PDA

View Full Version : Van Zanten makes return

MacBean
11-06-2010, 09:27 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/8734181.stm

:wink:

Big-Si-1875
11-06-2010, 10:35 AM
I wish him well, as i do any former hibs player, though im sure st mirrens new gaffer was quoted as saying hes wanting regular top six finishes, does he perhaps have to aim higher than the likes of van zanten or is that st mirrens level of player.

lyonhibs
11-06-2010, 12:17 PM
As long as he maintains possession of Andy Driver - currently resident in his back pocket since 2008 - then he's a welocme addition to the SPL IMO :greengrin

Phil MaGlass
11-06-2010, 01:15 PM
I wish him well, as i do any former hibs player, though im sure st mirrens new gaffer was quoted as saying hes wanting regular top six finishes, does he perhaps have to aim higher than the likes of van zanten or is that st mirrens level of player.
I dont think he has to get better players, just look at hertz,1 good player and youre good enough for 7th.

seanraff07
11-06-2010, 02:17 PM
Would take the lad over that Maicon any day.:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
11-06-2010, 03:10 PM
St Mirren is where he has regularly played his best football. No doubt he has made a few quid in his time away. Would not blame him at all for trying to step up another level, but the grass is not always greener. I think that Danny Lennon has the makings of a decent manager however and it could be a good time to be a St. Mirren player.

essexhibee
11-06-2010, 04:07 PM
Ahh davie v. Remember that performance on THAT night. Was hilarious to see how the after match rating people were lauding the 11/10 score as opposed to the 3/10 "he is the worst man in a hibs jersey i have ever seen" score the week previous.

Will try and remember him just for that match alone, where driver couldnt have even laced his boots, as the times previous to/after that match were, well.... horrible. Never looked like a footballer to me, more like a middle-aged geeky dad who was chucked onto a football pitch. Can imagine him being a fan of Doctor who :greengrin