PDA

View Full Version : Garry O'connor

HibbyAndy
09-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Seen him and his wee laddie Near Dunbar who was kitted out in the hibs strip with " Oconnor" On the back:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Said awrite to him and he said awrite pal back..Was gonna ask him the million dollar question but shat it :hilarious

Petrie's Tache
09-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Seen him and his wee laddie Near Dunbar who was kitted out in the hibs strip with " Oconnor" On the back:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Said awrite to him and he said awrite pal back..Was gonna ask him the million dollar question but shat it :hilarious

Should have asked if you should get Oconnor on the back of yours! Did his laddie have a number on his top?:devil:

HibbyAndy
09-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Should have asked if you should get Oconnor on the back of yours! Did his laddie have a number on his top?:devil:

:greengrin

Nae number just oconnor..Pretty sure Garry used to stay at Port Seton, Probably visiting his ma :greengrin

3pm
09-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Dinnae think you should be asking Garry the question Andy lad. It's for Petrie to take up with Dalkeith Demolition!

down-the-slope
09-06-2010, 07:05 PM

What vintage ? :rolleyes:

Niffy
09-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Gary still has his house/mansion/castle in thon private Whitekirk estate. Delivered a PC in there recently and he was outside.

Dunbar Hibee
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
He was in Dunbar swimming pool the other day. He said he was signing for Celtic to one of the staff...

ionahibby
09-06-2010, 08:51 PM
He was in Dunbar swimming pool the other day. He said he was signing for Celtic to one of the staff...

i pray thats not true:grr:
Did you hear him say it?

Danderhall Hibs
09-06-2010, 08:55 PM

Did he not just sign an extension with Birmingham?

ionahibby
09-06-2010, 09:01 PM

Correct forgot about that remember reading that somewhere , phew the thought of him in a celtic strip :sick:

booshsutton
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Garry has a place out at Archerfield near Dirleton, seen hom out there a few times...he nearly run me over in his Hummer about a year ago, rolled down the window and apologised, I said "no problem and when are you coming home to hibs?" Flashed me a big grin and laughed a bit then drove off....

About a year later it might not be as rediculous as it seemed back then:thumbsup:

MacBean
09-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Nae number just oconnor..Pretty sure Garry used to stay at Port Seton, Probably visiting his ma :greengrin

:agree:

really close mates with my cousin growing up as a lad, has kept in touch with him lately but has kept his lips tightly shut about a transfer so doesn't sound good. He told him about Russia and Brum without hesitation :grr:

hibs is life
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
iv heard he has been trainning at east mains

Reaper
09-06-2010, 11:27 PM

From what I've heard, it wouldn't be a waste of Money.

(Source, he goes out with my cousin, but I didn't hear it from her)

bingo70
10-06-2010, 12:27 AM

Nut, think he's been offered a new deal but not signed it yet.

sad ******* that i am, i was looking at one of there fans website and they were saying the deal they offered him was a pay as you play deal so they didn't expect him to sign it, they were surprised he was even offered it.

bighairyfaeleith
10-06-2010, 05:38 AM
From what I've heard, it wouldn't be a waste of Money.

(Source, he goes out with my cousin, but I didn't hear it from her)

So is she your source or not then:confused:

ggth
10-06-2010, 07:35 AM

I heard that also, from someone close to him, I was asking for him they could have bit their tongue off when he said he was training. that was over a week ago :thumbsup:

shearer1981
10-06-2010, 08:50 AM
O'Connor has a house at Archerfield in East Lothian and loads family there, so no major surprise to see him. From what I heard Hibs were offered to match B'hams deal and Petrie soiled himself when he heard the amount!

Reaper
10-06-2010, 08:58 AM
So is she your source or not then:confused:

No

MrRobot
10-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Pretty sure his brother lives in Dunbar.

From what I've heard, he wants to sign but he also wants a promise we'll keep a good team around him.

Riordans Boots
10-06-2010, 09:46 AM

From what I've heard, he wants to sign but he also wants a promise we'll keep a good team around him.

I think he only has a sister :confused:

Reaper
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM

Spot on! He wants to know what other signings are coming also and what kind of ambition they have to challenge the infirm. Burton O'Brien will no doubt impress him :grr:

skipster7
10-06-2010, 09:52 AM

your right andy,his folks are still there and his dad still goes to every home game.
get it sorted PETRIE :grr:

Dunbar Hibee
10-06-2010, 09:59 AM
It's his cousin who stays in Dunbar. I won't say too much but he's not the most pleasant person in the town...

Dunbar Hibee
10-06-2010, 10:00 AM
i pray thats not true:grr:
Did you hear him say it?

He did say it, it was one of my pals who asked him! Hopefully he was on the wind up and this was misinterpreted!

MacBean
10-06-2010, 10:11 AM
I am informed that hibs are now in talks about a possible loan deal for both Garry and Murphy.

This is from a source that has provided me news about Yogi/Stokes/Miller in the past.

Dr Jimmy
10-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I am informed that hibs are now in talks about a possible loan deal for both Garry and Murphy.

This is from a source that has provided me news about Yogi/Stokes/Miller in the past.

Seems a bit strange that they would offer O'Connor a new contract and then let him go on loan. Hope you are correct about both though.

MacBean
10-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Seems a bit strange that they would offer O'Connor a new contract and then let him go on loan. Hope you are correct about both though.
my thoughts exactly!

Disclaimer:
I am only passing on info i am given like most people on here. not claiming that I know anything but have spoken to someone who does have very strong connections at hibs.

Dr Jimmy
10-06-2010, 10:19 AM
my thoughts exactly!

Disclaimer:
I am only passing on info i am given like most people on here. not claiming that I know anything but have spoken to someone who does have very strong connections at hibs.

No probs........ and I hope your source is correct, as they would be great signings.

frazeHFC
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM

They maybe give him a new contract, loan him out to a team where he will get first team football, Europe and could be noticed, then hopefully for them teams with more money than us will bid for him? That's what i do on FM anyway :wink:

Jack
10-06-2010, 10:44 AM

Maybe not that strange.

From what has been said here;

He’s crocked, probably not able to be fit enough to play until after the start of the season.

His contract offer from BC is pay as you play.

If he comes to Hibs we’ll be responsible for his rehabilitation at no [???] cost to BC.

While he gets back to [match] fitness he’s ‘hindering’ our team and not BC.

If he has a relapse its no real concern for BC.

If all goes well BC get a player ready to hit the ground running at the turn of the year.

Isn’t Murphy in pretty much convalescing too? Great for Hibs – 2 of 11 players who haven’t played for the best part of a year and when they are up to speed they're hooked back to BC.

If we’re lucky we’ll get 2 or 3 games where they are 100%. Would that make up for maybe a dozen games where they were not fully fit?

It would be great to have them back as Hibs players but a complete and utter waste of time and effort for Hibs if what I’m picking up is close to the truth.

MrRobot
10-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I think he only has a sister :confused:

Possibly his cousin then. I just know that it's a guy and he's related to him, more of a presumption it was his brother. :dizzy:

Hope it's true and he signs. Show major ambition from the board. If we got him, Murphy, Koegh and a RB I would be very happy.

Probably won't happen, but it would be awesome. :cool2:

jacomo
10-06-2010, 07:46 PM

Not sure you can read too much into this, if true.

If he's back home during his holidays, he'll no doubt have been given a fitness regime by the Birmingham physio. It would make sense that he'd ask to train at East Mains... it's the best facility in the area.

cockneymike
11-06-2010, 09:00 AM
Maybe not that strange.

From what has been said here;

He’s crocked, probably not able to be fit enough to play until after the start of the season.

His contract offer from BC is pay as you play.

If he comes to Hibs we’ll be responsible for his rehabilitation at no [???] cost to BC.

While he gets back to [match] fitness he’s ‘hindering’ our team and not BC.

If he has a relapse its no real concern for BC.

If all goes well BC get a player ready to hit the ground running at the turn of the year.

Isn’t Murphy in pretty much convalescing too? Great for Hibs – 2 of 11 players who haven’t played for the best part of a year and when they are up to speed they're hooked back to BC.

If we’re lucky we’ll get 2 or 3 games where they are 100%. Would that make up for maybe a dozen games where they were not fully fit?

It would be great to have them back as Hibs players but a complete and utter waste of time and effort for Hibs if what I’m picking up is close to the truth.

I can see what you're saying the only thing would be for Hibs to try and perhaps agree a fixed price to buy one, or both of them at, come Jan say. With O'Connor on a 1 yr deal, if what's on here is accurate that might work out well, and allow us to jump the queue ahead of other suitors come the summer.

That's assuming either/ both would want to come back on a permanent deal. O'Connor I could just about understand, but Murphy I'd be surprised. I could see him doing well in the Championship on much better money than we could pay, and I'm not aware of any other ties to Edinburgh other than his time at Hibs.