PDA

View Full Version : (ABE) Rio Ferdinand injured?

IWasThere2016
04-06-2010, 11:26 AM
Knee scan (http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Rio-Ferdinand-Injured-After-Training-For-World-Cup-In-South-Africa-And-Sent-For-Knee-Scan/Article/201006115643499?lpos=Home_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15643499_Rio_Ferdinand_Injured_After_T raining_For_World_Cup_In_South_Africa_And_Sent_For _Knee_Scan)

I hope he's okay ..

'Mon the Hibs
04-06-2010, 11:34 AM
:agree:

me too.....

.... he can be calamitous and could scupper englands chances :greengrin

Purehibee_MYB
04-06-2010, 11:37 AM
Just need rooney to get injured and England are done for!!

IWasThere2016
04-06-2010, 11:38 AM
:agree:

me too.....

.... he can be calamitous and could scupper englands chances :greengrin

:agree: & :greengrin

Barney McGrew
04-06-2010, 12:46 PM
James didn't train today either after he aggrevated a knee injury on the flight over :greengrin

Drogba picked up a suspected fractured elbow playing for the Ivory Coast earlier as well.

Barney McGrew
04-06-2010, 02:21 PM
Ferdinand out of the tournament :tee hee:

steakbake
04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Aye, its brilliant when a professional sportsman who is about to represent his country at the highest level gets injured. Trumpets.

JimBHibees
04-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Bit of a shame for the guy missing out on captaining his country in the World cup due to a training injury.

HibbyAndy
04-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Ferdinand out of WC after getting flattened by Heskey!!

:hilarious :hilarious :hilarious

Hibbie_Cameron
04-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Disappointed, imo he was weak link

MountcastleHibs
04-06-2010, 02:38 PM
I've got sympathy for the guy. A proper pro, seems a decent bloke, and now misses out on the pinnacle of his career by captaining his country at the World Cup. No matter what we think of England's hyping in the media, it's a shame for players when this happens. After all, we wanna see the best players competing at the World Cup.

Ledley King will no doubt step in. He's an as good, if not better replacement tbh. Wonder who Capello will choose as his skipper... Gerrard, Lampard, David James?

HibbyAndy
04-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I've got sympathy for the guy. A proper pro, seems a decent bloke, and now misses out on the pinnacle of his career by captaining his country at the World Cup. No matter what we think of England's hyping in the media, it's a shame for players when this happens. After all, we wanna see the best players competing at the World Cup.

Ledley King will no doubt step in. He's an as good, if not better replacement tbh. Wonder who Capello will choose as his skipper... Gerrard, Lampard, David James?

Gerrard.

JimBHibees
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM

Agree with that never good to see quality players miss out on the tournament which could make it less of a spectacle. Not sure King is capable of playing many games though so wouldnt be surprised if Upson or Dawson feature in the middle of defence.

cad
04-06-2010, 02:45 PM

Remember Rio dodged a bullet when he was due for a drug test ,
wonder why he bolted :wink:

BoltonHibee
04-06-2010, 02:46 PM
Bit of a shame for the guy missing out on captaining his country in the World cup due to a training injury.

I know, it was a shame he missed out on his drugs test too, he got an 8 month ban for that:greengrin

MountcastleHibs
04-06-2010, 02:55 PM

True.. But he served his punishment for that. Think he was just being a bit daft and naive.

Hibs On Tour
04-06-2010, 02:55 PM

Words. Out. Of. Mouth.

King will take his place in starting line up [assuming fit], Dawson in as back-up. Most likely improve their team too as King has been way better than RF this season. Gerrard will take the armband.

Still better it happening now than in first game when you can't get a replacement. Far easier to accomodate this for England than Drogba's injury for IC.

cad
04-06-2010, 03:11 PM
I know, it was a shame he missed out on his drugs test too, he got an 8 month ban for that:greengrin

Yeah Man Utd still paid the wages,
( £58.000 a week by the way if I remember correctly )
Still at least he was innocent ,how long do England captains or anyone for that matter get if they are found guilty of drug taking ,years out the game contract ripped up ,
one things for sure young and naive I doubt it, well clued up and the worse of 2 evils taken for his troubles if you ask me ,guilty as sin .
8 months compared to well oblivion its no a hard choice eh

Bristolhibby
04-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Some outstanding qualities from recent England captains include, snagging your teammAtes wife, snorting ching and not battering some guy in a nightclub.

We also have man Hoare cashley (btw having Cheryl as your wife then playing around, WTF!), the granny snagger up front, anymore for anymore?

J

Hainan Hibs
04-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Laughing and being happy at a professional missing the biggest tournament in football?:confused:

Well count me in

:faf::faf::faf:

franco
04-06-2010, 04:07 PM
James didn't train today either after he aggrevated a knee injury on the flight over :greengrin

Drogba picked up a suspected fractured elbow playing for the Ivory Coast earlier as well.

Christ footie players today what are they like imagine if he had to sit in cramped seats like us going on a plane i recon that would be his career over :greengrin

weonlywon6-2
04-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Disappointed, imo he was weak link

he is.not sure who they are bringing in but rio has hardly kicked a ball all season

Hibernia Na Eir
04-06-2010, 07:44 PM
great news, the Saxon captain is out of the WC. Happys days all round.:greengrin

JimBHibees
04-06-2010, 07:57 PM

Two different things I reckon though he should have got the 2 year ban which other sports have as mandatory for a missed drug test.

.Sean.
04-06-2010, 08:04 PM
Some outstanding qualities from recent England captains include, snagging your teammAtes wife, snorting ching and not battering some guy in a nightclub.

We also have man Hoare cashley (btw having Cheryl as your wife then playing around, WTF!), the granny snagger up front, anymore for anymore?

J
Who? :confused:

I certainly don't recall hearing of ex-England skippers commiting assault and snorting the bingo?

Geo_1875
04-06-2010, 08:10 PM

J

It goes back a lot further than that. Didn't their World Cup winning captain get done for not stealing jewellery in Mexico?

ballengeich
06-06-2010, 12:06 AM
His name is Rio
and he watches from the stand.