PDA

View Full Version : What a night!

Jamesie
09-06-2010, 11:04 PM
Absolutely excellent evening of entertainment at the Usher Hall tonight, the best three and a half hours I've had in a long time.

Highlights for me had to be the Bum Clocks - absolutely mental - and the half-set - probably about ten songs - we got from the Proclaimers!

Was also nice to see Sir Tom and Rod Petrie getting such a good reception from the crowd as well.

Wee bit disappointing to see John Collins' video message get booed by some, but hopefully the fact that the next clip showed us winning the cup with him in charge gave food for thought for some.

The whole evening has left me feeling very positive about all things Hibs! :top marks:greengrin

lyonhibs
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
The Bumclocks were - IMO - effin' *****, but there we go. Didn't detract one little bit from one of the most enjoyable and memorable evenings I've had in a looooong time.

One thing of note - could we please, please get Grant Stott to be the Matchday announcer - about 1000x better than Tweedle Dumb or whoever does it at the moment.

California-Hibs
09-06-2010, 11:12 PM
What a fantastic night! Everything from start to finish was amazing, just amazing!! Sir Tom Famers speech was brilliant, and Grant Scott did a brilliant job presenting (why the heck is he not our match day announcer at Easter Road???). It was great to see all the former greats on the stage, espeically the wee surprises like Boozy, Glass, Brewster etc. The two comedians were great, some real cracking jokes! Fish, the bum clock brilliant, and to top it all off The Proclaimers were outstanding! Singing Sunshine On Leith was unforgetable, and Glory Glory at the end. Can anyone tell i'm still buzzing???
Please oh please tell me that was videoed tonight and will be available to purchase somewhere????
:thumbsup:

Jamesie
09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
After Tam Dean Burn's vision of hell I can't get the thought of Wallet Mercenary and the manager of a well known Edinburgh band together in a jacuzzi full of boiling fat out of my head :greengrin

Cabbage1875
09-06-2010, 11:14 PM
The Bum Clocks made me want to gouge my own eyes out but the entire night was absolutely superb.

The Proclaimers performing Sunshine on Leith will live long in the memory.

Reaper
09-06-2010, 11:21 PM
Cracking night. Made you feel even better about bein a Hibby. Anyone see our Flag 'Sauzee, Le God'. Some tart tried to get us to take it down at the start hahaha

bigstu
09-06-2010, 11:24 PM
great night! Makes you proud to be a hibs fan & reminded everyone including past & present players what being part of the hibernian family means.
only wish sauzee wasn't at the WC & could have been there :)
the glory glory sing along at the end was classic!
Grant stott is top notch!

FranckSuzy
09-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I echo the previous sentiments and would just add that the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up from the off - the scenes of 1990, YNWA etc were superb and very moving. As was Kenny MacLean Snr's grandson's moving tribute. Just one question...who was the former player on the stage before super Joe (wee guy in the green t-shirt)? Didn't catch his name and can't, for the life of me, remember/recognise him! :notworthy:

cabbageandribs1875
09-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Cracking night. Made you feel even better about bein a Hibby. Anyone see our Flag 'Sauzee, Le God'. Some tart tried to get us to take it down at the start hahaha

was it a wee blonde lassie with a dalkeith demolition helmet on ? :greengrin

Reaper
09-06-2010, 11:30 PM
was it a wee blonde lassie with a dalkeith demolition helmet on ? :greengrin

Nah, it was big fat Blonde wummin wi a face like a melted welly. Could of been her Ma.....................should've asked :grr:

basehibby
09-06-2010, 11:32 PM
What a fantastic night! Everything from start to finish was amazing, just amazing!! Sir Tom Famers speech was brilliant, and Grant Scott did a brilliant job presenting (why the heck is he not our match day announcer at Easter Road???). It was great to see all the former greats on the stage, espeically the wee surprises like Boozy, Glass, Brewster etc. The two comedians were great, some real cracking jokes! Fish, the bum clock brilliant, and to top it all off The Proclaimers were outstanding! Singing Sunshine On Leith was unforgetable, and Glory Glory at the end. Can anyone tell i'm still buzzing???
Please oh please tell me that was videoed tonight and will be available to purchase somewhere????
:thumbsup:

I doubt vary much that the tache's budget would stretch to Grant's appearance fees - better to stick to developing promising young DJs anyway - as is the Hibs way.

Sounds like a brilliant night though -thanks for sharing it :top marks

Mister P
09-06-2010, 11:34 PM
has anyone got pics or vids?

The Harp Awakes
09-06-2010, 11:39 PM
Absolutely excellent evening of entertainment at the Usher Hall tonight, the best three and a half hours I've had in a long time.

Highlights for me had to be the Bum Clocks - absolutely mental - and the half-set - probably about ten songs - we got from the Proclaimers!

Was also nice to see Sir Tom and Rod Petrie getting such a good reception from the crowd as well.

Wee bit disappointing to see John Collins' video message get booed by some, but hopefully the fact that the next clip showed us winning the cup with him in charge gave food for thought for some.

The whole evening has left me feeling very positive about all things Hibs! :top marks:greengrin

Yep, a great night. I think we take our showbiz/media Hibbys for granted at times. Thought half way
through the night that there's not many Clubs in the UK which could attract such a talented line up.

I actually thought Johnny Collins got a rousing reception bar a couple of numpties shouting out with their
own agenda.

A great night to be a Hibby and will keep the momentum going over the Summer before the Euro tie:thumbsup:

Jamesie
09-06-2010, 11:59 PM
I echo the previous sentiments and would just add that the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up from the off - the scenes of 1990, YNWA etc were superb and very moving. As was Kenny MacLean Snr's grandson's moving tribute. Just one question...who was the former player on the stage before super Joe (wee guy in the green t-shirt)? Didn't catch his name and can't, for the life of me, remember/recognise him! :notworthy:

Calum Milne :thumbsup:

oconnors_strip
10-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I doubt vary much that the tache's budget would stretch to Grant's appearance fees - better to stick to developing promising young DJs anyway - as is the Hibs way.

Sounds like a brilliant night though -thanks for sharing it :top marks

grant stott does pre/post match hosting in hospitality at easter road, but im sure we could get him to do one off games as match announcer, eg, against the ****bos:greengrin

macca70
10-06-2010, 12:10 AM
has anyone got pics or vids?

Got a few vids, can't see much but should be able to hear.

Just need to work out how to upload them :)

just back from after gig party in Hudson, fantastic night :)

NaeTechnoHibby
10-06-2010, 12:12 AM

Nice???

Nah, it was big fat Blonde wummin wi a face like a melted welly. Could of been her Ma.....................should've asked :grr:

:rolleyes: :bitchy:

grant stott does pre/post match hosting in hospitality at easter road, but im sure we could get him to do one off games as match announcer, eg, against the ****bos:greengrin

Nah! Let's leave that to them, we have a proper Radio DJ person liked by all for what he does best, with class :agree: