PDA

View Full Version : Albion Bar

18/03/07
07-06-2010, 01:55 PM
Is this pub shut now? There was talk of it shutting near the end off the season,Also the Royal Nip open/shut?

hibeenicol
07-06-2010, 03:31 PM
I was i the albion a couple of weeks ago,it's still open. Also the nips just shut for refurbishment and I was told it's not becoming a wine bar.:wink:

.Sean.
07-06-2010, 06:17 PM
As far as i'm aware The Nip is re-opening as a wine bar. Extremely dissapointing. It'll certainly lose the football crowd. God knows were i'd go for a pre-match bevvy if The Albion is shutting, as BTG isn't a proper pub and since re-opening The Loch Inn is ******.

bingo70
07-06-2010, 06:21 PM
As far as i'm aware The Nip is re-opening as a wine bar. Extremely dissapointing. It'll certainly lose the football crowd. God knows were i'd go for a pre-match bevvy if The Albion is shutting, as BTG isn't a proper pub and since re-opening The Loch Inn is ******.

They maybe just told you that so you wouldn't go back :wink:

I think it's fair to say the nip won't be a wine bar, i imagine they'll do it up like Utopia or somewhere like that.

.Sean.
07-06-2010, 08:47 PM
They maybe just told you that so you wouldn't go back :wink:

I think it's fair to say the nip won't be a wine bar, i imagine they'll do it up like Utopia or somewhere like that.
Utopia? :bitchy:

Place is for ponces. Is it no a gay bar? I went passed it one day and there were two gays sitting at the window? I've never been in and i'm not planning to.

Nip certainly won't be the same. Probably will be The Albion next season.

Wembley67
07-06-2010, 10:50 PM

Place is for ponces. Is it no a gay bar? I went passed it one day and there were two gays sitting at the window? I've never been in and i'm not planning to.

Gay bar? Really? Want a bum Sean?

Riordans Boots
08-06-2010, 12:22 PM
Is this pub shut now? There was talk of it shutting near the end off the season,Also the Royal Nip open/shut?

Sadly, yes it is :boo hoo:

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Aye they were the days Andy..Thats where we met and it all started, Footbal in the 80.'s Gone but never forgotton ( Well the bits were i got a doing :greengrin)

hibeenicol
08-06-2010, 02:06 PM
Sadly, yes it is :boo hoo:

When did it shut? I was in a fortnight ago, and the barman seemed puzzled when I asked if it was shutting down.

Riordans Boots
08-06-2010, 02:47 PM
When did it shut? I was in a fortnight ago, and the barman seemed puzzled when I asked if it was shutting down.

Just in the last few days.

.Sean.
08-06-2010, 04:33 PM
The Albion has shut down for good. **** sake man.

lyonhibs
08-06-2010, 05:13 PM

Two gays sitting?? IN A WINDOW?? IN FULL VIEW OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC??

How VERY dare they!!!!

Or was it just 2 mates having a pint in a pub?

I've been into Utopia a couple of times for a post match pint. Does that make me a ponce? How is the place for ponces anyway? Because the walls aren't plastered with pennants from the 70's and caricatures of The Famous Five, and the upholstery choice isn't from the "1950's Spit and Sawdust" range??