H18sry
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
Well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxBnZKx4sT4&feature=player_embedded

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2010, 05:47 PM
I cant see anything wrong with it. :top marks

Killiehibbie
08-06-2010, 05:50 PM
If the goalie stands his ground until ball is kicked he must have a better chance of saving it as there will be less power in it.

SaulGoodman
08-06-2010, 05:54 PM
I found this statement from Wikpedia so it may not be correct but interesting nevertheless "The ball must be kicked after a run-up by the taker, who may slow his run but may not completely stop once the run-up has begun. If the taker scores after violating this rule, the kick must be re-taken". Im not sure if that player stops his run when he takes the penalty but it looks like it.

CapitalHibs
08-06-2010, 06:06 PM
I found this statement from Wikpedia so it may not be correct but interesting nevertheless "The ball must be kicked after a run-up by the taker, who may slow his run but may not completely stop once the run-up has begun. If the taker scores after violating this rule, the kick must be re-taken". Im not sure if that player stops his run when he takes the penalty but it looks like it.

That is correct. However, refs let goalies away with moving early and coming off their line, so maybe that would even things up a bit. The game is about goals, so I'm all for it.

lyonhibs
08-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Not according to the laws of the game.

You can't completely stop your run up as they are doing there.

Making a mug of the goalie is pretty funny, but it's also cheating. A good penalty kick taker should be able to beat the keeper hands down without that sort of samba dancing pish.

(((Fergus)))
08-06-2010, 06:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGWr0cdJeSg&feature=related

more fun with this as an option, easier to referee too. more goals as well probably

mim
08-06-2010, 06:47 PM
The lastest guidelines I saw from Fifa were that the penalty taker can hesitate in the run up, but not
in the final strides, as he goes to strike the ball. So that would be disallowed at the World Cup.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-06-2010, 07:03 PM
That is correct. However, refs let goalies away with moving early and coming off their line, so maybe that would even things up a bit. The game is about goals, so I'm all for it.

I assume you'd be in favour of removing the goalkeeper altogether, then. :confused:

HibeeDave
08-06-2010, 07:08 PM
I assume you'd be in favour of removing the goalkeeper altogether, then. :confused:

Looking at our recent keepers, this is quite a good idea :greengrin

Sas_The_Hibby
08-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Looking at our recent keepers, this is quite a good idea :greengrin

Very good :thumbsup:

NGP
08-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Nothing wrong with that IMO - can't see any ref pulling a player up for it.

Keepers should save more pens - you very rarely see a low hard pen struck into the corner. Why keepers 'guess' is beyond me. Wait until the ball is kicked then move -if it isw taken well, you are not going to save it anyway, if it is not taken well, you don't make an arse of youself by going the wrong way.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-06-2010, 07:18 PM
Nothing wrong with that IMO - can't see any ref pulling a player up for it.
Keepers should save more pens - you very rarely see a low hard pen struck into the corner. Why keepers 'guess' is beyond me. Wait until the ball is kicked then move -if it isw taken well, you are not going to save it anyway, if it is not taken well, you don't make an arse of youself by going the wrong way.

Except http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/2010/06/fifa_sends_out_mixed_messages.html

NGP
08-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Except http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/davidbond/2010/06/fifa_sends_out_mixed_messages.html

I have no problems if they consistantly do it & retake any pens that are saved when the keeper comes off his line.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-06-2010, 07:38 PM
I have no problems if they consistantly do it & retake any pens that are saved when the keeper comes off his line.

Agree. But when did referees ever act consistently: ignoring fouling at corners / free kicks, not playing the advantage rule properly, only giving a penalty if the attacker falls dramatically etc. etc. etc.? Don't get me started - it's not a pretty sight.............. :grr::grr::greengrin

Reaper
08-06-2010, 07:46 PM
Don't see why not. All part of the entertainment. :agree:

Hibs On Tour
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM

Suggested that very thing after yet more crazy goalkeeping last season... :greengrin