PDA

View Full Version : NHC Benitez - credit where it due!

Hibs On Tour
11-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Never having been an admirer of Benitez as a manager, I have to say fair play to the guy for this:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/8733645.stm

:top marks

jdships
11-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Never having been an admirer of Benitez as a manager, I have to say fair play to the guy for this:

:thumbsup:
A fine gesture whatever you think of the man

RoslinInstHibby
11-06-2010, 11:02 AM
yep, not his biggest fan, but well done to him:agree:

H18sry
11-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah nice gesture, but its a drop in the ocean when you have just picked up a multi million pound pay off from Liverpool :cool2:

weonlywon6-2
11-06-2010, 11:14 AM

well done rafa, a nice gesture:thumbsup:

Woody1985
11-06-2010, 12:12 PM
Nice gesture. However, if I had just picked up £6 million I'm sure I could spare 1.6% of it to a good cause.

Baw187
11-06-2010, 12:32 PM
Nice gesture. However, if I had just picked up £6 million I'm sure I could spare 1.6% of it to a good cause.

Even so, it's all relative and I couldn't say that I donate 1.6% of my earnings to charity. The £6m is really his earning after all.

Removed
11-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Even so, it's all relative and I couldn't say that I donate 1.6% of my earnings to charity. The £6m is really his earning after all.

Technically, but if you got paid off with a few years salary and walked into a new job paying similar money straight away I'm sure you could afford 1.6% as you would be better of than expected.

And I give more than 1.6% of my wages to charity. Whoopy doo Rafa.

Scouse Hibee
11-06-2010, 02:16 PM
What about the 20m he donated to Roma last season. :wink:

Hibercelona
11-06-2010, 02:23 PM

He donated quite a huge chunk to a few clubs when he was at Liverpool. :wink:

Hibeebob
11-06-2010, 02:26 PM
And I give more than 1.6% of my wages to charity. Whoopy doo Rafa.

absolutley astounding how many folk on here make smart arsed remarks regarding charity donations and suchlike, am I right in thinking you are the same poster slagging off the soccer aid particpants for not putting there own hands in pockets?

Get a grip mate. Yes rafa could have gave more, he also could have gave less. And zinidine etc could have told UNICEF to do one when asked to play last week.

They didn't and if one person benefits from that then surely it's worthwhile no?

So you give more than 1.6% of your earnings ? Well good for you, but your holier than thou attitude stinks mate.

Removed
11-06-2010, 02:30 PM
absolutley astounding how many folk on here make smart arsed remarks regarding charity donations and suchlike, am I right in thinking you are the same poster slagging off the soccer aid particpants for not putting there own hands in pockets?

Get a grip mate. Yes rafa could have gave more, he also could have gave less. And zinidine etc could have told UNICEF to do one when asked to play last week.

They didn't and if one person benefits from that then surely it's worthwhile no?

So you give more than 1.6% of your earnings ? Well good for you, but your holier than thou attitude stinks mate.

Read the context of my reply to Baw's post before you spout so much pish.

And no it wasn't me slagging of soccer aid partiipants, I never even watched it.

H18sry
11-06-2010, 02:30 PM

Aye but that was Gillet and Hicks money :greengrin

Hibeebob
11-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Read the context of my reply to Baw's post before you spout so much pish.

read the context of your post, still see you slagging benitez for only giving 1.6%.

Say it again he could have gave nowt, you seem to think he should have gave more due to how much he earns, now that's pish!

Also checked the soccer aid thread and it was someone else. I apologise for that part but not the first, you give more than 1.6% of your earnings to charity? Good for you, but don't have a go at other folk. The man donates a phenomenal amount of money and all you can say is "well I donate more than 1.6% so woo hoo"
can I ask what the correct amount would have been ? 1m? Would that have been ok?

Removed
11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
read the context of your post, still see you slagging benitez for only giving 1.6%.

Say it again he could have gave nowt, you seem to think he should have gave more due to how much he earns, now that's pish!

Also checked the soccer aid thread and it was someone else I apologise for that part but not the first, you give more than 1.6% of your earnings to charity? Good for you, but don't have a go at other folk.

How am I slagging him :confused: I said whoopy doo, could easy have been big deal or so what. Sure he could have given nothing, or given more, but I never actually said that did I. You are reading things into my words.

And anyway why is it pish when he's got a few more million in the bank and a new lucrative career? You are making yourself look a bit silly now having a pop a me.

Hibeebob
11-06-2010, 02:52 PM
So woo hoo is not sarcastic?

As you can see I have been a member of this board long enough to know that "your making yourself look silly" is code for I'm wrong and I know it.

Not having a pop, you were sarcastic about a charity donation and went on to say "I give more than 1.6%" said to justify your view he should have give more?

you look like the silly one.

Well done rafa. It's a great gesture. Just think people should applaud charity instead of sayin "you earn more give more"

better leave it there as that's a "silly" viewpoint eh?

Removed
11-06-2010, 02:57 PM
So woo hoo is not sarcastic?

As you can see I have been a member of this board long enough to know that "your making yourself look silly" is code for I'm wrong and I know it.

Not having a pop, you were sarcastic about a charity donation and went on to say "I give more than 1.6%" said to justify your view he should have give more?

you look like the silly one.

Well done rafa. It's a great gesture. Just think people should applaud charity instead of sayin "you earn more give more"

better leave it there as that's a "silly" viewpoint eh?

Well done Rafa, very generous :rolleyes:

Woody1985
11-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I wasn't looking to spark a debate on who gives most to what guys so sorry for calculating the 1.6%!

I give what I can, if I feel like it i.e. sometimes I'll give money to beggers if I'm in a good mood but generally won't. I used to give money to cancer research until they started spamming me with information and asking me for more money so I cancelled it as I figured they were wasting more than I was giving them.

I also hate when people ask me for money all the time for this and that (as happens a lot at work) so from a personal point of view I wasn't trying to imply I'm better than him as I could comfortably say that I give less of my earnings to charity than he probably does.

My original point was that people shouldn't think the sun shines out his arse for a small gesture (to him). After all, that money has come from Liverpool fans in the first place. He's also walked into another x million pound a year job immediately after getting a pay off.

Hibeebob
11-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Well done Rafa, very generous

lol I like it!

Seriously tho apologies if you thought I was "having a go"
as you have previously stated you donate to charity yourself and all I am trying to say is that's gotta be a good thing regardless no?

Anyway it's only my arpinon, and as the wife tells me, my opinion counts for jack.

legends of 73
11-06-2010, 03:16 PM
My original point was that people shouldn't think the sun shines out his arse for a small gesture (to him). After all, that money has come from Liverpool fans in the first place. He's also walked into another x million pound a year job immediately after getting a pay off.

exactly he's just left a multi million pound job and walked into another one so 1.6% will be loose change to him:agree:

Hibeebob
11-06-2010, 03:20 PM
God. Looks like I am in the minority.

Take it all back all that cash and you "only" donate nearly a hundren grand eh?

Well woo bloody hoo.:rolleyes:

Removed
11-06-2010, 03:24 PM
lol I like it!

Seriously tho apologies if you thought I was "having a go"
as you have previously stated you donate to charity yourself and all I am trying to say is that's gotta be a good thing regardless no?

Anyway it's only my arpinon, and as the wife tells me, my opinion counts for jack.

You missed my smiley when you quoted me :wink:

Cheers for the apology, I did think you were unfairly having a go at me. I wasn't actually looking for an argument - Well not one about Rafa Benitez :greengrin

Woody1985
11-06-2010, 10:19 PM
God. Looks like I am in the minority.

Take it all back all that cash and you "only" donate nearly a hundren grand eh?

Well woo bloody hoo.:rolleyes:

It's all proportional though. The amount is irrelevant.

If Bill Gates gave 100k a year to charity he'd be called a tight, hearltess *******. I'd have to take out a 25 year loan to donate 100 grand. Whilst it is a significant amount for the cause it's a drop in the ocean for him. Yes, it's a good gesture which will play on the heart strings of Liverpool fans but that's it.

vahibbie
11-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Considering he's hardly missed a beat as far as wages go he should mibbes have given something back to Liverpool FC. Personally I think he screwed them as it was a stick on he was getting a new job.
No that I care much about Liverpool FC but it was a tad greedy.

Hibeebob
12-06-2010, 12:13 PM
How much did Jose give when leaving inter?

What a plumb he should have given at least 5m considering his wage eh?

Wonder how much ferguson earns annually at Manu ? Should be at least giving half a mil a year to charity no?

Personally I think that in football people are paid far too much. However it's not the fault of the person getting paid, if my boss wanted to pay me way over the odds then that's not my problem.
However if someone donates money to charity, I think that should be well recieved, regardless of their income.
Or we could just start a charity tax where you give a set amount depending on your income.

Not arguing the point just stating my opinion.

Biggie
12-06-2010, 12:39 PM
How much did Jose give when leaving inter?

What a plumb he should have given at least 5m considering his wage eh?

Wonder how much ferguson earns annually at Manu ? Should be at least giving half a mil a year to charity no?

Personally I think that in football people are paid far too much. However it's not the fault of the person getting paid, if my boss wanted to pay me way over the odds then that's not my problem.
However if someone donates money to charity, I think that should be well recieved, regardless of their income.
Or we could just start a charity tax where you give a set amount depending on your income.

Not arguing the point just stating my opinion.

Well Bob I am on your side..well done rafa...the problem here is, whatever he gave was publicised, the others you have mentioned probably do give loads away, it's just kept quiet. Probably for the reasons others have pointed out in that whatever they give would not be considered good/big enough. £2m from Bill Gates is probably 0.00005% of his wealth (tight git)......so they canny win. I saw well done rafa, but what was to be gained making this donation public ?......other than to endear himself to the liverpool public.

Hibeebob
12-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Was it him that made the donation public? I thought it was the charity?

Anyhoo, I can't debate this anymore. I have made my views clear, I just think any kind of donation should be applauded, not sarcastically ridiculed.

As a pool fan myself I might add, I would have gladly paid 1.6% of my wage to empty him.

greenlex
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
What does this charity do?

Steve-O
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
greenlex - you beat me to it!

21 years after the event, what does this charity actually do?

Dashing Bob S
12-06-2010, 10:10 PM
A shallow and manipulative gesture by a grossly overpaid wage thief who, along with others of his ilk, has exploited ordinary people's love of the game and Helped bleed it dry.

I certainly won't be canonising this parasite as a saint.

Hibeebob
12-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Find out what they do here
http://www.hfsg.net/

Steve-O
13-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Still not sure what they'd do with 96,000 quid to be honest.

As for Rafa, it's still a not bad gesture and nobody woud have batted an eyelid if he hadn't given the money!