PDA

View Full Version : What Should Hibs Do About The Hearts Strip Under The East Stand?

Mikey
10-06-2010, 12:55 PM
There's been plenty chat HERE (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?184968-Daft-jambo-bird-construction-worker-buried-Hearts-top-and-photos-in-the-East-Stand.). What should Hibs do?

lyonhibs
10-06-2010, 01:02 PM
Absolutely **** all.

The joke is on them. We're getting our new stand built, they've not even got a decent PPoint presentation of theirs to gain solace from.

Gimps

marinello59
10-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Leave it for future East standers to bounce on for years to come.:thumbsup:

bighairyfaeleith
10-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Leave it and build the toilet right on top of it:thumbsup:

steviehfc
10-06-2010, 01:09 PM
Leave it for future East standers to bounce on for years to come.:thumbsup::agree: :thumbsup:

Jack
10-06-2010, 01:11 PM
Ah the banter between fans. Did she? Didn’t she?

Is it just a wind-up following a Hibees claim some years ago that there is Hibs memorabilia buried under the pitch at Tynecastle?

Who really cares?

WindyMiller
10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Leave it.

It means nothing.

Jay
10-06-2010, 01:17 PM
Leave it - its exactly where it should be - dead and buried and in the right place for a load of Hibbys to walk right over week after week. Sh*t rots pretty quickly anyway - although part of me thinks Hibs should make the company dig it up at their own cost just to cause trouble.

MacBean
10-06-2010, 01:33 PM
There is a scoltand strip and flag buried under Wembley...
:thumbsup:

Phil D. Rolls
10-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Perhaps Dan Brown could be commissioned to write a book, which could then be made into an equally crap film starring Tom Hanks.

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2010, 01:49 PM
Leave it.

In effect it is landfill, which is where you put all the crap which has no other usefull purpose. So it is exactly where it should be.

In fact, perhaps the club should leave a big hole under the stand for the next few weeks and invite any Yam who wants to to come along and dump as many strips as the want into it.

Damn ! .... Do you need a special permit to store toxic waste ?

Not to mention that if we were to win the cup the skanky Yam trollop would be left to wonder ever more if her actions lifted ' the curse '

Ryan91
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
I say leave it, but if the club wants to get Dalkeith Demoltion to dig it up so be it, can't see it happening though, let's just continue to walk all over it and if we know where exactly it was burried, would it be possible to shift the plans so there's a bog on top of the spot?

steve75
10-06-2010, 02:01 PM
Leave it be.

"East Standers: Stamping Hearts underground since 2010"

laois hibby
10-06-2010, 02:05 PM
there is 2 scotland flags under the floor of both dressing rooms in lansdowne road stadium

Dashing Bob S
10-06-2010, 02:09 PM
They can bury as many Hearts strips at ER as they want. I'd prefer it if they left the supporters and players of the club inside those strips first, however.

RIP
10-06-2010, 02:10 PM
She couldn't have drawn more attention to herself if she'd had

"I'm a pathethic person" tattooed on her forehead

It probably seemed a really good idea at the time

I'll sleep well tonight

Will she?

hibsbollah
10-06-2010, 02:15 PM
She couldn't have drawn more attention to herself if she'd had

"I'm a pathethic person" tattooed on her forehead

It probably seemed a really good idea at the time

I'll sleep well tonight

Will she?

I think its pretty funny, to be fair.

offshorehibby
10-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Leave it, ma erse will be above it for ever more,

greenlex
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Where is the don't care option?

steakbake
10-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Where is the don't care option?

Exactly. Shouldn't do anything. The Fudleys are having their kills over the fuss it's caused.

I like the idea that a hearts strip is buried under our stand. Thousands of hibbees trampling on it every week, jumping up and down on it etc

Hibby Gav
10-06-2010, 02:45 PM
they will be killing themselves at all the attention we are givin this.............who cares.......all our erses will be on it forevermore.....:thumbsup:

NORTHERNHIBBY
10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Any one else amongst us older ones remember in the 80's when coca-cola and pepsi were at each other all the time? They had an ad where coke swigging archieologists
dug up a pepsi can and none of them knew what it was? Well go forward 40 years, when we are building our uber stadium and.......you can work out the rest.

mutley
10-06-2010, 02:59 PM
How about this:

The tradition for the Heart of Midlothian on the Royal Mile, is to spit on is as you walk past, so why don't we have a wee plaque on the ground where it is buried that we can spit on?

On a serious note, I'm with most others here, who cares, they are now, and forever will be, under the Hibees.

Bostonhibby
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Leave it.

In effect it is landfill, which is where you put all the crap which has no other usefull purpose. So it is exactly where it should be.

In fact, perhaps the club should leave a big hole under the stand for the next few weeks and invite any Yam who wants to to come along and dump as many strips as the want into it.

Damn ! .... Do you need a special permit to store toxic waste ?

Not to mention that if we were to win the cup the skanky Yam trollop would be left to wonder ever more if her actions lifted ' the curse '

:agree: Yep, thats the answer, if and when it eventually happens that will be her legacy.

weonlywon6-2
10-06-2010, 03:28 PM
there is 2 scotland flags under the floor of both dressing rooms in lansdowne road stadium

if this is true then thats the way to do it !

weonlywon6-2
10-06-2010, 03:32 PM
There is a scoltand strip and flag buried under Wembley...

is that why they keep digging up the pitch to try and find it???

WarringtonHibee
10-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Leave it, we can have a bounce on it when we batter them next seasn, it'll eventually just decompose, like their BIG AMAZING main stand. :agree:

MyJo
10-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Find out where it is and put a wee plaque on the floor above it saying:

HoMFC , accepting thier place in the world since 2010

Beneath Hibernian!

Dibben
10-06-2010, 04:01 PM
We should do nothing!

As said earlier, 'Yams FC, dead and buried' has a nice ring to it! What she has done symbolises the Yams future brilliantly!

BH.

woody47
10-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Who gives one?
In fact I think it is all rather amusing as it is the nearest the yams will get to a new stand this season :greengrin

hibernian36
10-06-2010, 07:41 PM
Do nothing - we buried seven at tynecastle back in 1973 and they've NEVER been returned !:thumbsup:

iwasthere1972
10-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Leave it where it is.

When it's found in 100 years time during a rebuild of the east stand nobody will know who Hearts were and nobody will give a damn either.

Cheeky bint.

Mister P
10-06-2010, 07:54 PM
leave it exactly where it is...it's causing no problem whatsoever and if any yams think this is an achievement then that only highlights their pathetic nature. Anyone with a little creativity can use this as a way of getting a 1-up on them, re the 'lifting the curse' angle when that happens.
As mentioned in a previous post, she thought it was clever to brag about it but she's now very well known to every Hibby in the city....she wont be able to go places without getting the odd bit of abuse :agree:.

erin go bragh
10-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Do nothing - we buried seven at tynecastle back in 1973 and they've NEVER been returned !:thumbsup:
:top marksquality mate

The Harp
10-06-2010, 10:21 PM
Can't see the Tache losing any sleep over this, but if we ever need any demolition work in the future, I'd hope this company wouldn't be considered for it. Allowing one of your employees to behave in this manner isn't what one would expect from a reputable company.

StevieC
11-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Just leave it.

However, for the fun factor, I'd hope Petrie gets the demolition company into the office and give them the option of digging it out or knocking 10% off their bill. :wink:

Personally I'd blame it on the parents.
Oh .. hang on .. her Hearts supporting dad is the owner of the business! :rolleyes:

Pedantic_Hibee
11-06-2010, 07:53 AM
Leave it, it's completely symbolic of the seismic shift in fortunes both clubs have experienced in the last decade.

Their Ukio Bankas FC strip is now where it rightly should be. Beneath us.

Keith_M
11-06-2010, 08:01 AM
I can't believe there's over a hundred people that think this is such an issue that it should be dug up.

Come on guys, get some perspective on life!

:bitchy:

Actually, I'd be interested on what the beakdown of voting is according to where in the stadium people sit. Is it mostly the East Stand Ultras or the West Stand Grumpy Gits that want it removed.

:greengrin

Ray_
11-06-2010, 08:02 AM
There's been plenty chat HERE (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?184968-Daft-jambo-bird-construction-worker-buried-Hearts-top-and-photos-in-the-East-Stand.). What should Hibs do?

Why bother, in similar circumstances, during the construction of the main stand at Tynie, Burke & Hare buried the body of a victim that the hospital had reject.

Hibernia Na Eir
11-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I say leave it, but if the club wants to get Dalkeith Demoltion to dig it up so be it, can't see it happening though, let's just continue to walk all over it and if we know where exactly it was burried, would it be possible to shift the plans so there's a bog on top of the spot?

must be tough for that Jambo loving Dalkeith firm building our brilliant new shiny East Stand :greengrin

stu in nottingham
11-06-2010, 10:09 AM
I'd be happy to see Rod Petrie negotiate a discount with the building company and give the amount to a suitable charity such as Dniprokids.