PDA

View Full Version : Leith Athletic FC vs. Hibs Legends

leith
14-06-2010, 01:13 PM
As a part of the Leith Festival, a Leith Athletic FC Select will play against the Hibs Legends this Sunday at Leith Links. The game is a 2:00pm kick off and entry is free.

There will be a collection on behalf of the Charity CCLASP and the Leith Festival at half time where all donations are welcomed. A programme will also be on sale before, during and after the match.

Information here (http://www.leithfestival.com/index.php?sn=ev&ssn=sr)

NOLA
14-06-2010, 03:48 PM
look forward to this:thumbsup:

RIP
16-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Sounds a great day oot. Used to live 150 yards fae the Links - my laddies first kicked a ba' there :thumbsup:

As a part of the Leith Festival, a Leith Athletic FC Select will play against the Hibs Legends this Sunday at Leith Links. The game is a 2:00pm kick off and entry is free.

There will be a collection on behalf of the Charity CCLASP and the Leith Festival at half time where all donations are welcomed. A programme will also be on sale before, during and after the match.

Information here (http://www.leithfestival.com/index.php?sn=ev&ssn=sr)

leith
17-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Just to bump this back to the top.

The Hibs players confirmed are

MIchale Renwick
Paul Kane
Mickey Weir
Keith Keith Keith Wright
Calum Milne
Darren Jackson
Lee Bailey
Mark McGraw

Plus many more hopefully.

Last Minute
17-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Have been told that Andy Goram is in goal for Hibs

archiebald
17-06-2010, 10:49 AM
nah wouldna fit :faf::faf:

Peevemor
17-06-2010, 10:49 AM

Which one?

NOLA
17-06-2010, 05:25 PM
Just to bump this back to the top.

MIchale Renwick
Paul Kane
Mickey Weir
Keith Keith Keith Wright
Calum Milne
Darren Jackson
Lee Bailey
Mark McGraw

Plus many more hopefully.

good to see calum milne and mickey weir in the team! DJ will probably get some stick though:wink:

Aaron
19-06-2010, 07:51 PM
BTTT

Looking forward to it. :thumbsup:

Jack
19-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Look out for friends of the Hibs 12th Man!

andudare2
20-06-2010, 08:14 AM
[QUOTE=leith;2494998]Just to bump this back to the top.

MIchale Renwick
Paul Kane
Mickey Weir
Keith Keith Keith Wright
Calum Milne
Darren Jackson
Lee Bailey
Mark McGraw

Plus many more hopefully.[/QUO well keith should be fit for this, he just spent the last two weeks in majorca , where he was playing 5,s every night as well as running about looking after the wee man .:hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:: hahaha:

leith
20-06-2010, 09:19 AM
Bump

great day down the links

2pm ko

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2010, 12:39 PM
Great - taking the wee man along (3) for his first introduction to the Hibees (he's asleep now so perfect timing for KO) Got him is first Hibs top yesterday - a first refusal on the mint strip (can't say I blame him I'm not that keen seeing it close up). No kids balls in the shop hopefully in shortly :thumbsup:

Looking forward to it.

Viva_Palmeiras
20-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Not a good summarizer so a few words
Athletic win 5-4 on penalties - Darren Jackson missing his.

A Decent crowd and a decent match with Athletic more than holding their own. Unlucky to lose a goal in the 90th minute to take it to penalties (sorry missed that one as the wee fella had lost interest but came back for the surprise penalties ). Didn't catch the Hibs scorer. Jackson looked the livelier of the forwards things just not coming off for the scraps Keith had to work with.

Didn't see what happened but looked like someone Weir too a sore one midway through the 1st half and was subbed.
A few nice touches here and there from Jackson and Kano who was having a bit of a tussle - more of a boompsie-daisy than shielding on one occasion. Geebsie also another player getting into a few tussles.
Athletic were lively and had decent movement creating a few chances and were worthy of their lead IMO. It was a bit scrappy up front for Hibs not much coming off.
Good day out in the sun well attended and hopefully a reasonable amount raised for the club and charity.
A certain Mr Hughes was also an interested spectator... maybe keeping tabs on some of the Athletic boys :greengrin

danhibees1875
20-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Walked the gf to work earlier just off leth links and seen the game but didnt bother going over to see who was playing. Absolutly gutted. :boo hoo:

KingFranck
20-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Yogi was indeed on a spying mission he told me he was in the process of trying to sign the number 6 ...
Kano ! Top bloke Yogi thanks for chatting to me and my daughter for 5 minutes

Fantic
20-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Yogi was indeed on a spying mission he told me he was in the process of trying to sign the number 6 ...
Kano ! Top bloke Yogi thanks for chatting to me and my daughter for 5 minutes

Was this at the corner flag in the first half? Think i seen you's chatting to him and your wee lassie look well chuffed. As you say Yogi is one of the good Guys.

OtterHibee
20-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Some photos from today's game (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nala0801/sets/72157624193851649/) for anyone interested.

Peevemor
20-06-2010, 10:13 PM
Some photos from today's game (http://www.flickr.com/photos/nala0801/sets/72157624193851649/) for anyone interested.

There've been a good few salads eaten since some of those boys hung up their boots. :greengrin