PDA

View Full Version : Could you sign and play for the Jambos?

Delboy4
08-06-2010, 12:37 PM
Just chatting in the office about Leigh Griffiths and Hearts sniffin' for his signature.

Me and the mate are staunch Hibbys - I said that I just could not play for them - Imagine scoring a goal to put Hibs out of a cup or just in the league:boo hoo:

My mate said that if you were a pro it would be completely different as you would be playing for your livelyhood...BUT if you were that good could you not just play for someone else...? :confused:

Still couldnae...
:thumbsup:

MyJo
08-06-2010, 12:41 PM
Only as an absolute last resort but yes i would play for.....gulp.....them.

Peevemor
08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
I'd do it no bother.

I'm guff! :thumbsup:

EskbankHibby
08-06-2010, 12:45 PM
As a youngster i always said i would rather cut my left baw off than play for them but in my teenage years i would have played for anyone if it meant going pro.

Then when it became clear that through sheer lack of ability i was never going to go pro i reverted to the "i would never have played for them anyway" default setting.

skipster7
08-06-2010, 12:51 PM
i would prefer to play for a club who would pay me every week so no :bitchy:
even although i would improve them greatly:wink:

Diclonius
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Aye, all right.

Kojock
08-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I had the choice, play for Hertz or become a sewer man. I know I made the right decision. :agree:

Shaggy
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I am 41 over weight, couldnt run for a bus and have hopeless co-ordination.....................

YES i could play for the Yammz:agree:

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Absolutley no F ucking danger.

Peevemor
08-06-2010, 01:06 PM
I am 41 over weight, couldnt run for a bus and have hopeless co-ordination.....................

That's basically where I'm coming from too. :agree:

Peevemor
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Absolutley no F ucking danger.

We'll put you down as a 'maybe' then. :greengrin

SteveHFC
08-06-2010, 01:17 PM
There is no way i would play for Hearts. I would rather have aids.

bighairyfaeleith
08-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Never ever ever ever ever ever ever

I feel dirty just thinking about it!!!!

Nando™
08-06-2010, 01:32 PM
I'm not good enough to play for Hearts, so therefore signing for them would be as good as robbing them of money.

So yes, I'm up for robbery :aok:

Cabbage East
08-06-2010, 01:38 PM
No.

Andy74
08-06-2010, 01:41 PM
I couldn't but for professional players it is different. Most of them have played football every Saturday afternoon and probably rarely have they ever really got into supporting a team.

bighairyfaeleith
08-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Just chatting in the office about Leigh Griffiths and Hearts sniffin' for his signature.

Me and the mate are staunch Hibbys - I said that I just could not play for them - Imagine scoring a goal to put Hibs out of a cup or just in the league:boo hoo:

My mate said that if you were a pro it would be completely different as you would be playing for your livelyhood...BUT if you were that good could you not just play for someone else...? :confused:

Still couldnae...

TBF you might be playing for free so might not be as tempting:wink:

hibee4life1983
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM
It depends really on wether u want to play slick attractive free flowing football and trying to up your game with passing ability. Or. . . . . .

If u want to cop out and do boxing training, star jumps and hoof the ball up the park to the big cf huddie no????

I could not play any sport in a mingin' top of hertz colours, let alone hoofty.

machibby
08-06-2010, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't consider it even if the beer why top drawer, I'm more than happy playing for my local pub team.

bawheid
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
I'd play for them with the intention of becoming their all time top own-goal scorer.

How funny would it be to sign for them and for the first few games pretend you're a decent player, committed to the cause, etc. First derby comes around and you rattle two goals past Kellogs celebrating in front of the Hibs fans.

Drummed out the squad you then sit tight on £10k a week for the remainder of your two year deal, increasing the debt and lining your own pockets while you wait on Romanov paying you off.

hibee4life1983
08-06-2010, 02:01 PM
He wouldnt pay

eastmainsmsh
08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
We'll put you down as a 'maybe' then. :greengrin

id feign injury say im 19.......ask for 15 grand a week ........ ask for inclusive junk food and eat all u can ...................... bit of a mix of larreya kingston and christian nade contracts lol

id never play for the yams :bye:

basehibby
08-06-2010, 02:12 PM
For 10K a week I would do a Nade for them so - YES

truehibernian
08-06-2010, 02:17 PM
When you are a young lad though trying to make it in the game, you have to consider all options. In the days of the "S" form, you were more keen to become a pro than worry about loyalties. Supporting Hibernian never ever leaves you though :agree:

ahibby
08-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Phew! I thought no one would ever ask. I can put my hand on my heart and say that at the ripe old age of twenty four, while playing for a team from the Army Scottish Division I was approached at the end of the game by a scout who invited me in to Tynecastle for a trial. I told him that their strip would burn my back and so I had to refuse (knock the offer back). So the answer from me is obviously no.

basehibby
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
Phew! I thought no one would ever ask. I can put my hand on my heart and say that at the ripe old age of twenty four, while playing for a team from the Army Scottish Division I was approached at the end of the game by a scout who invited me in to Tynecastle for a trial. I told him that their strip would burn my back and so I had to refuse (knock the offer back). So the answer from me is obviously no.

:thumbsup: Well done that man! :top marks

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2010, 03:19 PM
Give me some dubbin, and i'd do a good job replacing Nade.

1950's hibbie
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
If I was young and good enough to be offered a professional contract I would sign for Osama Bin Laden's team. some chances in life only come once, if you live to a ripe old age it is too long to regret something you done when young. Many of our legends played for the other team although a staunch supporter of us, I would be just like them.

Greentinted
08-06-2010, 03:28 PM
If I was an aspiring young player and was approached by any SPL club, I should think that I would sign. Theres a wealth of difference between the subjectivety of the supporter and the objectivety of the professional.
Had I been blessed enough to be given an attribute which would afford me a decent lifestyle, I would have jumped at the chance. Maybe I'm just too pragmatic but I can see the very prominent dividing line between an emotional investement and a professional one.
So aye, had Hearts approached me in my youth and they were the only or (if I was really good) better suitor for my signature, I would have signed and played (and even done my best) for them.

I would however, have always worn something green serruptitiously.

Am I a bad person???

Hibs07p
08-06-2010, 03:35 PM

Ah dubbin, I remember giving my boots and my baw a good dubbin' with dubbin, and the laces got a good whitening with blanco. :greengrin

Big Frank
08-06-2010, 06:25 PM

Still couldnae...

never.

ever.

vahibbie
08-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Dubbin, that takes me back a bit.

Ah, auld age.........the alternatives crap:wink:

.Sean.
08-06-2010, 06:53 PM
I can hoestly say I couldn't play for them. I wouldn't even pull on a Hearts jersey for charity.

weonlywon6-2
08-06-2010, 07:01 PM

Still couldnae...

your mate is right but me, nah nae chance

Loopz
08-06-2010, 07:25 PM
If I were lucky enough to be a good young football player growing up in the Edinburgh area and was offered the chance to join what is one of my local football teams, I could not turn it down.

ahibby
08-06-2010, 07:26 PM
I can hoestly say I couldn't play for them. I wouldn't even pull on a Hearts jersey for charity.

I second that emotion.

Dashing Bob S
08-06-2010, 07:28 PM
I couldn't bring myself to pull that infested shawl over my head, but i'd be happy to do a Larry K and sit on the sidelines pocketing 10 grand a week. It would be no skin of their nose as they only owe it to themselves.

Vini1875
08-06-2010, 07:29 PM
No and all that for your livelihood stuff is bollocks. I'm an electrician and there is no amount of money that could get me along there to change their light bulbs

Johnny_Leith
08-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Leigh Griffiths has already turned down Hearts and has said he will never sign for them :agree:

HibbyKeith
08-06-2010, 08:41 PM

Kingston is that you? :wink:

heidtheba
08-06-2010, 08:48 PM
Absolutely! If Nade can play and be paid then so can I...

1 - I'm no stranger to a Jam Do'nut and I've got the footballing skills of a small penguin. (so I'm the same as Nade there)

2 - I'd happily lamp Ian Black (tick the Nade box there)

3 - I'd moan like sin when they empty me (tick tick tick)

Whats not to like!

BSEJVT
08-06-2010, 10:20 PM
Not quite the same thing but ........

Was offered the chance to coach their youth teams a few years back and declined it straight of the bat.

It would have felt like and been treason.

All it took was to imagine how I would have felt if a boy I had helped develop scored against Hibs.

That and the eternal damnation of family and friends.

Wasnt even a hard decision.

Wilbur
08-06-2010, 10:23 PM
Id play for them, at the end of the day if you were offered say £2000 a week for doing something you love then why not? Obviously I'd lay down for the Hibees on derby day! :thumbsup:

Calvin
08-06-2010, 10:31 PM
Providing Hibs didn't want me, then definitely.

I would love to be a footballer, and I think I'm professional enough to do my job no matter what company I work for.

Just Jimmy
08-06-2010, 10:47 PM
Providing Hibs didn't want me, then definitely.

I would love to be a footballer, and I think I'm professional enough to do my job no matter what company I work for.

exactly, 10 years decent cash anywhere and sensible living you'd be set for life.

I bet if really offered the chance 95% of Hibs supporters would sign for Hearts or Rangers.

it's easy to say no now.

jabis
08-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Only as an absolute last resort but yes i would play for.....gulp.....them.

Big yes from me :thumbsup:

see myself in the Nade role.............Tubby git that couldnt score in a whorehoose !

Dunbar Hibee
08-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Couldn't bring myself to put on that *****y top. Never in a million years, i'd rather wake up in a puddle of ma ain pish.

Pretty Boy
08-06-2010, 11:37 PM
In a heartbeat.

Without blowing my own trumpet i was a pretty decent goalkeeper(still am i suppose) when i was in my teens. I had trials at several clubs before eventually signng for an SPL team. Bad luck with injuries and my own stupidity meant i didn't make it as a pro footballer. But if Hearts had tried to sign me when i was younger then i wouldn't even have thought twice about it, for all we laugh about it on here they do actually have a pretty decent youth set up and tend to hand out contracts of a decent length to youngsters. At then end of the day if you have ambitions of playing pro football at the best possible level then you take the best option available to you at the time and if thats Hearts then so be it.

Also after having to wear a Rangers strip when i was on trial at Ibrox then pulling on a Hearts top would seem positively desirable(thankfully Rangers found out what school i went to and dropped their interest shortly afterwards:wink:).

Hibernian Verse
08-06-2010, 11:39 PM
I'm sorry, but if I was getting paid £5000 p/w plus bonuses I'd play for anyone.

Obviously if the choice was between Hibs and Hearts, and Hibs were paying 3k p/w then I'd still go with Hibs because that would be a dream.