PDA

View Full Version : New ER Pitch Looking SUPERB

mully_bear
13-06-2010, 02:46 PM
http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/mully_bear/ER/

.Sean.
13-06-2010, 02:54 PM
The second photo really does illustrate how much further the East is from the South than the West is.

lucky
13-06-2010, 03:03 PM
The second photo really does illustrate how much further the East is from the South than the West is.

It does look like there's a bigger gap but it might look different when complete. The ground does look great though and so does the pitch. I'm looking forward to the new season

SloopJB
13-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Really opens up the potential for a future infill.
Can't wait to see it with the lower panel in place. Good pics.

SloopJB
13-06-2010, 03:05 PM
It does look like there's a bigger gap but it might look different when complete. The ground does look great though and so does the pitch. I'm looking forward to the new season

It wont, it is a bigger gap because the pitch is wider. will look braw though.

southfieldshibby
13-06-2010, 04:00 PM
which stand will the cameras be in from next season? will they stay in the west or move to the easy when completed?

Hibernian Verse
13-06-2010, 04:11 PM
which stand will the cameras be in from next season? will they stay in the west or move to the easy when completed?

West facing East.

monktonharp
13-06-2010, 06:50 PM
http://s870.photobucket.com/albums/ab266/mully_bear/ER/ if they give it the next cut,across instead of along,it will give it a nice Hibs tartan look :wink:

Keith_M
13-06-2010, 07:12 PM
I hope it's still looking good in January. Can't wait to see the new stand all finished as well.

:thumbsup:

big-mo
14-06-2010, 09:15 AM
It is good that they re-seeded rather than re-turfed. The process they used was to put down top soil and then seed it, once the grass had started growing they put down more top-soil and sand mix, once the grass came past that level they put down more top-soil sand mix, this will result in the grass having much deeper roots and should be stronger and survive longer. Whether it is still as good in Jan and Feb will depend on the winter weather and how often we have the undersoil heating on, after all that is what killed off the roots last season and resulted in the poor playing surface.

I was intrested to hear about the pitch at the Emirates and why it always looked so good. Apparently 10% of the pitch is made up of a 4th generation artificial grass matting infilled with natural grass. The matting means that there are very few divots in the pitch. The grass is always kept at the same length as the artificial surface of 2.5cm. I just wonder why we did not do the same, cost I assume.

weonlywon6-2
14-06-2010, 10:12 AM
It is good that they re-seeded rather than re-turfed. The process they used was to put down top soil and then seed it, once the grass had started growing they put down more top-soil and sand mix, once the grass came past that level they put down more top-soil sand mix, this will result in the grass having much deeper roots and should be stronger and survive longer. Whether it is still as good in Jan and Feb will depend on the winter weather and how often we have the undersoil heating on, after all that is what killed off the roots last season and resulted in the poor playing surface.

I was intrested to hear about the pitch at the Emirates and why it always looked so good. Apparently 10% of the pitch is made up of a 4th generation artificial grass matting infilled with natural grass. The matting means that there are very few divots in the pitch. The grass is always kept at the same length as the artificial surface of 2.5cm. I just wonder why we did not do the same, cost I assume.

do they not have large machines that they put over thr grass as well to act as sunlight?

Geo_1875
14-06-2010, 10:16 AM
They've also put in fibrous layer that stops the soil breaking up. Should result in a longer lasting turf

greenlex
14-06-2010, 10:32 AM

I think I am right in saying that the SPL in their infinate wisdom only allow grass. :rolleyes:

steviecarnie
14-06-2010, 10:33 AM
its been discussed on many occasions the emirates has the desso grass system. costs around £100k more to do and £100k more in maintenance a yr

greenlex
14-06-2010, 10:42 AM
its been discussed on many occasions the emirates has the desso grass system. costs around £100k more to do and £100k more in maintenance a yr
Not doubting your information but how in ****s name can a system that is under the ground and doing its job from there cost and EXTRA 100k a year to maintain? 2 grand a week for what?You would be just as well not to maintain it and replace it every year.:confused::confused::confused:

1875 NO 1
14-06-2010, 11:24 AM

It is over a meter further away that the West. I'm not sure if that i due to UEFA's run off criteria. It is a pity it couldn't have been right on top of the touch line the old terraicng

CabbageFan
15-06-2010, 12:25 PM
I wonder how much it would cost Hibs to get this installed???

http://gizmodo.com/5562179/world-cup-tech-naturalartificial-pitch-hybrids-dot-south-africa