not surprised, has the potential to be one of the worst games of the tournament

Or one of the best

at the WC every stadium should be full IMO

Hibs90
12-06-2010, 11:37 AM
1-0 Korea from a corner.

Hibs90
12-06-2010, 11:53 AM
Greece cannae defend, Samaras is a donkey etc..

MacTheRat
12-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Hate those horns!

down-the-slope
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
How empty is the stadium :bitchy:

real shame and also disputes that tourny is including the poor...could have given away tickets to kids

one thing about England getting 2018 would be you would not see a spare seat anywhere

Sylar
12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
South Korea are tearing the Greeks to pieces.

Brilliant! :thumbsup:

bingo70
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
real shame and also disputes that tourny is including the poor...could have given away tickets to kids

one thing about England getting 2018 would be you would not see a spare seat anywhere

Loads of stadiums were empty at Euro '96 and i don't think that the fact there were teams from further away would have improved the crowds that much.

Remember one game in particular at st james park involving Bulgaria i think that had an embarrasingly poor crowd.

Hibeebob
12-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Greece are really poor, sk could be out of sight.

Am I right in thinking this is basically the Greece side that won the euros with a few changes?

Really crap. Scotland are a way better side than this lot.

down-the-slope
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Loads of stadiums were empty at Euro '96 and i don't think that the fact there were teams from further away would have improved the crowds that much.

Remember one game in particular at st james park involving Bulgaria i think that had an embarrasingly poor crowd.

Hhmm don't remember that...but i bow to your better memory...i know ticketing / corporate seats etc is difficult but with moderm technology it should be possible to ensure full stadia...hope it does not continue..plenty spaces in France match too (but nothing like this

On another subject..I have mi Brownings 'Killie Pie' (courtesy of Aldi) in the oven for half time proper grub :greengrin

bingo70
12-06-2010, 12:07 PM
Greece are really poor, sk could be out of sight.

Am I right in thinking this is basically the Greece side that won the euros wi tha a few changes?

Really crap. Scotland are a way better side than this lot.

Think the big changes are at the back though and thats where Greece were so strong when they won the euros, they had Dellas and Kyrgiakos before he got old and pish.

They'll have benefited from a higher seeding because of that tournament so i imagine there qualifying group would have been relatively easy, although in fairness we couldn't have asked for a much better group excluding holland of course so we can't really grumble about not being there

Woody1985
12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I think you're right, I read in the EEN WC guide thing that no players are missing from Greece and that practically all the players are the same. There was a quip that the Greek players from that team have to be carried out the squad in a box!

Cmon Greece, I need one goal from them to secure some cans for tonights games. :greengrin

Sylar
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Can't say I'm going to regret leaving at half time.

Off to St Andrews to get a seat in one of the nicer pubs to settle in and watch the Argentina vs Nigeria game, before cheering the boys on against England.

Good day ahead hopefully, regardless of the scores :thumbsup:

CallumLaidlaw
12-06-2010, 12:10 PM
not surprised, has the potential to be one of the worst games of the tournament

Its these sorts of games that end up being excellent. Its already 10 times better than that p!sh from France last night.

Hibernian Verse
12-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Some of SKs passing is excellent, Greece's on the other hand is about as good as their financial situation.

MacTheRat
12-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Samaras is really committed..................aye right.:bitchy:

down-the-slope
12-06-2010, 12:14 PM
On another subject..I have mi Brownings 'Killie Pie' (courtesy of Aldi) in the oven for half time proper grub :greengrin

Edit....i'm a part timer..left for the kitchen before half time to avoid the Queue....:thumbsup: totally fantastic.....why do we have to suffer dog food at ER :grr::grr: Petrie...get it sorted

Hibs90
12-06-2010, 12:25 PM
Quote in paper: 'South African team have to go out and prove they are men today'

Makes a change from their runners trying to prove they are women.

MacTheRat
12-06-2010, 12:29 PM
Quote in paper: 'South African team have to go out and prove they are men today'

Makes a change from their runners trying to prove they are women.

Ohh, I say, steady on.

SteveHFC
12-06-2010, 12:38 PM
2-0 South Korea:thumbsup:

hibiedude
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
3rd game into the world cup and every spare minute the pundits get at half time on both ITV and the BBC we hear about Englands preparations

Give It Rest FFS

YehButNoBut
12-06-2010, 12:42 PM
Samaras is really committed..................aye right.:bitchy:

He is woeful. :agree:

HUTCHYHIBBY
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM
This is a Greek tragedy. At the end of the game they will still be looking for their 1st WC Goal!

Storar
12-06-2010, 12:59 PM
The poor attendacnce is more down to the location of the Stadium than the actual game. Port Elizabeth is quite a hard game to get to because there aren't many flights there from Joburg/Cape Town etc and it's not a really busy city either like the other 2 where most fans will be staying. It's also around a 10 hour drive from the big cities. There are still thousands of tickets left for the games there including the quarter finals and 3rd place play off!
It's a bit like Scotland hosting a World Cup game in Okney or something!

ekhibee
12-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Don't know where Okney is some couldn't comment on that, but at least we all know now that Greece look really pish. not sure how good South Korea are, Argentina will stuff Greece and I reckon Nigeria will beat them as well, so time will tell. Even now it still grates on me how South Korea were given every decision going when the WC was in their own country, particularly against Spain and Italy.