PDA

View Full Version : T.V. Advert ?

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2010, 09:26 AM
With Hibs past record of being at the forefront of innovation in all things football related would it be a daft idea for the club to put an advert on the telly for a few weeks.

Though there is an argument that we get TV exposure anyway, that exposure does not extend to actively encouraging folk to come to ER to watch football.

I was thinking along the lines of sweeping panoramic shots of the completed stadium taken from the air and clips of the team in action. With the right shots and the right music you can make any team look like Brazil for a few moments.

The blurb to go with the pictures could be aimed at the casual ( not that sort of casual ) fan who perhaps is a part time OF fan or doesnt really have a club, but goes to the odd game now and again. Not to mention kids who could be influenced to press their parents to take them along to ER.

TV ads are expensive and it could be argued that everybody knows who Hibs are anyway.

But then everybody knows who Coca Cola are but it doesnt stop them from spending hundreds of millions on advertising every year.

:rolleyes:

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2010, 09:35 AM
Been there. Done it. Buried the T shirt under the new East Stand.

:greengrin

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Been there. Done it. Buried the T shirt under the new East Stand.

:greengrin

The only TV ad I am aware of was the one to back up the share issue.

If we have done a come and support Hibs type ad in the past I dont know about it. Probably cause it was shown on STV which we dont get in the Borders.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2010, 10:07 AM
The only TV ad I am aware of was the one to back up the share issue.

If we have done a come and support Hibs type ad in the past I dont know about it. Probably cause it was shown on STV which we dont get in the Borders.

That's the one I am probably thinking of. The one with Gary Dennis on the bench?

Steve-O
12-06-2010, 10:41 AM
They should advertise before films in the cinema :agree: