PDA

View Full Version : Hartley

the happy hibee
13-06-2010, 01:51 PM
So i take it the hartley rumour was a lot of rubbish then!

.Sean.
13-06-2010, 01:52 PM
So i take it the hartley rumour was a lot of rubbish then!
Don't see it happening now.

MSK
13-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Don't see it happening now.Was never gonna happen ..the longer you are around this forum you will learn to dismiss pish such as that ...:wink:

km2007
13-06-2010, 02:10 PM
When I first heard the rumour, I heard It would'nt be confirmed by Hibs until July 1st.:wink:

blairwallace
13-06-2010, 03:08 PM
the way i see it is normaly when we sign a player their wearing the home top and since theres no new home top out yet, no snaps can be taken of new signings. stupid answer but its the only reason i can think of to why we've not signed anyone yet :dunno:

SloopJB
13-06-2010, 03:10 PM
When I first heard the rumour, I heard It would'nt be confirmed by Hibs until July 1st.:wink:
Where is he plying his trade? the transfer window is open now within each country's leagues while the international transfer market window opens on July 1st

EH6 Hibby
13-06-2010, 06:09 PM
Where is he plying his trade? the transfer window is open now within each country's leagues while the international transfer market window opens on July 1st

According to Wikipedia Scotlands transfer window does not open until 1st July, I can't find the information on any other sites to check if this is accurate though.

bingo70
13-06-2010, 06:13 PM
According to Wikipedia Scotlands transfer window does not open until 1st July, I can't find the information on any other sites to check if this is accurate though.

When the window opens is irrelevant as there's no games being played just now, if we sign him before the window opens all that would mean is that we can't play him until the window opens and any contract he signs i'm sure won't come into effect until pre-season training starts

EH6 Hibby
13-06-2010, 06:22 PM
When the window opens is irrelevant as there's no games being played just now, if we sign him before the window opens all that would mean is that we can't play him until the window opens and any contract he signs i'm sure won't come into effect until pre-season training starts

I didn't think you could sign a player that was under contract to another club outwith the Transfer Window, I thought it was only players that were free agents. I would have thought the deal could be in place before the window opens but it wouldn't go through officially until it does and we all know that Hibs never announce anything until it's official.

Borders Hibby
23-06-2010, 06:52 AM
I didn't think you could sign a player that was under contract to another club outwith the Transfer Window, I thought it was only players that were free agents. I would have thought the deal could be in place before the window opens but it wouldn't go through officially until it does and we all know that Hibs never announce anything until it's official.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/182559/Jefferies-wants-Hartley-at-Hearts/

No real shock there.

matty_f
23-06-2010, 07:03 AM
http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/182559/Jefferies-wants-Hartley-at-Hearts/

No real shock there.

I said some time back that I expected him to be a Hearts player next season.

Jim44
23-06-2010, 07:08 AM

No real shock there.

I said some time back that I expected him to be a Hearts player next season.

Cue a bit of 'about turning' from the Jamboids, many of whom were rather bitter about him round about the time of the silly rumour of his so-called deal with Hibs. Still, they're past masters at that.

matty_f
23-06-2010, 07:20 AM
Cue a bit of 'about turning' from the Jamboids, many of whom were rather bitter about him round about the time of the silly rumour of his so-called deal with Hibs. Still, they're past masters at that.

:agree: Most of them said he was past it, etc.

heretoday
23-06-2010, 08:02 AM
Was never gonna happen ..the longer you are around this forum you will learn to dismiss pish such as that ...:wink:

So it was just pishful thinking as per usual!

Sweep
23-06-2010, 08:22 AM
the way i see it is normaly when we sign a player their wearing the home top and since theres no new home top out yet, no snaps can be taken of new signings. stupid answer but its the only reason i can think of to why we've not signed anyone yet :dunno:

Edwin de graff was paraded with the new top on last week. :confused:

Steve20
23-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Edwin de graff was paraded with the new top on last week. :confused:

Did you look at the date of the post you quoted?

Anyway, Hartley was never going to come back to Hibs. Don't know why people believe these things.

Baldy Foghorn
23-06-2010, 09:27 AM
It was merely a bad rumour........

I am not sure how these rumours start and then escalate, but suffice to say, Hibs and Yogi go about their business professionally and quietly, as we all seen with the recent signing of De Graaf........

I only believe the official site when a player has actually signed for us.....

erskine-hibby
23-06-2010, 09:39 AM
It was, and still is, no more than a rumour, but one that could still come to fruition.

soupy
23-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I know Hearts are interested in him, whether anything happens is another story, cos their refusing to pay £5k for a player with no sell on value, which hes after..

Stevie Reid
24-06-2010, 09:23 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8757790.stm

Bristol City have denied reports that Scottish international midfielder Paul Hartley has been transfer-listed.
Hartley, 33, still has a year to run on his contract at Ashton Gate but has been linked with a move to Hearts, one of his former clubs.
Chief executive Colin Sexstone told the club's website: "There has been absolutely no dialogue between Bristol City and Hearts.
"I can say categorically that Paul is not on the transfer list."
Added Sexstone: "I'm not sure where these stories come from but people are playing with words and getting it wrong.
"He [Hartley] remains an important member of the squad."
Hartley joined City in July last year on a free transfer from Celtic and played an important part in their Championship campaign, making 36 appearances, including four as a substitute.

Hainan Hibs
24-06-2010, 09:28 AM
There is a certain Hibs Class about the way Mr Petrie:greengrin and Yogi go about transfer business.

Jumbo Jeff and the yams? Well, their way of business is just all very Hearts Class.

MacBean
25-06-2010, 09:30 AM
Bristol City say they will listen to offers for midfielder Paul Hartley, who is wanted by his former club, Hearts. (the Sun, Daily Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8761203.stm

matty_f
25-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Bristol City say they will listen to offers for midfielder Paul Hartley, who is wanted by his former club, Hearts. (the Sun, Daily Express)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/scot_prem/8761203.stm

Whereas the stroy from the Herald directly above that quote says that he's not for sale.

brog
25-06-2010, 10:27 AM
The 2 stories are essentially the same. After all the rumours around Hartley, Bristol C are ( rightly ) just protecting themselves by reminding everyone that Hartley has a year to go & will cost a fee. That will stop the manky lot putting in an offer, & hopefully us as well!!