PDA

View Full Version : Remembering the big fella!

MrSmith
06-06-2010, 10:57 AM
It was about this time last year big Mixu decided to fall on the proverbial sword and leave us. I have to say I was gutted because never have I wanted someone to succeed as much as I did Mixu. He did the honorable thing at the time, leaving us in reasonable condition and without as much as a bad word said in anger considering what he had to put up with near the end.

Good luck Mixu I wish you all the success in the world and hope to see you back at home (ER) soon.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::notworthy:

PISTOL1875
06-06-2010, 04:28 PM
It was about this time last year big Mixu decided to fall on the proverbial sword and leave us. I have to say I was gutted because never have I wanted someone to succeed as much as I did Mixu. He did the honorable thing at the time, leaving us in reasonable condition and without as much as a bad word said in anger considering what he had to put up with near the end.

Good luck Mixu I wish you all the success in the world and hope to see you back at home (ER) soon.

Why were you gutted ?? Did you watch HIbs under Mixu ?? It was brutal to say the least....

MrSmith
06-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Yes I did watch them but the explanation is in the sentence.

MSK
06-06-2010, 04:39 PM
I loved the big man ..however he failed as a manager...

H18sry
06-06-2010, 04:42 PM
If Danny Lennon goes to ST Midden don't be surprised if Mixu ends up at Cowdenbeath, Legend as a player but as a manager........................:wink:

Baldy Foghorn
06-06-2010, 05:35 PM
The trouble with appointing ex players who have been held in high esteem as a player, is that at some point through their managerial appointment, it possibly goes wrong, and then the masses will turn agaist the said person.

Liked Mixu as a person, footballer, but as a manager he was woeful....:boo hoo:

RickyS
06-06-2010, 05:40 PM

:top marks:

500miles
06-06-2010, 06:09 PM
I reckon we would have finished fourth this season if Mixu was still here. We wouldn't have come flying out the traps like we did, but I don't think we would have slumped like we did at the end.

What's more, I don't think the football would be much worse. Yogi's tried to implement good football, and has been able to do it with the right personnel, but Mixu wanted us to be hard to beat first and foremost, and didn't have the luxury of working with the likes of Zemmama and Miller who could add that spark. Mixu wanted us to get forward quickly, but when people actually bothered listening to him, it was clear than the long ball wasn't his preference. He wanted to get the ball to the creative types straight away, by means of the wings and wee 2 and 3 pass moves.

Then you look at Mixu's signings - particularly Riordan, Murray, Bamba, Rankin and Nish who have all proven thier worth this year. Danny Galbraith was also a Mixu signing, and looks to have potential. He had a couple of flops, but so has Yogi. Mixu was also a few year behind Yogi in learning his trade.

Mixu made mistakes, but he was something of a victim of circumstance, and impatience on the part of the fans.