PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Hands Off Hibs

Frazerbob
09-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Anyone getting updates on tonights events for those of us who couldn't make it?

Petrie's Tache
09-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Could have but forgot to ask!

Www1875hfc
09-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Got a txt saying, great seats,atmosphere is tremendous,the hairs oan ma neck are standin up :thumbsup:

Westie1875
09-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Are they going to make a dvd?

I reckon they'd make loads on that of they did and sold it in the club shop?

HH81
09-06-2010, 07:00 PM
Are they going to make a dvd?

I reckon they'd make loads on that of they did and sold it in the club shop?

I was just about to post this, a DVD would be class :thumbsup:

Www1875hfc
09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Just a few names that are in attendance.
John Hughes,Gareth Evans,Paul Kane,Craig Brewster,John'o'Neil,Stephen Glass,Stuart Lovell,Jackie Mac snr,Pat Stanton..

HibbyAndy
09-06-2010, 07:14 PM
John Hughes,Gareth Evans,Paul Kane,Craig Brewster,John'o'Neil,Stephen Glass,Stuart Lovell,Jackie Mac snr,Pat Stanton..

Nice yin Wull :aok:

Love the Green
09-06-2010, 07:21 PM

Does King Pat have his Crown on.

"keep the faith"

HarpyHibby
09-06-2010, 07:39 PM
Dad text me saying it's bouncing and that he's in tears with the memories! Wish I had went now!!

Riordans Boots
09-06-2010, 07:45 PM
Dad text me saying it's bouncing and that he's in tears with the memories! Wish I had went now!!

There will be a bigger venue for the 25th Anniversary :agree: and we'll aw be there :agree:

Lofarl
09-06-2010, 08:20 PM
Im kicking myself for no getting a ticket earlier. Left it too late :grr::grr::grr:

bigstu
09-06-2010, 08:27 PM
dodgy band on at the moment but so far it's top class, great atmos! alex miller & murdo have been on with the skol cup. Sir tom came to the stage & addressed us & got a great reception. if your not here then your missing out, great night, emotional for many! The place will go mental for the proclaimers

ionahibby
09-06-2010, 08:35 PM
kicking myself i left it to late to get a ticket :boo hoo:

Lofarl
09-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Cmon we want vids and pics and stories

Jonnyboy
09-06-2010, 09:18 PM
Im kicking myself for no getting a ticket earlier. Left it too late :grr::grr::grr:

kicking myself i left it to late to get a ticket :boo hoo:

Why not get together and kick each other instead? :greengrin

MacBean
09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
Why not get together and kick each other instead? :greengrin

:faf:

:top marks

silverhibee
09-06-2010, 10:06 PM
What time does it finish at tonight.

Jamie
09-06-2010, 10:07 PM
It will be finished now.

Lofarl
09-06-2010, 10:12 PM
Right gies a look at sum pics plz

jordanhibs1
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
just back was absolutely amazing ,

the whole place was bouncing for the proclaimers :thumbsup:.

Badge
09-06-2010, 10:57 PM
What time does it finish at tonight.

Finished about 11.15. It was brilliant. Proclaimers were superb.

Calvin
09-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Just on the bus home now. An absolutely immense evening.

Grant Stott talked us through HOH and the period from 1990-1995 incorporating the Skol Cup win. Murdo and Alex came on with the cup. After Grant finished talking, STF came on to a standing ovation.

The 10:04s came on next and were very good. Grant talked us through 1995-1999 before Eric Davidson came on who was really pretty funny.

Fish sang Kayleigh and Lucky next and, while his voice isn't what it once was, I still enjoyed it.

2000-2004 came next along with the 6-2 and AEK highlights which was great. Another dire band followed that, I forgot their name. Bill Barclay followed that who was pretty poor. Not unfunny but not an original joke in there. Rod Petrie spoke briefly after that before the last few highlights including the CIS win. Then loads of former and dome current players were presented, Boozy to notable ecstasy.

The Proclaimers finished off the night with a great set: Notes and Rhymes, Lets Get Married, Letter From America, Over and Done With, Sean, Then I Met You, Theres a Touch, Sunshine on Leith, Im Gonna Be encored with the Joyful Kilmarnock Blues before a finishing whole cast rendition of GGTTH.

Someone with a better memory or who is more sober might want to fill in the blanks, but all in all it was an absolutely superb night.

Jamesie
09-06-2010, 11:06 PM
It was an evening that will live on in the memory for years to come - absolutely brilliant.

lyonhibs
09-06-2010, 11:08 PM
That was ****ing class - can't believe I almost missed out through laziness!!!

Particular highlights for me were the reception Tom Farmer got and his subsequent speech. Anyone who thinks he's not a fully committed Hibs man nowadays wants to watch that speech and readjust their opinions radically.

Kenny McLean's grandson near enough had me in tears, and the general atmosphere was brilliant. There was a moment where there was a spontaneous chorus of "Hail Hail" and I pretty much knew that The Proclaimers were going to be immense - and they were.

"Sunshine on Leith" near enough took the roof off the Usher Hall.

Only slight low points were a couple of mungos that decided to boo during John Collin's recorded message, but I guess it takes all sorts.

All in all, an evening to make you glad and thankful that you're a Hibby, and that you still have such a great club to support :agree: :agree:

Jamesie
09-06-2010, 11:10 PM

I think the footballs kicked into the crowd by players / former players may have taken a couple of chips off the interior and ceiling :greengrin

jabis
09-06-2010, 11:23 PM
Was talking to Yogi in the NCP carpark(joke of a company)

me-"who we going to sign"

Yogi-points to Stevie Crawford "Hey Stevie,who we signing from East Fife again?"

you heard it here first :greengrin

ronaldo7
09-06-2010, 11:37 PM
Bill Barclay... ah the old ones are the best eh:greengrin

Very good Bill:thumbsup:

HibeeMcGinn1
09-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Just home... An absolutly amazing night. Was almost in tears about ten times. SOL was simply outstanding, thought they would have ended with that though but Joyful Kilmarnock was great. Loved seeing boozy there tonight. And to see Ian Murray, Deeko (dancing on the balcony), Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie singing along to Glory Glory just made me so proud to be a Hibee. God Bless The Hibs.

monktonharp
10-06-2010, 12:10 AM
fantastic night tonight! my wife and I were amazed at how good the proclaimers were,as we'd never heard them live,and heard from someone not to expect too much.they were loud,brash,in yer face and absolutely brilliant.Barclay was good,they 10-04's were young guys,and mair suited for young guys but good.the other band were the bum cocks:rolleyes: but maybe better in a wee venue. great evening,and so glad I went. my mate tried to gie me a ticket to the "players" bar,in the west end,I knocked it back as he was utterly pished,and canny see him having got in.

The Harp Awakes
10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Just home... An absolutly amazing night. Was almost in tears about ten times. SOL was simply outstanding, thought they would have ended with that though but Joyful Kilmarnock was great. Loved seeing boozy there tonight. And to see Ian Murray, Deeko (dancing on the balcony), Sir Tom Farmer and Rod Petrie singing along to Glory Glory just made me so proud to be a Hibee. God Bless The Hibs.

Deek was standing just along from me. He'd certainly had a few jars but he was enjoying himself
belting out the Hibees anthems:thumbsup:

SteveHFC
10-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Fantastic Night :notworthy:

Monts
10-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Spare a thought for us folks that couldnt make it :boo hoo:

Sounds like a fantastic night. Im gutted I wasnt there. The proclaimers set sounds perfect, since Joyful Kilmarnock Blues is my all time favourite.

Must've been awesome having so many hibees just partying together! :notworthy:

Removed
10-06-2010, 01:21 AM
Cmon we want vids and pics and stories

Highlight for me was Blackpool Hibs dancing moves in the aisle during the Proclaimers :thumbsup:

Removed
10-06-2010, 01:26 AM

Removed
10-06-2010, 01:30 AM

:scarf: :singing: :partyhibb

Moulin Yarns
10-06-2010, 05:16 AM
I was just about to post this, a DVD would be class :thumbsup:

could we have a Blu ray for the HD quality please :wink:

lyonhibs
10-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Margo MacDonald on stage at the beginning, despite her maybe not being in the absolute best of health, tugged on the ol' heartstrings as well.

blackpoolhibs
10-06-2010, 08:43 AM
Highlight for me was Blackpool Hibs dancing moves in the aisle during the Proclaimers :thumbsup:

Just woken up,that was the best night ever. Tears at the beginning, and sheer joy at the end, with some laughs in the middle. And yes me throwing some shapes. :thumbsup: Sore head today though, never got in the hotel until 3ish. :cheers:

Wembley67
10-06-2010, 11:13 AM
Great wee updates/stories guys...I'm presuming this is a stick on for the vault :cool2:

Peevemor
10-06-2010, 11:25 AM
Report here.

http://sport.scotsman.com/hibernianfc/Hibs-celebrate-survival-spirit.6353134.jp

zelda
10-06-2010, 11:40 AM
One of the greatest nights to be a hibby.
Absolutely fantastic night.:thumbsup::agree:

Phil D. Rolls
10-06-2010, 12:21 PM
I see the EEN site has been inflitrated by Yams, desperate as ever to remind us they still exist as well.
For the time being anyway.

They are like the older who tries to ruin their younger siblings birthday party because they are jealous. I'm sure there will be a story about low fat pies in later editions of the paper.

Billy McKirdy
10-06-2010, 01:25 PM
An unforgetable night, amazing. I had to rush off just before the encore (Joyful Kilmarnock Blues/GGTHH) to get the last bus home as I was working at 5 this morning, Im just in from work now and just about to upload the video and pics from my wee camera to my pc, I might do a compilation for my YouTube and post here.

I thought all the performers and speakers were first class, felt sorry for Fish as his voice is obviously still recovering from his cancer scare, but he tried.
The comedians were excellent, the bands also, It took me a while to figure out that the lead singer of the Bum Clocks was none other than Tam Deanburn, a cross between Alex Harvey and Iggy Pop, very bizzare but good. And what can you say about Craig & Charlie that hasn't already been said :thumbsup:

Surpised no-one has mentioned Eddie Turnbull and Laurie Reilly.

Sir Tom, Margo, Kenny McLean's grandson and the Tache. I salute you all.

And it wouldnt have been the night is was without the incomparable Grant Stott :greengrin

As for us Hibs fans, apart from one or two moments (John Collins video message) We were different class. So proud to support the best team in the world this afternoon.

Thanks Hibs :top marks

Barney McGrew
10-06-2010, 01:38 PM
I see the EEN site has been inflitrated by Yams, desperate as ever to remind us they still exist as well.

They are like the older who tries to ruin their younger siblings birthday party because they are jealous. I'm sure there will be a story about low fat pies in later editions of the paper.

I hear that they're organising their own star studded yam version of last night at the moment.

Stephen Hendry will play a four hour exhibition snooker match, while Cicero sings his one and only hit in the background for the duration.

George Foulkes will be available to sign autographs in the the bar all night until he is incapable of holding a pen any more.

poolman
10-06-2010, 02:16 PM

They dont do irony FR

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/74245-eeeugh-dont-touch-them-hands-off/

Since1875
10-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Sounds like a cracking night.
For those who were not there does anyone know if there will be a DVD of the night brought out? Sounds like it could be a big seller!!! Anyone see any cameras? By the sounds of it im sure a lot of the hibbys that were there would snap them up too!!

PISTOL1875
10-06-2010, 02:37 PM
What did Tom Farmer have to say ???

zosohibee
10-06-2010, 04:11 PM
Ha, we dont have to put them out of business they're taking care of that themselves
:lolyam:

greenlex
10-06-2010, 06:18 PM
He said he has never been a hibs fan never will be and will sell as soon as someone offers what he wants. He said - mon the money :grr:

s club 7-0
10-06-2010, 06:21 PM
[QUOTE=Calvino;2489609]Bill Barclay followed that who was pretty poor. Not unfunny but not an original joke in there.

Bit harsh mate, everyone around us thought he was hilarious but I would say that. :wink:

Chuckie
10-06-2010, 06:28 PM

'He's deed'

Albanian Hibs
10-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Sounded like a night to remember. I am so proud to be a Hibee :notworthy:

The Harp
10-06-2010, 06:56 PM
What a night!!! For virtually the first couple of hours I had tears in my eyes (thank God the lights were turned down low:wink:)
Musically - I thought there was something to appeal to the different age groups present and a lot of good (and old) gags from the 2 comics - I even laughed at Bill Barclay's jokes! The Proclaimers didn't disappoint - as always. And all the profits going to two good causes. Well done to all those involved in organising a super show.
In true Hibee fashion ... Grant Stott announced, near the end, that the Usher Hall bar had recorded its biggest ever takings!!! :greengrin

Chuckie
10-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Some grainy footage here..
I'm reticent to post this as the quality doesn't do the event justice, but I think there will be people who may like it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LVoNjEdpTM

Lofarl
10-06-2010, 07:09 PM
Thanks mate. Seemed amazing

.Sean.
10-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Utterly OUTSTANDING night. Best night i've had in ages. Indeed it was one of the best night out i've ever had, and i've had some crackers. A big well done to all involved :agree:

Grant Stott was a superb host. Rodders should seriously try and get him intsalled as our match-day announcer. Had a superb wee 'dig' at his brother John Leslie. Those who were there will know what i'm referring to!!

Very emotional speeches from Margo McDonald and Kenny McLean's grandson. I'm sure a lot of folk, myself included, actually had a tear in their eye. Great listening to them.

Fantastic speeches from Rod Petrie and Sir Tom Farmer. They both of course received exceptional ovations, and rightly so. There can be no doubt that although STF may not be seen as a 'Football Man' he is 110% a Hibs man.

After the negativity on here towards Alex Miller it was nice to see him get a good reception. Also great to see Murdo back on his feet after his recent health scare. He seems to be very fond of the club. really enjoyed listening to the pair of them.

The first comedian, Eric Davidson? was brilliant. Bill Barclay was very good too.

The 10:04's were perhaps not what the older attendees were expecting but they were ****ing superb. Loved them and their set was awesome. I'll certainly be off to see them and i'll hopefully get my hands on a demo if possible.

Didn't really see much of The Bumclocks. I saw them support Pete Doherty last year and they didn't appeal to me. I went for a pish and a couple pints instead, as did lots of folk.

Fish was okay. Not heard very much of his music but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

As for The Proclaimers.... Wow. Absolutely immense. Brilliant set. Even played MY song... :cool2: They were brilliant. Sunshine on Leith was, quite simply, something else.

The end was excellent, all the acts were brought back on stage. Players from past and present were also introduced to the audience. They included Calum Milne, Ross Chisolm, Lewis Stevenson, Craig Brewster, Stevie Crawford, Stephen Glass, Eddie Turnbull, Lawrie Reilly, Darren Jackson, Paul Kane, Allan Sneddon, Gordon Hunter, Ian Murray, Derek Riordan and Yogi. There were loads more, i'm sure somebody could compile a full list.

My pal got loads of videos, i'll post links to them when he uploads them. I'll be the steaming laddie in the grey polo!! Enjoyed myself. I think towards the end of the show the majority of us were a wee bit merry!! I also had a cracking view. Bang in the middle of the very back row, upper stall. Was anybody nearby?

As i've said it was a tremendous night. You certainly missed out if you didn't attend. Hopefully a DVD will be released. It's a show like last night that makes you realise just how much the club actually means to so many people.

The show was class. Hibs Class.

:singing: ''While the Chief'' :scarf:

Chuckie
10-06-2010, 07:19 PM
Go on have a greet..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdnoqeK6dMQ

Chuckie
10-06-2010, 07:24 PM
The end was excellent, all the acts were brought back on stage. Players from past and present were also introduced to the audience. They included Calum Milne, Ross Chisolm, Lewis Stevenson, Craig Brewster, Stevie Crawford, Stephen Glass, Eddie Turnbull, Lawrie Reilly, Darren Jackson, Paul Kane, Allan Sneddon, Gordon Hunter, Ian Murray, Derek Riordan and Yogi. There were loads more, i'm sure somebody could compile a full list.

Boozy, Paul Haddow and Johnny Tracey from the 10:04's.

http://www.myspace.com/the1004s

Biff Tannen
10-06-2010, 08:06 PM
Utterly OUTSTANDING night. Best night i've had in ages. Indeed it was one of the best night out i've ever had, and i've had some crackers. A big well done to all involved :agree:

Grant Stott was a superb host. Rodders should seriously try and get him intsalled as our match-day announcer. Had a superb wee 'dig' at his brother John Leslie. Those who were there will know what i'm referring to!!

Very emotional speeches from Margo McDonald and Kenny McLean's grandson. I'm sure a lot of folk, myself included, actually had a tear in their eye. Great listening to them.

Fantastic speeches from Rod Petrie and Sir Tom Farmer. They both of course received exceptional ovations, and rightly so. There can be no doubt that although STF may not be seen as a 'Football Man' he is 110% a Hibs man.

After the negativity on here towards Alex Miller it was nice to see him get a good reception. Also great to see Murdo back on his feet after his recent health scare. He seems to be very fond of the club. really enjoyed listening to the pair of them.

The first comedian, Eric Davidson? was brilliant. Bill Barclay was very good too.

The 10:04's were perhaps not what the older attendees were expecting but they were ****ing superb. Loved them and their set was awesome. I'll certainly be off to see them and i'll hopefully get my hands on a demo if possible.

Didn't really see much of The Bumclocks. I saw them support Pete Doherty last year and they didn't appeal to me. I went for a pish and a couple pints instead, as did lots of folk.

Fish was okay. Not heard very much of his music but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

As for The Proclaimers.... Wow. Absolutely immense. Brilliant set. Even played MY song... :cool2: They were brilliant. Sunshine on Leith was, quite simply, something else.

My pal got loads of videos, i'll post links to them when he uploads them. I'll be the steaming laddie in the grey polo!! Enjoyed myself. I think towards the end of the show the majority of us were a wee bit merry!! I also had a cracking view. Bang in the middle of the very back row, upper stall. Was anybody nearby?

As i've said it was a tremendous night. You certainly missed out if you didn't attend. Hopefully a DVD will be released. It's a show like last night that makes you realise just how much the club actually means to so many people.

The show was class. Hibs Class.

:singing: ''While the Chief'' :scarf:

Cheers man really appreciate that, PM me your address and i'll send one oot:wink:

Had one of the best times of my life last night, was mental mixing it with hibs legend, before Tom Farmer went oot i was beside him as we were on next (no a hard act to follow then) and he winked at me and then gave me his Evening News he hud on him! That will be getting kept:agree:along wi the old hibs 70s top signed that i wangled!!!

Goin on stage was John O'neills fault, me and johnny were bevvyed and he gave us a baw each and telt us tae come on haha!!Volleyed mine in the 2nd tier! Good craic as were all the players, deeks was reekin and Boozy said i looked like Joe Cole!haha aye a wee fat yin.

I got to watch The Proclaimers from the back of the stage through the curtain and have to say it was the most amazing thing and i feel privileged to have been able to do that. The whole place was buzzing and the crowd was simply soooooperb and its amazing to be a fan of the world greatest club:notworthy:

GGTTH

Removed
10-06-2010, 10:18 PM
500 Miles from last night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQNtBoEuNU)

YouTube been pretty slow uploading and my SoL failed so trying again with that and some others. Will post links later.

Carheenlea
10-06-2010, 10:41 PM
500 Miles from last night (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQNtBoEuNU)

YouTube been pretty slow uploading and my SoL failed so trying again with that and some others. Will post links later.

Look forward to seeing the others, that one was excellent! I forgot the camera, but the upper circle would not have been the best for footage.

(Think Hibs missed a trick by not setting up a stall selling season tickets at the end, any non ST holders present would surely have signed up there and then such was the emotion and pride after a magnificent night...:greengrin)

Carheenlea
10-06-2010, 10:59 PM
The one man we will forever be indebted to is this fellow, for simply not being a Hibby... The Bum Clocks were shall we say, a tad eccentric, but imagine if this was on the bill...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcrGnFjRXrs&feature=player_embedded#!

madabouthibs
10-06-2010, 11:17 PM
I've got an 11 minute vid going on the tube now, I wanna spend my life with you, SoL, and 500 miles.
Great night last night, only gripe I had was I couldn't see the big screen from my seat at the front right! I'm writing to Petrie about this right now.... :grr:
Mean't I had to stand up the aisle a bit, bummer.... :greengrin

I meant ot buy a T shirt when I left, but forgot. Anyone wknow if I can get one elsewhere?

Chuckie
10-06-2010, 11:41 PM
I think Grant Stott did an excellent job last night, clearly under pressure from Usher Hall staff about going over the allocated time.

I'm not a fan of his radio show, and while one appreciates a radio dj must be loquacious his voice does my chebs in.

I've a new found respect for the man as he obviously loves our great football club.

While Farmer, Petrie and The Proclaimers were the main attractions, the Hibby spirit was there in everyone last night, and the energy and positivity about the club was electric, spellbinding and ****ing so exciting.

Ours is a club heading for great things, and we should all be moist with anticipation for the future. The not too far away future of European Football in our completed stadium.

This is the real deal.

Glory Glory.

Glory Glory To The Hibees.

hibbybrian
11-06-2010, 06:33 AM
The one man we will forever be indebted to is this fellow, for simply not being a Hibby...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcrGnFjRXrs&feature=player_embedded#!

he's a visionary - this has the makings of a good requiem from a jambo after Vlad's work is finally done :greengrin

You made me feel jealous, you made me so mad
But now that it's over I'm feeling so glad
Sense has found me for once in my life
And now pain has faded all I see is the light

Badge
11-06-2010, 07:16 AM
I think Grant Stott did an excellent job last night, clearly under pressure from Usher Hall staff about going over the allocated time.

I'm not a fan of his radio show, and while one appreciates a radio dj must be loquacious his voice does my chebs in.

I've a new found respect for the man as he obviously loves our great football club.

While Farmer, Petrie and The Proclaimers were the main attractions, the Hibby spirit was there in everyone last night, and the energy and positivity about the club was electric, spellbinding and ****ing so exciting.

Ours is a club heading for great things, and we should all be moist with anticipation for the future. The not too far away future of European Football in our completed stadium.

This is the real deal.

Glory Glory.

Glory Glory To The Hibees.

:top marks

Removed
11-06-2010, 08:05 AM
Here we go with some vids. Hope there is an official DVD with all the speeches and comedians for those that couldn't make it.

:top marks To the organisers and sponsors. Grant Stott does mention them in one of the clips below, and :thumbsup:to Grant for taking us through the story, it was a great night.

Players on stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCaSkrL0YA) (missed the first few being announced Alan Sneddon, Steven Tweed, Calum Milne, Joe Tortolano, Gordon Hunter, Gareth Evans, Mickey Weir)

I'm on my way (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td_L1ZKgnNA)

Life with you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKv0XwIxCY) (Watch for Chuckie bouncing on the balcony about 2:18 :partyhibband Blackpool Hibs - no bad for an old gadgie :wink:)

Sunshine on Leith (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdFDUmtT4N8)

500 Miles (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXQNtBoEuNU)

Killie Blues & GGTTH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMUAQdEyFdg)

woodythehibee
11-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Here we go with some vids. Hope there is an official DVD with all the speeches and comedians for those that couldn't make it.

:top marks To the organisers and sponsors. Grant Stott does mention them in one of the clips below, and :thumbsup:to Grant for taking us through the story, it was a great night.

Players on stage (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYCaSkrL0YA) (missed the first few being announced Alan Sneddon, Steven Tweed, Calum Milne, Joe Tortolano, Gordon Hunter, Gareth Evans, Mickey Weir)

Life with you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCKv0XwIxCY) (Watch for Chuckie bouncing on the balcony about 2:18 :partyhibband Blackpool Hibs - no bad for an old gadgie :wink:)

fantastic vids! Seriously makes you so proud to be a hibby.

I love Hibernian :flag:

legends of 73
11-06-2010, 10:24 AM

thanks for that billy:top marks:top marks

Chuckie
11-06-2010, 11:56 AM

Yes I can certainly move for a middle aged man.

:rolleyes:

Billy McKirdy
11-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Hands Off Hibs videos
Here's my efforts..I was up in the gods so the view was not so great however here they are...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwG8bpVkkzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9DZLu7REvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqQCGd8X8c

I couldnt decide what to leave out so I kept it all in.
there is a fourth clip but it'll have to wait till YouTube is quicker an that...:confused:

Hibercelona
11-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Hibernian FC

Great club, great fans, great history, great future. :boo hoo:

GIRFUY Hearts! :brokenyam:

DarlingtonHibee
11-06-2010, 06:53 PM
Hibernian FC

Great club, great fans, great history, great future. :boo hoo:

GIRFUY Hearts! :brokenyam:

What a night, still recovering !!

Well done to everyone that attended, for me it was the "Hibs" family night ....

Sir Tom and Rod were fantastic.

Met up with Mr Cropley later for a beer - legend, and a lovely guy.

So proud to be a Hibee :thumbsup:

ArabHibee
11-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Good vids 65bd

H18sry
11-06-2010, 09:14 PM

Brilliant Billy I've just facebooked them mate :wink:

The Harp
11-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Saw Pat O'Flaherty the owner of Xile Clothing, the sponsor of the show. He was looking good today, striding out along Chambers Street in the same special Hibs top worn on the night by the Proclaimers.
Just want to say a big 'Well Done' to Pat for his part in making the night one to remember. And he's an old St Anthony's boy too.:thumbsup:

Billy McKirdy
12-06-2010, 04:31 AM
Here's all four videos I done

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwG8bpVkkzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9DZLu7REvU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKqQCGd8X8c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k89ybVyMwCA

GGTTH :greengrin

Lucky_Jim
12-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Cheers man really appreciate that, PM me your address and i'll send one oot:wink:

Had one of the best times of my life last night, was mental mixing it with hibs legend, before Tom Farmer went oot i was beside him as we were on next (no a hard act to follow then) and he winked at me and then gave me his Evening News he hud on him! That will be getting kept:agree:along wi the old hibs 70s top signed that i wangled!!!

Goin on stage was John O'neills fault, me and johnny were bevvyed and he gave us a baw each and telt us tae come on haha!!Volleyed mine in the 2nd tier! Good craic as were all the players, deeks was reekin and Boozy said i looked like Joe Cole!haha aye a wee fat yin.

I got to watch The Proclaimers from the back of the stage through the curtain and have to say it was the most amazing thing and i feel privileged to have been able to do that. The whole place was buzzing and the crowd was simply soooooperb and its amazing to be a fan of the world greatest club:notworthy:

GGTTH

Just wanted to say how much I enjoyed your set mate. Thought your performance was brilliant and I'll defo be looking out for your upcoming gigs.

Musta been an amazing feeling, as a group of Hibees (you all Hibees?), to be involved in that night?

Leithenhibby
13-06-2010, 07:48 AM
That was ****ing class - can't believe I almost missed out through laziness!!!

Particular highlights for me were the reception Tom Farmer got and his subsequent speech. Anyone who thinks he's not a fully committed Hibs man nowadays wants to watch that speech and readjust their opinions radically.

Kenny McLean's grandson near enough had me in tears, and the general atmosphere was brilliant. There was a moment where there was a spontaneous chorus of "Hail Hail" and I pretty much knew that The Proclaimers were going to be immense - and they were.

Only slight low points were a couple of mungos that decided to boo during John Collin's recorded message, but I guess it takes all sorts.

All in all, an evening to make you glad and thankful that you're a Hibby, and that you still have such a great club to support :agree: :agree:

I missed this due to work commitments, but it has to be said that it sounds as if it was a belter of a night.. Next time for sure.. :cool2:

BullbreedHFC
13-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Looks like you all had a great time, christ I was getting all emotional just watching the clips from you tube :boo hoo::notworthy: GGTTH :greengrin

therealgavmac
13-06-2010, 02:24 PM

Thanks millions Billy - magical stuff. Like many many Hibbies I was not fortunate enough to be there - but, despite all the p1sh thats sometimes spouted on here, despite the doom and gloomers that sometimes surface, whether there are accusations of happy clappers/glory hunters etc etc - THIS evening is why we are Hibbies and we are proud,

While the Chief,,,,,,

GGTTH

Berwickhibby
13-06-2010, 05:13 PM
It was a fantastic evening, one I was proud to be part off GGTTH :flag:

Judas Iscariot
19-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Gutted I missed this :boo hoo:

Hopefully a DVD will be released :pray:

:notworthy: