PDA

View Full Version : Competitions hibs.net World Cup Predictor

Sherlock Jones
08-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Here's a chance for all you Hibbies to get involved in our new World Cup Predictor competition. The Predictor is of a different format to our usual set-up but it's straightforward enough.
The Predictor link can be found under the sub-forum section at the top of the Main Forum page.
The link takes you to a page where you will currently see the first few World Cup fixtures. To access the rest of the games, click on Fifa World Cup under 'Current Season' from the menu at left.

Prizes are Private Membership tasters (or extensions if you are already currently a Private Member).

The top 3 predictors after the first round of matches will each get 1 months PM
The top 3 after the 2nd round of matches will each get 1 months PM
The top 3 after the 3rd round of matches will each get 1 months PM
The top 3 after the last 16 matches will each get 1 months PM
The top 3 after the QF + SF matches will each get 1 months PM

The top 3 after the 3rd place play-off and final matches will get the following;
1st = 3 months Private membership
2nd = 2 months PM
3rd = 1 month PM

Have fun!

Predictor Link... (http://www.hibs.net/vbsoccer.php)

Mikey
08-06-2010, 09:41 AM
The new format is the dog's dangly bits folks. It's open to all registered users and there's no additional registration required.

It updates the scores automatically as the goals go in and it'll also update the league table in real time too.

And the best bit is......... it does it itself so we don't have to administer it :greengrin

Salty's gonna be unemployed soon :smokin

Mikey
08-06-2010, 03:49 PM
Bump!

Sherlock Jones
08-06-2010, 06:05 PM
The new format is the dog's dangly bits folks. It's open to all registered users and there's no additional registration required.

It updates the scores automatically as the goals go in and it'll also update the league table in real time too.

And the best bit is......... it does it itself so we don't have to administer it :greengrin

Salty's gonna be unemployed soon :smokin

I hope I'm still getting that plasma TV in compensation.

That's 40 people in already - keep 'em coming :thumbsup:

Mikey
08-06-2010, 06:38 PM
I hope I'm still getting that plasma TV in compensation.

Have you bought a (non existant) raffle ticket? :greengrin

DaveF
08-06-2010, 08:07 PM
I'm in.

Come on South Africa :thumbsup:

Sherlock Jones
08-06-2010, 09:42 PM
Have you bought a (non existant) raffle ticket? :greengrin

Yup...

http://www.graham-jones-online.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/hnet/raffled.jpg

Mikey
08-06-2010, 09:51 PM
I'm in.

Come on South Africa :thumbsup:

They're not playing England :confused:

Sherlock Jones
09-06-2010, 08:48 AM
Bump.

64 in now.

Sherlock Jones
09-06-2010, 07:30 PM
75 in. Plenty space for more :wink:

Sherlock Jones
10-06-2010, 09:09 AM
That's 87 now.

Remember; the first two matches take place tomorrow.

Mikey
10-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Time's running out folks. You can still take part if you join late but it'll make it a lot more difficult for you to win :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
11-06-2010, 08:37 AM
108 in now.

Tick tock :wink:

Mikey
11-06-2010, 10:23 AM
Any more?

jonty
11-06-2010, 05:03 PM
Quite a lot got the opening match right. :thumbsup:
36 to be precise :greengrin
http://www.hibs.net/vbsoccer.php?do=ranking&l=1&m=2

roll on game 2 :cool2:

Mikey
14-06-2010, 04:00 PM
Looks to me like the fox is running the chicken coop :whistle:

:na na:

Hibs On Tour
15-06-2010, 02:51 PM
Can someone clarify the scoring mechanism?

I've been trying to suss it and can't. For games where you have the result right but not exactly, how is the scoring worked out?

EG:

Predicted 1:1 - game finished 0:0
IE result correct, neither score correct
2 points

Predicted 2:0 - game finished 4:0
IE result correct, one of two scores correct
1 point

EH? :confused:

Sure there's a rational reason that is clearly marked/posted/emblazoned in letters of fire ten feet tall but as I'm obviously having a yellow bus moment, can someone point out my obvious mistake please?

Ta,

HoT

:greengrin

ronaldo7
15-06-2010, 02:59 PM
Can someone clarify the scoring mechanism?

I've been trying to suss it and can't. For games where you have the result right but not exactly, how is the scoring worked out?

EG:

Predicted 1:1 - game finished 0:0
IE result correct, neither score correct
2 points

Predicted 2:0 - game finished 4:0
IE result correct, one of two scores correct
1 point

EH? :confused:

Sure there's a rational reason that is clearly marked/posted/emblazoned in letters of fire ten feet tall but as I'm obviously having a yellow bus moment, can someone point out my obvious mistake please?

Ta,

HoT

Go into the predictor and go to options and settings. They have an explanation there.:thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
15-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Go into the predictor and go to options and settings. They have an explanation there.:thumbsup:

Does it explain how you're so much better than me at it? :greengrin

ronaldo7
15-06-2010, 07:47 PM
Does it explain how you're so much better than me at it? :greengrin

It's either lady luck or something to do with our avatars:greengrin

jakki
16-06-2010, 06:49 PM
I'm fair proud of my first round predictions,beating all you men except 2 lol, but knowing my normal form, I'll drop like a stone.:thumbsup:

Sherlock Jones
16-06-2010, 06:58 PM
Top 3 places after the first round of 16 games:

ronaldo7 23 pts

Jakki 20 pts

DannySugden 20 pts

jakki
16-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Where's all the congratulation to the wee auld wifey that has beaten all you men except Ronaldo and Danny ? :greengrin

let me bask in praise for a wee week!:thumbsup:

ronaldo7
16-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Well done Jakki:thumbsup:

Now are you going to tell us who picked the results for you:cool2:

jakki
16-06-2010, 07:48 PM
Well done Jakki:thumbsup:

Now are you going to tell us who picked the results for you:cool2:

Nobody did. It was all my own predictions, but I tend to leap out the starting gate and then fall behind fast and end up middlish in the course of the comp. Thats why I like to brag at the start:greengrin Getting all the other men mad.:greengr:

Years ago, Tennants had a competition at our pub and when I joined after about 2 weeks, I won every week and got a tennants pint tumbler and a £1 bet and each month won the monthly prize of a watch, tankard, football or kit bag. I ended up having too many pint glasses and gave them away, The £1 bet I gave to an OAP every week but he wisnay very lucky. It turned out if I had started at the start of the comp, I might have been in the national winners but my kids enjoyed their free watches etc. Not wanting to brag but its good to get over all those knowall football fans :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-06-2010, 07:54 PM
Where's all the congratulation to the wee auld wifey that has beaten all you men except Ronaldo and Danny ? :greengrin

let me bask in praise for a wee week!:thumbsup:

If this Uruguay score stays the same am creeping up the league, Coming to get you Jakki :devil::greengrin

jakki
16-06-2010, 07:58 PM
If this Uruguay score stays the same am creeping up the league, Coming to get you Jakki :devil::greengrin

Can you see my prediction?

Andy, I wouldnay be surprised as after a good round, I drop like a stane :greengrin

ronaldo7
16-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Nobody did. It was all my own predictions, but I tend to leap out the starting gate and then fall behind fast and end up middlish in the course of the comp. Thats why I like to brag at the start:greengrin Getting all the other men mad.:greengr:

Years ago, Tennants had a competition at our pub and when I joined after about 2 weeks, I won every week and got a tennants pint tumbler and a £1 bet and each month won the monthly prize of a watch, tankard, football or kit bag. I ended up having too many pint glasses and gave them away, The £1 bet I gave to an OAP every week but he wisnay very lucky. It turned out if I had started at the start of the comp, I might have been in the national winners but my kids enjoyed their free watches etc. Not wanting to brag but its good to get over all those knowall football fans :greengrin

:thumbsup: Did I not tell you...the wife picks mine:wink:

jakki
16-06-2010, 08:21 PM
:thumbsup: Did I not tell you...the wife picks mine:wink:

LOL Its us wimen who can read you men :greengrin

HibbyAndy
16-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Can you see my prediction?

Andy, I wouldnay be surprised as after a good round, I drop like a stane :greengrin

3-0 :bitchy::bitchy::bitchy:

jakki
16-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Well thats my bubble burst. predicted 2-2. right down the ratings. It was good when it lasted :greengrin

jakki
16-06-2010, 09:35 PM
OOps still no. 2. Everybody near me must have scored like me and lost lol
:thumbsup:

jakki
16-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Hey Billy (bd69) you're awfully quiet and you Spamheid
:greengrin, and you Hibernian Ladies cheerying me on :thumbsup:

Removed
17-06-2010, 11:03 PM

:thumbsup:

And Jakki I'm always quiet :confused:

Hibs On Tour
18-06-2010, 08:53 AM
It's either lady luck or something to do with our avatars:greengrin

got you in my sights now...! still some distance away mind you! :wink:

Hibs On Tour
18-06-2010, 08:56 AM

He's never been able to pick his nose wi stuff like this! Sweepstakes - now that's a different matter! :greengrin

ronaldo7
18-06-2010, 10:59 AM
got you in my sights now...! still some distance away mind you! :wink:

I've got my extra months pm, so have decided that I'll get my Grandson to pick the results from now on, just to give you a chance like. Even Blackpool is above you:faf:

Bayern Bru
18-06-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm 8 points off first place, and I've not scored 3 points once. Fear me!

H18sry
19-06-2010, 07:17 PM
bump to keep it on page 1 :wink:

Bayern Bru
20-06-2010, 04:47 PM
Just noticed I've gone 4th. A cheeky 3 points tonight would be appreciated. :greengrin

Hibs On Tour
21-06-2010, 06:33 AM
I've got my extra months pm, so have decided that I'll get my Grandson to pick the results from now on, just to give you a chance like. Even Blackpool is above you:faf:

Now that's just plain nasty! :greengrin

ronaldo7
21-06-2010, 07:56 AM
Now that's just plain nasty! :greengrin

What, the grandson doing my picks or you being below Blackpool:confused:

It's just a bit of fun mate. I see you're moving up the table, and I'm about to take a tumble:greengrin

Hibs On Tour
21-06-2010, 09:10 AM
What, the grandson doing my picks or you being below Blackpool:confused:

It's just a bit of fun mate. I see you're moving up the table and I'm about to take a tumble:greengrin

You missed the smiley then? :greengrin 100% its fun and not taking it any other way bud!

Looks like a few got the Brazil score bang on last night. My Italy 1-1 was the one that shunted me onto page 1. Looking for the following today:

Portugal 3 v Korea 0
Chile 2 v Switzerland 2
Spain 3 v Honduras 0

I did predictions for all the games about three weeks ago and have used the same entries here throughout as I thought it would be a fun experiment rather than chopping and changing off the back of the results, form, injuries, etc. Will do so likewise for the latter rounds. Then I have an easy excuse when it doesn't all go to plan and if it does I can sell myself as someone with mystical powers! :greengrin

ronaldo7
21-06-2010, 12:30 PM
You missed the smiley then? :greengrin 100% its fun and not taking it any other way bud!

Looks like a few got the Brazil score bang on last night. My Italy 1-1 was the one that shunted me onto page 1. Looking for the following today:

Portugal 3 v Korea 0
Chile 2 v Switzerland 2
Spain 3 v Honduras 0

I did predictions for all the games about three weeks ago and have used the same entries here throughout as I thought it would be a fun experiment rather than chopping and changing off the back of the results, form, injuries, etc. Will do so likewise for the latter rounds. Then I have an easy excuse when it doesn't all go to plan and if it does I can sell myself as someone with mystical powers! :greengrin

Seen the smiley bud:greengrin

I think you were in an optomistic mood when doing your picks. This world cup's been pretty poor on the goals front eh. Apart from Portugal today ;-)))

I'm sure we all take it as a bit of fun, but I was hoping for a charge from Blackpool as he told me at the "Hibs go marching on" night, that he was going to win this one.

Enjoy the rest of your picks and the world cup mate:thumbsup:

I'll look out for your results in the next phase of games:wink:

Sherlock Jones
21-06-2010, 10:29 PM
Top 3 places after the second round of 16 group matches:

1 ronaldo7 36 pts

2 Mikey 33 pts

3e Saltire2k 32 pts
3e Leitrim Hibee 32 pts

Link... (http://www.hibs.net/vbsoccer.php?do=ranking)

Mikey
22-06-2010, 05:19 AM
2 Mikey 33 pts

Jings :greengrin

Sherlock Jones
25-06-2010, 08:53 PM
Top 3 places after the third round of 16 group matches:

1 DannySugden 50 pts

2 ronaldo7 46 pts

3e cha1875 45 pts
3e Argylehibby 45 pts

jakki
25-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Well a strange thing happened to me after posting on Saturday night. Sunday morning my home page had changed and I couldnay register as Jakki altho I had had it for what 5 years. To cut a long story short, jakki had changed to jakkitoo and is on 30 points and I've had to reregister as jakki again and missed 4 game predictions but I'm creeping up on you all fast. BEWARE:greengrin:greengrin

If it happens next sesson i will say " Its an injustice* as wee Callimero would say :greengrin

H18sry
26-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Well a strange thing happened to me after posting on Saturday night. Sunday morning my home page had changed and I couldnay register as Jakki altho I had had it for what 5 years. To cut a long story short, jakki had changed to jakkitoo and is on 30 points and I've had to reregister as jakki again and missed 4 game predictions but I'm creeping up on you all fast. BEWARE:greengrin:greengrin

If it happens next sesson i will say " Its an injustice* as wee Callimero would say :greengrin

There wont ne a world cup predictor next season :wink:

Jack
26-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Now that we are in the knock out stages is it the score after 90 minutes?

Sherlock Jones
26-06-2010, 11:02 AM

I would assume so but, as it's the first time we've used this system, don't know for sure.
Will find out ASAP.

H18sry
27-06-2010, 07:56 AM

FIX I had 1-1 last night and it has gave the result as 2-1 WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

Sherlock Jones
27-06-2010, 09:51 AM
FIX I had 1-1 last night and it has gave the result as 2-1 WHATS THAT ALL ABOUT :grr::grr::grr::grr::grr::grr:

I know - crap eh? It was marked as a 1-1 result and that looked to be final but it was changed some time after the game was all over. The new (German) system we're using means we have less control over results input than before.

ronaldo7
27-06-2010, 11:56 AM
It's a fix:faf:

H18sry
27-06-2010, 01:25 PM
I know - crap eh? It was marked as a 1-1 result and that looked to be final but it was changed some time after the game was all over. The new (German) system we're using means we have less control over results input than before.

Where is it stated that result at the end of the game count not at 90 min? What happens if a game ends 13-12 on penalties :confused:

Sherlock Jones
27-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Where is it stated that result at the end of the game count not at 90 min? What happens if a game ends 13-12 on penalties :confused:

We found this on the vBulletin forum:

Link... (http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showpost.php?p=2059307&postcount=747)

Personally, I think that's an awful way to go about it. Who's going to go 13-12 or even 5-3 on the off-chance there will be penalties? Certainly not me.

Ollie Reed
27-06-2010, 04:04 PM
Agreed. Makes no sense.

ronaldo7
27-06-2010, 06:42 PM
Just noticed if you go to the Live scores, and click on the football after the kick off, you get to see other peoples bets.

The scoring system after 90 mins is a bit of a farce though.

As the Tourny goes on their will definately be some silly scores when the pens kick in.

ArabHibee
29-06-2010, 08:39 PM

Tell me about it, diddled me out of a good few points. That's totally stupid. So there is basically no point in putting down a draw.

Sherlock Jones
29-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Nice and close after the last 16 round where only 10 points separate the top 15 participants:

Top 3 places;

1 ronaldo7 60 pts

2 DannySugden 59 pts

3e cha1875 58 pts
3e hibeenicol 58 pts

Removed
29-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Tell me about it, diddled me out of a good few points. That's totally stupid. So there is basically no point in putting down a draw.

:boo hoo:

Dry yer eyes and get on with it. We're all in the same boat :agree:

jakki
03-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Well that's me catching up with the leaders despite not being able to predict 4 games. :greengrin

jakki
03-07-2010, 08:47 PM
Yes!!! Ya beauty!! 1st. equal!!! :thumbsup:

Sherlock Jones
07-07-2010, 08:32 PM
Update after the Semifinals...

The top 3 is actually a top 4 as the following are all first equal with 64 points apiece;

ronaldo7

hibeenicol

jakki

FifeHibby

With 2 matches remaining, the chasing pack are breathing down their collective neck :wink:

Sherlock Jones
11-07-2010, 09:37 PM
The top 3 places after an exciting and close-run competition are as follows:

1st equal ; ronaldo7 68 points

1st equal ; hibeenicol 68 points

3rd ; FifeHibby 66 points

Congratulations to the winners :thumbsup:

Thanks to everyone who took part!

ronaldo7
12-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Woo Hoo:partyhibb

A quick calculation says 8 months pm so that's about £6.66:devil:

It kept my attention throughout a reasonably good world cup.

:cup:

Where are ye Blackpool:greengrin

hibeenicol
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
:party::scarf::partyhibb

bring on the spl predictor now!