PDA

View Full Version : Dropping like flies...

Hibernian Verse
05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
That's now Arjen Robben a 'major doubt' for the World Cup.

It's becoming less of a showcase. Including those that weren't included, world class players not in SA will be...

Robben
Drogba
Ferdinand
Ballack
Essien
Cambiasso
Ronaldinho
Benzema
Zanetti
Pirlo

I'm sure we'll be able to add to the list in days to come.

Deek01
05-06-2010, 03:53 PM
you can add beckham to that :agree:

cockneymike
05-06-2010, 03:55 PM
and michael owen - although he's not the player he once was

MyJo
05-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Walcott :tee hee:
Kingston :tee hee:

DH1875
05-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Was listening to talk sport when the news started to come through and the bloke, think it was Ian Danter said Some good news for England, Robben could be out of the world cup. Bloody English media. Imagine the out cry if someone was to have went on the radio when Ferdinand's injury was announced and said it was good news.

DH1875
05-06-2010, 06:04 PM

It's becoming less of a showcase. Including those that weren't included, world class players not in SA will be...

Cambiasso
Ronaldinho
Benzema
Zanetti
Pirlo

Are these players injured? I thought they had just been dropped.

Hibernian Verse
05-06-2010, 08:17 PM
Are these players injured? I thought they had just been dropped.

"weren't included"

Jonnyboy
05-06-2010, 08:19 PM

Robben
Drogba
Ferdinand
Ballack
Essien
Cambiasso
Ronaldinho
Benzema
Zanetti
Pirlo
Riordan

I've fixed that for you :greengrin

BenjiOscar
05-06-2010, 08:36 PM

Robben
Drogba
Ferdinand
Ballack
Essien
Cambiasso
Ronaldinho
Benzema
Zanetti
Pirlo

Is Pirlo injured now as well? I have him in nearly all my fantasy teams and had a wee bet on Italy too at 16/1.

Hibernian Verse
06-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Is Pirlo injured now as well? I have him in nearly all my fantasy teams and had a wee bet on Italy too at 16/1.

He's going to at least miss the first few games. If you type 'World Cup injury list' into google you'll get all the latest.

cannastar
06-06-2010, 11:37 AM
i think there will be a few more guys struggle with injuries in this world cup due to the harshness of the pitches.the australians have already complained about the firm surfaces and how quickly the grass wears away.considering the aussies are not immune from playing on hardish pitches i dont think it bodes well for teams from most european countries who are used to playing in mudbaths at times during their seasons.just hope big sol stays injury free throughout the tournament and doesnt return to easter road knackerred.:confused:

HUTCHYHIBBY
06-06-2010, 11:45 AM
Don't think Sol will return to ER knackered or otherwise.

ScottB
06-06-2010, 12:31 PM
Maybe there needs to be a bigger gap between the end of the season and the World Cup? Would give those from the top leagues more of a chance to recover from any niggling end of season injuries.

Though I did see the challenge on Drogba last night, shocking for a pre tournament friendly!

BenjiOscar
06-06-2010, 12:44 PM
He's going to at least miss the first few games. If you type 'World Cup injury list' into google you'll get all the latest.

Thanks for the tip - will need to pay a bit more attention to the latest information.