PDA

View Full Version : Aberdeen season ticket prices

Antifa Hibs
07-06-2010, 09:52 AM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100513/join-the-red-revolution_2212158_2048880

£221 for an adult in the family section? £286 for an adult behind the goal?

Fair play to them! Always been one of the cheaper clubs........ Despite being that cheap, decent sized club in a fairly large city, their attendences are still utter ******!

Mikey
07-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Good stuff. We can check their attendances throughout the season to see if it makes a difference.

Mikey
07-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Here are their average attendances for the last two seasons..........

2008/09... 12,948
2009/10... 10,120

Spike Mandela
07-06-2010, 10:29 AM
We are clearly paying, in part for the new infrastructure.

I am currently paying £405 pounds for a season ticket on a par with some of my OF friends . Until now I don't think I am viewing the quality of team that justifies paying this level of outlay.I live in hope that this may change sometime soon.(I'm not holding my breath though:wink:)

Aberdeen prices are more in line with their product on the park and closer to what I think we should be paying.

Sprouleflyer
07-06-2010, 11:04 AM
http://www.afc.co.uk/articles/20100513/join-the-red-revolution_2212158_2048880

£221 for an adult in the family section? £286 for an adult behind the goal?

Fair play to them! Always been one of the cheaper clubs........ Despite being that cheap, decent sized club in a fairly large city, their attendences are still utter ******!

To be fair to the supporters, they have been playing utter dross for a number of years.

Probably drove away a few fans.

They can get on occassions 19K-20K crowds for one off games against the Huns and when they are in Europe.

hibsboy90
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Good to see that they do a 10 game ST for shift workers, offshore etc.

Might see if students are eligible, living up there, and when the hibees are away means for a not so exciting saturday.

Radio and listen to hibs or go watch the sheep? :dunno:

Sammy7nil
07-06-2010, 11:24 AM
Hibs used to be very competitive especially when taking along Kids £405 is now way out of line for the quality on display and there will be a revolt if no improvement on performance (not finishing pos as 4th is acceptable) or placings this season.

When wee Russell was playing well or Mowbray was in charge I would have stole to watch those teams. Came close not renewing this year and picking my games but as always I gave in.

greenlex
07-06-2010, 12:01 PM
7.79 a week to watch the cabbage isn't a bad deal to be honest. Majority of folks will spend more on bevy and piss it up against a wall.

Mikey
07-06-2010, 12:10 PM
7.79 a week to watch the cabbage isn't a bad deal to be honest. Majority of folks will spend more on bevy and piss it up against a wall.

I'm £7.30 a week :greengrin

Spot on though.

brydekirk
07-06-2010, 12:13 PM
:agree: and we can buy players, dout afc will be paying for anyone.

IWasThere2016
07-06-2010, 12:15 PM

A bit of Yamathematics there A!

greenlex
07-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Was replying to Spikes post of £405 per year for a season ticket. I reckon my maths rounded up to the penny is spot on

Kojock
07-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Was replying to Spikes post of £405 per year for a season ticket. I reckon my maths rounded up to the penny is spot on

18 home games for £405 = £22.50 per game :agree:

Keith_M
07-06-2010, 02:51 PM

How do you arrive at that figure?

:confused:

It's actually 19 games, TBF, but that still works out at £21.30 per game. Not much incentive for buying a ST as opposed to walk-up prices, especially as most folk miss at least a couple of games per season.

DC_Hibs
07-06-2010, 02:56 PM

52 weeks in a year.

SouthamptonHibs
07-06-2010, 06:15 PM

St has been renewed but like the stat under £8 a week to watch the cabbage now thats a bargin! New stand new stadium and europe...we're on the right track. Roll on 14th Aug hail hail

Keith_M
07-06-2010, 07:14 PM
52 weeks in a year.

Aha, I'm just a bit slow.

:wink:

scoopyboy
07-06-2010, 07:19 PM

I get 19 home games with my season ticket mate, I think you are being done.

Jonnyboy
07-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Here are their average attendances for the last two seasons..........

2008/09... 12,948
2009/10... 10,120

McGoo will help that trend continue :agree:

seanraff07
07-06-2010, 08:28 PM
AFC have such low ST prices cause their players on the park are utter gash, simple as guys.:greengrin

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Surprised at the prices considering the amount of debt they have where do they make money? if you were getting 16000+ plus through the turnstiles then fair enough but they struggle to get 10000 at the best of times!

seanshow
07-06-2010, 09:25 PM

Oh cool, who are we playing this week at ER :whistle:

Fair Play to the sheepies, that is neearer a fair price for spl football imo.

hibeedonald
07-06-2010, 09:27 PM
im going walk up next season, to more or less every home game, but i always miss a couple due to holiday etc.

marinello59
07-06-2010, 09:31 PM
Surprised at the prices considering the amount of debt they have where do they make money? if you were getting 16000+ plus through the turnstiles then fair enough but they struggle to get 10000 at the best of times!

They are on a downward spiral and it looks like there is still a long way down for them. They can't raise ST prices because their fans are disenchanted enough...........meaning their playing staff budget continues to fall.............making the fans even less likely to make the effort of going along to their decrepit stadium. (Of course they are going to replace that with brand spanking new stadium when they get some dosh to pay for it. Total funding so far, zilch.) Meanwhile failed chip shop owner Willie Miller continues to draw a mighty salary from them for helping to keep the failure going. We may have to pay more for our season tickets but when you see the shambles that is unfolding at that crumbling club it makes it much less painful to pay up.
GGTTH

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Oh cool, who are we playing this week at ER :whistle:

Fair Play to the sheepies, that is neearer a fair price for spl football imo.

Agree i admit crowds would probably be far higher if things were slightly cheaper yet with an aberdeen season ticket that cheap where are all there fans went to? been to pittodrie many a time for hibs games and the aberdeen home support has been shocking?:confused:

bingo70
07-06-2010, 09:41 PM
Agree i admit crowds would probably be far higher if things were slightly cheaper yet with an aberdeen season ticket that cheap where are all there fans went to? been to pittodrie many a time for hibs games and the aberdeen home support has been shocking?:confused:

IMO the difference your talking makes next to no difference to the crowds, the only important factor is the quality on the park.

When we were getting bigger crowds under mowbrey it wasn't that much cheaper and people still found the money to pay ridiculous prices for Tynecastle, so much so we were queing up from 3-4am to try and get a ticket.

Basically as Aberdeen will prove this season to get the crowds back it's not about making it cheaper, it's about making it more entertaining, unfortunately thats much easier said than done.

Lofarl
07-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Funny thing using aberdeens own league table it links to every clubs website. Now I've never really visited any other spl club website except the yams out of humor.

Now they are all very much the same. Renew for next year, player interviews, new signings yada yada yada. That is untill you visit Celtics. Rememberence of the famine mass this sunday. Win your own famine memorial T-shirt. Thats right folks more than a club and all that.

Utter pathetic. You do not see Hibs or even Dundee Utd commemerating events like this, because they happened in a different country. Irrespective of our teams roots.

Oh and what type of club puts a link to this on the main page

http://www.celticfc.net/home/corporate/Unacceptableconduct.aspx

Jonnyboy
07-06-2010, 09:46 PM
They are on a downward spiral and it looks like there is still a long way down for them. They can't raise ST prices because their fans are disenchanted enough...........meaning their playing staff budget continues to fall.............making the fans even less likely to make the effort of going along to their decrepit stadium. (Of course they are going to replace that with brand spanking new stadium when they get some dosh to pay for it. Total funding so far, zilch.) Meanwhile failed chip shop owner Willie Miller continues to draw a mighty salary from them for helping to keep the failure going. We may have to pay more for our season tickets but when you see the shambles that is unfolding at that crumbling club it makes it much less painful to pay up.
GGTTH

Am I right in thinking he's a twice failed chip shop owner J?

Also, do you know what the general feeling is of Dons fans towards their one time legend?

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 09:52 PM
GGTTH

could not agree more :top marks

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 09:57 PM
IMO the difference your talking makes next to no difference to the crowds, the only important factor is the quality on the park.

When we were getting bigger crowds under mowbrey it wasn't that much cheaper and people still found the money to pay ridiculous prices for Tynecastle, so much so we were queing up from 3-4am to try and get a ticket.

Basically as Aberdeen will prove this season to get the crowds back it's not about making it cheaper, it's about making it more entertaining, unfortunately thats much easier said than done.

I see your point but i know a few hibbys that don't go because they cant afford a season ticket. Would cheaper tickets not help those fans? But yes i see where you are coming from.

Sweep
07-06-2010, 10:01 PM
My yam mate was telling me that they can get an adult season ticket for as low as £175 for category B games. Only miss Hibs and OF games.

marinello59
07-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Am I right in thinking he's a twice failed chip shop owner J?

Also, do you know what the general feeling is of Dons fans towards their one time legend?

He is indeed a twice failed chip shop owner, both failures leaving thousands of pounds of unpaid debts.
My general feeling is that a large number of Dons fans just don't care that much anymore. For some reason Miller still seems to get an easy ride. Only an Aberdeen supporter could explain that one.

bingo70
07-06-2010, 10:05 PM
I see your point but i know a few hibbys that don't go because they cant afford a season ticket. Would cheaper tickets not help those fans? But yes i see where you are coming from.

TBH, you'd think it would but all the evidence says otherwise.

No offence intended as i clearly don't know you or your mates but if we were playing class and challenging the old firm for the league next year i bet you your friends and other people like them would sacrifices other luxuries so they could go to the football.

The reason the crowds are low now is that the entertainment on the park isn't good enough to justify making other sacrifices like golf clubs or holidays which is absolutely fine, when money is tight these are decisions that need to be made, i just get a bit annoyed by the relentless posts from people saying tickets should be cheaper with no ideas how to make up for the loss of income.

It's like a lot of people think clubs are being greedy even though most are making next to no money outside of player sales

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 10:07 PM
He is indeed a twice failed chip shop owner, both failures leaving thousands of pounds of unpaid debts.
My general feeling is that a large number of Dons fans just don't care that much anymore. For some reason Miller still seems to get an easy ride. Only an Aberdeen supporter could explain that one.

I know one aberdeen supporter seems to think the sun shines out his behind, as you said why i don't know!:confused:

Jonnyboy
07-06-2010, 10:07 PM

That's the impression I get too. It seems his past deeds are like a suit of armour!

greenlex
07-06-2010, 10:08 PM
My yam mate was telling me that they can get an adult season ticket for as low as £175 for category B games. Only miss Hibs and OF games.
Aye but you have to watch pish every game.:wink:

ionahibby
07-06-2010, 10:13 PM
TBH, you'd think it would but all the evidence says otherwise.

No offence intended as i clearly don't know you or your mates but if we were playing class and challenging the old firm for the league next year i bet you your friends and other people like them would sacrifices other luxuries so they could go to the football.

The reason the crowds are low now is that the entertainment on the park isn't good enough to justify making other sacrifices like golf clubs or holidays which is absolutely fine, when money is tight these are decisions that need to be made, i just get a bit annoyed by the relentless posts from people saying tickets should be cheaper with no ideas how to make up for the loss of income.

It's like a lot of people think clubs are being greedy even though most are making next to no money outside of player sales

No offence taking my friend yes your are probably right. Have a number of hibby pals complain they cant afford it , maybe they are just tight!:agree:

dangermouse
08-06-2010, 10:58 AM

:confused:

It's actually 19 games, TBF, but that still works out at £21.30 per game. Not much incentive for buying a ST as opposed to walk-up prices, especially as most folk miss at least a couple of games per season.

But you're forgetting there will be at least 6 category A games which are priced dearer so a season ticket is much better value than walk up prices.

Danderhall Hibs
08-06-2010, 12:03 PM

Noone knows how many home games we'll get yet. All we know is it'll be no less than 18 and no more than 20. The split's barry. :greengrin

IWasThere2016
08-06-2010, 12:06 PM

:greengrin

McGoo will help that trend continue :agree:

:agree: Hopefully!

Steve-O
22-06-2010, 06:59 AM
Season tickets are sheeeeite value these days IMO. Couldn't believe it when I got the email today saying that tickets in the new East are 405 quid. Pretty sure I paid 110 quid less than this not so long ago.