PDA

View Full Version : NHC Nobby Stiles

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-06-2010, 07:42 AM
Just saw him on SSN. Never saw him play, but, I'd love to smack him in the teeth! Horrible huge glasses wearing wee git!

southfieldshibby
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM
I've been suffering from them for some time now.

CropleyWasGod
06-06-2010, 09:12 AM
Just saw him on SSN. Never saw him play, but, I'd love to smack him in the teeth! Horrible huge glasses wearing wee git!

Have to say, as an x year old watching "that" game, he had a charm that was irresistible. As I grew older, I realised what a thug he was on the park, and how he could probably not have a career at the top level these days.

We could do with someone like him, though.....:greengrin

NORTHERNHIBBY
06-06-2010, 09:41 AM
Preparation H or an elastic band. Not a punch though.:bitchy:

--------
06-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Have to say, as an x year old watching "that" game, he had a charm that was irresistible. As I grew older, I realised what a thug he was on the park, and how he could probably not have a career at the top level these days.

We could do with someone like him, though.....:greengrin

Yup. He was an animal. One of the unpleasantest players I've seen in all my years watching football. A nasty, cowardly little twerp, badly in need of a good kicking.

franco
06-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Yeah hes well named :greengrin

harry-hibee
06-06-2010, 05:43 PM

Bertie Auld did just that at ER in a friendly against Middlesbrough

weonlywon6-2
06-06-2010, 06:59 PM
I've been suffering from them for some time now.

is there no a cream for that ??

Jonnyboy
06-06-2010, 09:57 PM
Yup. He was an animal. One of the unpleasantest players I've seen in all my years watching football. A nasty, cowardly little twerp, badly in need of a good kicking.

Indeed Doddie. Really he should have played for Leeds :greengrin

That's brought back a very pleasant memory and you won't catch me saying that often as far as Bertie Auld at Hibs is concerned :wink:

Forza Fred
06-06-2010, 10:52 PM

I know age and beer plays havoc with the memory, but I think that happened not at Easter road, but at Ayresome Park, when HIbs played them in a pre season friendly.

I was there....I think:greengrin

harry-hibee
07-06-2010, 09:54 PM
I know age and beer plays havoc with the memory, but I think that happened not at Easter road, but at Ayresome Park, when HIbs played them in a pre season friendly.

I was there....I think:greengrin

Defo at ER i think we played them at Ayresome Park as well that pre-season.

cabbageandribs1875
07-06-2010, 10:56 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;2486971]Indeed Doddie. Really he should have played for Leeds :greengrin

:gun: leeds had norman 'bite yer legs' hunter for that role :cool2: and quite a few other canditates as well :greengrin

--------
08-06-2010, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;2486971]Indeed Doddie. Really he should have played for Leeds :greengrin

:gun: leeds had norman 'bite yer legs' hunter for that role :cool2: and quite a few other canditates as well :greengrin

Aye, and I remember Bertie Auld settling Hunter's hash at Hampden in the European Cup semi - nutted him about 10 minutes in, and Norm was as meek as a baa-lamb for the rest of the game.... :devil:

And the Newcastle fans still talk of the day Big Bad John McNamee went up for a cross in the Newcastle penalty area and flattened Bremner, Charlton, AND Hunter all at the one time in the process. AND he won the header. :devil: :devil: :devil:

People Hunter and Haemorrhoids weren't hard men - they were just nasty pieces of trash who should never have been let near a football pitch.

Andy74
08-06-2010, 03:34 PM

My Dad played against Stiles back in the day.

My Dad was a boxer as well as a footballer and he takes great pride in the fact he knocked Stiles senseless for most of the game!

Ray_
08-06-2010, 04:09 PM
Defo at ER i think we played them at Ayresome Park as well that pre-season.

I think it was ET first game at ER as Hibs manager & it was also Bertie Auld's first game. The build up to the game was all Auld v's Stiles & not Hibs/Boro.

I'm sure it was fairly early on when Stiles went in over the top on Auld, Bertie saw it coming, went over the tackle and done Stiles some damage & to huge cheers, he was strechered off, with Auld an instant hero.