PDA

View Full Version : NHC Commentators

HibeeMG
11-06-2010, 06:54 PM
If you're like me, there will be times when you'll want to boot the telly because of some ******** commentator.

If one of them says something you take particular offense at then add it here.

I'll start:

Mark Bright saying the South Africa goal was because the keeper left too much of the goal open. Then proceeded to say the Mexico goal was a great finish when it was a slice!!!

Cock!

Pretty Boy
11-06-2010, 06:57 PM
Mark Lawrenson saying the Irish shouldn't feel angry at Henry as there was no guarantee they would have won a penalty shoot out if he hadn't cheated.

At least they would have had the chance you pr1ck.

Sumner
11-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Mark Lawrenson sucks very big things.

Hibercelona
11-06-2010, 07:10 PM
"which takes me back to 1966...."

They haven't mentioned it yet, but i'm sure they will sneak it in there somewhere. :grr:

ArabHibee
11-06-2010, 07:13 PM
Mark Lawrenson sucks very big things.

Are you talking from personal experience?

Cool_Hand_Luke
11-06-2010, 07:15 PM
Mark Lawrenson..every time he opens his gob.

Is there any other channels that are showing the games...the vuvuzelas are more appealing than listening to his drivel :agree:

Hibby D
11-06-2010, 07:36 PM
I'm watching the match in France in French. Bliss :greengrin:

MyJo
11-06-2010, 07:58 PM
20 minutes into the second game of the tournament the discussion turns to a France v England quarter final :grr::grr:

sixtwo
11-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Suarez takes an elbow hard to the cheek and rightly goes down.

lawro: He went down a bit easy there!

What a dick!

For a man that has played at the highest level he displays as much knowledge of the game as my theatre loving missus!

add to that he is the most miserable, condescending and sarcastic ******* ever, you have the perfect recipe for the worst analyst / co-commentator ever!!!!

he is not fit to wear a tasche!

Sumner
11-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Are you talking from personal experience?

yeah, yo mama told me. :wink:

Sumner
11-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Shearer is dish-water dull too.

The Spud-peddlar Lineker is a turd
that only his mother could love.

Phil D. Rolls
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I can't take four weeks of Hansen and Linneker, not to mention Shearer when he comes on. I can only hope ITV put on some interesting pundits.

ArabHibee
11-06-2010, 08:50 PM
yeah, yo mama told me. :wink:

That makes no sense.

My mum told you about a personal experience you had with Mark Lawrenson?

You trying to wipe it from your memory or something?

vahibbie
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Ally McCoist was commentating on ESPN in America.
A wee HUN *****e but at least he wasn't slavering too much....and the accent's no bad.

Hiber-nation
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM
If you're like me, there will be times when you'll want to boot the telly because of some ******** commentator.

If one of them says something you take particular offense at then add it here.

I'll start:

Mark Bright saying the South Africa goal was because the keeper left too much of the goal open. Then proceeded to say the Mexico goal was a great finish when it was a slice!!!

Cock!

Mark Bright is the worst I've ever heard. He would criticise any goal. That comment about the keeper was particularly ridiculous today and we've got another month of this erse to go. ITV won hands down today.

Hainan Hibs
11-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Cannot stand Lawrenson and Hansen. Lawrenson will look and sound like he can't be arsed, as if he is bigger than the show and has better things to do. They both come across as complete smug bellends who I would not tire of slapping:grr:.

A wee rant there.

Sumner
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM
The Republic of Ireland international Andy Townsend is in shock at the USA scoring against Eng-er-Land, it appears to have changed him into a Cocker-nee geezer, forgeting his Irish roots. He is now going to refer to Eng-er-land as "us" and "we", oh Andy, begorrah!

Sumner
12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Eeeeee that Mick McCarthy
were shiiite an'all like yaaah know.

MacTheRat
13-06-2010, 12:02 AM
What's Jonathan Pearce up to these days?

Hiber-nation
13-06-2010, 07:09 AM
What's Jonathan Pearce up to these days?

Think he was commentating on a game the other night for the Beeb, probably Uruguay v France.

ballengeich
13-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Yesterday evening I got a half-time e-mail from a Canadian friend. It read

"I never thought I'd say this but I hope the USA get another goal just to shut that commentator up".

Woody1985
13-06-2010, 08:17 AM
:faf: After Gerrard scored 'Ohhh, this could be fun'. Hahahaha :faf:

I thought it was funny when they never showed the USA goal until the showed England's scuffed shot a couple of times at the other end straight after. :faf:

Green # 1 :greengrin

lyonhibs
13-06-2010, 08:42 AM
Mick McCarthy is an effin' moron. Spouts absolute drivel, and I could tie my shoelaces and read the bible in the time it takes him to say a simple sentence.

Such a grim accent, I swear he must be putting it on. Complete lack of respect for Peter Odemwingie (not that hard to pronounce) when - after several comically garbled attempt to get his slavering chops around his 2nd name - he just went "ooooo errrrrrr I'll just use his shirt number"

No, no NO you ****ing idiot, you're getting paid a tidy packet to commentate on games at the World Cup, an absolute dream job. At least have the pride to learn the players names. Bill McLaren did it impeccably for 40+ years, why can't you get your finger out yer arse and do it for 4 weeks maximum.

Rant over :grr::grr::grr:

Mark Lawrenson is a turd as well, and I can just tell Lineker's coupon is going to get right on my wick in about a week's time.

Adrian Chiles is by far the most likeable presenter - not only because he's not a total arse, but because he's got a wee bbit of culture about him, speaking fluent Croatian, and actually supports a team without making a great big song and dance about it.

bingo70
13-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Bill Mclaren is widely regarded by many as the greatest or one of the greatest sports commentators ever and one of the reasons for that is he managed to remain impartial regardless of who he was commentating on, he would still be pationate and patriotic, he just wasn't a cmplete dick about it, he respected the other teams that were playing and appreciated it wasn't just Scottish fans that were listening to him.

If only some of these donkeys we're listening to at the world cup had spent 10 minutes listening to him they might not be so unbearable :grr:

Saying that, it is funny when it comes back to bite them on the erse :greengrin

TheMentalHibees
13-06-2010, 09:51 AM
The constant reference to England as "we", only getting 2 replays of Dempseys goal and about 9 of Gerrards, blaming the ball for Greens **** up..... you could go on for a while.

Funniest thing for me though was when their voices went really high after England scored, and then went really low right after USA equalised :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
13-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Adrian Chiles is by far the most likeable presenter - not only because he's not a total arse, but because he's got a wee bbit of culture about him, speaking fluent Croatian, and actually supports a team without making a great big song and dance about it.

Really, who does he support? :whistle:

lyonhibs
13-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Really, who does he support? :whistle:

Croatia and England I think.

bingo70
13-06-2010, 06:55 PM
Croatia and England I think.

He's got a book out about what it's like to be a west brom fan :wink:

No songs or dances about them though so i suppose your right :greengrin

ekhibee
13-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Mick McCarthy is an effin' moron. Spouts absolute drivel, and I could tie my shoelaces and read the bible in the time it takes him to say a simple sentence.

Such a grim accent, I swear he must be putting it on. Complete lack of respect for Peter Odemwingie (not that hard to pronounce) when - after several comically garbled attempt to get his slavering chops around his 2nd name - he just went "ooooo errrrrrr I'll just use his shirt number"

No, no NO you ****ing idiot, you're getting paid a tidy packet to commentate on games at the World Cup, an absolute dream job. At least have the pride to learn the players names. Bill McLaren did it impeccably for 40+ years, why can't you get your finger out yer arse and do it for 4 weeks maximum.

Mark Lawrenson is a turd as well, and I can just tell Lineker's coupon is going to get right on my wick in about a week's time.

:top marksBest post on the subject, totally agree with all of it.

Ed De Gramo
13-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Chris Coleman......dull dull dull :agree:

ITV coverage is p!sh.....Clive Tyldsley missing bookings, Coleman being dull, tv signal cutting out....

BBC's team offer more football knowledge but its sadly let down with the constant 'England England England' p!sh even when England aren't playing :yawn::yawn:

Gus
13-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Shearer is dish-water dull too.

The Spud-peddlar Lineker is a turd
that only his mother could love.

or maybe someone else, lucky sod

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gllnzPhlcSRt1M:http://topnews.in/files/Danielle-Bux-55656.jpg (http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://topnews.in/files/Danielle-Bux-55656.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.topnews.in/people/danielle-bux&usg=__ElOh4n1CyXqFVixg4I1nNboB49g=&h=385&w=360&sz=50&hl=en&start=1&itbs=1&tbnid=gllnzPhlcSRt1M:&tbnh=123&tbnw=115&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddanielle%2Bbux%26hl%3Den%26gbv%3D2%26 tbs%3Disch:1)

Sylar
13-06-2010, 09:57 PM
F*** me, where to start?

I lost track of the number of times I launched a verbal diatribe at the TV during the game yesterday. They simply would not give us a glimmer of credit at any point. I KNOW Dempsey was lucky to score, but FFS, we were creating chances and putting England under pressure throughout the game - not once did they say "nice movement/nice passing from the USA" - they constantly bemoaned the "abhorrent" English defending.

Claiming Robbie (Findley) took a dive when clean through on goal, only to be bundled off the ball by a hapless and speedless Carragher - it was a foul and would have been a red card (as he was the last man), but instead, it was a "dive" following "solid defending" by Carragher. I was fairly impartial throughout the game yesterday, as I am for most games I watch, but their inability to comment with some degree of balance is infuriating.

Altidore made Carragher look like he was running on sand when he went past him (where he hit the post) and the response was that Carragher must have lost focus - erm, naw, he just got torn a new asshole, nothing more.

"After watching these sides today, I can guarantee England will qualify" - Alan Shearer

"England started with a draw in 1966 and 1990..." - various

"He has a great touch for such a tall man" - whichever rim-jockey was co-commentating on the Serbian game today.

hibsbollah
13-06-2010, 10:09 PM

Agree with absolutely all of that:top marks

oh and if you want to listen to some pundits that actually know what theyre talking about...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/audio/2010/jun/13/world-cup-daily-podcast-england-usa-robert-green

Dunbar Hibee
13-06-2010, 10:34 PM
F*** me, where to start?

I lost track of the number of times I launched a verbal diatribe at the TV during the game yesterday. They simply would not give us a glimmer of credit at any point. I KNOW Dempsey was lucky to score, but FFS, we were creating chances and putting England under pressure throughout the game - not once did they say "nice movement/nice passing from the USA" - they constantly bemoaned the "abhorrent" English defending.

Claiming Robbie (Findley) took a dive when clean through on goal, only to be bundled off the ball by a hapless and speedless Carragher - it was a foul and would have been a red card (as he was the last man), but instead, it was a "dive" following "solid defending" by Carragher. I was fairly impartial throughout the game yesterday, as I am for most games I watch, but their inability to comment with some degree of balance is infuriating.

Altidore made Carragher look like he was running on sand when he went past him (where he hit the post) and the response was that Carragher must have lost focus - erm, naw, he just got torn a new asshole, nothing more.

"After watching these sides today, I can guarantee England will qualify" - Alan Shearer

"England started with a draw in 1966 and 1990..." - various

"He has a great touch for such a tall man" - whichever rim-jockey was co-commentating on the Serbian game today.

Aye, that one made me laugh :hilarious :hilarious

Hibs90
13-06-2010, 11:24 PM
Edgar Davids so cool. :cool2:

Hibercelona
14-06-2010, 12:44 AM
"England are more than capable of beating any team on that performance". :blah:

Aye... Thats why they failed to beat the US. :bye:

rainman
14-06-2010, 01:11 AM
Over here we're being treated to the thoughts of Kevin Muscat at the games. :brickwall

hibsboy90
14-06-2010, 01:57 AM
Found ABC in the carribean at the moment. Was treated to Martin Tyler and some American guy yesterday doing the commentary for the England game. Was more of a relief to find some English commentary than spanish.

The studio had the anchor, Alexi Lalas (Ex USA manager), and Ruud Gullit so was a good balance. They agreed Green's save in the second half was also poor as he should have parried it.

Today I watched the German game and once again it was Martin Tyler, and.....Ally McCoist. Was good to hear him and his take on things. Only mentioned the huns once (in reference to craig moore). Klinsmann was in the studio.

Also found that Andy Gray is giving his analysis on the Fox Soccer Network alongside warren barton. Once again good to hear.

The USA orientated coverage has been pretty good to be honest.

lyonhibs
14-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Agree with absolutely all of that:top marks

oh and if you want to listen to some pundits that actually know what theyre talking about...
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/audio/2010/jun/13/world-cup-daily-podcast-england-usa-robert-green

Ahhh James Richardson - never has a man, a copy of the Gazzetta dello Sport and a small cup of Italian coffee looked so damn cool on a Saturday morning.

God knows why the likes of him and Guillem Balague are relegated to podcasts and the such whilst Shearer and Lawro get the plum jobs.

The undercurrent of fear in the commentators voice when they realised that Germany have - once again - got their game face on when it matters, as opposed to spooning the ball into their own net - was a joy to behold.

Posh Swanny
14-06-2010, 08:58 AM
Ahhh James Richardson - never has a man, a copy of the Gazzetta dello Sport and a small cup of Italian coffee looked so damn cool on a Saturday morning.

God knows why the likes of him and Guillem Balague are relegated to podcasts and the such whilst Shearer and Lawro get the plum jobs.

The undercurrent of fear in the commentators voice when they realised that Germany have - once again - got their game face on when it matters, as opposed to spooning the ball into their own net - was a joy to behold.

The same reason why housewives from Barnsely are getting lead roles in top West End productions while highly trained actors sell the ice-creams and programmes.

Hiber-nation
14-06-2010, 09:08 AM
The thing I don't get about Lawrenson is that no-one likes him. You'd have thought that the Beeb would have twigged by now that he is a ratings loser. In fact a loser all-round.

hibsbollah
14-06-2010, 10:31 AM

Without wanting to get into 'man-love' territory, James Richardson is just cool. and funny, and knowledgeable. In fact if my wife left me for him i could have no complaints and would just wish them both well:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
14-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Mark Lawrenson just for ****in breathing. He has no interest in any game he's doing, other than england ones, all he does is take the pish out of every other team. The mans a prick.

HibeeMG
14-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Mark Lawrenson just for ****in breathing. He has no interest in any game he's doing, other than england ones, all he does is take the pish out of every other team. The mans a prick.

:agree:

Couldn't have put it better myself.

He's an arrogant, ignorant, uninteresting twat of a man.

Thank God John Motson isn't commentating with him. I really would have to use the mute button then.

jakki
14-06-2010, 07:52 PM
You all should do what I do____ mute the TV but can anybody tell me how to mute hubby who kens nothing about fitba? He's on a fortnights holiday and he's doing in ma heid already!!!:grr::grr:

blairwallace
14-06-2010, 08:34 PM
one way to settle this one
http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/homepage/

http://www.itv.com/contactus/wheretofindus/default.html :thumbsup:

booshsutton
14-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Me and my (Jambo) mate were watching the Cameroon game today, if Lawrenson had moaned about Eto'o playing on the right wing one more time the telly was going out the window...

Kevvy1875
14-06-2010, 11:48 PM
Well for my two penny's worth....may aswell:agree:

I don't hate the english but fully reserve my right to despise the circus of the english FA and their bandwagon. The 'political correct' pressure for us scots to get behind them makes me sick. Scots supporting them makes me sicker due to the afore mentioned......its weak.

I support Scotland...no one else and that it...end of story.

I admire certain teams for their qualities such as Spain for ball retention, Argentina for Flair, Germany for power and pace...etc etc...

England have no outstanding qualities I can think of and therefore I do not admire them. So I cannot even bring myself to admire them even for what they do on the pitch.

For the 'pundits'? Hansen?...Joke. Lineker...Robot. Lawrenson....Narrow minded and shallow. Mick Mcarthy..uneducated. Most of the commentators are as bad...Motson?.....falls into the robot category too.

The only one's with a tad of realism about them are Shearer and Southgate. I Reckon they know its all gonna go tits up but dont want to be the harbringers of doom at this point.

Sorry if I seem 'anti English' to anyone but its just a feeling. And it feels right.

Hibercelona
15-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Me and my (Jambo) mate were watching the Cameroon game today, if Lawrenson had moaned about Eto'o playing on the right wing one more time the telly was going out the window...

Is that after you tie him to the telly? :wink:

broonie27
15-06-2010, 03:51 AM
During the EPL season I really enjoy the beebs coverage on MoTD. Quite enjoy Linekers smug little winks, don't mind Hansen's constant berating of defenders (remember '82 vs USSR anyone) and generally agree with Lee Dixon. (Hate Lawro though, he is a complete bell-end)

However, put them all in a studio during the World Cup and I wish I could set them all on fire. The perpetual high regard of their own team and disrespect of those playing them is astonishing. However, it's always worth every second of screaming at the television when you see their faces after a penalty shoot-out. Priceless

Unfortunately I live in New Zealand now where the TV coverage is piss poor. Firstly you have buy Sky to get all the games and then when you do you are faced with such pro-England bias from commentators during the England games that you have to look out the window to remind yourself that you do live on the other side of the world after all. Shocking! There aren't even any pundits in with the commentators during matches nor is their a "team" back in the studio. At half-time you just have a different faceless voice spouting garbage while we watch pictures of the crowd! Awful, give me the BBC any day, even if it just so I can shout at the telly :wink:

sunshine1875
15-06-2010, 07:51 AM
I find the drone from the commentators worse than the vuvuzela.

The worst for me is Mark Bright. "That is a terrible pass" or "I don't know what he was thinking of there" every minute of the game. FFS speaking as if he was god's greatest footballer.:grr:

heretoday
15-06-2010, 08:16 AM

ITV coverage is p!sh.....Clive Tyldsley missing bookings, Coleman being dull, tv signal cutting out....

BBC's team offer more football knowledge but its sadly let down with the constant 'England England England' p!sh even when England aren't playing :yawn::yawn:

I hope Chris Coleman is no relation of David - the greatest ever footy commentator.

Clive Tyldesley is the main reason I no longer listen to ITV commentary or pundits. He is an execrable piece of ordure whose crass, fatuous and smug remarks have ruined many a fine game for me. He jolly well won't be doing it again!

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Well for my two penny's worth....may aswell:agree:

I don't hate the english but fully reserve my right to despise the circus of the english FA and their bandwagon. The 'political correct' pressure for us scots to get behind them makes me sick. Scots supporting them makes me sicker due to the afore mentioned......its weak.

Excellent points in your post mate, but where does Political Correctness come into it? I'm not aware of anyone telling me I have to support England. I am aware of some people who want to. I don't.

banarc7062
15-06-2010, 08:55 AM
"which takes me back to 1966...."

They haven't mentioned it yet, but i'm sure they will sneak it in there somewhere. :grr:

You must have been away for a beer those times it has been mentioned.......like "we drew our first game also in 1966 and went on to win.....:greengrin

jdships
15-06-2010, 09:03 AM

Agree with what you write and would just add that for ITV ,Childs, Is just not an
" anchor man" at this level.

There again I suppose with COMMENTATORS it is like beauty - "...it is in the eye of the beholder " :greengrin:bitchy:

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm a bit confused. I was watching the match last night, and Tyldesley was whingeing that an Italian player had gotten off with a booking (they really are an odious, cynical, dirty bunch of thugs), however Carracher had been sent off for less.

When was Carracher sent off, and against who? I'm sure it wasn't the USA, so is this plonker still whingeing about something that happened months ago?

And anyway, what did that have to do with the game being played?

sunshine1875
15-06-2010, 09:37 AM
I'm a bit confused. I was watching the match last night, and Tyldesley was whingeing that an Italian player had gotten off with a booking (they really are an odious, cynical, dirty bunch of thugs), however Carracher had been sent off for less.

When was Carracher sent off, and against who? I'm sure it wasn't the USA, so is this plonker still whingeing about something that happened months ago?

And anyway, what did that have to do with the game being played?

If it was the bit I saw, it was Cahill he was referring to. Cahill was sent off against Germany for a challenge that was tame compared to challenges in the Italian and Dutch games.

PPZPOL
15-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Nothing new from me other than agreeing with majority on here about Mark Lawrenson.

But my gripe with him is that he sat through that Japan/Cameroon game saying how bad and boring it was. Aye right pal, try actually working for a living and not even getting to see the game let alone getting flown out to the W/C then put up in top quality hotel, top scran, watching football etc etc. Be a bit more humble, every game isn't going to be a blockbuster so just appreciate the football and enjoy the World Cup experience, the fans of both sets of teams seemed to be enjoying themselves.

The lack of empathy that guy has is astonishing.

Hibs Class
15-06-2010, 11:43 AM
It's a major plus that Ian Wright hasn't appeared yet (or if he has that I've managed to miss him).

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 11:57 AM
If it was the bit I saw, it was Cahill he was referring to. Cahill was sent off against Germany for a challenge that was tame compared to challenges in the Italian and Dutch games.

It was Cahill, thanks for clearing that up. When was the match he got sent off in?

Posh Swanny
15-06-2010, 12:01 PM
It's a major plus that Ian Wright hasn't appeared yet (or if he has that I've managed to miss him).

BBC insiders have today reported that Ian Wright is being saved for the quarter finals should England make it that far. Internet servers in Scotland are being upgraded in readiness for an expected surge, while Accident and Emergency Department bosses at eight Scottish hospitals have cancelled all leave in preparation for an influx of patients suffering from various blood pressure related ailments. Advice is for people in Scotland not to watch, or at least not to listen to, TV transmissions with an English bias but it is expected that this will be difficult for many, with thousands of others - in scenes reminiscent of the Radio Two Andrew Sachs scandal - turning to You Tube in a bid not to miss out on the outrage.

hibsbollah
15-06-2010, 12:03 PM
Contrast Lawrenson's dour dismissiveness with Graham Taylor, who is commentating on the New Zealand game. He is a pretty terrible commentator as well, but he is at least enthusiastic, and just made the comment that 'the small countries are what the world cup is all about, i love the fact the world cup is in south africa and isnt the preserve of the rich countries all the time'.

An attitude sadly all too rare.

Matty_Jack04
15-06-2010, 12:11 PM
Contrast Lawrenson's dour dismissiveness with Graham Taylor, who is commentating on the New Zealand game. He is a pretty terrible commentator as well, but he is at least enthusiastic, and just made the comment that 'the small countries are what the world cup is all about, i love the fact the world cup is in south africa and isnt the preserve of the rich countries all the time'.

An attitude sadly all too rare.

Im listening to the chris moyles and comedy dave commentary on the red button ......which is em......unfunny and a load of garbage but slightly better than taylors dishwater dull tones

CropleyWasGod
15-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Im listening to the chris moyles and comedy dave commentary on the red button ......which is em......unfunny and a load of garbage but slightly better than taylors dishwater dull tones

Im on the i Player... different commentators again.

Waste of money BBC :grr:

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 12:19 PM
I was treated to Phillip Schofield and A Burd, talking to some bloke and ANR Burd talking about football this morning. Can't wait till Jeremy Kyle has a special edition when two schemie radges knock seven bells out of each other doing the half time analysis of the World Cup final.

Schemie 1: you **** you ****** ****, you was nowhere wen the crisps wos gettin served, ******* nowhere!

Schemie 2: I wos in da kitchen makin' the pizza for your mum and her mates, there ware.

Schemie 1: Ow comes them footballers 'as more money dan you den.

Schemie 2: Yeh, but, no, but........

(continues for 94 generations)

hibsbollah
15-06-2010, 12:23 PM

Taylors favourite catchphrase is 'its what I call...' as if a perfectly normal expression that everyone uses is in fact, his own invention.

'He's what I call a midfield enforcer' says Taylor. No, Graham, everyone calls them that.:grr:

'Theres no doubt about that' is another one. He must say it at least 6 times in a game.

HibeeMG
15-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Taylors favourite catchphrase is 'its what I call...' as if a perfectly normal expression that everyone uses is in fact, his own invention.

'He's what I call a midfield enforcer' says Taylor. No, Graham, everyone calls them that.:grr:

'Theres no doubt about that' is another one. He must say it at least 6 times in a game.

I really like Graham Taylor. Just me then.....

HibeeMG
15-06-2010, 01:49 PM
At least we're another boring one down:

Sky reporting that ITV have sacked Robbie Earle for selling WC tickets to a third party.

Nar luck!

Phil D. Rolls
15-06-2010, 02:22 PM
At least we're another boring one down:

Sky reporting that ITV have sacked Robbie Earle for selling WC tickets to a third party.

Nar luck!

You'd think he'd have stopped at two, but who is this mysterious WC? :hmmm:

sesoim
15-06-2010, 03:39 PM

He should be banned from TV. He gets away with ignorant remarks about white folk and how racist Britain is that would never be condoned in reverse.

HibeeMG
16-06-2010, 12:09 PM
Got to say I'm quite enjoying Craig Burley's co-commentary. Has a bit of personality about him and speaks sense.