PDA

View Full Version : Pubs not allowing football colours

Red Cabbage
10-06-2010, 10:26 AM
Just wondered if anyone had any negative experiences last night in terms of not being allowed into pubs because they had hibs colours on?

Me and my Dad got refused at the Blue Blazer after the show - I had a green Pat Stanton t-shirt on and my Dad who is 62 had a navy fleece on with the hibs badge on it.

I totally understand why pubs don't allow colours on games like derby days but it is really starting to get on my nerves when they do it on nights like last night when there is not even a game on!! We had the same problem at Au Bar on Shandy Place the night we played Barcelona. Just what do these pubs think is gonna happen?? They don't seem to have any problem allowing rugby tops and frankly it is starting to get right on my wick!! :grr:

TariqE
10-06-2010, 10:29 AM
The few have spoiled it for the many.

TBF All it would take is some drunken yam to make some kind of comment to your old man and then there might well be a scene. I know if someone insulted my old man, I wouldn't be letting it lie.

puff the dragon
10-06-2010, 10:35 AM
While it is annoying for the majority who would not want to fight I can see the pubs point.

Say you were sitting there and some Hearts fans with a little too much drink start chanting about 100 years or something. All it would then take is for some Hibs fans (not you) sitting somewhere else to start singing Mercer songs. Before you know it there could be a fight and all down to an innocent bystander who didn't provoke or join in wearing a football top.

There are some total lowlife idiots who support football, and the crazy thing is they write books about it all!

Rugby folk can behave themselves with the drink. You never head God Save the Queen boo'ed at Murrayfield but when it's played at Hampden it's a total disgrace purely because there are many football fans who take things too far.

MacTheRat
10-06-2010, 10:42 AM
Just wondered if anyone had any negative experiences last night in terms of not being allowed into pubs because they had hibs colours on?

Me and my Dad got refused at the Blue Blazer after the show - I had a green Pat Stanton t-shirt on and my Dad who is 62 had a navy fleece on with the hibs badge on it.

I totally understand why pubs don't allow colours on games like derby days but it is really starting to get on my nerves when they do it on nights like last night when there is not even a game on!! We had the same problem at Au Bar on Shandy Place the night we played Barcelona. Just what do these pubs think is gonna happen?? They don't seem to have any problem allowing rugby tops and frankly it is starting to get right on my wick!! :grr:
Rightly or wrongly, there IS a perception that when rugby supporters get up to no good it's a case of 'the chaps are just letting off some steam'.

I can't imagine pubs turning away trade when the French/Irish/Welsh are in town, travelling support who like to wear their colours.

Frazerbob
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Whilst rugby fans can get a little boisterous I've never known any pubs to get done over by them or even witnessed scenes like we see every Tynie Derby match in and around the Roseburn or up Easter Road whenever the Infirm are in town.

Unfortunately there are some comple idiots who go to the football and don't know where to draw the line. As has been said, the few spoil it for the many.

LancashireHibby
10-06-2010, 11:16 AM
Daft thing is, those wearing club colours generally aren't the ones causing trouble on derby day etc.

Can see where the pubs are coming from to a certain extent, but it's a pretty sad reflection on society.

Tazio
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
. You never head God Save the Queen boo'ed at Murrayfield.

Back in the day it was always booed. And was most probably the reason Flower Of Scotland was introduced.

Hibs On Tour
10-06-2010, 02:19 PM
Rugby folk can behave themselves with the drink.

Pish. They become big, steamin', talk-a-loady-pish, irritating ****s - just like anyone else...

Rightly or wrongly, there IS a perception that when rugby supporters get up to no good it's a case of 'the chaps are just letting off some steam'.

Exactly. If a rugby fan starts a fight or starts feeling up someone's missus its just boyish japes, if someone responds by flooring one of them its because of casuals?

Whilst rugby fans can get a little boisterous.

Understatement I'd say... royal pains in the frigging arse would be more like it. ****s fae the borders oot on their summer holidays wi their kilts and timberlands on. Just like being back at Uni with the rugger lads what? They can keep it...

Daft thing is, those wearing club colours generally aren't the ones causing trouble on derby day etc.

Exactamundo.

Dashing Bob S
10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Football supporters can get sexist and verbal around women, the tiresome 'tits out for the lads' brigade, but few would ever try and touch someone up, which is a common complaint I've heard in Edinbugh, Cardiff and London with rugby fans. To me this is crossing the line of decent behaviour. The sad fact is that we have a class system in Britain and the authorities differing treatment of football and rugby fans predates mass hooliganism.

cheltenhamhibee
10-06-2010, 02:50 PM
Pish. They become big, steamin', talk-a-loady-pish, irritating ****s - just like anyone else...

Exactly. If a rugby fan starts a fight or starts feeling up someone's missus its just boyish japes, if someone responds by flooring one of them its because of casuals?

Understatement I'd say... royal pains in the frigging arse would be more like it. ****s fae the borders oot on their summer holidays wi their kilts and timberlands on. Just like being back at Uni with the rugger lads what? They can keep it...

Exactamundo.

Oi !!! some o us ****s fae the borders are gid Hibbys !! ya cheeky toonie bassa, lol :greengrin :greengrin

ionahibby
10-06-2010, 03:00 PM
If it was myself that got knocked back last night would be boycotting all pubs in question for the forseeable future! Shocking:grr:

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2010, 03:03 PM
Came out and went to go in the Shakespeare, but that was closed. Tried to get in the next pub down, but the bouncer wouldn't let us in, then i told him i lived in bread street, and he was fine, let us in . Cant see why they wouldn't want folk in last night?

FranckSuzy
10-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Came out and went to go in the Shakespeare, but that was closed. Tried to get in the next pub down, but the bouncer wouldn't let us in, then i told him i lived in bread street, and he was fine, let us in . Cant see why they wouldn't want folk in last night?

:agree: My cousin and I were kept waiting outside for 2 people to come out of said pub like a car park system and it was hardly busy:confused: The bouncer said the manager had told him not to let anyone else in. We had no colours on, and after querying the policy, were told to sneak in :bitchy: Loads of guys just kept walking when they were told they'd have to queue. You would think they didn't want our £...