PDA

View Full Version : American Troops in Afghanistan Flying St Andrews Cross

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Just shown at half time on ABC in the USA. Going mental at equalizer with Scottish flag draped in the background.

Should have read 'in' Afghanistan.

NORTHERNHIBBY
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
see the sodjer at the front mouthing FFS?
pricelss.

Frazerbob
12-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Just shown at half time on ABC in the USA. Going mental at equalizer with Scottish flag draped in the background.

Should have read 'in' Afghanistan.

Pretty sure there would have been some Scots amonst the British soldiers.

monktonharp
13-06-2010, 12:01 AM
Pretty sure there would have been some Scots amonst the British soldiers. Scottish sojers,among the British? surely not:yawn: not exactly how it was put across the other day,by our Prime Minister in Helmand Provence,but there you go. he told a''body that he was not in chjarge of the country for the next three weeks,that was all down to some Italian gent.:rolleyes:

monktonharp
13-06-2010, 12:06 AM

Should have read 'in' Afghanistan.it was also good to see a Rangers /Union Flag at the English end when they scored.after all, we were all born under it:cool2:and yes,it did say Rangers:bitchy:

Frazerbob
13-06-2010, 12:41 AM
it was also good to see a Rangers /Union Flag at the English end when they scored.after all, we were all born under it:cool2:and yes,it did say Rangers:bitchy:

Also rather amusing to see a large Saltire being waved in the faces of the Ingerlund players from above the tunnel as they trapsed off at half time.

Titch
13-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Pretty sure there would have been some Scots amonst the British soldiers.

:agree: my vehicle has a saltire and a lion rampant flying from the radio antennas

GLORY GLORY

Jack
13-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm sure they said that the USA sub was Aberdeen born with mixed parentage - aye one was male and the other female!

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2010, 10:33 AM
I'm sure they said that the USA sub was Aberdeen born with mixed parentage - aye one was male and the other female!

Yes, but which species?