PDA

View Full Version : Do you think you could manage Hibs

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Having watched Yogi paper over the cracks with a 4rth place finish last season do you think you could manage the team ?

RickyS
06-06-2010, 12:26 AM
Having watched Yogi paper over the cracks with a 4rth place finish last season do you think you could manage the team ?

easily! I won the league and Scottish Cup with the same team, except I sold wee lewis to stoke for 1.5mill. good old Footy Manager

Hibernian Verse
06-06-2010, 12:52 AM
I reckon that if I had coaches coaching the team and I dealt with transfer targets and team selection I could do as good a job, and only ask for £500 p/w

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 12:55 AM
easily! I won the league and Scottish Cup with the same team, except I sold wee lewis to stoke for 1.5mill. good old Footy Manager

Thats a good bit of business mate :wink: I suppose we all talk the perfect game but I wouldn't mind givin it a bash :agree: canny be any worse than the pish we're getting attuned to week in week out.

Edit = Sorry I forget Mr Hughes got us into Europe

OstKurve Hibs
06-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Aye, no probs. I can put players in their correct positions! And drop players who r underperforming and give others a chance! EASY:greengrin

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 01:30 AM
Aye, no probs. I can put players in their correct positions! And drop players who r underperforming and give others a chance! EASY:greengrin

The jobs yours :wink:

OstKurve Hibs
06-06-2010, 01:37 AM
The jobs yours :wink:

Sound, all be on the 1st available flight back fae oz to start ma preperations!!!:thumbsup: Fans can expect a clean sweep off silverware in all competitions this season:greengrin

1875godsgift
06-06-2010, 02:39 AM

Aye no problem pal. What i would do is say to the big man " Here's £35 million, dae what yi want wi it pal "
Cos thats what big teams dae innit, ken what a mean wee man?

Hibs On Tour
06-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Nae bother. Ma footy manager apprenticeship finally pays off! When do I start? :greengrin

weecounty hibby
06-06-2010, 08:05 AM
What a very strange way to put the question. I have in fact been knocked back for the job in the past, and although disappointed, I think Rod made the right decision!

southfieldshibby
06-06-2010, 08:46 AM
No and even if i could i wouldn't want to.

it must be soul destroying knowing that thousands of people who know much less than you about the game and haven't worked as hard as you have to get the opportunity think that they could do the job better.

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2010, 08:47 AM
Easy, i have been doing a wonderfull job from this computer for a number of years. :wink:

jdships
06-06-2010, 09:20 AM

it must be soul destroying knowing that thousands of people who know much less than you about the game and haven't worked as hard as you have to get the opportunity think that they could do the job better.

Says it all IMO :top marks

:thumbsup:

sixtwo
06-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Yogi impresses and frustrates me in equal measure. His passion for hibs, his enthusiasm for playing good football and his down to earth attitude is brilliant.

His stubborness with his formations and in particular, his all out attcking philosophy frustrate the hell out off me. I'd love to see yogi mature as a manager this season. i'd love to see him send out a well organised team with a strong defence and midfield with a good shape ( no deeks - 4 midfielders only please). the forward line will take care of itself. we have the best in the league in my opinion.

Yogi is a good young manager. He has delivered european football in his first season. He had a cracking start to the season but will learn more from the second half of the season. If he can sort out the midfield and defence we will have a great season. we have bags of goals in the team, we just need to become harder to beat!

PISTOL1875
06-06-2010, 12:46 PM
The first thing I would do is put Bamba into midfield...

Sas_The_Hibby
06-06-2010, 12:58 PM
The first thing I would do is put Bamba into midfield...

Yes, but which club's midfield? :boo hoo:

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 01:48 PM

I agree with you but you have to admit there are times to shut up shop,play a certain formation,change certain players etc it doesn't take a footballing genius to work it out, if we can all see it why cant Yogi ?

BT58
06-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Easy, i have been doing a wonderfull job from this computer for a number of years. :wink:
i would think that a few[ahem several thousand] would love to see you in the job G
we`ll im sure a certain FINN would lurve it too:wink::wink::wink:
you surely couldnt be as bad as MIKE BASSETT England manager[ watched that this morning what a hoot] :agree::agree:
hb

500miles
06-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Football fans belittle the job of the managers and over-simplify every decision. There are so many smaller factors to take into consideration than just, who is best and where. Example - Jones and Bamba are our two best centre halfs, on thier own merits of the last 5 years. Oversimplified conclusion : If we could have played them together, they would have been an outstanding partnership.

The reality? Both players had a tendancy to attack the ball, leaving spaces at the back. Chris Hogg may get pelters because he doesn't have thier dominance and aggression, but he's the one that gives them the freedom to do what they do best - attacking the ball early doors.

Furthermore, under Hughes, we have held a higher line. We have been able to do this because Bamba and Hogg have enough pace. This means that Bamba's occassional carelessness is less likely to be punished, as there is more time for recovery, and he won't impede "direct goalscoring oppertunities".
However, Jones never had such pace, and was much more comfortable playing a deeper back four to compensate for a lack of pace, but which allowed him to use his well timed tackling (people forget how many big, crucial last ditch tackles Jones won.). It suited him, and he played well especially when we had our backs to the wall.

The two, considering thier styles of play, would probably be less compatable, and thier partnership may have well amounted to less than thier real life partnerships with Hogg, who works to compliment both of thier games, despite them both being individually better players.

It's a similar case as to why Stokes and Riordan don't form a orthodox front two and why Stewart rarely played well with Boozy.

You just need to look at the "all time XI" type threads that turn up, look at the players selected, and sometimes consider if the team is chosen as a group of individuals, or with the harmony of the team in mind.

MSK
06-06-2010, 02:30 PM
I agree with you but you have to admit there are times to shut up shop,play a certain formation,change certain players etc it doesn't take a footballing genius to work it out, if we can all see it why cant Yogi ?Aye...if Vlad can do it via Football Manager on the pc anyone can do it ..easy peasy lemon squeasy...:rolleyes:

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Big season for Yogi, This first half of the new season will be crucial and with the players & funds available I expect us to be up there challenging for 3rd or 4rth. The performance's of the 2nd half of last season was just not good enough. Lets hope he's learned by his mistakes.

MSK
06-06-2010, 03:29 PM
Big season for Yogi, This first half of the new season will be crucial and with the players & funds available I expect us to be up there challenging for 3rd or 4rth. The performance's of the 2nd half of last season was just not good enough. Lets hope he's learned by his mistakes.We have to wait & see ..a couple of decent signings may get the fans back ...signing average Joe's aint gonna be good enough ..good players in & we could have the place rocking ..

Hamish
06-06-2010, 03:33 PM
I was manager of an under 16 side for a while. There were a few prima donnas in that lot - god knows what it would be lke trying to cope with the egos of a full time set-up

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 03:37 PM
We have to wait & see ..a couple of decent signings may get the fans back ...signing average Joe's aint gonna be good enough ..good players in & we could have the place rocking ..

Yeah lets wait and see hopefully Deeko goes nowhere, I would be rather upset if he did. On another note I have not got a season ticket for the coming season I don't see any need for one as there's always going to be plenty spare seats. How does it work with the season ticket how many games are you getting for free compared to paying at the gate all season ?

Maybe if they had a father son sort of deal I would have signed up but there's nothing.

blackpoolhibs
06-06-2010, 03:39 PM
i would think that a few[ahem several thousand] would love to see you in the job G
we`ll im sure a certain FINN would lurve it too:wink::wink::wink:
you surely couldnt be as bad as MIKE BASSETT England manager[ watched that this morning what a hoot] :agree::agree:
hb

You have lost me? :wink:

MSK
06-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Yeah lets wait and see hopefully Deeko goes nowhere, I would be rather upset if he did. On another note I have not got a season ticket for the coming season I don't see any need for one as there's always going to be plenty spare seats. How does it work with the season ticket how many games are you getting for free compared to paying at the gate all season ?
Maybe if they had a father son sort of deal I would have signed up but there's nothing.Not sure..dont have & wont be getting a season ticket ..

Hibercelona
06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
If I was the manager, I would be playing in every position. :agree:

jabis
06-06-2010, 08:37 PM

Thats a good bit of business mate :wink: I suppose we all talk the perfect game but I wouldn't mind givin it a bash :agree: canny be any worse than the pish we're getting attuned to week in week out.

Edit = Sorry I forget Mr Hughes got us into Europe

Is it just me :rolleyes:

KiddA
06-06-2010, 08:54 PM

Haha me too I got rid of all the dead wood though i.e Hogg, Maka, Nish, Stack, and brought some quality buys in including Jermaine Pennant :wink:

hfc1875x
06-06-2010, 09:36 PM

I think it is mate :confused:

jabis
06-06-2010, 10:03 PM

well since were mates,I'm sure you wont be offended if I think your taking the urine.

But since you have OBVIOUSLY taken all your UEFA badges,and know ALL about football and training(OOPS,I almost forgot our current manager got us into europe,how silly of me,since I started a "I could do better thread")

Sorry your ***** makes as much sense as the drivel I normally post :agree:

Jonnyboy
06-06-2010, 10:09 PM

No

See answer above

This thread strikes me as just another poster having a go at Yogi and using this 'could you do it' angle was cute but doesn't work. Referring to him as Mr Hughes and pointing out that he scraped us into Europe pretty much tells me where your feelings on him lie.

degenerated
06-06-2010, 10:20 PM

it's the use of Mr that always has me :hmmm:

1875godsgift
06-06-2010, 10:37 PM
it's the use of Mr that always has me :hmmm:
LOL i can just imagine him tugging at his forelock too!

hfc1875x
07-06-2010, 03:41 PM
No

See answer above

This thread strikes me as just another poster having a go at Yogi and using this 'could you do it' angle was cute but doesn't work. Referring to him as Mr Hughes and pointing out that he scraped us into Europe pretty much tells me where your feelings on him lie.

I don't have a agenda here Jonny, It is a forum were I am entitled to post my thoughts positive or negative. I really hope Yogi turns it round, but its not rocket science to see he was out his depth in the latter part of the season. I really hope he proves me wrong.

down-the-slope
07-06-2010, 03:46 PM
In a word...NO:greengrin

hfc1875x
07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
well since were mates,I'm sure you wont be offended if I think your taking the urine.

But since you have OBVIOUSLY taken all your UEFA badges,and know ALL about football and training(OOPS,I almost forgot our current manager got us into europe,how silly of me,since I started a "I could do better thread")

Sorry your ***** makes as much sense as the drivel I normally post :agree:

Not offended, I appreciate your drivel.

aberhibsfc
07-06-2010, 03:47 PM
Yeah, I coud manage Hibs. I'd win everything, and if I got beat I would just restart on my previous save. Afterall it's just like Champ Man ain't it.

Jonnyboy
07-06-2010, 07:37 PM
I don't have a agenda here Jonny, It is a forum were I am entitled to post my thoughts positive or negative. I really hope Yogi turns it round, but its not rocket science to see he was out his depth in the latter part of the season. I really hope he proves me wrong.

That's a step forward from "Mr Hughes" :greengrin

Pedantic_Hibee
07-06-2010, 08:07 PM
Sniffedy sniff sniffedy........

frazeHFC
07-06-2010, 08:16 PM
I managed to get £6m for Zemmama on FM10, and make Hibs rich so i should be put in charge of finances.

jabis
07-06-2010, 08:47 PM
I managed to get £6m for Zemmama on FM10, and make Hibs rich so i should be put in charge of finances.

I'm witty,erudite and very calm............SO ME FOR PR YA BUNCH OF FLAMING ******* :grr:

and breathe.