PDA

View Full Version : Dougray Scott.

blackpoolhibs
07-06-2010, 05:18 PM
Just seen him interviewed on granada, Hibs get a mention. He plays a man city fan in his new tv series, but he says he really supports hibs.:thumbsup:

Betty Boop
07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Just seen him interviewed on granada, Hibs get a mention. He plays a man city fan in his new tv series, but he says he really supports hibs.:thumbsup:

:drool:

weonlywon6-2
07-06-2010, 05:23 PM

seen him on soccer am a while ago and he was fairly vocal about supporting the hibs :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Bostonhibby
07-06-2010, 07:15 PM
:agree:good Hibby, never misses the chance to talk us up, he's nae Ronnie Corbett, but he tries.........:wink:

Viva_Palmeiras
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
And the man chose to wear a Rangers strip in Twin Town - total cult :wink:

Gala Foxes
07-06-2010, 07:26 PM
man is a legend - have had the pleasure of meeting him 4 times : once in athens at the airport after the game vs AEK, then at sauzee send off, in the dome after gary o'connors goal for ten man hibs when we beat hearts 1-0 and finally in the boardroom at tynecastle the day we scored 2 og's to let them win 2-0

good hi-bee

MSK
07-06-2010, 07:30 PM
Lived in Glenrothes same time as him ...he was Woodside i was Abbotsford ...nae doubt bumped intae him at the Glennie shops ...:greengrin

HibbyAndy
07-06-2010, 07:40 PM
Never mind Dougray..Gregg Rusedski mentioned Hibs oan the tennis today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

IWasThere2016
07-06-2010, 07:45 PM
He was pally wi ma Woodside cousins (Yams) - he'll know Colin Harris, ex-Hibs as they stayed a few hooses apart IIRC.

His maw is in the Glenrothes Gazette this week and last fighting the local bus co. over the scrapping of the 40A route. It is a fascinating read :agree:

Bostonhibby
07-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Never mind Dougray..Gregg Rusedski mentioned Hibs oan the tennis today :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

:yawn: He's nae Ronnie Corbett either :wink:

hibeenicol
07-06-2010, 08:14 PM
He was pally wi ma Woodside cousins (Yams) - he'll know Colin Harris, ex-Hibs as they stayed a few hooses apart IIRC.

His maw is in the Glenrothes Gazette this week and last fighting the local bus co. over the scrapping of the 40A route. It is a fascinating read :agree:

Yeah he still comes back to visit his mum in woodside. It's not rare to see him in the summer out the front playing football with the kids. Top guy:thumbsup:

I was in the gazette this week with ma hibs top on:greengrin, I got asked a question from the reporters about the bagpipes.

IWasThere2016
07-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I saw ye D - well just looked in the paper again. The mint's not a patch on the real mate! :wink: and I didnae notice it first time around,

Big_D
08-06-2010, 05:21 AM
Lived in Glenrothes same time as him ...he was Woodside i was Abbotsford ...nae doubt bumped intae him at the Glennie shops ...:greengrin

Abbotsford Drive :bitchy: Theyve been knocking the flats doon up there recently ,:bitchy: about time anaw . Mr Scotts Manchester accent was embarrassing

Rivers Cuomo
08-06-2010, 07:17 AM

What context was that in/what did he say?

hibees59
08-06-2010, 08:36 AM

I saw that. He was talking about Andy Murray being a good footballer and he was sure he got a trial with Hibs. I'm sure his trial was with das hun :confused:

MSK
08-06-2010, 12:02 PM
Abbotsford Drive :bitchy: Theyve been knocking the flats doon up there recently ,:bitchy: about time anaw . Mr Scotts Manchester accent was embarrassingAre they ..?...i lived in the flats in Abbotsford Drive (59)...great childhood memories, decent folk back then too ..loved Caskieberran primary aswell..:agree:

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
What context was that in/what did he say?

I saw that. He was talking about Andy Murray being a good footballer and he was sure he got a trial with Hibs. I'm sure his trial was with das hun :confused:

What the man sais above..

Said Murray was a great footballer and he had trials with a scottish club, Hibs he thinks..When in actually fact it was the Huns..Think he must have heard Andy Murray was a Hibby and got mixed up.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2010, 03:15 PM
What the man sais above..

Said Murray was a great footballer and he had trials with a scottish club, Hibs he thinks..When in actually fact it was the Huns..Think he must have heard Andy Murray was a Hibby and got mixed up.

I'm sure Andy is a rangers fan, i read it somewhere?

dangermouse
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
I'm sure Andy is a rangers fan, i read it somewhere?

:stirrer:

Big_D
08-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Are they ..?...i lived in the flats in Abbotsford Drive (59)...great childhood memories, decent folk back then too ..loved Caskieberran primary aswell..:agree:

Aye a couple of blocks are gone now (not sure where 59 was) I went to Caskieberran too . The flats right across from the Rothes Arms are also no more

MSK
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
Aye a couple of blocks are gone now (not sure where 59 was) I went to Caskieberran too . The flats right across from the Rothes Arms are also no moreWe were directly opposite the Rothes Arms...my big Brother was in a tv (STV i think) advert many years ago ..running round a statue at the underpass ..this was to promote Glenrothes as a "New town".....:greengrin

I would love to see that footage again ..:greengrin

Sorry for the :hijack: folk ...

mjhibby
08-06-2010, 03:54 PM
My favourite story of dougrays has to be at the premier of enigma i think it was where he told the delicious ms kate winslet he was popping out to the pub to watch hibs against derhun at ibrox where alan ormen scored that absolute screamer in a 2-2 draw.Casually returned to the premier after the game to the bemusement of ms winslet.Priceless.

IWasThere2016
08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Aye a couple of blocks are gone now (not sure where 59 was) I went to Caskieberran too . The flats right across from the Rothes Arms are also no more

We were directly opposite the Rothes Arms...my big Brother was in a tv (STV i think) advert many years ago ..running round a statue at the underpass ..this was to promote Glenrothes as a "New town".....:greengrin

I stayed the other side of the Rothes Arms .. do you remember the Apollo lounge?

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I stayed the other side of the Rothes Arms .. do you remember the Apollo lounge?

Gita room yous!! :greengrin

Big_D
08-06-2010, 05:07 PM
We were directly opposite the Rothes Arms...my big Brother was in a tv (STV i think) advert many years ago ..running round a statue at the underpass ..this was to promote Glenrothes as a "New town".....:greengrin

Alford Drive then surely ?

Big_D
08-06-2010, 05:08 PM

More or less lived in the place from 78 till they knocked it down , I met my wife in the Apollo . Used to be a great place

lyonhibs
08-06-2010, 05:30 PM
My favourite story of dougrays has to be at the premier of enigma i think it was where he told the delicious ms kate winslet he was popping out to the pub to watch hibs against derhun at ibrox where alan ormen scored that absolute screamer in a 2-2 draw.Casually returned to the premier after the game to the bemusement of ms winslet.Priceless.

Couldn't remember it was him or AN Other celbrity that had nipped away from a movie premiere to watch a Hibs game, but this story is the one I've heard, so it must have been Dougray Scott.

Legend.