PDA

View Full Version : Prawn sandwich brigade

lucky
08-06-2010, 04:52 PM
I never thought that Hibs had fans who were snobs or thought that different parts of the ground were for different class of people. I have been a regular in west stand for a number of years but with the building of the East stand my mates and I thought we would get a chance to get 6 seats together in the West with people switching to the East.

So I went along to ER today and was amazed at the behaviour and attitude of 3 forty something fans in front of me. They were trying to get seats closer to middle of the West stand but couldn't get the seats they required. They were then offered a chance to move to the East but refused as in there opinion the East is full of Ned's, casuals and WALK UP's. Whilst Hibs have their fair share of fans who cause bother I cant understand why some who chooses to pay at the gate is any less of a fan.

After telling them to grow up I promptly asked for six seats in the East. I don't regard myself as a Ned, far to old to be a causal and as I have a ST ticket I'm unsure how i fit their description of a East stander.

Are there others out there who don't sit in the East because of their perception of the patrons of that area of the ground?

On a side note I now have to tell 5 mates we are now in the East

IndieHibby
08-06-2010, 04:55 PM
The East stand is where it's at! Your 5 friends should be thanking you for the priveledge!

Phil D. Rolls
08-06-2010, 05:35 PM
The guys fighting over the seats in the west sound like obnoxious plonkers.

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Im in the East and if he refered to me as a 'ned' Id knock his ***** block off.

Russdoorsfan71
08-06-2010, 05:43 PM
I never thought that Hibs had fans who were snobs or thought that different parts of the ground were for different class of people. I have been a regular in west stand for a number of years but with the building of the East stand my mates and I thought we would get a chance to get 6 seats together in the West with people switching to the East.

So I went along to ER today and was amazed at the behaviour and attitude of 3 forty something fans in front of me. They were trying to get seats closer to middle of the West stand but couldn't get the seats they required. They were then offered a chance to move to the East but refused as in there opinion the East is full of Ned's, casuals and WALK UP's. Whilst Hibs have their fair share of fans who cause bother I cant understand why some who chooses to pay at the gate is any less of a fan.

After telling them to grow up I promptly asked for six seats in the East. I don't regard myself as a Ned, far to old to be a causal and as I have a ST ticket I'm unsure how i fit their description of a East stander.

Are there others out there who don't sit in the East because of their perception of the patrons of that area of the ground?

To be honest mate I've always thought that the West is full of fans that I'd happily lable the "prawn sandwich brigade". My brother had a season ticket there for afew season before moving down south and I used to go to games when he couldn't make it. The area he sat in was full of sourfaced know it alls who you'd think had never been to a game in their lives with some of the pish I heard (obviously this is my humble opinion).

I seem to always remember the Hearts game from 2 seasons ago under Mixu, we went 1-0 up (Nishy I think scored) in the first 40 seconds of the game. The stadium went mental and the east started the hibee bounce...I joined in naturally and after afew seconds i looked around and all of them were just sitting there looking at me as if I'd shat on there mother!!!

The point that I'm trying to get at is that I agree that there is (in my experience)a poor attitude and even poorer atmosphere in that west stand for my liking and probably the reason why I didnt renew the season ticket after my brother left the 'burgh...or possibly because I'm a part-time supporter who prefers to be a "walkup" these days

silverhibee
08-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I am in the West and quite enjoy the prawn sandwiches i get. :greengrin

7Hero
08-06-2010, 06:26 PM
i have sat next to know it alls and erses in the east, the west and most recently the famous five. I am moving back to the west this year where no doubt i will sit near some more erses and know it alls.

its called opinions isn't it :confused:if we didn't have them and were all the same it would be a pretty boring place to live.

there are fannies and great fans all over the stadium don't think it matters what they eat at halftime mate to be honest..

.Sean.
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
There are a fair few snobs in the West. I sat there last season with my Dad as he'd had a major operation not too long before the start of the season so he wasn't really up for standing in the East all game.

We sat three blocks from the South. Even at the games against Celtic, Hearts and Rangers you couldn't get anybody up for it, there was no atmosphere whatsoever. The guy behind me was a complete and utter ersepiece who done nothing but berate Hogg and Nish for ninety minutes and another guy behind me actually asked me to sit down when I was singing. This was right after Stokes put us one up versus the Huns only seconds into the match. Seriously.

Far too much negativity in the West for me. Won't be back. Roll on next season. East Stand baby :cool2: Row R seat 178

SRHibs
08-06-2010, 06:35 PM
i have sat next to know it alls and erses in the east, the west and most recently the famous five. I am moving back to the west this year where no doubt i will sit near some more erses and know it alls.

its called opinions isn't it :confused:if we didn't have them and were all the same it would be a pretty boring place to live.

there are fannies and great fans all over the stadium don't think it matters what
they eat at halftime mate to be honest..

Opinions? So, in my opinion everyone that sits in the West Stand is a posh prick who looks down their nose at everybody.
Does that sit ok with you?

The 3 guys sound like ********s.

The Godfather
08-06-2010, 06:36 PM

In all fairness, lets not brand the majority with the attitudes of the minority. Yes there are knobs in the West, but lets be clear about this there are also an equal amounts in the East.

I have had a season ticket in the West since before the new stand was built and as I moved away (to Manchester) at the end of last season I decided to still have a ticket but a cheaper one in the East as I would not make it to every game. I have to say that the banter was great (in the East) but also at times it was equally bad.

It seems that on the Bounce and .Net, when there is not much to discuss then the old East (Neds) vs West (Prawn munchers) arguement gets brought up. Lets just all try and agree that being a hibby is great and that not all hibs fans are level minded individuals who are willing to get on with one another.:cool2:

Elephant Stone
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM

:faf:

Jonnyboy
08-06-2010, 06:42 PM

Bollox to them - signed the oldest Ned in town :greengrin

To be honest mate I've always thought that the West is full of fans that I'd happily lable the "prawn sandwich brigade". My brother had a season ticket there for afew season before moving down south and I used to go to games when he couldn't make it. The area he sat in was full of sourfaced know it alls who you'd think had never been to a game in their lives with some of the pish I heard (obviously this is my humble opinion).

I seem to always remember the Hearts game from 2 seasons ago under Mixu, we went 1-0 up (Nishy I think scored) in the first 40 seconds of the game. The stadium went mental and the east started the hibee bounce...I joined in naturally and after afew seconds i looked around and all of them were just sitting there looking at me as if I'd shat on there mother!!!

The point that I'm trying to get at is that I agree that there is (in my experience)a poor attitude and even poorer atmosphere in that west stand for my liking and probably the reason why I didnt renew the season ticket after my brother left the 'burgh...or possibly because I'm a part-time supporter who prefers to be a "walkup" these days

Bit of a sweeping statement there branding all West Standers as the same. I was in the West last season and plenty folk round about me got behind the team with a song or two :agree:

In this new season coming up I intend moving to the East so no more prawn sandwiches for me :greengrin

PS What do the folk that dinnae like prawns get oan thir piece? :greengrin

ahibby
08-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I have had ST in all three stands. Thinking back to the seventies there were those in the West Stand who considered the rest of us to be ferile and to be fair the way a lot of people behaved in those days they weren't far wrong. I think a lot of that remains to this day. However, they are wrong because I have seen my fair share of neds, alkies, jakies and casuals sitting in the west (they just don't want to admit it). I'd happily sit in any stand, I'm working class and proud of it.

Sas_The_Hibby
08-06-2010, 06:58 PM
I'm moving from the FF to the East and I'm not a snob.

In fact to prove my point I'm even letting my butler move with me, though, of course, I'm taking the cost of his season ticket off his meagre wages. :smug:

Spike Mandela
08-06-2010, 07:00 PM
I was a regular in the East for many years, then got a Season Ticket in the FF but now have a season ticket in the west.

I understand peoples views but would say that like in life there are lots of different people who support Hibs and their game experience would be a different thing. When I was younger the East was the place to be for the singing, the 'banter' and the atmosphere but as you get older you maybe prefer a more refined experience at the game.

I'd be surprised if many 16- 25 year olds in the East will still be doing the Hibee bounce in their 50's:greengrin

The important thing is to tolerate each other and appreciate we all support Hibs in our own way.

Thecat23
08-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I sat in the old cow shed behind the goals then east for 15 yrs, loved it and then decided on getting a season ticket with my dad in the west! He has a bad back and needs the backs on the chair. Anyway, I got some great laughs in the east but also had a fare few arguments with jake balls just there to noise up some fans. The west is actually alright, but again they have there fair share of snobs and chav's. No idea where i place myself :greengrin anyway for me i don't think it's a matter of where you sit its how you perceive these people. i think all the stands have there fair share and this West v East is a load of pish!

Prawn Sandwich
08-06-2010, 08:08 PM
I don't know what the fuss is about? :wink:

ekhibee
08-06-2010, 08:09 PM
I started in the East, and was there for many years, it was great and you got a great atmosphere there. Then I moved to the FF, which was also great, but I was right at the back of the top tier and the view was good, but not brilliant. I always remember this wifey who turned round to me and complained about me using bad language. She also complained about somebody dropping litter.Her husband wore the same jumper as her too. Another time Frank McAvennie was in one of the guest seats and when Celtic scored he got up and made a 'Get It Right Up Ye' gesture towards all the Hibs fans behind him. Quite a few people started throwing pies at him, justifiably. I've been in the West for a few years now, not that far from the away end,lower tier, still enjoy it, but wouldn't mind any of the stands really, providing I get a good view.

Hibs On Tour
08-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Opinions? So, in my opinion everyone that sits in the West Stand is a posh prick who looks down their nose at everybody.

FFS. And we wonder why the atmosphere at ER is so pish when this is what Hibbees think of other Hibbees? In my opinion, there are some that sing and jump around there are others than dinnae. Doesn't make anyone a better or worse fan. In fact, that whole 'ahm a better fan than you' ****** gets right on my helmet-end and IMHE [in my humble experience] is only spouted by proper pricks, rich or not! :wink:

Reaper
08-06-2010, 08:11 PM

I moved to the West last year mate when I ended up going to the games on my own. Was good sitting behind the dugout watching Yogi n Co but the atmosphere was **** and when my mate made a return we quickly got back to the East. Much better. :thumbsup:

flash
08-06-2010, 08:16 PM

The cold winter nights must just fly by.

down the slope
08-06-2010, 08:21 PM
Where can i get a prawn sandwich ?.

pedroorange1875
08-06-2010, 09:57 PM
sorry to busy gold leafing my seat (centre above the tunnel) to read all of the posts on here, jut about finished then off to get a crayfish and rocket sandwich with a nice glass of champagne.......

ridiculous thread!, shout and swear (not when my dads there :wink: ) and get excited just like the next man (in the east)

The Voice Of Reason
08-06-2010, 10:09 PM
I class myself as "upper class" and I sit in the West. :greengrin

You heathens in the East are nothing but an embarassment, paupers the lot of you. Stuff the Prawn Sandwiches by the way - Champagne and Caviar for me every time. :wink:

In all seriousness, you will find knobs in all the home ends at ER........but they are far outnumbered by good Hibees in my experience. :agree:

Hibs Till I Die.

lEXO
08-06-2010, 10:10 PM
I dont sit in the east or eat prawn sandwiches.FFS the stand is,nt finished yet and already we are having an uberfan debate.These guys sounded like dicks, but to think that there wont be idiots in the east next season is totally blinkered.Like it or not there are Hibs fans that are idiots, regardless of where they sit.As a matter of interest i wonder if the op gets the irony that he tells them to have a word for slagging the east, but then callls others prwn sandwich munchers.Get a grip man.Thats whats wrong with the atmosphere at ER. I,m a better fan than you? No your not, and neither am i.Get over it and support the team.This nonsense is boring now.

The Voice Of Reason
08-06-2010, 10:12 PM

Oh dear, what a dreadful post.

I can only assume that you are a female and you are on your period at the moment.

zosohibee
08-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Always thought the east was for the mentals, then i went and after 5 minutes i never wanted to go to any other stand. Ned or whatever were all Hibbys so what does it matter.

Bayern Bru
08-06-2010, 10:36 PM
Bit of a sweeping statement there branding all West Standers as the same. I was in the West last season and plenty folk round about me got behind the team with a song or two :agree:

In this new season coming up I intend moving to the East so no more prawn sandwiches for me :greengrin

PS What do the folk that dinnae like prawns get oan thir piece? :greengrin

As the self confessed 'West Stand Renegade,' (:wink::greengrin) I find that a mince pie washed down with a plastic cup of coffee hits the spot nicely. :agree:

jabis
08-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Get a grip people,we all love one another,West with East...Black with White.....Bald with hirstute.......................................... .................................................. .................................................. .what was the question again :confused:

Hibernian Verse
08-06-2010, 11:16 PM
I've heard the East stand being referred to as the 'Ned Shed' and I think that's due to the casuals that sat towards the away end. I've never been in it so I can't comment.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2010, 11:26 PM
I've sat all around ER over the years and every area has it's idiots. Every stand has it guys who know nothing about football although they tend to be the ones who shout the loudest.

If i'm being totally honest i probably have sat(stood?) next to a few more guys i would label 'neds' in the East than elsewhere but if these guys pay their money like everyone else then who cares? Theres plenty non neds and non casuals in the East.

Personally i think a lot of the moaning about the atmosphere in the FF and Main Stand is a load of nonsense as well. I've been at some games where the atmosphere has been great in these areas of the ground and plenty games where the atmosphere in the East was rubbish. If i had to name a favourite stand it would proabably be the East but i'd happily sit anywhere as with the exception of the OF or Hearts the atnosphere inside ER is pish regardless were you're sitting.

Hibercelona
08-06-2010, 11:46 PM
It's not that they really think that the East is full of neds and casuals, its that they know they're boring barstewards and want to sit in one of the "dead" stands so they can read their magazines and listen to their i-pods in peace. :yawn:

Hibernian Verse
08-06-2010, 11:47 PM
It's not that they really think that the East is full of neds and casuals, its that they know they're boring barstewards and want to sit in one of the "dead" stands so they can read their magazines and listen to their i-pods in peace. :yawn:

All Weststanders or just the one's referred to?

khib70
09-06-2010, 08:30 AM
:confused:Never seen so much braindead inverted snobbery on one thread and there's been a few contenders in the past. What happened to the rule about "disrespecting fellow Hibbies", admins?

Everyone has their own way of supporting the team, and their own place for doing it from. I don't sit in the West because I like prawn sandwiches, read magazines, or listen to my I Pod, and neither do the vast majority of those who do. They sit in the West because.....well, actually it's got f*** all to do with you or anyone else where I or anyone else choose to sit.

If you prefer the East, good luck to you, it doesn't make you a ned or a casual...but it doesn't make you some kind of superfan either. Grow up:yawn:

SRHibs
09-06-2010, 08:37 AM
Oh dear, what a dreadful post.

I can only assume that you are a female and you are on your period at the moment.

Did you even read the post I quoted?
Apparently it's ok to think the the entire east stand is populated by Chavs, Casuals and those lesser fans that pay at the gate, it's just "opinions", you know?:bitchy:

Jim44
09-06-2010, 08:48 AM
This thread reminds me of the Two Ronnies sketch about the British class system................... remember it?...................."I look up to him because *******and I look down at him because ***********." Chavs? neds? casuals? prawn munchers?.........................give me a nice bit of smoked salmon any day. :greengrin

basehibby
09-06-2010, 09:33 AM
Having enjoyed all the stands at ER at some time or another I definately favour the East - you still get some moaning bassas and others who look like they'd need a firework up their ass to make them get up and make some noise, but in general there's a much greater willingness to get right behind the team and back them vocally, resulting in a much more enjoyable atmosphere.

The FF is more of a mixed bag between people with young kids and weary old codgers, so the atmosphere/tendency to sing seems to vary randomly from block to block depending on whether you've sat next to next year's baby crew or Grumpy Gibby's "stars in their eyes" tribute act.

The West can also vary a bit but definately leans very much in the prawn sandwich direction - very little singing there apart from the occasional "Hibees!" chant. Any time I've sat there I've usually ended up staring enviously over at the East as they indulge in copious Hibbes Bouncing and routine renditions of the Hibees song book. That's apart from the odd occasion when, losing myself in the game and forgetting my surroundings, I've got to my feet to deliver a verdict on the standard of officiating while simultaneously questioning the parentage and sexual history of the man in the middle at approx 100 decibels - only to look around me and be greeted by the astonished, nervous, uncertain half-smiles of people who obviously believe there's a dangerous madman in their midst.

Yes - a most unsettling feeling I can assure you and I very much look forward to returning to my spiritual home in the East which, going by the noise created by the recently displaced Easterners in the South Stand, is going to be a hoot - I'm really looking forward to the return of the East - even if I will miss bouncing on the seats!

IWasThere2016
09-06-2010, 09:35 AM

Mind take yer guid Burberry clobber aff first - wouldnae want any blood stains on it :greengrin

Hibernian Verse
09-06-2010, 10:32 AM

That's probably not helping your argument...:wink:

On a side note, there's a lot of arguments made between east and west, but it's so ****ing pointless. I've seen people say that singing and standing all match makes you an uberfan, and then the west come back with 'we pay more for our season tickets' (which I think is now null and void?) and it just ends up messy so can we try and avoid an uberfan debate? Also, 'weehibee', you're just as bad as the guys in the first post! Get a life!

Phil D. Rolls
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
This thread reminds me of the Two Ronnies sketch about the British class system................... remember it?...................."I look up to him because *******and I look down at him because ***********." Chavs? neds? casuals? prawn munchers?.........................give me a nice bit of smoked salmon any day. :greengrin

:agree: The third member was John Cleese, and I think it went out on That Was the Week That Was.

You have to agree, there are a fair number of OIKs that go to Easter Road though. Have you seen some of the women? Bingo wings, slapped up to the eyeballs, their muffin tops dripping over their Primark jeans, munching pies and squeezing their plooks in the interval.

I can honestly say, I have seen some of the ugliest women on the planet at ER. Maybe they couldbe given their own section?

franks
09-06-2010, 10:40 AM
I have sat in the FF upper since it opened and there's a good supportive crowd around me who don't sing to much but are not slow to shout their support of the team either. I'm staying in the FF because I like the people about me, of course some may move to the East and some plonkers take their seats.

There is and will remain to be a mix of people in all stands but from looking at the posts on .net there seems to be more snobs in the East than anywhere else. Snobbery has nothing to do with money it's about thinking you're better than others.

At away games it tends to be people from the East around you as they are quicker to sing and the atmosphere can be really good as long as we are playing well.

In conclusion sit where it suits you best but don't be dismissive of those who sit elsewhere.

lEXO
09-06-2010, 10:53 AM
What a terrible post from an idiot.Maybe the club should have just built the one stand for all you Uberfans.Then the rest of us can watch Hibs on the bbc highlights on a monday, giving us the rest of the weekend to read mags and listen to our ipods.What a load of bollocks.You know what? most of us dont have to pretend that we are uberfans, we support our team without this i,m an east stand uberfan punter ninsense.
There are loads who sit in the east that dont spout this nonsense either.If you judge a Hibs fan on what stand they sit in and judge them on that, you are an arse.Either way all this East vWest/ FF stands stuff is garbage.Sit where you like but support the team and stop having a go at other supporters.

7Hero
09-06-2010, 10:59 AM
Did you even read the post I quoted?
Apparently it's ok to think the the entire east stand is populated by Chavs, Casuals and those lesser fans that pay at the gate, it's just "opinions", you know?:bitchy:

im struggling to reply to be honest mate :yawn:

Hibernian Verse
09-06-2010, 11:10 AM
Purehibee, I think you're going to get a bit of a shock when the new stand opens. There will be plenty people happy to just watch the game that have come from FF or West to take their seats in the East so if I were you I'd start becoming a bit more open minded. You've reacted to three people being ***** by generalising and pretending you're an uberfan. Arse.

Schaedler
09-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Most of the casuals I am familiar with sit in the West.

khib70
09-06-2010, 12:09 PM
:agree: The third member was John Cleese, and I think it went out on That Was the Week That Was.

You have to agree, there are a fair number of OIKs that go to Easter Road though. Have you seen some of the women? Bingo wings, slapped up to the eyeballs, their muffin tops dripping over their Primark jeans, munching pies and squeezing their plooks in the interval.

I can honestly say, I have seen some of the ugliest women on the planet at ER. Maybe they couldbe given their own section?
Ah, a Minging Section :greengrin

Phil D. Rolls
09-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Ah, a Minging Section :greengrin

:faf:

Can I just make it clear that none of the ladies who post on here would fit my description.
Don't ask me about The Bounce though, I've never been on that, although I understand some of our members have.

Broken Gnome
09-06-2010, 12:41 PM
The people I encountered in the West last year that openly criticised the lack of atmosphere were the types of ones that would hollering 'Green Army' long beyond the point that it could ever be considered entertaining. If that's the sort of thing I was missing in the East every week I could well done without it. Just because you do like to make an atmosphere doesn't automatically mean your an uberfan or footballing saint; it can often mean you're a loud annoying ******* who is nowhere near as funny or witty with your singing as you think you are.

Conversely, the most annoying person in my section is one who has a season ticket there with his three young daughters, but would scream constantly about 'Bluenose' or 'Weegie' c**ts every week. Mostly notably when Dundee United beat us 4-2...

People can sit where they want, everyone has different ways in how they'd like to watch a Hibs game. They don't need to adhere to any strict personality guidelines or be criticised. There's a lot of people that will be going to the East because they want to support Hibs and be surrounded by those who do so in a slightly more vocal manner, it doesn't mean they need to sing about Wallace Mercer or Christian Nade endlessly.

BonnieFitbaTeam
09-06-2010, 12:52 PM
Since I'm fairly sure that I'm one of the three "snobs/erses/****s/****s/prawn sandwich munchers" (delete as appropriate) forty-somethings in question I thought I'd post the actual version of events.

We were indeed in the ticket office to move our West Stand seats because we wanted to sit more centrally and a little higher up. Unfortunately, because we were trying to get five seats together (and were a week late.....DAVE !!) this wasn't possible. We briefly discussed moving to either the East or the FF but decided against it. During that conversation one of us did jokingly say, "How about moving to the East with the Bams ?" No mention was made of 'chavs' and no mention was made of 'casuals' - not least because most of the original casuals I know sit in the West these days.

I believe it was me who mentioned 'walk-ups' but that was in relation to my assertion that in my opinion the new East will, unfortunately, be half-empty most weeks. My reasoning being that there are currently many, many seats still available and not enough 'walk-up' fans - nothing derogatory there, simply non-season ticket holders - to fill them regularly. I hope I'm proved wrong of course.

Other than correcting false statements I really don't see why I should defend myself, but if anyone is interested I've been watching Hibs (on and off) for about 35 years - the first 30 of which were spent standing on the old terracing and then sitting in the East. As I've become more and more of a cantankerous, old scrote I've got more and more p!ssed off when I can't see what's going on - so I now sit in the West.

Finally, and perhaps most laughable of all, is Lucky's claim to have told us to shut up, which is complete bollox !

:yawn:

Phil D. Rolls
09-06-2010, 12:58 PM
Since I'm fairly sure that I'm one of the three "snobs/erses/****s/****s/prawn sandwich munchers" (delete as appropriate) forty-somethings in question I thought I'd post the actual version of events.

We were indeed in the ticket office to move our West Stand seats because we wanted to sit more centrally and a little higher up. Unfortunately, because we were trying to get five seats together (and were a week late.....DAVE !!) this wasn't possible. We briefly discussed moving to either the East or the FF but decided against it. During that conversation one of us did jokingly say, "How about moving to the East with the Bams ?" No mention was made of 'chavs' and no mention was made of 'casuals' - not least because most of the original casuals I know sit in the West these days.

I believe it was me who mentioned 'walk-ups' but that was in relation to my assertion that in my opinion the new East will, unfortunately, be half-empty most weeks. My reasoning being that there are currently many, many seats still available and not enough 'walk-up' fans - nothing derogatory there, simply non-season ticket holders - to fill them regularly. I hope I'm proved wrong of course.

Other than correcting false statements I really don't see why I should defend myself, but if anyone is interested I've been watching Hibs (on and off) for about 35 years - the first 30 of which were spent standing on the old terracing and then sitting in the East. As I've become more and more of a cantankerous, old scrote I've got more and more p!ssed off when I can't see what's going on - so I now sit in the West.

Finally, and perhaps most laughable of all, is Lucky's claim to have told us to shut up, which is complete bollox !

I started reading this with some sympathy for you, but by the end you just sound like an arrogant w*nker.

I'm sure you're not, but you sound like one.:greengrin

down-the-slope
09-06-2010, 12:59 PM
I think a lot of the posts are missing an important point...your experience of any part of any ground (ER included) is largley influenced by the 20 or so people nearest to you...if they are a good crack then its great...if they are *ocks then it can spoil it.

Those in the East - or at least a number of them - are in for a shock next season as they will not be able to wander around the terrace / stand, as in the old way to find a place / people that suit you...some will find they have right eejits near them and other than moving season seat will be stuck with them for the year.....

Its great having such a modern well facilitated stadium being completed...but all seated stadiums have this draw back that terracing / non-strict seating areas didn't allowing you to quickly get with a like minded crowd...one day in the melee bouncing with the best...next week in a quieter spot due to hangover etc...

Phil MaGlass
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
Had a season ticket for the west for 1 season, couldnt handle the dobbers who didnt get behind the team.Sat on their hands. It has to be the most deadwood part of the ground, you pay good money for a seat and dont get behind the team or even give them gip when they are crap, ah dinnae get it.Mibbe if more west standers were to take a gander into the east they may see what they are missing,oh and the were better than you attitude DOES prevail in the west.

BonnieFitbaTeam
09-06-2010, 01:08 PM
I started reading this with some sympathy for you, but by the end you just sound like an arrogant w*nker.

I'm sure you're not, but you sound like one.:greengrin

You're half right :wink:

Maybe the arrogant part comes across when I get p!ssed off. How would you feel if someone who knows nothing about you posted lies about you on a public forum ?

lucky
09-06-2010, 01:09 PM

If that is you in the photo then it was not you. But thanks for putting your name in the frame. Never told anyone to shut up but grow up. So clearly it was not you but you are a tad defensive.

Phil MaGlass
09-06-2010, 01:11 PM
I think a lot of the posts are missing an important point...your experience of any part of any ground (ER included) is largley influenced by the 20 or so people nearest to you...if they are a good crack then its great...if they are *ocks then it can spoil it.

Those in the East - or at least a number of them - are in for a shock next season as they will not be able to wander around the terrace / stand, as in the old way to find a place / people that suit you...some will find they have right eejits near them and other than moving season seat will be stuck with them for the year.....

Its great having such a modern well facilitated stadium being completed...but all seated stadiums have this draw back that terracing / non-strict seating areas didn't allowing you to quickly get with a like minded crowd...one day in the melee bouncing with the best...next week in a quieter spot due to hangover etc...

I agree with you on part of your post but the other part about not being able to wander around may not hold up as I have experienced this all over europe and folk just dont sit on their allocated seat.They go and choose a position they like. Then again we are from Edinburgh, manners n, all they may sit in their allocated seat,but ah widnae haud ma breath.

Hibernian Verse
09-06-2010, 01:12 PM

Maybe the arrogant part comes across when I get p!ssed off. How would you feel if someone who knows nothing about you posted lies about you on a public forum ?

He won't have thought that you would see the post therefore exaggeration was ridiculous. It sounds like the guy is insecure about the stand he sits in...

BonnieFitbaTeam
09-06-2010, 01:12 PM
If that is you in the photo then it was not you. But thanks for putting your name in the frame. Never told anyone to shut up but grow up. So clearly it was not you but you are a tad defensive.

Yes I am, how would you react ?

Phil D. Rolls
09-06-2010, 01:34 PM

It takes one to know one. :greengrin

I wouldn't be happy at all, if someone posted lies about me. I have to say though, I was enjoying the story about these prawn sandwich eaters casting aspersions on the oiks in the East, and I was more than a tad disappointed when you gave your side of the story.

Any chance you could "sex it up" a bit? As things stand we've got a big long thread about a non - story.

BonnieFitbaTeam
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM
It takes one to know one. :greengrin

I wouldn't be happy at all, if someone posted lies about me. I have to say though, I was enjoying the story about these prawn sandwich eaters casting aspersions on the oiks in the East, and I was more than a tad disappointed when you gave your side of the story.

Any chance you could "sex it up" a bit? As things stand we've got a big long thread about a non - story.

:greengrin Good point.

Very sorry for 'dulling it down' there, I do seem to have killed it stone dead !

Would it help if Lucky and I traded catty remarks for a while ?

down-the-slope
09-06-2010, 01:47 PM
I agree with you on part of your post but the other part about not being able to wander around may not hold up as I have experienced this all over europe and folk just dont sit on their allocated seat.They go and choose a position they like. Then again we are from Edinburgh, manners n, all they may sit in their allocated seat,but ah widnae haud ma breath.

Phil - unless different than than the other 2 stands then season seats will be fixed and the only way you will be able to 'move around' will be to empty (but lets hope there are not many not often:rolleyes:) seats. Also when 'walk ups' pay in they will get a seat number and be expected to sit in it...I accept there will be a bit of a culture shock for some with this but its happened at all developed grounds...answer...buy seats with your mates and don't fall out with them:wink:

for the record I have sat / stood in the West / FF / South. East stand (now demolished) East terrace small & Large / Cow Shed / Dunbar end / Main Stand(north / South and centre) North and South Enclosures.........so a full house (i Think :greengrin)...so although likley to be in West next season I will be in East for cup matches to ensure I maintain that record:wink:

I have met some graet people and some right idiots in all of those locations...the new East will Be no different

Dashing Bob S
09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Since we're all having a dig at each and the club, it's my turn.

I feel that I deserve a special Emperor Bobby enclosure which befits my own unique uberfan status.

This will be a swiveling golden orb suspended above the pitch by cables which reaching from the East to the West. This sphere shall be occupied with myself and several concubines, who shall fed me delicacies supplied by the Michelin-starred Chefs of Leith's shore.

People in the East and West will have their season tickets forcibly removed by zealous stewards unless they can perform an on-the-spot recitation at least two verses of the latest Emperor Bobby tribute song, which is to be changed monthly. Every song must have at least three of the following words in it: 'emperor' 'bob' 'sphere' 'orb' 'shore' 'hibernian' and 'hand-crafted Italian shoes.'

I fear that this is what it would take to put an end to the petty squabbling between East and West.

Jonnyboy
09-06-2010, 02:06 PM

What a pile of pish. Profile says you're 19 but you're posting like a 5 year old

Phil D. Rolls
09-06-2010, 02:30 PM
:greengrin Good point.

Very sorry for 'dulling it down' there, I do seem to have killed it stone dead !

Would it help if Lucky and I traded catty remarks for a while ?

I think it's the absolute least you can do, getting people's hopes up like that. :agree:

Hibercelona
09-06-2010, 02:42 PM
What a pile of pish. Profile says you're 19 but you're posting like a 5 year old

Hardly pish.

They have a cheek calling us all neds and casuals because we like to sit in the stand where you can actually say something about the game without some numpty behind you telling you to keep the noise down because he's trying to have a good read.

Pretty Boy
09-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Hardly pish.

They have a cheek calling us all neds and casuals because we like to sit in the stand where you can actually say something about the game without some numpty behind you telling you to keep the noise down because he's trying to have a good read.

What an eejit.

Phil D. Rolls
09-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Hardly pish.

No, it was pish, and so is this.

You sound like a five year old. The only thing that's missing from your ill thought out tirade is "it's not fair".

If you're going to argue at least have half a semblance of some facts.

SRHibs
09-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Ok. First things first: I wasn't being serious when I was making that generalisation, I should have added "if I were to say".
Point was that 7hills for some reason deems it acceptable that other Hibs fans are making massive generalisations about East Standers as it's all "opinions", which i thought was a load of tosh.
I don't have any preconceptions about any of the fans that attend Easter Road(well, barring the Huns, Hearts and the Tic obviously).

Sorry if I irked anyone. :wink:

And no need for the personal insult Milky.

marinello59
09-06-2010, 03:53 PM
Had a season ticket for the west for 1 season, couldnt handle the dobbers who didnt get behind the team.Sat on their hands. It has to be the most deadwood part of the ground, you pay good money for a seat and dont get behind the team or even give them gip when they are crap, ah dinnae get it.Mibbe if more west standers were to take a gander into the east they may see what they are missing,oh and the were better than you attitude DOES prevail in the west.

Brilliant post. The majority of it spent explaining how the deadwood dobbers that sit in the West are poor supporters compared to the East Standers then finish up by slagging them off for thinking they are better than the rest. Superb

.:top marks

marinello59
09-06-2010, 03:56 PM
Hardly pish.

This happens? Good grief. Outrageous. Petrie.:grr:

The Voice Of Reason
09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
What an eejit.

I'll second that. :top marks

Jonnyboy
09-06-2010, 09:13 PM
Hardly pish.

Were you stamping your feet in frustration when you wrote this latest pish?

Tell me something, have you ever sat in the West Stand? Or more to the point have you sat in every part of the West Stand?

Bayern Bru
09-06-2010, 09:32 PM
There is an apparent view of the West Stand as a whole that it is full of, in essence, part time supporters who don't support the team, and don't stand up to cheer goals etc. I've sat in the West Stand for the best part of a decade - in fact, since it was first opened. I sit in the West Lower, towards the North Stand. I could probably count on one hand the number of people over the years who I've seen fitting the stereotype that everyone associates with the West Stand.

The West Stand is not devoid of atmosphere in the slightest. I think what a lot of people are forgetting is that the 'West Stand stereotype' will exist in EVERY stand, even the East. Yes, there are a couple of people who might ask people to sit down if they can't see but the view of West Stand renegades as described by wee_hibee for example is utter pish.

Furthermore, why is it that the majority of fans who complain about not being able to stand at the games don't actually remember standing on the original terraces in the first place? :confused:

NAE NOOKIE
10-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Hoy ... I,m fiddy now and can still do the bounce. Feel it the next day mind :greengrin

I have posted in the past on uberfan debates, but only cause its a bit of banter.

If anybody on here, or elsewhere, seriously thinks they are a better fan than somebody else because of where they sit, or cause the other fan says Leaf and Hubs instead of Leith and Hibs or vice versa then all I can say is dont be bloody stupid.

If you pay your dosh every season be it ST or walk up then you are a good and proper Hibby end of.

No matter where you bloody well sit.