PDA

View Full Version : Hansen, Lineker, Shearer & Co

SidBurns
13-06-2010, 11:17 AM
WHAT A BUNCH OF SEE YOU NEXT TUESDAYS!

Linekar - "...sometimes days bring together two huge teams for a huge game, sometimes days bring this"

Hansen - "...yeah thanks for giving me such a big game on my birthday..."

F@NNIES!

woodythehibee
13-06-2010, 11:21 AM
very disrespectful!

bingo70
13-06-2010, 11:22 AM

Linekar - "...sometimes days bring together two huge teams for a huge game, sometimes days bring this"

F@NNIES!

They all seem quite proud and think it's funny how little they know about Slovenia :grr:

Surely, they're paid to do a job so they should do some research, in fairness though i would take Shearer out of that gripe, he seems to at least know a little while the others are amazed at the fact he knows what he does.

Gus
13-06-2010, 11:31 AM

F@NNIES!

it was very disrespectful, comments like that should be saved for countries that FAILED to qualify for the world cup:agree:

TheGreenMan
13-06-2010, 11:36 AM
I usually hate them too but Linekar opening the show with...''Steven Gerrard states that him and the rest of the team are behind Robert Green, which in retrospect seems a good place to stand...!''

Thought that was brilliant!

.Sean.
13-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Lineker is an absolute fanny. Much prefer ITV's WC coverage as Adrian Chiles seems to be alright.

As for Hansen and Lawrenson, I find the fact they often refer to England as 'us' and 'we' downright embarassing for them. Do they forget that they themselves have actually represented Scotland and the ROI in international tournaments?

Hoping Ian Wright isn't on the panel BBC's panel any time soon either. He's grade A fanny and the way he bleats on about SWP as some kind of world-beater is pathetic.

rainman
13-06-2010, 01:28 PM
Lineker is an absolute fanny. Much prefer ITV's WC coverage as Adrian Chiles seems to be alright.

As for Hansen and Lawrenson, I find the fact they often refer to England as 'us' and 'we' downright embarassing for them. Do they forget that they themselves have actually represented Scotland and the ROI in international tournaments?

Hoping Ian Wright isn't on the panel BBC's panel any time soon either. He's grade A fanny and the way he bleats on about SWP as some kind of world-beater is pathetic.

The highlight of every world cup is seeing Ian Wrights face when England get papped out. :agree:

Hibernian Verse
13-06-2010, 01:30 PM
Given the pish poor game I can't blame them.

Over to ITV now...I'd rather have BBC covering all the games. The ticker in the corner when adverts are coming up is so unneeded! Have a hatred for that channel.

Hiber-nation
13-06-2010, 01:31 PM
They all seem quite proud and think it's funny how little they know about Slovenia :grr:

Surely, they're paid to do a job so they should do some research, in fairness though i would take Shearer out of that gripe, he seems to at least know a little while the others are amazed at the fact he knows what he does.

:agree:

Its a minor miracle a country as small as Slovenia have qualified and all that pair of erseholes can come up with is a load of pathetic condescending comments. The Beeb's coverage is just lazy, ITV are winning hands down so far.

ekhibee
13-06-2010, 01:35 PM

Over to ITV now...I'd rather have BBC covering all the games. The ticker in the corner when adverts are coming up is so unneeded! Have a hatred for that channel.
I watched the game, partially because my wife's dad was born in Slovenia (brought up in Austria), so was quite happy with the result. I don't mind ITV because Adrian Giles supports Croatia, not England (his mum's Croatian). Poor game, but Slovenia are a small country so good luck to them.

Bayern Bru
13-06-2010, 01:40 PM
The real reason for their lack of interest in Slovenia was that they couldn't wait to talk about England, having not shown the game the night before.

It's the same in every World Cup or European Championships; if England aren't playing, they talk about them anyway. Even the commentator talking about how today's game would affect England, rather than England AND the USA.

Or am I simply forgetting that the World Cup is actually all about England and there are a few diddy teams who turn up to make it a tournament? :rolleyes:

Hibernian Verse
13-06-2010, 01:45 PM
The real reason for their lack of interest in Slovenia was that they couldn't wait to talk about England, having not shown the game the night before.

It's the same in every World Cup or European Championships; if England aren't playing, they talk about them anyway. Even the commentator talking about how today's game would affect England, rather than England AND the USA.

Or am I simply forgetting that the World Cup is actually all about England and there are a few diddy teams who turn up to make it a tournament? :rolleyes:

I'm sure in Spain they'll talk about Spain, in Italy they'll talk about Italy etc etc...you can't moan about them talking about England when the game directly affects the country. Whether we like it or not we live in the UNITED KINGDOM of which only one country is in the WC, England, therefore they'll talk about just that.

If Albion Rovers were playing Annan and the next game for either team was Hibs in the cup, and you knew that most of the viewers are Hibs fans you'd talk about the Hibs game the night before.

ekhibee
13-06-2010, 01:49 PM

Excellent points there. It's always the same when the WC comes round, it's as if we have no interest in Brazil,Spain,Argentina etc when there is an English connection, however tenuous that is. So it'll be 'so and so from Wolverhampton Wanderers is on the ball now' but otherwise they seem to know virtually bugger all about him, and very probably don't care.

Bayern Bru
13-06-2010, 01:54 PM
I'm sure in Spain they'll talk about Spain, in Italy they'll talk about Italy etc etc...you can't moan about them talking about England when the game directly affects the country. Whether we like it or not we live in the UNITED KINGDOM of which only one country is in the WC, England, therefore they'll talk about just that.

If Albion Rovers were playing Annan and the next game for either team was Hibs in the cup, and you knew that most of the viewers are Hibs fans you'd talk about the Hibs game the night before.

Having watched European Championships/World Cups in a variety of different countries, it's not actually as saturated with discussion about the "home" team, in many situations. The media obsession with the constant references to 1966 and the arrogant assumption that they're going to win it every year has just become a bit too much to take. Even if they're not directly affected, England still seem to be the focus of attention which riles me somewhat.

I can sort of what you're saying, and whilst I mentioned today's game in response to the person slating the pundits, I know that it'd be normal to mention England given the upcoming ties etc. I'm just heartily sick of the media circus and the expectations that the whole British isles should support them.

Bayern Bru
13-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Excellent points there. It's always the same when the WC comes round, it's as if we have no interest in Brazil,Spain,Argentina etc when there is an English connection, however tenuous that is. So it'll be 'so and so from Wolverhampton Wanderers is on the ball now' but otherwise they seem to know virtually bugger all about him, and very probably don't care.

Happened in the Slovenia game. :agree: I mean, I can perhaps see the sense in talking about the players you know but surely a little research wouldn't go amiss?

Hibs90
13-06-2010, 02:03 PM
I usually hate them too but Linekar opening the show with...''Steven Gerrard states that him and the rest of the team are behind Robert Green, which in retrospect seems a good place to stand...!''

Thought that was brilliant!

He stole that off Sickipedia. (warning; wouldn't go on the site if you are easily offended though.)

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2010, 04:01 PM

I think, on the whole, your UK example is a good one. It's only right that the TV covers home nations in the World Cup.

I think they should consider, though, that - as you say - there are four countries in the UK. It doesn't follow that the other three have the same level of interest in England, as the English do.

Some of us want to know about the entire world cup, what is developing with all the teams. Dedicating so much coverage to England prevents this, and that is what irritates me.

It's natural English pundits should be enthusiastic about their home country. At the same time as stakeholders (ITV) and licence payers (BBC) we have a right to a degree of balance in the coverage.

Barney McGrew
13-06-2010, 04:29 PM

While Lawrenson is very guilty of that, Hansen isn't. I think it's one of the great urban myths that he refers to them as 'us and 'we'. He was spot on with his criticisms of the Ingerlund team last night, and doesn't miss them.

I can remember them showing footage from one of the last championships they were in from inside their studio when England scored druing the game. Lineker, Shearer and Wright were all jumping around while Hansen just sat shaking his head.

heretoday
13-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I'm not crazy about the TV coverage but then I'd like to do away with commentators altogether so I'm maybe a bit extreme.

Why do they keep showing men in suits walking up and down the touchline waving their arms about?

And why all the action replays and shots of injured players writhing about in slow motion? i don't know what is real and recorded half the time!

Does it matter? Nope. It's only a game......

lapsedhibee
13-06-2010, 04:52 PM
The media obsession with the constant references to 1966 and the arrogant assumption that they're going to win it every year has just become a bit too much to take.

Blimey, what channel is that you've been watching? It's bad enough BBC and ITV assuming they're going to win it every four years, when at least it's on.

bingo70
13-06-2010, 05:12 PM
While Lawrenson is very guilty of that, Hansen isn't. I think it's one of the great urban myths that he refers to them as 'us and 'we'. He was spot on with his criticisms of the Ingerlund team last night, and doesn't miss them.

I can remember them showing footage from one of the last championships they were in from inside their studio when England scored druing the game. Lineker, Shearer and Wright were all jumping around while Hansen just sat shaking his head.

Thats up there with the "he's scottish when he loses and british when he wins" myth about Scottish sportsmen, got no time for Hansen as a pundit as i think he's patronising and is disrespectful to the smaller nations like he was today but i don't think he pretends to be English like he is often accused of.

Bayern Bru
13-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Blimey, what channel is that you've been watching? It's bad enough BBC and ITV assuming they're going to win it every four years, when at least it's on.

Every year it's on ya pedant! :greengrin

Mind you, I'm sure there are some pundits who reckon they could win it every year. :cool2:

jdships
13-06-2010, 07:40 PM

Spot on for me :thumbsup:
As for Adrian Childs he is well suited to ITV which in sports coverage terms is the "Amateur Hour"
He was found out when "presenting" MOTD2" on BBC :bye:

lapsedhibee
13-06-2010, 07:51 PM
Mind you, I'm sure there are some pundits who reckon they could win it every year. :cool2:
Engerlund have just been unlucky that all major tournaments over the last four decades have been held in even-numbered years. They've frequently had the best team in Europe/The World in odd-numbered years and would have won several times if only. :agree:

matty_f
13-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Spot on for me :thumbsup:
As for Adrian Childs he is well suited to ITV which in sports coverage terms is the "Amateur Hour"
He was found out when "presenting" MOTD2" on BBC :bye:

I actually quite liked Chiles when he was on MOTD2. I like that he doesn't take it all too seriously but obviously has a passion for the game.

Jonnyboy
13-06-2010, 09:24 PM

Oh dear oh dear Sean - Chiles has all the charisma of a bag of cement

Lineker might be annoying sometimes but he's a million times better than the inanimate object that is Adrian Chiles :wink:

Calvin
13-06-2010, 11:01 PM
I actually quite liked Chiles when he was on MOTD2. I like that he doesn't take it all too seriously but obviously has a passion for the game.

I'm with you on that one. I like Chiles and was disappointed to see him leave MOTD2, but I also like Colin Murray.

I find Chiles quite funny and like his laid back presenting style.

TRC
14-06-2010, 01:59 AM
what i hate is their utter disrespect for Germany's win tonight because the Aussies played bad, get a grip the Germans were fantastic tonight and made a not bad Aussie side look horrendous even before they went done to ten men. and chiles giles sorry can't remember the fat twats name 'oh no the Germans look good' well if you want to win world cups European championships then you need to beat these good teams, go figure. I don't understand why, even if Scotland don't get there why we can't have our own TV shows for it. anyway when's Paul Hartley signing?? rant over!

Hibbyradge
14-06-2010, 07:59 AM
what i hate is their utter disrespect for Germany's win tonight because the Aussies played bad, get a grip the Germans were fantastic tonight and made a not bad Aussie side look horrendous even before they went done to ten men.

That sounds like exactly what we say when England play. 2 legs good, 4 legs bad.

I don't understand why, even if Scotland don't get there why we can't have our own TV shows for it

http://www.rampantscotland.com/know/graphics/bosfivef2.jpg

when's Paul Hartley signing??

Why are you so interested in the Yams squad? :wink:

Holmesdale Hibs
14-06-2010, 08:29 AM
I find the BBC are generally very good and a lot better than ITV. Adrian Chilles style of presentation really grates but its all about opinions…

Every World Cup I always find more Scottish people moaning about the media going on about 1966 than examples of the media actually doing it. Although I’m indifferent to whether England win, I would rather see an interview with Steven Gerrard than hear about the history of Slovenian football. I’m sure the vast majority of licence payers would feel the same.

The example of Hibs in a cup with Annan and Albion Rovers is a good one. If Scotland ever qualify for a World Cup lets not pretended it would be any different, or that we would want it to be.

heretoday
14-06-2010, 11:32 AM
I am trying not to watch the TV pundits at all but listen to radio instead. Unfortunately, this has meant encountering Robbie Savage who has been embraced by the Beeb like a wayward son. "He's edgy, he's controversial, the one and only etc etc"

Listening to him I am starting to understand why he was so unpopular as a player. He cannot resist nastily attacking someone who disagrees with him.

Best radio moment so far was the interview with Sir Geoff Hurst in which he confessed he couldn't pronounce Vuvuzela. He calls it Uwe Seeler (legendary German striker)!
Get out of the 60s Geoff!

Dunbar Hibee
14-06-2010, 02:50 PM
The ITV have been 10x better than the BBC so far imo. All Linekar and co do is ****in moan!

ekhibee
14-06-2010, 04:36 PM
I find the BBC are generally very good and a lot better than ITV. Adrian Chilles style of presentation really grates but its all about opinions…

Every World Cup I always find more Scottish people moaning about the media going on about 1966 than examples of the media actually doing it. Although I’m indifferent to whether England win, I would rather see an interview with Steven Gerrard than hear about the history of Slovenian football. I’m sure the vast majority of licence payers would feel the same.

The example of Hibs in a cup with Annan and Albion Rovers is a good one. If Scotland ever qualify for a World Cup lets not pretended it would be any different, or that we would want it to be.
Although I can see where you're coming from, because this is the WORLD Cup, I would have absolutely no problem watching a small piece about the history of Slovenian football, as opposed to yet another interview with Gerrard. In some ways the Scots are as bad as the English mediawise when covering these events, they often focus on some really trivial insignificant nonsense, justified because it applies to one of the home nations,usually England. Maybe an example of this would be when we were playing Morocco, when all the focus was on Scotland, one or 2 sentences here and there about Morocco, and then they humped us. Although it's unlikely to happen, I'd love to see Slovenia qualify instead of England, and then watch all these commentators like Hanson,Laurenson and Shearer frantically scouring their laptops to find out more about another country outside the 'big teams'.

heidtheba
14-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I think, on the whole, your UK example is a good one. It's only right that the TV covers home nations in the World Cup.

I think they should consider, though, that - as you say - there are four countries in the UK. It doesn't follow that the other three have the same level of interest in England, as the English do.

Some of us want to know about the entire world cup, what is developing with all the teams. Dedicating so much coverage to England prevents this, and that is what irritates me.

It's natural English pundits should be enthusiastic about their home country. At the same time as stakeholders (ITV) and licence payers (BBC) we have a right to a degree of balance in the coverage.

In fact isn't it much more of a difference? Its not that the other Home Nations may be less interested, its possibly that they may be actively against England?

An example, if you will, lets say the Edinburgh Broadcasting Company showed a competition involving all the Scottish teams. I may be disinterested in Aberdeen, Dundee Utd or Kilmarnock but, as a Hibby, I'm going to be really hacked off with stuff on Hearts. The closer they are, if they aren't "your/our" team then the more you will probably dislike them.

Hibee-Bongo
14-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Think some people need to grow up a bit. The vast amount of viewers will be English and want to here about the England team. Hansen and Lawrenson are normally pretty spot on with their analysis, miles better than ITV's constant ad breaks.

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Think some people need to grow up a bit. The vast amount of viewers will be English and want to here about the England team. Hansen and Lawrenson are normally pretty spot on with their analysis, miles better than ITV's constant ad breaks.

Then they should stop pretending they are national broadcasters.

matty_f
15-06-2010, 12:02 PM

Do they not broadcast nationwide? :dunno:

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Probably globally, why do you ask?

MountcastleHibs
15-06-2010, 01:54 PM
They reached a new height of arrogance today when Gary Lineker said very sarcastically to Hansen and Dixon 'I don't know why you would be at Royal Ascot rather than watching New Zealand v Slovakia'. Wonder if that would be the case if England were playing you complete fuds.

Give me ITV's coverage anyday ahead of those tools.

sesoim
15-06-2010, 03:54 PM

:agree: Agree with above. I can't stand Adrian Chiles - he's a boring voiced politically correct tosser.

sesoim
15-06-2010, 03:57 PM
The ITV have been 10x better than the BBC so far imo. All Linekar and co do is ****in moan!

They say it as they see it, which is better than pretending this tournament has been great so far.

matty_f
15-06-2010, 06:01 PM

Probably globally, why do you ask?

I always had you pegged as one of the more intelligent posters on here, too.:rolleyes:

Dunbar Hibee
15-06-2010, 06:04 PM
They say it as they see it, which is better than pretending this tournament has been great so far.

Nah I don't agree. It's not been anything special yet because its the first games and nobody wants to lose, very cautious. This does not give the right to Lineker Hansen etc to sit and moan and be disrespectful about the smaller countries. Just my opinion of course.

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2010, 07:27 AM
I always had you pegged as one of the more intelligent posters on here, too.:rolleyes:

You could at least have answered my question! Now I have to make assumptions about what your point was.

Yes they broadcast nationwide. Which is exactly the point that has been made by those criticising the broadcasters for their pro England bias. If they only broadcast to England it would be OK, but there are other viewers in the UK who are not interested solely in England.

It's for broadcasters to serve the demand of their viewers. I am not telling the English how they should watch the world cup, I'm making suggestions on how we can get round this problem - namely a Scottish opt out.

I also thihk you are confusing intelligence with gob*****. :wink:

matty_f
16-06-2010, 09:18 AM
You could at least have answered my question! Now I have to make assumptions about what your point was.

Yes they broadcast nationwide. Which is exactly the point that has been made by those criticising the broadcasters for their pro England bias. If they only broadcast to England it would be OK, but there are other viewers in the UK who are not interested solely in England.

It's for broadcasters to serve the demand of their viewers. I am not telling the English how they should watch the world cup, I'm making suggestions on how we can get round this problem - namely a Scottish opt out.

I also thihk you are confusing intelligence with gob*****. :wink:

To answer the question then, ya gob***** :greengrin when you said they should stop pretending to be national broadcasters, my question that followed was to establish that they're not pretending to be national broadcasters, as they are literally that.

Anyway, I can think of far better uses of the licence fee than getting Rob McLean or Dougie f*****g Vipond to present a separate programme.

Speedway
16-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Adrian Chiles shows ugly, fat 'last pick in the playground' kids everywhere that they too can grow up to be papped off a top BBC show, go to ITV to try and present a football game whilst being contantly unable to multitask in order to talk AND listen to what's being said in the earpiece at the same time.

Phil D. Rolls
16-06-2010, 09:57 AM
To answer the question then, ya gob***** :greengrin when you said they should stop pretending to be national broadcasters, my question that followed was to establish that they're not pretending to be national broadcasters, as they are literally that.

Anyway, I can think of far better uses of the licence fee than getting Rob McLean or Dougie f*****g Vipond to present a separate programme.

As usual, I don't think things through. :boo hoo:

LHWM
16-06-2010, 09:38 PM
The greatest Scottish football broadcaster (http://www.londonhearts.com/archive/bob.mp3)

Jonnyboy
16-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Adrian Chiles shows ugly, fat 'last pick in the playground' kids everywhere that they too can grow up to be papped off a top BBC show, go to ITV to try and present a football game whilst being contantly unable to multitask in order to talk AND listen to what's being said in the earpiece at the same time.

:faf: :top marks for total accuracy in your summing up :thumbsup:

booshsutton
17-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Did anyone see Danny Baker briefly on the BBC coverage tonight? I thought he was a breath of fresh air with his opinions on the game and how France would definately qualify for the next round. Let's have more Baker and less of the other numpties... although I think the BBC's three they had tonight were pretty good in Woy Hodgsen, Clarence Seedorf and Alan Shearer.... some of the old guard seem to drag the quality down

Hainan Hibs
17-06-2010, 11:27 PM

I'd rather have big Dougie Vipond than the set of smug gits they have on the BBC for the World Cup. McLean would be a step too far though:greengrin

snooky
17-06-2010, 11:36 PM
How embarassing was Alan Shearer's 'walk-through' and talking to the 'poor' people of South Africa? He's out of his depths talking about football - and that's his trade, FFS!
Wrong guy in the wrong place. :embarrass

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 08:44 AM
I'd rather have big Dougie Vipond than the set of smug gits they have on the BBC for the World Cup. McLean would be a step too far though:greengrin

Not to mention Murder MacLeod:

Vipond: Well France really don't have their problems to seek Murdo.
Murdo: That's right they certainly don't have their problems to seek , France.
Vipond: Turning to other games now, how do you think England will fare tonight?
Murdo: Well, it's a case of how well they play, but I think they will fare as well as ever.
Vipond: Anything else to say Murdo?
Murdo: Where's my cheque?

hstn747
18-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Not to mention Murder MacLeod:

Vipond: Well France really don't have their problems to seek Murdo.
Murdo: That's right they certainly don't have their problems to seek , France.
Vipond: Turning to other games now, how do you think England will fare tonight?
Murdo: Well, it's a case of how well they play, but I think they will fare as well as ever.
Vipond: Anything else to say Murdo?
Murdo: Where's my cheque?

Murdo MacLeod really is just about the worst one that BBC Scotland employ. On sportscene when they show a clip of a game and he is supposed to provide some comment, the best he ever manages is to describe exactly what he is watching.

"Well, the ball is crossed in and he gets his head on it and it goes past the keeper into the net. It's a goal."

Surely he's just taking the pish - trying to see what he can get away with yet still be employed as a pundit.

Or perhaps it's just jobs for the boys and Murdo is translating for the visually impared.

And just while I'm on a rant, Chick Young is completely incapable of asking a probing question. He clearly thinks he's pals with all the managers and only ever asks questions that allow the managers/players to state the bl**dy obvious.

"So Walter/Neil/Jimmy....., you'll be disappointed/pleased with that loss/win?" - He's no Paxman.

Generally though, I think Radio Scotland's coverage is excellent.

RoslinInstHibby
18-06-2010, 09:17 AM
Did anyone see Danny Baker briefly on the BBC coverage tonight? I thought he was a breath of fresh air with his opinions on the game and how France would definately qualify for the next round. Let's have more Baker and less of the other numpties... although I think the BBC's three they had tonight were pretty good in Woy Hodgsen, Clarence Seedorf and Alan Shearer.... some of the old guard seem to drag the quality down

thought Hodgson was excellent, very articulate. Seedorf is pretty decent too, shame that Shearer was there really

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Or perhaps it's just jobs for the boys and Murdo is translating for the visually impared.

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 09:34 AM
thought Hodgson was excellent, very articulate. Seedorf is pretty decent too, shame that Shearer was there really

Really enjoying what Seedorf has to say. He actually knows quite a lot of the players and is articulate, without ever resorting to sarcasm.

The MOTD regulars are behaving like silly schoolboys. I actually found their attitude about covering the New Zealand/Slovakia match disgusting. They were saying how bored they were - well there's an easy solution to that lads.

Fair play to the highlights programme, it's hardly cutting edge, but at least you get the impression they're enjoying themselves.

Shearer's shelf life is surely shortening?

RoslinInstHibby
18-06-2010, 10:03 AM
Really enjoying what Seedorf has to say. He actually knows quite a lot of the players and is articulate, without ever resorting to sarcasm.

The MOTD regulars are behaving like silly schoolboys. I actually found their attitude about covering the New Zealand/Slovakia match disgusting. They were saying how bored they were - well there's an easy solution to that lads.

Fair play to the highlights programme, it's hardly cutting edge, but at least you get the impression they're enjoying themselves.

Shearer's shelf life is surely shortening?

:agree: yep agree with all of that, Klinsman is pretty good too, how good was his wee dig the other day there about 44 years:greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
18-06-2010, 10:44 AM
:agree: yep agree with all of that, Klinsman is pretty good too, how good was his wee dig the other day there about 44 years:greengrin

Be interesting to see how long the English "bonhomie" lasts once things go t*ts up for their team. Always like a laugh when they're winning.

By the way, Im surprised nobody has mentioned Maradona's goal against them in 1986. :rolleyes:

LHWM
18-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Murdo MacLeod really is just about the worst one that BBC Scotland employ. On sportscene when they show a clip of a game and he is supposed to provide some comment, the best he ever manages is to describe exactly what he is watching.

"Well, the ball is crossed in and he gets his head on it and it goes past the keeper into the net. It's a goal."

Do you remember the game vs Brazil where He got the head knock? He wasn't taken off immediately and did a really good defensive header of the bar from a corner.

Interviewed afterwards He was praised for the header. His reply,
"I was confused and I thought I was at the other end and was trying to score!" :confused:

Kevvy1875
18-06-2010, 07:37 PM
You gotta love the english media....starting to round on Fabio Cappello now.

Last week he was 'Fabio' now he is 'Cappello'

C'mon Algeria...this would be toooooooo funny.

Part/Time Supporter
19-06-2010, 09:44 AM
You gotta love the english media....starting to round on Fabio Cappello now.

Last week he was 'Fabio' now he is 'Cappello'

C'mon Algeria...this would be toooooooo funny.

Curious, that's the precise opposite of Jambos. When they don't like Romanov, it's Vlad this and Vlad that. When they were in the honeymoon phase with him, it was "Mr. Romanov" all the way.

I wonder what explains these social nuances?

hibiedude
19-06-2010, 10:53 AM

F@NNIES!

That Pigeon on top of the Algerian net last night has more sence that those 3