PDA

View Full Version : Leigh Griffiths?

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Would anyone take this lad back? I rate him highly and with the rumour of the Yams sniffing about him i'd be gutted if they got him. This lad can score for fun. I know we prob have enough strikers and prob aren't looking but if he was to sign for them and say Deeks or Stokes left i think we would struggle to find a talent like his. Just my thoughts of course!

aberhibsfc
07-06-2010, 11:34 AM
definately

RoscoHibby
07-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Apparently the boys a big hibby and thinks the sun shines outta deek's arse?

Wouldnae be cheap a dont think tho, Dundee have spent a bit recently.

Peevemor
07-06-2010, 11:44 AM
But can anyone take him seriously any more?

:greengrin

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
If both Deeks and Stokes are sold in this window i would like to think we are aiming higher than Leigh Griffiths

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 11:48 AM
Apparently the boys a big hibby and thinks the sun shines outta deek's arse?

Wouldnae be cheap a dont think tho, Dundee have spent a bit recently.

My wee cousin kicks about with him she says he's Hibs daft. I agree i don't think he'd be to cheap but worth sticking in a cheeky bid i think.

Riordans Boots
07-06-2010, 11:50 AM
If both Deeks and Stokes are sold in this window i would like to think we are aiming higher than Leigh Griffiths

Do you know they will defo be sold in this window :dunno:

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 11:52 AM

The main word in my post is if mate.

bawheid
07-06-2010, 11:54 AM

If the new stand falls down I hope they build a new one.

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM

I see your point mate, but Leigh is a Deeks type player, can score from nothing and thats pretty rare these days. If both were sold i'd like Leigh and maybe someone with a higher profile to play alongside him.

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 11:55 AM
If the new stand falls down I hope they build a new one.

Seems logical to me that mate :cool2:

greenlex
07-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Best of the Teckle I reckon.
Have him up front instead of Stokes in a minute.

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 11:58 AM
I see your point mate, but Leigh is a Deeks type player, can score from nothing and thats pretty rare these days. If both were sold i'd like Leigh and maybe someone with a higher profile to play alongside him.

There has been rumours about O'Connor coming back, now someone like that, someone who has scored a load of goals in the SPL that's the type of player i would like to see, will Griffiths score goals in the SPL, would be a good investment though.

brog
07-06-2010, 11:59 AM

LG also has something that Ant & Deek are a bit lacking in & that's pace. I think he's well capable of a step up but Dundee will be looking for a profit on their outlay, £150,000 I think?

basehibby
07-06-2010, 12:00 PM

He has no more idea than you or I - it's paper talk and nothing more at this stage - which is bound to happen given that they scored about 40 between them last term.

Re the OP, Griffiths sounds like he'd be a very good signing - and given Benji's departure there is probably room for another striker without anyone leaving.

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 12:03 PM
There has been rumours about O'Connor coming back, now someone like that, someone who has scored a load of goals in the SPL that's the type of player i would like to see, will Griffiths score goals in the SPL, would be a good investment though.

O'Connor would be great alongside someone like LG. Would O'Conner stay fit though? If he did i'm sure they would score a bucket load between them.

brythehibby
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM
Wasnt Griffiths on hibs books as a youngster and left / got released before he ended up at livi?

I know he's a big hibs fan, only seen him a few times playing but looks a very decent prospect.

degenerated
07-06-2010, 12:05 PM

but less than a week ago you claimed they were both definitely being punted, make your mind up :wink:

Twa Cairpets
07-06-2010, 12:17 PM
The boy is teckle wi' a big side order ae braw.

But would we get Jocky, his jetpack and wee Jocky the cat? Would Goodwillies shed be safe?

Godsahibby
07-06-2010, 12:32 PM
I'd love to see him at Hibs, the main problem in attrracting Leigh unfortunately is wages, from my understanding Dundee are offering him silly money and don't know if he has done enough for Hibs to match that, similar money to what deeks is on already!

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 12:41 PM
but less than a week ago you claimed they were both definitely being punted, make your mind up :wink:

Nice try that mate, my post said i was told they would both be leaving :wink:

Sandy
07-06-2010, 12:43 PM
Would take Leigh at ER in an instant, IF we are going to lose one of our big two (Deeks and Stokes) Then he is a natural replacement, I always wondered why we didn't go for him when he was at Livi :confused:.

Sylar
07-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Had a major attitude problem during his early stint at Easter Road and from what I know of him during his time at Livingston, he was still an arse off the field.

Perhaps he's calmed down since moving to Dundee, but the boy's a proper radge.

Still, if he's scoring on a weekly basis...

Mister P
07-06-2010, 12:49 PM
i overheard a guy who knows him say that leigh is gonna be deeks replacement. apparently that came from the horses mouth. just saying what i heard, i cant back it up. :dunno:

Ritchie
07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
Had a major attitude problem during his early stint at Easter Road and from what I know of him during his time at Livingston, he was still an arse off the field.

hardly.

steviecarnie
07-06-2010, 01:05 PM

Have you met Leigh? he's a quiet lad, definately no radge.

silverhibee
07-06-2010, 01:36 PM

A bit like Deeks then. :greengrin

steviecarnie
07-06-2010, 01:47 PM
A bit like Deeks then. :greengrin

deek did hang around with some proper nutjobs tho

Hibs90
07-06-2010, 01:59 PM
Why don't we ask sparkiehibs? ;)

Godsahibby
07-06-2010, 02:10 PM

I heard a story about him going down to Liverpool for a trial, got invited down by the head of youth development but when he got there they guy wasnt around and he was told he would still be getting a trial that day and to get stripped, Leigh refused had a go at him for wasting his time and left!

MSK
07-06-2010, 02:18 PM
Have him up front instead of Stokes in a minute.Your joking !!! Griffiths couldnae lace Stokes boots ...decent player with bags of potential but at this moment in time Stokes is far more the accomplished player ...his goals to games ratio in the SPL speaks for itself ..

MSK
07-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Have you met Leigh? he's a quiet lad, definately no radge.He is a bit radge Stevie (that may be the Magdalene in him) :greengrin

That said, he loves hibs & wants to play for his "beloved"...im sure if he did sign he would screw the nut & knuckle down ...:agree:

aberhibsfc
07-06-2010, 02:24 PM
I would see Griffiths coming in to compliment the squad with Riordan and Stokes still here.

Most of the time Derek plays on the left wing, which baffles me tbh.

I would like to see Riordan and Stokes up front with a Griffiths as a back up or just off the front two.

I think any of these players can play there and add to the teams goal tally.

I wouldnt like to see with Derek or Anthony leaving ER this season. If they did I, I'd still sign Griffiths but would be looking for more from the board in terms of replacements.

I would like to think that given the tumultous turn over of players in the last few managerial changing
seasons that we would be looking to consolidate the team and add quality here or there. We should not be contemplating selling anyone unless it is for silly money.

MSK
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I would see Griffiths coming in to compliment the squad with Riordan and Stokes still here.

Most of the time Derek plays on the left wing, which baffles me tbh.

I would like to see Riordan and Stokes up front with a Griffiths as a back up or just off the front two.

I think any of these players can play there and add to the teams goal tally.

I wouldnt like to see with Derek or Anthony leaving ER this season. If they did I, I'd still sign Griffiths but would be looking for more from the board in terms of replacements.

I would like to think that given the tumultous turn over of players in the last few managerial changing
seasons that we would be looking to consolidate the team and add quality here or there. We should not be contemplating selling anyone unless it is for silly money.You would get nowt less than 100% from the lad ..for that im sure ...:agree:`

Juice-Terry
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Seems logical to me that mate :cool2:

Not sure about that. There's a big difference between

A. If (the stand falls down) then (I hope they build a new one)

and

B. I hope that (if the stand falls down then they build a new one).

Terrible case of 'scope fallacy'. :greengrin

Sort it out Petrie.

'Mon the Cabbage!

Musselbound
07-06-2010, 02:42 PM

If either is sold then I see him as the ideal replacement. I'm sure he'd like to come to Hibs and could progress for 2-3 years before being sold on for a higher fee. Would be gutted if he signed for the Yams and scored against us.

aberhibsfc
07-06-2010, 02:51 PM
If either is sold then I see him as the ideal replacement. I'm sure he'd like to come to Hibs and could progress for 2-3 years before being sold on for a higher fee. Would be gutted if he signed for the Yams and scored against us.

He is one of these players you don't want to see turning out against us with them. Mr Petrie............

Golden Bear
07-06-2010, 02:59 PM
He is one of these players you don't want to see turning out against us with them. Mr Petrie............

I could be wrong here, but was there not talk of the mighty Hawrts wanting to sign him before he went to Dundee? Apparently he turned them down, one of the reasons being that he is an ardent Hibs fan.

In any case, I would think that Dundee will be wanting a sizeable transfer fee so that should rule the maroon balloons out.

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 03:00 PM

Exactly, Remember the last so called Hibs supporting striker who went to them? Come on Yogi stick a bid in and unsettle the lad so he comes to us. :agree:

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 03:03 PM
I could be wrong here, but was there not talk of the mighty Hawrts wanting to sign him before he went to Dundee? Apparently he turned them down, one of the reasons being that he is an ardent Hibs fan.

In any case, I would think that Dundee will be wanting a sizeable transfer fee so that should rule the maroon balloons out.

From what i have heard, he chose Dundee to progress his career and not sit on the bench as the yams only played one up front. I don't think he would turn a move to the spl down even if it was them as he will feed off Kyle. But i've no idea how they can afford him.. do they actually realise they have a huge debt and are meant to be wanting to reduce it not keep spending?

frazeHFC
07-06-2010, 03:11 PM
I'd be gutted if Hearts sign him, but i can not see them affording him.

SalfordHibs
07-06-2010, 03:44 PM
Cat was this you....

07 Jun 2010 15:45:17
Leigh Griffiths will sign for Hibs within the week. He has rejected signing talks with Hearts as he is a boyhood Hibby. Brahim Hemdani is also close to agreeing a deal.

NOLA
07-06-2010, 03:56 PM
love to see "Sparky" play for Hibs! does his mum still run the cafe next to the first and last pub??

Sylar
07-06-2010, 04:04 PM
hardly.

He certainly was when he was a bit younger! Sure it was the reason he was punted from Hibs? He did settle a bit at Livingston, though I still heard stories about nights at Club Earth, most of them being from another player at Livingston who I'm good mates with.

It could have been pish mind you, but there was more than just one account of his behaviour at times.

I suppose, compared to Darren McCormack, the guy's a f***ing Saint.

MSK
07-06-2010, 04:23 PM
He certainly was when he was a bit younger! Sure it was the reason he was punted from Hibs? He did settle a bit at Livingston, though I still heard stories about nights at Club Earth, most of them being from another player at Livingston who I'm good mates with.

It could have been pish mind you, but there was more than just one account of his behaviour at times.

I suppose, compared to Darren McCormack, the guy's a f***ing Saint.Think we have to be careful in what we say here with regards Leigh....his Dad reads this place & has intimated to me such in the past ...:wink:

With regards the Cafe...its a family business...John runs the First & Last next door ...:agree:

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 04:26 PM
Cat was this you....

07 Jun 2010 15:45:17
Leigh Griffiths will sign for Hibs within the week. He has rejected signing talks with Hearts as he is a boyhood Hibby. Brahim Hemdani is also close to agreeing a deal.

Haha nah mate, but i hope thats true :greengrin

jonjoklej
07-06-2010, 04:34 PM

take with a pinch of salt

MSK
07-06-2010, 04:40 PM

take with a pinch of saltNever !!! :rolleyes:

sahib
07-06-2010, 04:48 PM

I suppose, compared to Darren McCormack, the guy's a f***ing Saint.

Do you know this for a fact? It seems to me that a remark is made on here and it is repeated until it is assumed to be true. Anyway lots of great players such as Willie Hamilton and G. Best have had a bit of a wayward streak in them.

Barney McGrew
07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
But would we get Jocky, his jetpack and wee Jocky the cat? Would Goodwillies shed be safe?

Ask the Pope if you see him up the Fairmuir clubbie - he would ken likesay.

I'm sure Leigh would be more than happy to move his teepee from Caird Park to the Links if he got the chance.

Jones28
07-06-2010, 05:27 PM
LG also has something that Ant & Deek are a bit lacking in & that's pace. I think he's well capable of a step up but Dundee will be looking for a profit on their outlay, £150,000 I think?

I hate to think thats outwith Hibs budget

What did we sign Nish for?

essexhibee
07-06-2010, 05:48 PM
Have him up front instead of Stokes in a minute.

Eh?!!!! :confused::confused:

Thats benching a 23 goal striker. Hmmmm :rolleyes:

Thecat23
07-06-2010, 07:42 PM

I hate to think thats outwith Hibs budget

What did we sign Nish for?

Wasn't it 50k we gave Killie for him to leave in the Jan transfer window, rather than wait till summer for him?

hibee4life1983
07-06-2010, 10:40 PM
I would take leigh in a micro second, hibs daft and reminds me of a young mr riordan!
You cant pass up quality like that twice.

Ive heard theres no way he'd sign for hearts and would jump at the chance to play for us.

Sylar
07-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Do you know this for a fact? It seems to me that a remark is made on here and it is repeated until it is assumed to be true. Anyway lots of great players such as Willie Hamilton and G. Best have had a bit of a wayward streak in them.

I thought the "?" would have covered it, but no, I do not. I had been told as much and was merely querying the validity of the "tale".

Lets be honest - what laddies aren't radges at the age of 14/15?

Diclonius
07-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Sign him up Petrie, especially if we're losing Riordan. :agree: I'd be gutted if the ****bos even got near this guy.

greenlex
08-06-2010, 06:11 AM
Eh?!!!!

Thats benching a 23 goal striker. Hmmmm

Don't be confused I would sell Stokes and replace him.

Hibs On Tour
08-06-2010, 08:57 AM
Hiya Leigh. Hiya pal! :greengrin

Least his website blog is Hibs class...!