PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Co-Codamol (quick reply needed)

Hibernian Verse
04-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I've been given this for back pain by my doctor and it says don't drive after taking it...so I'm babysitting tonight and was going to take it when I get there rather than before seeing as I shouldn't drive. Can anyone that's had it before tell me if I'll be ok driving back at about 1am, after taking it at 7.30?

Removed
04-06-2010, 05:37 PM
I've been given this for back pain by my doctor and it says don't drive after taking it...so I'm babysitting tonight and was going to take it when I get there rather than before seeing as I shouldn't drive. Can anyone that's had it before tell me if I'll be ok driving back at about 1am, after taking it at 7.30?

If you have never taken them before you won't know how they will affect you. Best idea is wait till you get home then take them. Remember no alcohol either!!!

I've been on them, (and other drugs) for 2 weeks and I've never been so tired.

Hibernian Verse
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
If you have never taken them before you won't know how they will affect you. Best idea is wait till you get home then take them.

I've been on them, (and other drugs) for 2 weeks and I've never been so tired.

And no alcohol either!!!

Excellent...I can deal with no drink cos I've got exams but don't want to be tired for them at the same time!

Cheers for the reply

Greentinted
04-06-2010, 05:40 PM

You should be ok at that time but it will depend on the strength of the codiene component. I have to take 2 x Co-codamol 30-500 and that can affect my driving capability for up to 4-5 hours.
Having said all that if you have little tolerance even the less potent tablets may have stronger side-effects.
Sorry if this doesnt help much but as a rule, if in any doubt, don't drive. Its no worth it.

Removed
04-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Excellent...I can deal with no drink cos I've got exams but don't want to be tired for them at the same time!

Cheers for the reply

Milky, not sure if you misunderstood my post or it's me with yours but for the sake of clarification.....

I am 6 foot 3, 17 stone and I have been taking co-codamol and I am shattered!!! I have been taking other tablets as well so mibbe not just co-codamol but if you are driving don't take them. Wait till you are home so the only side effect might be a long lie.

Westie1875
04-06-2010, 07:06 PM
Milky, not sure if you misunderstood my post or it's me with yours but for the sake of clarification.....

I am 6 foot 3, 17 stone and I have been taking co-codamol and I am shattered!!! I have been taking other tablets as well so mibbe not just co-codamol but if you are driving don't take them. Wait till you are home so the only side effect might be a long lie.

Agree with this if you've no idea what effect they'll have on you, especially if they're the stronger ones (30/500's). I take these for migraines and they make me very dizzy and tired for a good few hours afterwards.

Removed
05-06-2010, 12:39 AM
Milky, you home yet :yawn:

Jay
05-06-2010, 08:41 AM
A bit late I know but prescription cocodomol makes me feel like I am drunk, or like I have been on entinox. I can hardly stand far less drive (If I had a licence :greengrin) over the counter stuff is okay though. I go to my bed before I even take the prescription stuff.