PDA

View Full Version : Michael Hart Sets His Sights On Coming To Hibs

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/06/06/preston-defender-michael-hart-sets-sights-on-move-to-hibs-86908-22314220/

Seems he is on a decent contract at Preston

Spike Mandela
06-06-2010, 10:25 AM
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2010/06/06/preston-defender-michael-hart-sets-sights-on-move-to-hibs-86908-22314220/

Seems he is on a decent contract at Preston

What a tart. Prostituting himself in the media for a move and with quotes. Next please!!!

SalfordHibs
06-06-2010, 10:27 AM
What a tart. Prostituting himself in the media for a move and with quotes. Next please!!!

Depending on what money he is on at Preston might stop the move, although he did say he was close to leaving before Irvine got sacked

hibbie02
06-06-2010, 10:32 AM

Exactly. If he wants to stay at Preston on a good wage for a year and do nowt, then that shows his ambition. I doubt he would get e decent move after that. :agree:

Aldo
06-06-2010, 10:38 AM
SSN has just indicated that Hart is happy to stay on at PNE unless he gets the same wages he is on.

This will mean both he and the club will have to come to some sort of arrangement to pay up the rest of his contract???

Another one bites the dust????

Toaods
06-06-2010, 10:41 AM

Petrie: "Eh, as you said Michael....you're 30 now."

matty_f
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I can't imagine he's wanting too much considering he says that terms were pretty much agreed in january.

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-06-2010, 11:09 AM
I don't know where agents and commision fees and all that are rolled up into this, but isn't the solution to this fairly obvious? He wants to come and play for us and given all the hints in the past it's fair to say that Hughes would like him? No disrespect to our players, but once up to speed he would be a regular pick and that means his pay would be boosted by appearance money and [hopefully] win bonuses. So why does he not settle the remainder of his PNE contract for 50% of its' value? I don't see how he could lose out. Unless he is not sure that he would get a regular run in our team, and would rather sit on his erchie? If he does not have the appetitie for that challenge, then maybe he is not the kind of body we need in the first place.:hmmm:

Elephant Stone
06-06-2010, 11:10 AM

I don't see anything wrong with it at all. He's been told by his club that he's surplus to requirements and it seems perfectly reasonable that he should be able to invite clubs to try and get him.

Jim44
06-06-2010, 11:35 AM

My God, fancy Hibs taking on a guy who would actually want's to play for them. :rolleyes:

Spike Mandela
06-06-2010, 11:41 AM
My God, fancy Hibs taking on a guy who would actually want's to play for them. :rolleyes:

Sorry, my reading of this article is an invite to other teams to pay closer to his Preston wage than someone who wants to play for Hibs.

Do we really need a 'Kingston' type at Hibs?

sixtwo
06-06-2010, 11:49 AM
I'd rather he'd shut his trap until something was done. I know it's good for us fans to hear someone is linked with us but to me, that article reads more like 'I'm looking for a move, hibs are interested, anyone else want to come and get me????'

I hope yogi has a list of defenders he is looking at. Maybe he can look closer at the other names on the list. Hart seems to be a wee tart looking for the money rather than progressing his career, playing european football and challenging for some silverware! Throw into the mix he has had a few injuries, I'm not sure he is the answer to our defensive woes!

Ferry Hibbee
06-06-2010, 11:59 AM
I don't think Messers Hughes and Petrie will be too chuffed about this newspaper article if you consider that a current player was fined for criticising the playing surface. Would not be surprised to hear that we are no longer interested in signing Michael Hart.:bye:

Riordans Boots
06-06-2010, 12:07 PM
I don't think Messers Hughes and Petrie will be too chuffed about this newspaper article if you consider that a current player was fined for criticising the playing surface. Would not be surprised to hear that we are no longer interested in signing Michael Hart.:bye:

I was informed away last week that this was a done deal .... however, I think you could be right here FH.

Wilson
06-06-2010, 12:12 PM

It sounds like a lot of effort has already been put into courting his signature. I don't think that work would be thrown away over what is now the normal self-interested whoring from any player on the move.

He can play the position. Yogi has identified him as the player he wants and now we have to play the game. It is up to Rod et al to sort out a package that will get Yogi his first choice target.

Toaods
06-06-2010, 01:12 PM
I can't imagine he's wanting too much considering he says that terms were pretty much agreed in january.

that was for the loan deal though(presumably only to the end of the season just finished).

To buy him out of his remaining year's contract at Preston will be a different ballgame altogether, as he wants the loot and Preston obviously want a fee.

silverhibee
06-06-2010, 01:19 PM
I was informed away last week that this was a done deal .... however, I think you could be right here FH.

:agree:

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2010, 01:22 PM
I cant see what the problem is? Preston dont want him, he's on a decent contract, he's letting them know just how much they will have to pay him to get rid. If he's on £5k a week, and we are offering half, preston better be prepared to make the rest up, or they have a £5k a week reserve at the club.

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 01:41 PM
To risky a signing, I think the guy has played just under 200 competitive games in over ten years. Injury prone, not been playing regular footie and would demand a decent wage. Nah, not for me thanks.

hibee4life1983
06-06-2010, 02:44 PM
He can get tae **** for that article, looking for a big wage, at 30 as someone pointed out is too much of a risk.

Jim44
06-06-2010, 02:54 PM

On reflection and because I didn't read the article properly, I retract my above sarcastic comment. This guy sounds as if he is out for all he can get and just using Hibs. :bitchy:

seanraff07
06-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Does anyone know what he's actually on at Preston?

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Does anyone know what he's actually on at Preston?

Think he's on the injury table or the bench most of the time :wink:

MSK
06-06-2010, 04:31 PM
On reflection and because I didn't read the article properly, I retract my above sarcastic comment. This guy sounds as if he is out for all he can get and just using Hibs. :bitchy:So its in the record that means its true ...deary ****ing me ..when will folk ever learn not to believe all they read in the daily rags !!!! :bitchy:

FromTheCapital
06-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Didn't Hart not play for Aberdeen at one point. If it's the Hart i'm thinking of then we may be on the brink of signing a good quality Right Back.:agree:

Jim44
06-06-2010, 04:54 PM
So its in the record that means its true ...deary ****ing me ..when will folk ever learn not to believe all they read in the daily rags !!!! :bitchy:

I tend to believe most articles which are smothered with direct quotation marks as opposed to the 'the Sun understands..............' , 'the Sotsman has learned........' etc. I've no real reason to believe that all these quotes are invented by the Daily Rantic.

MSK
06-06-2010, 05:00 PM
I tend to believe most articles which are smothered with direct quotation marks as opposed to the 'the Sun understands..............' , 'the Sotsman has learned........' etc. I've no real reason to believe that all these quotes are invented by the Daily Rantic.Then if that is a direct quote (which i dont believe it is) he is surely pricing himself out of a move to Scotland, certainly going by his age & limited playing experience of late ...

CRAZYHIBBY
06-06-2010, 07:51 PM
is he any good? :confused:

matty_f
07-06-2010, 11:45 AM
that was for the loan deal though(presumably only to the end of the season just finished).

To buy him out of his remaining year's contract at Preston will be a different ballgame altogether, as he wants the loot and Preston obviously want a fee.

Hughes was interested in signing the defender in January and came within a whisker of landing him.
But the deal fell apart when Irvine was axed by Preston, paving the way for Ferguson to take over.
Hart revealed: "I was closing to leaving before Darren came in - either on loan or a transfer "Hibs were there or thereabouts and the deal was almost done the morning Alan got sacked."

That's not quite what it says there. It looks like there was scope for a permanent deal at that time.

Woody1985
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
What's the big deal? The guys trying to set him and his family up for as much of their life as possible. From what I've read, he can play football and fits what we need.

Not everyone is a die hard fan and wants to declare their undying love for Hibs. We'd pay him and providing he plays to his ability then there's no issue.

The guys just saying what every other player does but doesn't say. Did Kyle sign for Hearts because he's always wanted to play for them? I'm guessing no and that he took the highest offer possible to suit his family life i.e. not leaving Britain but I bet he still scores goals for them.

basehibby
07-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't see what some posters are getting so hot under the collar about - Hart has merely stated that he's got a year left to run on his deal and, much as he's keen to move, he's not willing to take a massive cut in wages as he has his future to think about.

So WTF is so objectionable about that :confused:

It sounds in any case like he was close to agreement in january so Hibs' offer surely can't be far away from what he's looking for anyway. We'll find out in the fullness of time I suppose.

RyeSloan
07-06-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't see what some posters are getting so hot under the collar about - Hart has merely stated that he's got a year left to run on his deal and, much as he's keen to move, he's not willing to take a massive cut in wages as he has his future to think about.

So WTF is so objectionable about that :confused:

It sounds in any case like he was close to agreement in january so Hibs' offer surely can't be far away from what he's looking for anyway. We'll find out in the fullness of time I suppose.

Totally...the guy simply states that he is on a good contract for another year so will not let that simply go out the window for a game else where but on significantly reduced wage.

Sounds like plain common sense to me and a striaght and honest answer to a question.

Sure if you were a Hibs fan you might play for the Cabbage for free but this guy is a professional and therefore needs to look after himself first and foremost...leaving behind a year long lucrative contract for a substantial pay cut is not what most people on here would do I bet!!

Although his injury record is a concern I think he would be a good signing and always thought he was a stand out in his Aberdeen days.

Dashing Bob S
07-06-2010, 01:58 PM
Was more than decent at Aberdeen as was Paul Hartley at the Yams, but the same logic applies. However he tries to talk himself up, the fact is that he's a thirty year old, injury prone Preston North End reserve defender, surplus to requirements at that club and on an obviously inflated contract, the likes of which he won't see again at this stage of his career, and certainly not at Easter Road.

I think he could do a job at Easter Road, but I wouldn't 'bustin no nuts and breakin no bank' to sign him up. There are other defenders who could do the job for less risk.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 08:58 AM
With the financial mess Preston are in right now will that not work in Hibs favour, i.e. them getting a player off their wage bill :cool2:

Stevie Reid
08-06-2010, 09:12 AM
is he any good? :confused:

I would be really very excited about a Hibs right side with Hart and Wotherspoon linking up.

DC_Hibs
08-06-2010, 09:21 AM
With the financial mess Preston are in right now will that not work in Hibs favour, i.e. them getting a player off their wage bill :cool2:

You said it - Preston are in a financial mess.
How do they get a player off their wage bill.....with a pay off.
Granted it will save them money over the long term but initially they'd have to shell out a lump sum so not as easy as you suggest.

Hart has been fit for the last 6 months and would be a very good signing for us so fingers crossed it happens.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Granted it will save them money over the long term but initially they'd have to shell out a lump sum so not as easy as you suggest.

Hart has been fit for the last 6 months and would be a very good signing for us so fingers crossed it happens.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/06/08/hibs-swoop-for-preston-defender-michael-hart-stalls-86908-22318300/

:grr:

Spike Mandela
08-06-2010, 09:39 AM

Doesn't sound like Preston will be doing any movements very soon........

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/hibernian/2010/06/08/hibs-swoop-for-preston-defender-michael-hart-stalls-86908-22318300/

bingo70
08-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Doesn't sound like Preston will be doing any movements very soon........

would imagine a loan deal wouldn't be ruled out by this :dunno:

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 09:47 AM
would imagine a loan deal wouldn't be ruled out by this :dunno:

Not sure mate as i understand no players are allowed to leave or come in while the club are under investigation for unpaid taxes

jonty
08-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Was more than decent at Aberdeen as was Paul Hartley at the Yams, but the same logic applies. However he tries to talk himself up, the fact is that he's a thirty year old, injury prone Preston North End reserve defender, surplus to requirements at that club and on an obviously inflated contract, the likes of which he won't see again at this stage of his career, and certainly not at Easter Road.

I think he could do a job at Easter Road, but I wouldn't 'bustin no nuts and breakin no bank' to sign him up. There are other defenders who could do the job for less risk.

Correct :agree:
Out of favour with Irvine, then quickly out of favour with Ferguson after being given a run in the team.

The winding up order is old news - daily ****** up to speed as usual.:bitchy:

With the new owner in place at PNE I can see him clearing the decks (which started with Irvine, allegedly) and getting contracts sorted out. Ridiculous parachute payments from the EPL have piled extra pressure on clubs in the Championship clubs living outwith their own means trying to keep up.

We just can't compete with Championship level contracts.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Here's what the Preston fans think of it

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=426&fid=204&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121339309

CapitalHibs
08-06-2010, 01:02 PM
This deal has got an increasingly bad smell about it.:faint: Hope Yogi has got some other right-backs lined up.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 01:25 PM
This deal has got an increasingly bad smell about it.:faint: Hope Yogi has got some other right-backs lined up.

Say he was on 5/6k a week at Preston and he has already made it clear he isn't coming for anything less, would it not be better if we got in David Gray at Man Utd he was the right back we were linked with before, heard really good things about the lad.

http://www.manutd.com/publish.sps?pagegid=%7B586F3BDA-BAD0-484E-AA1B-C0464DF06DF7%7D&teamid=435&section=playerProfile&bioid=91990

Jim44
08-06-2010, 01:54 PM

Say he was on 5/6k a week at Preston and he has already made it clear he isn't coming for anything less, would it not be better if we got in David Gray at Man Utd he was the right back we were linked with before, heard really good things about the lad.

http://www.manutd.com/publish.sps?pagegid=%7B586F3BDA-BAD0-484E-AA1B-C0464DF06DF7%7D&teamid=435&section=playerProfile&bioid=91990

If there is any mileage in this situation with Hart, I think Hibs should drop it like a hot potato. There is absolutely no chance of Hart bulldozing a deal with Petrie and it would appear that Hibs have said little or nothing on the matter. We should quietly walk away from this possible deal which probably never existed in the first place.

basehibby
08-06-2010, 02:33 PM
If there is any mileage in this situation with Hart, I think Hibs should drop it like a hot potato. There is absolutely no chance of Hart bulldozing a deal with Petrie and it would appear that Hibs have said little or nothing on the matter. We should quietly walk away from this possible deal which probably never existed in the first place.

It all depends what other RBs are available and how good they are and at what price.
None of us know how much Hart is on at PNE but from reading the comments on the PNE forum thread about them living beyond their means, I suspect that if he has any intention of coming to Hibs he'll have to negotiate down a bit. If he's not prepared to do that then screw him - he can see out his dotage in their reserves while some other lucky RB earns their money by playing football with Hibs in the SPL and Europe.

I'm not sure just how good a player Hart is - if he was going to be a lynchpin of the side and REALLY raise the bar then maybe he'd be worth pushing the boat out for a bit - but from what I'm hearing I'd expect him to be good addition to the team without being anything spectacular (no caps afterall) - and therefore it would be crazy to distort the wage structure to accomodate him - we do need a good right back but we're not that desparate yet.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 03:09 PM
It all depends what other RBs are available and how good they are and at what price.
None of us know how much Hart is on at PNE but from reading the comments on the PNE forum thread about them living beyond their means, I suspect that if he has any intention of coming to Hibs he'll have to negotiate down a bit. If he's not prepared to do that then screw him - he can see out his dotage in their reserves while some other lucky RB earns their money by playing football with Hibs in the SPL and Europe.

I'm not sure just how good a player Hart is - if he was going to be a lynchpin of the side and REALLY raise the bar then maybe he'd be worth pushing the boat out for a bit - but from what I'm hearing I'd expect him to be good addition to the team without being anything spectacular (no caps afterall) - and therefore it would be crazy to distort the wage structure to accomodate him - we do need a good right back but we're not that desparate yet.

I wouldn't imagine David Gray would cost alot.

stubru59
08-06-2010, 03:11 PM

Hit the nail on the head. Good post too.

CapitalHibs
08-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Gray is out of contract, I believe.

Lofarl
08-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I wouldn't imagine David Gray would cost alot.

aye he must have made a packet making all that crap music too

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 03:26 PM
aye he must have made a packet making all that crap music too

Ah the old ones are the best :rolleyes:

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 03:27 PM
Gray is out of contract, I believe.

Wouldn't be looking for the same wages as Hart wants, local Edinburgh lad

mjhibby
08-06-2010, 04:02 PM
I think his interview was good until he mentioned the wages but i cant help feeling he was replying to a question of whether he was looking for the same money.He does sound as if he would be happy to come to hibs and surely we should trying to sign players who actually want to sign for us.Ideal player for rb at the right age.Over to you yogi.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Wouldn't be looking for the same wages as Hart wants, local Edinburgh lad

How much is he looking for?

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:16 PM
Im gonna go against the grain with a few posters on here..I think MH would be a very welcome and decent qaulity addition to the sqaud.

Remember him well in his Aberdeen days and is a very decent defender with a good turn of pace..Not to sure about the injury prone bit as others are questioning, IIRC he never missed many games with the sheep, Only seen him play once for Preston and that was against Chelsea in the fa cup..Id prefer him to Gray as others are suggesting, MH Is a tried and tested spl defender who done great IMO..we have went through the whole season without a RB so we need one pronto that we know can do a job.

Let some other club take a gamble on Gray, If he's a success then well done, But id take MH over DG anyday the week.

MH For Hibs? Yes please.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 04:27 PM
Im gonna go against the grain with a few posters on here..I think MH would be a very welcome and decent qaulity addition to the sqaud.

Remember him well in his Aberdeen days and is a very decent defender with a good turn of pace..Not to sure about the injury prone bit as others are questioning, IIRC he never missed many games with the sheep, Only seen him play once for Preston and that was against Chelsea in the fa cup..Id prefer him to Gray as others are suggesting, MH Is a tried and tested spl defender who done great IMO..we have went through the whole season without a RB so we need one pronto that we know can do a job.

Let some other club take a gamble on Gray, If he's a success then well done, But id take MH over DG anyday the week.

MH For Hibs? Yes please.

Gray has plenty of pace, hard in the tackle, good in the air

Hart is a good right back, plenty of pace, not anymore, good in the air, not when i seen him play against Chelsea in the cup.

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Gray has plenty of pace, hard in the tackle, good in the air

Hart is a good right back, plenty of pace, not anymore, good in the air, not when i seen him play against Chelsea in the cup.

Against whom tho?..

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Against whom tho?..

Was told he done really well while on loan at Plymouth so much so they asked him to stay on

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:37 PM
Was told he done really well while on loan at Plymouth so much so they asked him to stay on

Fair doos, Never knew he was on loan at Plymouth, I thought he was in Manu's 9th team, Hence why id take an experienced right back in Hart over Gray.

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Fair doos, Never knew he was on loan at Plymouth, I thought he was in Manu's 9th team, Hence why id take an experienced right back in Hart over Gray.

On New Year's Day 2009 Gray joined Plymouth Argyle on loan. His first outing as a Pilgrim was to the Emirates Stadium as his new side faced Arsenal in the FA Cup. Plymouth lost 3-1 and Gray was unfortunate to score an own goal.

Nevertheless, the youngster was determined to make the most of his time at Home Park.

"It's all about games and getting as much experience as I can at this age. And the only way I'm going to progress is by playing first-team football."

Gray made 14 appearances for Plymouth in 2008/09.

Petrie's Tache
08-06-2010, 04:42 PM
he was the reserve team captain was he not?

HibbyAndy
08-06-2010, 04:44 PM
On New Year's Day 2009 Gray joined Plymouth Argyle on loan. His first outing as a Pilgrim was to the Emirates Stadium as his new side faced Arsenal in the FA Cup. Plymouth lost 3-1 and Gray was unfortunate to score an own goal.

Nevertheless, the youngster was determined to make the most of his time at Home Park.

"It's all about games and getting as much experience as I can at this age. And the only way I'm going to progress is by playing first-team football."

Gray made 14 appearances for Plymouth in 2008/09.

Cheers for that :aok:

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 04:47 PM
he was the reserve team captain was he not?

Doesn't say mate, this was from the offical site

David Gray has the advantageous ability of being able to play in almost any position.

Nicknamed ‘greyhound’ because of his name and his pace, David grew up near Darren Fletcher just outside Edinburgh. He arrived at United as a winger but has since played anywhere from striker to centre-half, right-back to right wing.

The Scot has progressed to Reserve team level, but he was one of the highest appearance-makers for the Under-18s in 2005/06 with 19 starts and one goal.

Gray signed professional forms with the Reds on 10 August 2005 and flourished in the Reserves during

the first half of the 2006/07 season. He was supposed to spend the latter half of the season at Royal Antwerp, only to see those hopes dashed by a serious knee injury. An early return to Carrington beckoned.

In November 2007, Gray joined League One outfit Crewe Alexandra on an emergency loan, and made a solitary appearance before returning to United for the remainder of the 2007/08 campaign.

A regular for the Reserves, David has primarily been used as a full-back in recent seasons, but his natural attacking instincts shine through in his regular bombarding runs down either wing.

hibbymark
08-06-2010, 04:49 PM
Always thought Hart was a very average full back at aberdeen but to be fair average would be an improvment on our current choices. My mate is a season ticket holder at preston and when i said we were interested in Hart he went outside and started his car engine and was last seen going round to his house to offer him a lift to edinburgh! General opinion from preston fans is he is lilian gish. If he is anywhere near the top of our wage structure i would like us to look elsewhere.

LancsHibs
08-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Of the two I think David Grey would be the better signing:agree:

LancsHibs
08-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Here's what the Preston fans think of it

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=426&fid=204&sty=2&act=1&mid=2121339309
Previously posted on hear that any Preston fans I know think he is p1sh

SalfordHibs
08-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Preston fans on their site want rid of Hart and dont rate him at all

their comments in relation to he is on big money doesn't fit well with me.

blackpoolhibs
08-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Preston fans on their site want rid of Hart and dont rate him at all

their comments in relation to he is on big money doesn't fit well with me.

How much does gray want?

Andy74
08-06-2010, 07:33 PM
I think we need some experience and some mental toughness. Getting a kid in at right back would be a bad move right now. If gray wants to come as cover as well to take over in due course then great.

Guys like hart are exactly what we need just now.

brydekirk
09-06-2010, 06:32 AM
preston in trouble over taxes, no players to leave or come in until the matter is dealt with. Hart says his plan is to turn up for pre season training on 28th june. not that he has much choice. daily rag.