PDA

View Full Version : NHC ..and while Hibs finish theirs the Sheep arrange the destruction of their own.

JoJo_07
11-06-2010, 11:03 AM
Bye, bye "dung heap" (Pittodrie) (http://planning.aberdeencity.gov.uk/docs/planningdocuments.asp?appnumber=100741)

Cabbage East
11-06-2010, 11:06 AM
I like Pittodrie.

weonlywon6-2
11-06-2010, 11:17 AM
I like Pittodrie.

its always freezing cold !!!

greenginger
11-06-2010, 11:22 AM
Bye, bye "dung heap" (Pittodrie) (http://planning.aberdeencity.gov.uk/docs/planningdocuments.asp?appnumber=100741)

I don't think a Planning Application always results in a shinny new develoment as our neighbours can confirm. :greengrin

Peevemor
11-06-2010, 11:28 AM
It looks like it's just an outline application, to see whether the Council agree with the principle of a housing development on the site.

Interesting to see that that the Architects are Halliday Fraser Munro, who did ER.

Stoney Hibee
11-06-2010, 11:45 AM
its always freezing cold !!!

It wont be that much warmer out at Cove!

Phil D. Rolls
11-06-2010, 01:11 PM
It wont be that much warmer out at Cove!

What a stupid place to build a stadium.

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-06-2010, 01:16 PM
Loved Pittodrie when the old beach end was the away end. You could make a fantastic din in there. Not so keen when they moved the away support to side on. Just far too cold. Even in the summer.

SouthMoroccoStu
11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
I thought they were tottally skint!!!

If any stadium needs an upgrade (minus the PBS) it has to be tannadice. That stadium is a dump!!!!

Sylar
11-06-2010, 01:26 PM
There's been talk of them moving it out towards Bridge of Don for a couple of seasons now.

Makes sense, as they have good infrastructure out there (as it supports the AECC), will be putting a bypass in place to avoid traffic having to wind through Aberdeen itself and is easily accessible from the town centre.

Pittodrie is a ****-hole and it's about time it was replaced.

Another plus (if this were to happen) - would hopefully give us another stadia which could count towards hosting a European Championship.

JE89
11-06-2010, 01:34 PM
TSSF - By the time it's completed the tournaments will be biggar - no chance of Scotland hosting anytime soon in my opinion.

Sylar
11-06-2010, 01:39 PM
TSSF - By the time it's completed the tournaments will be biggar - no chance of Scotland hosting anytime soon in my opinion.

I didn't necessarily mean our own - perhaps it will add the chance of a Celtic European Championship, depending on the quality/size of the new Aberdeen stadium.

marinello59
11-06-2010, 02:53 PM
I thought they were tottally skint!!!

They are. They kept referring to the new ground (and still do) as a Community Stadium, the plan being that the community (i.e the local taxpayer) would pick up most of the bill. The council have told them that they won't be getting a penny towards the construction. Stewart Milne was asked recently where the funding was going to come from. He didn't know. :greengrin

Frazerbob
11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
There's been talk of them moving it out towards Bridge of Don for a couple of seasons now.

Makes sense, as they have good infrastructure out there (as it supports the AECC), will be putting a bypass in place to avoid traffic having to wind through Aberdeen itself and is easily accessible from the town centre.

Another plus (if this were to happen) - would hopefully give us another stadia which could count towards hosting a European Championship.

You've obviously not tried to get back into town after a gig at the AECC. If you take the car be prepared for an hours wait to get out the car park then another hour to drive along King Street. If you are relying on public transport then be prepared for a long wait on the buses which are few and far between.

Bridge of Don is shocking at busy times.

Spike Mandela
11-06-2010, 04:06 PM
Interesting thread on an Aberdeen Forum.......

http://www.afc-chat.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=31182

Could they sink before the Hertz:cool2:

--------
11-06-2010, 04:06 PM
I didn't necessarily mean our own - perhaps it will add the chance of a Celtic European Championship, depending on the quality/size of the new Aberdeen stadium.

It would need to be at least 30,000 capacity - half as big again as ER now.

And as Frazerbob points out, transport links in and out of Bridge of Don are pretty poor right now, and upgrading will cost a lot.

Edit: And no, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sheep sank before the Jambos.

Stoney Hibee
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM

the current preferred option for the stadium (and only one at the moment i believe) is for the stadium to be built at Loriston Loch which is the bit of water you pass just after you leave the A90 as you head for Pittodrie.

So ideal for those coming from the south, but there are no pubs or other facillities within a couple of miles.