PDA

View Full Version : Steven Fletcher is now the most expensive current Scotland striker

Diclonius
03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Kenny Miller = £2m + £3m + £2.25m + £2m = £9.25m

Steven Fletcher = £3m + £6.5m = £9.5m

Wonder if he'll be played ahead of Misser now? :dunno:

Hainan Hibs
03-06-2010, 11:33 PM
With Kenny Sitter's marvellous scoring record in the last qualifying campaign it would be a crime if Fletcher or anyone else for that matter doesn't start before Miller.

Fletcher is better in every department.

Allant1981
03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
a wee bit off topic but who is scotlands most expensive transfer? Fletch cant be far off having that title after a £6.5m deal

Diclonius
03-06-2010, 11:45 PM
a wee bit off topic but who is scotlands most expensive transfer? Fletch cant be far off having that title after a £6.5m deal

Craig Gordon and Alan Hutton, both £9m. Combined though, it's Fletch. :thumbsup:

Allant1981
03-06-2010, 11:47 PM
Craig Gordon and Alan Hutton, both £9m. Combined though, it's Fletch. :thumbsup:

i thought their transfers were built up with add ons etc? Fletchers is prob the same though. Hope he has another good season

CallumLaidlaw
04-06-2010, 06:48 AM
Where does he come overall? I can only think of Duncan ferguson who'll have amassed a higher transfer value

weonlywon6-2
04-06-2010, 06:51 AM

well done fletch, delighted for him:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Spike Mandela
04-06-2010, 07:21 AM

Pointless thread,

How much would Boyd be worth if he still had years on his Rangers Contract??

Congratulations to Fletcher on his move, always was a great talent and incredibly under appreciated by some when at Hibs:bitchy:

McD
04-06-2010, 07:28 AM
Where does he come overall? I can only think of Duncan ferguson who'll have amassed a higher transfer value

Pains me to say it, but surely duncan disorderly must have totalled more?

Dundee utd to gers = 4m
gers to everton = 4m
everton to newcastle = 8m?
newcastle to everton = free?

StevieC
04-06-2010, 07:45 AM

Dundee utd to gers = 4m
gers to everton = 4m
everton to newcastle = 8m?
newcastle to everton = free?

I'm sure he went back to Everton for around £3m .. but I could be wrong.

EDIT: I was wrong .. it was £3.75m

... but Fletcher will break the £20m barrier before his career is finished.

:wink:

CallumLaidlaw
04-06-2010, 07:50 AM

Dundee utd to gers = 4m
gers to everton = 4m
everton to newcastle = £7m
newcastle to everton = £3.75m

just checked. altered them above

brog
04-06-2010, 07:52 AM
Pointless thread,

How much would Boyd be worth if he still had years on his Rangers Contract??

Congratulations to Fletcher on his move, always was a great talent and incredibly under appreciated by some when at Hibs:bitchy:

What's the point in posting on a pointless thread? :wink:
Couldn't agree more re Fletch, some of the comments on this board have been ridiculous. IMO Fletch was our most naturally talented attacking footballer ( Deeks has a shout too ) since the great Joe Baker. We should take pleasure in every moment these guys wear the green & when they move on in right circumstances, as Fletch did, let's wish them well in their future careers.

ChilliEater
04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Wow! Nearly 19 million quid, all based on one missed overhead kick in a friendly :devil:

Spike Mandela
04-06-2010, 08:29 AM
[/B]

What's the point in posting on a pointless thread? :wink:
Couldn't agree more re Fletch, some of the comments on this board have been ridiculous. IMO Fletch was our most naturally talented attacking footballer ( Deeks has a shout too ) since the great Joe Baker. We should take pleasure in every moment these guys wear the green & when they move on in right circumstances, as Fletch did, let's wish them well in their future careers.

To make my point that it was pointless, or is my point pointless, if you get my point!!!:greengrin

Sandy
04-06-2010, 08:56 AM
Wow! Nearly 19 million quid, all based on one missed overhead kick in a friendly :devil:

If it's the one I am thinking about it wasn't a friendly, it was Scotland under 21's or under 19's V Germany at Pittodrie :wink:

HibeeMG
04-06-2010, 09:12 AM
If it's the one I am thinking about it wasn't a friendly, it was Scotland under 21's or under 19's V Germany at Pittodrie :wink:

No. You were right in that it was Germany. It was a first team friendly though.

I think it was at Ibrox.

hibbie02
04-06-2010, 09:34 AM
A nice bit of business for Burnley though. A 3.5 million profit (over 100%) in ONE season, where he scored 12 goals in all competitions. I hope the Tache stuck some add ons into the deal!!!

Delighted for Fletch though. I hope he flourishes with Wolves.

I suppose Burnley's good business with Fletch should be offset by the news that Iwelumo has gone the other way from Wolves. That's not going to improve their goal scoring next season....