PDA

View Full Version : NHC Anyone been to Swinton?

Sergey
08-06-2010, 08:55 PM
I need some accommodation recommendations and advice on decent boozers to watch the WC next week.

Adv[thanks]ance

Seanair
08-06-2010, 09:01 PM
I need some accommodation recommendations and advice on decent boozers to watch the WC next week.

Adv[thanks]ance

Swinton in Berwickshire? Has a good pub/hotel.

Or do you mean SWINDON? Can't help there, sorry.

Removed
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Mibbe Swinton in Manchester

Sergey
08-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Mibbe Swinton in Manchester

That's the place :agree:

Mr Magoo
08-06-2010, 09:59 PM
my honda has

Mr Magoo
08-06-2010, 10:02 PM
And before somebody replys the Honda is made in Swindon not Swinton Awwwwwwwwh Yes:thumbsup:

HH81
09-06-2010, 07:20 AM
i have its not the best place. I only went for the rugby though.

heretoday
09-06-2010, 08:02 AM
It's Salford, isn't it?

HibbyDave
09-06-2010, 10:28 AM
Went to manchester last season for Man City game. Spent two days being despised for being Scottish after the friendly visit given to Manchester by the Huns Uefa Cup tribe.

Booked hotel Travellodge in city centre -Cheap and central but not sure how far to Swinton area. Just don't let on you have Scottish affinity!

Sandy
09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Went to manchester last season for Man City game. Spent two days being despised for being Scottish after the friendly visit given to Manchester by the Huns Uefa Cup tribe.

Booked hotel Travellodge in city centre -Cheap and central but not sure how far to Swinton area. Just don't let on you have Scottish affinity!

I was there 5 months after said 'event' and didn't have any bother at all, I did apologise and say that I was disgusted with the hun's behaviour at every opportunity though :agree:.

LancashireHibby
09-06-2010, 12:47 PM
It's Salford, isn't it?

Careful now, the people of Swinton are a little touchy when it comes to that!

Don't know of any problem boozers, easy enough to get in to Manchester from there as well (or Leigh if you fancy the land of the living!)

BonnieFitbaTeam
09-06-2010, 01:03 PM

Adv[thanks]ance

Used to work in Swinton and whilst it's not the bonniest place in the world there are a couple of decent boozers for watching football with big screens, etc. There are three or four at the top of Station Road or there's one opposite the shopping centre, possibly called The Footballers (?) Dunno how you're getting there but if you're coming off the motorway onto the East Lancs (A580) heading into Manc then there's a Premier Inn Lodge Travel (whatever the Hell they are called now) on the right hand side at the second set of traffic lights. Has a boozer and scran attached.

Dashing Bob S
09-06-2010, 02:03 PM
It's some time ago but I went out with a girl from Eccles and we used to drink in Swinton. There are several decent pubs on the the East Lancs Road. I went to one regularly called The Staff of Life. Another decent one was the Farmers Arms. This was about two decades ago though, don't know if they're still there or are football friendly. There will be something decent around there, though. A great part of the world and lovely people.

SalfordHibs
11-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Adv[thanks]ance

On the East Lancs road there is a Travel Inn you are roughly about 10mins away from Swinton, in Swinton itself you have a few pubs that will have the football on.