PDA

View Full Version : Greggs leigh sparky griffiths

addym1
10-06-2010, 01:11 AM
I hear there is strong rumours that Leigh Sparky griffiths is on the verge of signing with the jambos.

i personally think hibs would be crazy not to sign young sparky,

die hard hibs fan,along side brother and familly,

last year i was told from a reliable source that before he made his move from livi to dundee hibs enquired about him when mixu was in and livi were holding out for no less than 200.000 and hibs wernt in a position to risk that type of money for a teenager.

i think he's definetly proved his worth this season in the 1st division with dundee and gained the expierence to play for a spl club and think hibs could use his speed and goal scoring abillity to great use with the likes of stokes and riordan to support him

i think if hibs were to offer the youngster a contract he would jump at the opportunity and i think it could be a huge dissapointment if hearts snap him up due to the wages they will offer.

i also have heard a rumour not from that hibs are trying to sign brahim hemdani ex ranger midfielder ?? any truth? or thoughts??

Haymaker
10-06-2010, 01:17 AM
IIRC was he not with hibs years back as a youth? and poor attitude got him released?

IWasThere2016
10-06-2010, 06:06 AM
He's STILL trouble apparently

DC_Hibs
10-06-2010, 06:13 AM
So hearts are now paying out transfers fees are they?

They haven't done so far in this or the last two transfer windows.........altho granted they are still offering higher wages than anyone else outside old firm despite their 35m debt

Sandy
10-06-2010, 06:15 AM
He's STILL trouble apparently

Couldn't give a flying one (to a certain extent), as long as he sticks the ball in the pokey for the Hibees that is all I would be worried about.

Toaods
10-06-2010, 06:22 AM
Hibs aren't interested.

CallumLaidlaw
10-06-2010, 06:29 AM
So hearts are now paying out transfers fees are they?

They haven't done so far in this or the last two transfer windows.........altho granted they are still offering higher wages than anyone else outside old firm despite their 35m debt

Didnt they pay around £100k for that Stevenson in January?

Toaods
10-06-2010, 06:54 AM

...hope so....:greengrin

DC_Hibs
10-06-2010, 08:19 AM

Ooops, good point altho it was an undisclosed five figure fee so I reckon 50k is nearer the mark which is a fraction of the money required for Griffiths.

Surely even Sir Vlad isnt daft enough to increase the 35m further when there is no sign of this reducing short term other than with player sales.

essexhibee
10-06-2010, 08:25 AM
The guy wont go. Check out his facebook page, he had a lovely thing to say about the jambos after the derby defeat. :wink:

In August 2009 he rejected contract talks with Hearts (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heart_of_Midlothian_F.C.), citing the club's defensive playing style and his affiliation with rivals Hibernian (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hibernian_F.C.).[ (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leigh_Griffiths#cite_note-Love_Leigh-4)

Thats from his wiki page, i doubt the boy would want to go there now. His attitude does look questionable from his pictures :rolleyes:

.Sean.
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
What was this message?

Ritchie
10-06-2010, 08:36 AM
i hope he doesnt sign for them.

a forward partnership of Kyle & Griffiths would score goals IMO. :jamboak:

NOLA
10-06-2010, 08:25 PM
Sparky will never sign for the orcs! FACT. Wha's in charge here!

Ryan91
10-06-2010, 08:37 PM
Although I think Leigh Griffiths is a very good player with a proven ability to score goals, we already have plenty strikers and unless we sell one he won't be coming to Hibs, and depending on who goes (that is of course should a striker indeed be sold) he may not be guaranteed first team football, and that is what he'll be looking for.

steviecarnie
10-06-2010, 08:51 PM
As i said the other day sparky is a normal lad, wouldnt say he's any worse than 9/10 teenagers. He's definately nowhere near as bad as riordan or mccormack were/is.

sleeping giant
10-06-2010, 09:35 PM
He knows where the onion bag is.
I would take him nae bother !

Sounds like a good mental Hibby anaw:thumbsup:

hibs is life
10-06-2010, 10:12 PM
he would not go 2 they dirty **** he a hibby through and through a should no hes ma wee cuz

RickyS
10-06-2010, 10:32 PM
he would not go 2 they dirty **** he a hibby through and through a should no hes ma wee cuz

has your wee cuz mentioned if the gaffer's been on the blower?

Lmc2105
10-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Would love to see Griffiths at Hibs would be some player as one of the posters said he knows where the goal is don't think Dundee would comand a huge fee for him and if we do lose Deeks then i think would be a good replacement would give his all for the jersey!!

The Modfather
10-06-2010, 11:12 PM
As i said the other day sparky is a normal lad, wouldnt say he's any worse than 9/10 teenagers. He's definately nowhere near as bad as riordan or mccormack were/is.

Carefull, words like that will get you a hanging round here. Riordan walks on water according to some.

essexhibee
11-06-2010, 02:30 PM
What was this message?

Cant seem to get on his page anymore, although i remember it having a lot of swear words, and disgust at a certain club over the city.

Hes a hibee through and through by the looks of it and i would HIGHLY doubt he would move to that manky lot.

seanraff07
11-06-2010, 02:35 PM
I take it we were linked with him at one point otherwise Hearts wouldn't be after him?

New Corrie
11-06-2010, 02:47 PM
No loss, more suited to pub team hoofball that makes your eyes bleed, not Hibs class.