IWasThere2016
07-06-2010, 12:08 PM
Good luck to him.

I always liked him as a player.

:agree: I remember a late late winner (I think) v the Sheep at ER :confused:

bawheid
07-06-2010, 12:09 PM
:agree: I remember a late late winner (I think) v the Sheep at ER :confused:

I remember that goal. Did we not beat them 3-1 and he scored the 3rd?

IWasThere2016
07-06-2010, 12:10 PM

I'm wrestling with 2-1 or 2-2 :confused: Would have been 1990? I just remember being at the back of the East getting ready for a quick getaway and he scored bottom right ..

bawheid
07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I'm wrestling with 2-1 or 2-2 :confused: Would have been 1990? I just remember being at the back of the East getting ready for a quick getaway and he scored bottom right ..

Could be. That was back when you used to go so I'll bow to your knowledge. :greengrin

Hibercelona
07-06-2010, 12:20 PM

2-1 :agree:

18/03/07
07-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Danny would have went on to be a great player if he did not get his leg broken in a reserve game v the yams when he was about 18/19 year old

ballengeich
07-06-2010, 12:55 PM
Danny would have went on to be a great player if he did not get his leg broken in a reserve game v the yams when he was about 18/19 year old

IMO he was also held back at Hibs by being used as a winger, reserve to Mickey Weir. He looked better in central midfield and when he move to Raith that's where he played and blossomed.

basehibby
07-06-2010, 01:13 PM
On the Beeb.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/st_mirren/8714923.stm

:thumbsup: Good luck to Danny (except against us obviously) - I mind him coming through the ranks at ER - who'd ha thought he'd one day be an SPL manager?

aberhibsfc
07-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Good luck to the wee guy. He's grafted away to earn this opportunity. Hope he does well, well except when he plays us.

Had a lot of time for him as a player. He was Mickey Weir-esque, but there is only one Mickey Weir.

If I had Miller's job back in the day I'd have them both on the pitch. They both liked a run at the
defence and could throw in a trick or two.

PaulSmith
07-06-2010, 02:18 PM
His first signing will be to take the current Cowden goalie, who some say is the best p/t keeper in Scotland, David Hay with him. :agree:

Hamish
07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
I have seen David quite a few times and whilst he is a decent goalie and I would think he would struggle big time in the SPL, even with full time coaching.

And he supports our neighbours:greengrin

NOLA
07-06-2010, 04:06 PM

doon the slope and were dons not also down to 10 men?

ekhibee
07-06-2010, 04:14 PM
IMO he was also held back at Hibs by being used as a winger, reserve to Mickey Weir. He looked better in central midfield and when he move to Raith that's where he played and blossomed.
My thoughts exactly. On the few occasions Hibs did play him in central midfield he looked good. Maybe one that got away when you think about it.

jgl07
07-06-2010, 04:32 PM
He was outstanding in their European run ending up at Easter Road against Bayern.

MSK
07-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Really surprised at that from St Mirren ...i would have thought Tango man would have been in wi a shout (unless he wasnt interested)...:rolleyes:

weedgiehibbie
07-06-2010, 07:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwVjIa0hceQ&feature=PlayList&p=0F877111FD828484&playnext_from=PL&index=38

here's the Aberdeen game where Lennon scored in - his goal is around the 6:35 mark

Reaper
07-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Really surprised at that from St Mirren ...i would have thought Tango man would have been in wi a shout (unless he wasnt interested)...:rolleyes:

You know what though, well done to St Mirren for giving a young upcoming manager his chance. And well done to him for earning it. Like ourselves, St Mirren haven't been scared to go with the untested Manager. A Blueprint many other Scottish clubs and all clubs down south could well take notice of, then Britain would have more good British managers rather than relying on overrated foreigners when our young managers are lost to the lower leagues. :thumbsup:

Hard act to follow McPherson though who I thought done a decent Job.

Jonnyboy
07-06-2010, 07:55 PM
Danny's first ever goal for Hibs came in interesting circumstances. We were playing Aberdeen at ER, Snelders got sent off for punching Keith Wright and so centre half Brian Irvine took over in goal and saved Pat McGinlay's penalty!

Just seconds to p-lay when Willie Miller (the Hibs one) slung over a cross and Danny volleyed the ball home to win the game 1-0 for the Hibees!

Good luck in your new job Danny :thumbsup:

MSK
07-06-2010, 08:02 PM
You know what though, well done to St Mirren for giving a young upcoming manager his chance. And well done to him for earning it. Like ourselves, St Mirren haven't been scared to go with the untested Manager. A Blueprint many other Scottish clubs and all clubs down south could well take notice of, then Britain would have more good British managers rather than relying on overrated foreigners when our young managers are lost to the lower leagues. :thumbsup:

Hard act to follow McPherson though who I thought done a decent Job.100% mate ..:agree:

hibee4life1983
07-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Good on him! Really thought he was a good prospect at hibs when i was a lad.

IWasThere2016
07-06-2010, 11:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwVjIa0hceQ&feature=PlayList&p=0F877111FD828484&playnext_from=PL&index=38

here's the Aberdeen game where Lennon scored in - his goal is around the 6:35 mark

Cheers for that BUT Jonnyboy has the right game below I think!

Danny's first ever goal for Hibs came in interesting circumstances. We were playing Aberdeen at ER, Snelders got sent off for punching Keith Wright and so centre half Brian Irvine took over in goal and saved Pat McGinlay's penalty!

Just seconds to p-lay when Willie Miller (the Hibs one) slung over a cross and Danny volleyed the ball home to win the game 1-0 for the Hibees!

rainman
08-06-2010, 03:59 AM

That was a great game!

I'm sure soon after McGinley missed his penalty, Aberdeen ran up the field and won a penalty. Jim Bett skied it over the bar.

heretoday
08-06-2010, 08:09 AM
Not a strong player for Hibs but a significant member of the squad was Lennon.

He could be a future Hibs manager if he plays his cards right.