Smoke and mirrors from his agent and the club's owners methinks. Good player, bags of potential IMHO, and would love a similar winger type at ER next season. Wait a minute........we do have a similar player but Hughes doesn't use him nearly enough :greengrin They will have kittens however in the next couple of weeks when they lose Lee Wallace too :agree:

cabbageandribs1875
14-06-2010, 08:49 PM
has driver finally found his way out of DVZ's back pocket yet ?

The Silver Fox
14-06-2010, 08:57 PM
If I was his agent I would be demanding £30,000 a week if I was that valuable. Same with McGreedy, £50,000 a week for a £10m man.

The clubs can't have it both ways, hving said that both will be paid well when they join decent clubs.

AK86
14-06-2010, 09:25 PM

They could break even for the financial year at this rate........
not really, any money the ****s get go right into vlads sky rocket(or submarine:wink:)

wallmack
14-06-2010, 09:38 PM
I will be astonished if the yams are able to punt him for £3.5 mil he's hardly been out of his sick bed for the past 12 months:bitchy:

Big Frank
14-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Hertz , and their supporters are full of ****

Phil MaGlass
15-06-2010, 09:14 AM
Just posted on the FC Twente website that he is always injured and not worth 3.5 million.

NORTHERNHIBBY
15-06-2010, 09:39 AM
Actually I would applaud Hearts for this. Gives us something to ponder though as it does not fit in with the firesale mentality that we believe is in place at Disneycastle. Still think Vlad is a trumpet though. Knocking back 3 million at the same time as you need board approval for a light bulb doesn't really square.

davemcbain
15-06-2010, 10:02 AM
The coach _____ or Andy ______ ?

Not even sure which is the more unlikely.

JimBHibees
15-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I think you can be 100% sure that if Hearts did have a £3m bid for Driver his bags would have been packed for him pronto.

Peevemor
15-06-2010, 10:17 AM
I think you can be 100% sure that if Hearts did have a £3m bid for Driver his bags would have been packed for him pronto.

:agree:

Kaiser1962
15-06-2010, 10:29 AM
At least he wont be "burnt out" I suppose. Fresh as a daisy as he has hardly kicked a ball in two years.

Stevie Reid
15-06-2010, 10:39 AM

Exactly. In fact I'm sure that a cash-up bid of £1.5-2M will secure him no problem.

And so it should.

truehibernian
15-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Have to say, not Driver related, but I am more surprised that Dundee Utd's players like Swanson, Gomis and Goodwillie are escaping the transfer radar at present. They are players who are worthy of decent transfer fees IMHO.

Golden Bear
15-06-2010, 11:30 AM

:agree:

If an offer of £3 million was made in July 2009 then I'm sure we would have heard all about it long before now (it's the hawrts way).

IMO this is a way of upping the antie in order to justify asking for more cash right now.

brog
15-06-2010, 03:02 PM
Yams today announce " Healthy interest in Driver ", a rather unfortunate phrase given his sicknote propensities. They really are shameless however, they might as well tether Driver to a large inflatable, as usually seen at used car lots, & fly him over PBS with a large For Sale sign pinned to his erchie!
Meanwhile, as usual we do our business in a quiet & dignified manner, now Yogi just needs to stuff them on the pitch!

Stevie Reid
15-06-2010, 03:36 PM
Yams today announce " Healthy interest in Driver ", a rather unfortunate phrase given his sicknote propensities. They really are shameless however, they might as well tether Driver to a large inflatable, as usually seen at used car lots, & fly him over PBS with a large For Sale sign pinned to his erchie!
Meanwhile, as usual we do our business in a quiet & dignified manner, now Yogi just needs to stuff them on the pitch!

Correct.

Wonder if they consider themselves a selling club yet - that's just for wee teams surely?

Stevie Reid
16-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Anderson still running with this - I'm sure Carlo Ancelotti would be delighted that the club owner is apparently prepared to negotiate a potential £5M transfer for a Hearts player that Burnley rate at £1.5M: -

http://sport.scotsman.com/football/Hearts-seek-5m-for-Driver.6364680.jp

jgl07
16-06-2010, 01:11 PM
This figure is wrong. The fee is now up to £5 million according to Vlad!

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/Hearts-seek-5m-for-Driver.6364680.jp

Peevemor
16-06-2010, 01:23 PM

I believe it. :fibber:

vahibbie
16-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Obviously I don't think Driver is worth 3.5 million never mind a mind boggling 5.0 million but I'd be mightly p!ssed if Vlad managed to squeeze that kind of cash out of someone. Hopefully there's not some kind of money laudering scheme between Vlad and his Chelsea conterpart.
FFS how much would we have got for Fletcher if Rod had been "connected".:grr:

Best case is that he goes on loan and never plays and his value tumbles:agree:

bighairyfaeleith
16-06-2010, 02:48 PM
3.5 mil I nearly pissed my speedos there

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Peevemor
16-06-2010, 02:52 PM
3.5 mil I nearly pissed my speedos there

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

What - you're using Tapatalk on your Nexus One in the swimming pool?

Typed on my boss's time using one finger.

Mikey
16-06-2010, 02:57 PM

Vlad's got previous when it comes to making up interest from Chelsea......

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_4593475,00.html

Golden Bear
16-06-2010, 02:59 PM
What goes around, comes around.

This is an interesting quote from the Kilmarnock Chairman Michael Johnston on the Yams suppposed interest in signing Craig Bryson:-

"I have had no contact whatsoever from Hearts. I see Hearts are looking for £3.5 million for Andrew Driver and we believe that Craig falls into that category as one of Scotland's top players"

:rolleyes:

hibee4life1983
16-06-2010, 05:23 PM
After just reading the EEN story on romanov trying to get 5m for driver after talking with ambromavich(bet the yams had a ham shank reading that), 3.5m being a down payment for his signature.
the guy really has lost the plot but more to the point, why would or where could driver fit into chelseas team??? And why would any other team pay that amount for a mediocre player thats had injury problems?
Imho i think he's worth 1.5m tops, if they keep knocking bk offers of around 3m they wont get him sold at all.

Romanovs at it, and i like it!

degenerated
16-06-2010, 05:52 PM

chelsea??? that's just so noughties, surely it should be manchester city now.

interesting closing paragraph, another player who was whored by the jamtards in the press about non existent transfers all over the place for millions of quid is about to join the huns on a free transfer :greengrin

The Godfather
16-06-2010, 06:26 PM
Don't worry guys if they sell him no doubt the Tash will make sure that Hibs get a sell on clause :greengrin

All hail the TASH

I have Jambos texting me that the deal is done, seemingly Drogba & Lampard are getting thrown in as part of the deal :faf: those clowns will BELIEVE anything.

HibbyAndy
16-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Don't worry guys if they sell him no doubt the Tash will make sure that Hibs get a sell on clause :greengrin

All hail the TASH

I have Jambos texting me that the deal is done, seemingly Drogba & Lampard are getting thrown in as part of the deal :faf: those clowns will BELIEVE anything.

:Ummm:

matty_f
16-06-2010, 07:26 PM

They're shameless.:agree: And laughable.

And tramps.

Ryan91
16-06-2010, 11:06 PM
There is not a snowball's chance in hell that Driver is worth £5m, is really better than Scott Brown was at Hibs before he went to Celtic? Even the initial estimation is laughable, £3.5m for a player who has hardly played for 18 months and has had previous knee injuries, and chances are if he gets another bad knee injury within the next 2 years his career could be over. Driver is a good player when he is playing against weaker opposition and when he works hard, at most though he is worth £2m tops.

Albanian Hibs
17-06-2010, 12:08 AM
They're shameless.:agree: And laughable.

And tramps.

:top marks

Stevie Reid
17-06-2010, 09:05 AM
Come on guys, let Joe Cole go for free and bring in Andy Driver for £5M - you know it makes sense!

The only stumbling block as far as I can see is Driver's reported reluctance to make the move...

dangermouse
17-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Come on guys, let Joe Cole go for free and bring in Andy Driver for £5M - you know it makes sense!

The only stumbling block as far as I can see is Driver's reported reluctance to make the move...

Why would he be reluctant to play for Chelsea? :confused: Made for life and maybe even picked by Capello for England (oops forgot he wants to play for Scotland :wink:)

Stevie Reid
17-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Why would he be reluctant to play for Chelsea? :confused: )

Ask Barry Anderson

dangermouse
17-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Ask Barry Anderson

Who he? Tried to Google him but got a picture of a scantily clad woman that used to be married to Tommy Lee

Stevie Reid
17-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Who he? Tried to Google him but got a picture of a scantily clad woman that used to be married to Tommy Lee

Ha, he's the daftie who writes the Hearts stories for the Evening News, who passes on any ridiculous propaganda he gets fed by the Tynecastle media machine: -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/Chelsea-join-race-to-sign.6346968.jp

"The player's contract runs until 2013 and he may be reluctant to move to England's double winners where competition for first-team football is intense, but the approach from one of the world's most illustrious clubs says much for his reputation south of the Border."

dangermouse
17-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Ha, he's the daftie who writes the Hearts stories for the Evening News, who passes on any ridiculous propaganda he gets fed by the Tynecastle media machine: -

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/Chelsea-join-race-to-sign.6346968.jp

"The player's contract runs until 2013 and he may be reluctant to move to England's double winners where competition for first-team football is intense, but the approach from one of the world's most illustrious clubs says much for his reputation south of the Border."

Ahh... I know who you mean now. What a vuvuzela he is.