PDA

View Full Version : NHC World Cup

HUTCHYHIBBY
13-06-2010, 01:25 PM
When is it going to start? Absolutely dire so far.

Speedy
13-06-2010, 01:27 PM
When is it going to start? Absolutely dire so far.

I half expected this. The teams in the first half of the draw are pretty gash. Should get a bit better now.

Hibernian Verse
13-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Argentina was a bright spark but Higuain let everyone down in that game, been crap before and since.

Sylar
13-06-2010, 01:57 PM
You think so? Perhaps it's because I was on a rollercoaster of emotions from first to last, but I thought the USA vs England game was a pretty decent affair to be honest - end to end, plenty of chances created by both sides.

Certainly no games have been absolutely enthralling or high scoring, but it's not been absolutely dreadful (apart from the Algeria vs Slovenia match - there were some bright passages of play in the Greece vs South Korea match).

Perhaps we expect too much from the players without considering the stakes.

PISTOL1875
13-06-2010, 02:19 PM
The first round of group games are usually gash because nobody wants to lose there first game..

You tend to find that the games open out in the second round of matches because teams either have a chance of qualifying of are needing a win to save there tournament...

Hibeebob
13-06-2010, 04:13 PM
I was going to post this earlier but thought I would get slated for saying so.

South Korea game was passable, argentina game was also not bad to watch. Ingarlund game was decent but for the obvious reasons.

The rest have been dire IMHO.

heretoday
13-06-2010, 04:22 PM
The ball's too light and keeps going over the bar. Players are fit, hard and fast but I don't see a lot of skill on show yet.

Where's that DVD of 70s World Cups?

HibbyAndy
13-06-2010, 04:52 PM
99% Of the free kicks have been dire..Crosses into the box are pathetic and no defence splitting pass as off yet.

BUT..It will get better, First games are always cagey as teams dont wanna lose,The football will be better as the tourney progresses.

nonshinyfinish
13-06-2010, 05:01 PM
99% Of the free kicks have been dire..Crosses into the box are pathetic and no defence splitting pass as off yet.

BUT..It will get better, First games are always cagey as teams dont wanna lose,The football will be better as the tourney progresses.

Didn't see South Africa v Mexico, then?

Admittedly, aside from the first game and Argentina v Nigeria, it's been fairly unexciting stuff, but let's not write off the tournament after 7 of 64 games, eh?

down the slope
13-06-2010, 05:03 PM
The new ball seems to be a disaster, far to many balls are going out of play especially the through pass and as a result the play is constantly broken up. Fancy not trying the ball out before they used it on the biggest football stage of all time. All that will happen is that the good teams will be dragged down a level or two and turning the tournament into a boring spectacle like we've never seen before

HibbyAndy
13-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Didn't see South Africa v Mexico, then?

Admittedly, aside from the first game and Argentina v Nigeria, it's been fairly unexciting stuff, but let's not write off the tournament after 7 of 64 games, eh?

Who is writing off the tourney?..If you actually read my post i said it would get better as it progresses.

It has been a crap tournament so far, Thats not in doubt.It will get better though.

Hibeebob
13-06-2010, 05:11 PM
Yep andy I'd agree. I'm not writing it off I don't think anyone is?

But it has been single fish, no doubt.

HibbyAndy
13-06-2010, 05:13 PM
Yep andy I'd agree. I'm not writing it off I don't think anyone is?

But it has been single fish, no doubt.

Awrite Rab.

As long as Hearts dont win the WC ill be happy :agree:

CallumLaidlaw
13-06-2010, 05:14 PM
Couple of good games so far. The opener, Argentina and the England game. Looking forward to the games
From ivory coasts group, and the 2nd round of matches will see things open up a bit

nonshinyfinish
13-06-2010, 05:24 PM
Who is writing off the tourney?..If you actually read my post i said it would get better as it progresses.

It has been a crap tournament so far, Thats not in doubt.It will get better though.

The first sentence in my post was a response to what you wrote (which I did read, thank you so very much).

The second sentence was a response to the general feeling of the thread.

HibbyAndy
13-06-2010, 05:29 PM
The first sentence in my post was a response to what you wrote (which I did read, thank you so very much).
The second sentence was a response to the general feeling of the thread.

Glad you enjoyed it.

The WC has been shight so far, But i expect it to get better, Infact i know it will.

Hibeebob
13-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Well that was better.

7Hero
13-06-2010, 08:42 PM
starts tomorrow when the reigning champions play...

Come oooooooon !!!!
:cheers: