PDA

View Full Version : NHC Uruguay

Hiber-nation
11-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Surely its time FIFA banned this lot from participating in another World Cup Finals. They've been boring us all to death, not to mention kicking lumps out of the opposition for over 50 years and have contributed ****all to the beautiful game. :grr:

Next in the firing line will be Switzerland and Paraguay but the jury is out on that pair for the moment....

Sir David Gray
11-06-2010, 08:51 PM
Surely its time FIFA banned this lot from participating in another World Cup Finals. They've been boring us all to death, not to mention kicking lumps out of the opposition for over 50 years and have contributed ****all to the beautiful game. :grr:

Next in the firing line will be Switzerland and Paraguay but the jury is out on that pair for the moment....

Apart from winning it twice. :wink:

Hiber-nation
11-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Apart from winning it twice. :wink:

That was more than 50 years ago :wink:

They probably bored everyone to death then as well.

jdships
11-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Did France turn up for this game ?
One big yawn IMO

:yawn:

Hiber-nation
11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Did France turn up for this game ?
One big yawn IMO

:yawn:

I canny be ersed with France either but at least they've given us some cracking football in the past!!

Barney McGrew
11-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Every foul Uruguay got in the second half was invariably followed by them chasing the referee waving imaginary cards trying to get the french players booked.

I hate teams that do that :grr:

hibsbollah
11-06-2010, 09:05 PM
:confused:

Don't get this at all. Uruguay werent that cynical, they never cheated that much, they never moaned that much, and they had the only forward on the pitch that looked like he was capable of scoring (Forlan).

France, on the other hand, were woeful. Domenech:rolleyes:

Hiber-nation
11-06-2010, 09:11 PM

Don't get this at all. Uruguay werent that cynical, they never cheated that much, they never moaned that much, and they had the only forward on the pitch that looked like he was capable of scoring (Forlan).

Aye they didnae cheat and dive much tonight but its a culmination of 50 odd years of complete and utter negativity and all the cynical stuff that goes with it. No country in the World have contributed less. France are pretty clueless, with a complete erse of a manager.

Anyway I just fancied a rant, probably the first thread I've started on the main board for at least 5 years :greengrin

The Silver Fox
11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Forlan did look sharp but the other forward was garbage. Uruguay rae pretty negative but France will be disappointed not to have pout on a better performance. I would not fancy either team to have much say in who wins the tournament.

MacTheRat
11-06-2010, 09:16 PM
I thought when Henry came on he might have put some fizz into the French attack but he seemed under motivated to me.

I do hope Alan Hansen manages to have an exciting game to analyse some day, as his non animated discussion style really bores. Oh and I trust he will not refer to England as us or we.:grr:

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-06-2010, 09:17 PM

It's up to others to combat this type of football. If you take your point to its' logical conclusion then Inter Milan should get stripped of the European Cup and Der Hun should not have been allowed to contest the UEFA Cup Final a few years back....and....and....and, we should have been expelled from the league the minute that Bertie Auld was given the managers job.

Peevemor
11-06-2010, 09:18 PM
I thought when Henry came on he might have put some fizz into the French attack but he seemed under motivated to me.

I do hope Alan Hansen manages to have an exciting game to analyse some day, as his non animated discussion style really bores. Oh and I trust he will not refer to England as us or we.:grr:

I thought Cissé would have been a better choice.

The Silver Fox
11-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Forlan did look sharp but the other forward was garbage. Uruguay rae pretty negative but France will be disappointed not to have pout on a better performance. I would not fancy either team to have much say in who wins the tournament.

Woody1985
11-06-2010, 09:28 PM
Did anyone else love the irony when Henry tried to claim for that handball. :faf:

RickyS
11-06-2010, 09:40 PM

if Uruguay were an SPL team, they would be???????????????

clue: think pink:hnet:

Hiber-nation
11-06-2010, 09:43 PM

:greengrin

I was thinking that but maybe engerlund are herts (local rivals and aw that) and Uruguay are Airdire :greengrin

greenlex
11-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Ribery was sooooooooo disappointing.

Banter
11-06-2010, 10:33 PM

I thought Cissé would have been a better choice.

Guys a tool. Benzema should have started never mind being left in Spain.

Mind you old domo's out a job after the World cup - a manager who makes poor team selections and has public disagreements with the players. Would make a fine Hibs manager one day.:cool2:

marinello59
11-06-2010, 10:57 PM
:
Henry sums up the whole French team for me. A star who can still shine but fades quickly. Quarter finalists at best.

Haymaker
12-06-2010, 12:22 AM
While a boring match, I thought both teams were quite physical and France were guilty of some dirty challenges - Toulanan (sp?) especially when he was booked.

What was nice to see was some meaty challenges from both sides that neither went down for. I have seen people fall over for less than some of the tackles put in tonight.

In the end, Ribery was shocking with his final ball, Anelka hardly got a sniff, Govou was pish and Malouda should have started.

IWasThere2016
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Both very pash, and Engerland are likely to meet one of them if they get oot the groups! :grr:

Green_one
12-06-2010, 05:57 AM
Forlan looked good but Ribery is way over rated.

The early games are always like this. I bet about half are draws

Did anyone see How to win the World Cup. The penalty stats were interesting. Best not to go second and avoid an older midfield left footed player taking it. Oh and English:greengrin

crash
12-06-2010, 06:16 AM

:agree: I remember, in 1986 co-incidentally, the president of the SFA describing them as " the **** of world football".

Hibernia Na Eir
12-06-2010, 06:37 AM
nevermind them. FIFA should have banned France and "ONREE"

BIG TIME cheats:agree:

Hiber-nation
12-06-2010, 07:36 AM
It's up to others to combat this type of football. If you take your point to its' logical conclusion then Inter Milan should get stripped of the European Cup and Der Hun should not have been allowed to contest the UEFA Cup Final a few years back....and....and....and, we should have been expelled from the league the minute that Bertie Auld was given the managers job.

I was only having a rant. I'd love it if they beat Engerlund.

we are hibs
12-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Apart from winning it twice.:wink:

more times than england:wink:

Brooster
12-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I agree with you Vally. In the 2nd half when Uruguay were under the cosh they were taking 20 seconds to take a throw in!! They were getting on my tits. Saying that if France had a decent manager they would be humping teams like that.

Hiber-nation
12-06-2010, 08:00 AM
I agree with you Vally. In the 2nd half when Uruguay were under the cosh they were taking 20 seconds to take a throw in!! They were getting on my tits. Saying that if France had a decent manager they would be humping teams like that.

Correct S. I think Mexico should win the group now.

KeithTheHibby
12-06-2010, 08:18 AM

Not sure what we have contributed to the World Cup except elimintation, failure to qualify and 'the greatest fans in the world'.

NAE NOOKIE
12-06-2010, 08:19 AM
After the first two matches its easy to see that none of the teams involved in them will be a bother to the guy who engraves the trophy.

Brazil, Argentina, Spain probably favourites, with Holland and I suppose Engerland good outside bets.

Italy too auld ( watch me proved wrong ) Germany just aint good enough and France too disjointed to win it.

Mind you Engerland couldnt even win the penalty shoot out in that charity match the other night.

On that note, is it just me or did Brian Lara look like if he had taken up football instead of cricket he could have been a class player in the Russell Latapy mode, even moved like him a wee bit.

bingo70
12-06-2010, 08:25 AM
After the first two matches its easy to see that none of the teams involved in them will be a bother to the guy who engraves the trophy.

Brazil, Argentina, Spain probably favourites, with Holland and I suppose Engerland good outside bets.

Italy too auld ( watch me proved wrong ) Germany just aint good enough and France too disjointed to win it.

Mind you Engerland couldnt even win the penalty shoot out in that charity match the other night.

On that note, is it just me or did Brian Lara look like if he had taken up football instead of cricket he could have been a class player in the Russell Latapy mode, even moved like him a wee bit.

How many times has that been said about Germany before? IMO they're always likely to be there or there about as they've got the mentality that helps them win one off games when it really matters, fancy serbia to win that group though.

As for France, despite how poor they were last night and have been in the qualifiers and build up i wouldn't go righting them off just yet, if they can get through the group stages they'll come up against teams that will come at them a bit more which will give them space to exploit and player for player they're as good as most, i just think they struggle to beat teams that pack the defence. They're a bit like Germany as well now, they know what it takes to win the big games when it really matters.

Hiber-nation
12-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Not sure what we have contributed to the World Cup except elimintation, failure to qualify and 'the greatest fans in the world'.

Well certainly not 50+ years of continual negativity and foul play. We've had a rollercoaster ride, admittedly of failure to qualify but there's been great goals and great fitba on the way, not like that bunch of cynical cheatin divin bassas.

CropleyWasGod
12-06-2010, 09:27 AM

Well certainly not 50+ years of continual negativity and foul play. We've had a rollercoaster ride, admittedly of failure to qualify but there's been great goals and great fitba on the way, not like that bunch of cynical cheatin divin bassas.

... we talking about Germany? :wink:

steakbake
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
nevermind them. FIFA should have banned France and "ONREE"

BIG TIME cheats:agree:

Definitely. Very pleased they didn't get the "penalty" for a handball. I'm supporting anyone who plays France.

Standard of refereeing and decisions have been top notch so far. Hope nobody gets away with anything.

Hiber-nation
12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
... we talking about Germany? :wink:

Aye and they can GTF as well :greengrin

ChrissyG1875
12-06-2010, 12:06 PM
Allez les bleus!
Allez les bleus!

:sauzee::sauzee::sauzee::sauzee:

GhostofBolivar
12-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Some people might say that Uruguay are a team of dirty, cheating *******s and - as someone who remembers '86 - I'd be one of them.