PDA

View Full Version : 'My Tunes'

.Sean.
03-06-2010, 10:59 PM
The feature on the 'fishul site has seen Lewis Stevenson getting a fair bit of stick for his musical tastes from Hoggy, Kurtis Byrne, John Rankin and now Tam Flynn.

Tell you what, they can stick their R'n'B and Hip Hop pish up their erse. Young Lewis is spot on with his music.

Sublime stuff wee man... :cool2:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/my-tunes-lewis-stevenson_2262950_2039113

bandylegs_jLeighton
03-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I have read the previous MyTunes features in absolute horror...and the fact that all of them slated Lewis I always knew that he would end up having the best taste, it was inevitable.

Calvin
03-06-2010, 11:50 PM
He always seems to be nominated as 'worst dressed' due to his drainpipes too.

A skinny jeans wearing Smiths fan. Sounds like my kind of guy!

Hibercelona
04-06-2010, 12:31 AM
zombie *do do do* zombie *do do do* zombie *do do do* zombie nation. :greengrin

Pete
04-06-2010, 12:46 AM
I don't know why grown men like Deek and Stack are listening to that stuff!?

Still, it's maybe a bit more motivational than the stone roses. Can you imagine the team sitting around before a game getting pumped up listening to "waterfall" or a tune by the Smiths?

OstKurve Hibs
04-06-2010, 02:57 AM
I don't know why grown men like Deek and Stack are listening to that stuff!?

Still, it's maybe a bit more motivational than the stone roses. Can you imagine the team sitting around before a game getting pumped up listening to "waterfall" or a tune by the Smiths?

Na but u can get defo get pumped up to "this is the one" by the stone roses. I went to see man utd a while back n they run out to it, sounds bangin when its beltin out round the whole stadium!

7Hero
04-06-2010, 05:38 AM
R and B frankly these days is mince. its an embarrassment to R and B to call it that.

well done lewis for listening to indie music which came out before he was born.

as for zombie nation TUUUUUUUUNE........

Gatecrasher
04-06-2010, 07:07 AM
Dance and house music is brilliant well done deeko and stack

and zombie nation is a good tune , nothing to be ashamed off

Coloursfest tomorrow HTID :thumbsup:

SmashinGlass
04-06-2010, 07:22 AM

The avatar says it all! Agree 100%, although my destination this year is not Coloursfest, it is Cream Ibiza! :thumbsup:

Hibs On Tour
04-06-2010, 08:53 AM
MAW all the way I'm afraid chaps, although there's nothing wrong with a bit of variety. Its the spice of life dontchaknow!

steviecarnie
04-06-2010, 09:07 AM
The avatar says it all! Agree 100%, although my destination this year is not Coloursfest, it is Cream Ibiza! :thumbsup:

:agree: :greengrin

Dunbar Hibee
04-06-2010, 10:47 AM
Decent taste Lewis has!

M11BMO
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
:agree: :greengrin

Not for me... The only memory of Ibiza I have is my Avitar. :boo hoo:

7Hero
04-06-2010, 11:00 AM

ill be there too mate, so you like dance / house and Hardcore, thats pretty rare these days :top marks

Teo10
04-06-2010, 11:27 AM
ill be there too mate, so you like dance / house and Hardcore, thats pretty rare these days :top marks

Love house music.

Went to see Swedish House Mafia at the 02 in Brixton last Saturday, was easily one of the best nights of my life, the music was amazing! They finished their set by playing One more time then remixing it into their new song 'One'....just wow:thumbsup:

hibeedonald
04-06-2010, 11:32 AM
hardcore is horrible, but house and trance are well good.

NadeAteMyLunch!
04-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Love house music.

Went to see Swedish House Mafia at the 02 in Brixton last Saturday, was easily one of the best nights of my life, the music was amazing! They finished their set by playing One more time then remixing it into their new song 'One'....just wow:thumbsup:

Aww mate, I was there as well! Unreal! Went down lst November to see them when they were here as well! Always put on a show! Ive got a video of their opening with the screen into 'ONE'! Its wild!! Stuck it up on youtube if u want to have a look. We ended up at the official afterparty along the rd at that Plan B club, was amazing! Flight home on the Sunday morning was a bit ropey however...

Five weeks on Monday Ill be seeing them again in Pacha, IBIZA...Good Times!

Broken Gnome
04-06-2010, 11:51 AM
For unity purposes,a team singalong to the chorus to 'There Is A Light That Never Goes Out' in the dressing room before a game is quite the camaraderie filled statement.

Teo10
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Aww mate, I was there as well! Unreal! Went down lst November to see them when they were here as well! Always put on a show! Ive got a video of their opening with the screen into 'ONE'! Its wild!! Stuck it up on youtube if u want to have a look. We ended up at the official afterparty along the rd at that Plan B club, was amazing! Flight home on the Sunday morning was a bit ropey however...

It was amazing, even the warm up DJ's, AN21 and cant remember the other guy were amazing! We were going to go to the afterparty but we were all dead from just going crazy! We've got loads of videos from it, like the start when the screen went down, my mate recorded the last hour!

Mango Man
04-06-2010, 12:50 PM
Used to like a bit of House/Techno, but as i grew older i realized how these songs are made and how repetitive a lot of it is. Give me a bit of rock anyday!!

'Killing in the name' by Rage against the machine would be a good one for the dressing room before a game, preferably against hearts. :greengrin

Gatecrasher
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
:aok: enjoy, you cant beat a cream night :agree:

Arena 3, 5 and 6 look the Biz :partyhibb

Bayern Bru
04-06-2010, 01:12 PM
Lewis was getting his hair done same time as me on Monday. His new do is epic. Wouldn't look out of place in an Indie band. FACT.

seanraff07
06-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Stevenson has the correct taste in music, although his 80's haircut is something to be ashamed of.:bitchy:

seanraff07
06-06-2010, 03:08 PM
Lewis was getting his hair done same time as me on Monday. His new do is epic. Wouldn't look out of place in an Indie band. FACT.

Just noticed your post now, is it any worse than how he had it before?

Lofarl
06-06-2010, 03:11 PM
I just knew Lewis had decent taste in music. I dont like the libertines but I like em more than any hip-hop or dance crap.

Music is played by intruments not by a computer mouse and keyboard.

Supraninja
06-06-2010, 03:17 PM

That's total baws.

Lofarl
06-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Theres not much skill in using pro tools

hibee4life1983
06-06-2010, 03:46 PM
Well all music is put through the pc tuning studio, all music, FACT.

Nowt wrong with the wee mans taste! Nowt wrong with hardcore, dance, trance or RnB.

Im that extreme iv got cd's that have the roses and seahorses that suddenly switch to 'bit a bad boy' by the (quite amazing there still going)
Scooter, which is some tune, especially if your partial to a 'macados' style sesh! lol

Lewis really does need a proper hair cut tho, its shocking.

Supraninja
06-06-2010, 03:47 PM
There is just as much skill and talent used to make a decent song with a computer as there is with a guitar/piano/harp whatever. It's just a different method of making music, you still have to be good at it to make a good song. Just because 99% of popular electronic dance music is terrible doesn't mean that the 1% that make decent music aren't as good as some posh, private school, floppy haired twats plink plonking away on their guitars about how much they all fancy Justine and the world just doens't get it.

MacBean
06-06-2010, 04:11 PM
What song would you love to run out to at Easter Road?
Probably 'Sunshine on Leith'. The fans seem to enjoy it and all the boys really like it as well. It is good when all the fans are singing it as well

GET IT SORTED PETRIE:grr::grr::grr:

:greengrin

Calvin
06-06-2010, 04:49 PM

I would generally agree, but I do love Unicorn Kid.

Storar
06-06-2010, 04:56 PM
I just knew Lewis had decent taste in music. I dont like the libertines but I like em more than any hip-hop or dance crap.

That's a giant load of helmet to be fair.

And what's he on about "newer bands like The Libertines"? That'll be the band that hasn't done a gig for about 7 years!? When they first started gigging Lewis would have still been eating bogeys and Alan Smart was still banging them in for the Hibees.
Decent taste in music though.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
06-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Love house music.

:agree:

Listened to a Zane Low podcast a couple of weeks ago and he played an extended version (which ah cannae find to download :grr:) of Caspa "Back for the first time" right after "One", awesome..... :thumbsup:

Wee Lewys' a cool character tho, and quite rightly kicks that R&B cack intae touch.

Bayern Bru
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Just noticed your post now, is it any worse than how he had it before?

It's certainly very striking. Think Morrissey meets Elvis in a wind tunnel. It suits him though, somehow... :greengrin

.Sean.
06-06-2010, 05:30 PM
That's a giant load of helmet to be fair.

And what's he on about "newer bands like The Libertines"? That'll be the band that hasn't done a gig for about 7 years!? When they first started gigging Lewis would have still been eating bogeys and Alan Smart was still banging them in for the Hibees.
Decent taste in music though.
Genuinely lol'd at that :greengrin

Ross4356
06-06-2010, 10:45 PM
Theres not much skill in using pro tools

I ok m8 but nobody uses pro tools these days

basehibby
07-06-2010, 02:16 AM
The feature on the 'fishul site has seen Lewis Stevenson getting a fair bit of stick for his musical tastes from Hoggy, Kurtis Byrne, John Rankin and now Tam Flynn.

Tell you what, they can stick their R'n'B and Hip Hop pish up their erse. Young Lewis is spot on with his music.

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100429/my-tunes-lewis-stevenson_2262950_2039113

Lewis's musical taste is not at all bad for a footballer - dunno why it is but it seems that when the good lord was dishing out talents, footballing ability and tin ears must have been dished out on a "buy one get one free" basis in the vast majority of cases.
The fact that many of his teammates are giving him pelters should therefore be taken as a complement by Lewis.
That dressing room must be murder though - I'm surprised our disciplinary record isn't a lot worse as I'd probably just feel like going out and punching somebody if subjected to Deeks' techno pish on a daily basis! :brickwall :bitchy::sairhead::wtf:

GhostofBolivar
07-06-2010, 02:31 AM
Is there any specific album you play in the car before a home match in order to get you in the right mood?

Gina G's 'Ooh Aah... Just a Little Bit'

I hope to hell he's joking. Otherwise that's about the most horrific thing I've ever read.

GhostofBolivar
07-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Used to like a bit of House/Techno, but as i grew older i realized how these songs are made and how repetitive a lot of it is. Give me a bit of rock anyday!!

'Killing in the name' by Rage against the machine would be a good one for the dressing room before a game, preferably against hearts. :greengrin

Nah. F***ing Hostile by Pantera should be the choice here.

Steve-O
07-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I hope to hell he's joking. Otherwise that's about the most horrific thing I've ever read.

:faf:

Hibercelona
07-06-2010, 11:00 AM
Trance was at its peak back in the late 90s/early millenium with artists such as "Ayla" "Gouryella" "Lange" "System F" "Three Drives" "Underworld" "Robert Miles" .... etc

Compared to some of the p!sh these days.... :boo hoo:

Gatecrasher
07-06-2010, 11:05 AM
Trance was at its peak back in the late 90s/early millenium with artists such as "Ayla" "Gouryella" "Lange" "System F" "Three Drives" "Underworld" "Robert Miles" .... etc

the good ole days :agree:

said yesterday in the Dug out that the main stage at coloursfest was pish any of the above would have made my night

steviecarnie
07-06-2010, 11:08 AM

said yesterday in the Dug out that the main stage at coloursfest was pish any of the above would have made my night

i heard van doorn and emery were suppose to be outstanding??

Hibercelona
07-06-2010, 11:11 AM

:agree:

I'm almost ashamed to have hearing these days. :bitchy: :greengrin

Gatecrasher
07-06-2010, 11:12 AM
i heard van doorn and emery were suppose to be outstanding??

i didnt rate them some of my friends thought they were good though, i loved the BTTF stage and lashed though :agree:

steviecarnie
07-06-2010, 12:13 PM
i loved the BTTF stage and lashed though :agree:

Yuck!!!

Ritchie
07-06-2010, 12:18 PM

bit before your time are they not! :wink:

Ritchie
07-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Yuck!!!

double yuck! :agree:

i hear you had a belterfest at the weekend and i wasnt invited!! :grr::wink:

Hibercelona
07-06-2010, 12:29 PM
bit before your time are they not! :wink:

While all my mates were prancing around to the likes of Aqua & The Smurfs Go Pop, I was dancing around to some Tiesto and Paul Van Dyk records. :greengrin

steviecarnie
07-06-2010, 12:57 PM
double yuck! :agree:

i hear you had a belterfest at the weekend and i wasnt invited!! :grr::wink:

when isnt there a belterfest at the weekend?? 12/12 and 3/6 were well and truely abused.:wink:

Ritchie
07-06-2010, 02:09 PM
Love house music.

TEEEOOO!!!

you lucky wee tw@t!

a few of my mates were down there for that... i really wanted to go.

SHM - One <-------------- TUNE!!!!!! :agree:

was down there at the brixton academy about a month ago for Deadmau5.... was unbelieveable! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Ritchie
07-06-2010, 02:10 PM

im coming with you next time gimpy.x

An Leargaidh
07-06-2010, 02:28 PM

:thumbsup: well pointed out Sean. Totally agree. Seems like young Lewis is his own man and not afraid to like what he likes and not have to say he likes what "everyone else" likes. :top marksto you Mr. Stevenson!!!

Dunbar Hibee
07-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Where did you find that ?

Bayern Bru
07-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Where did you find that ?

Strangely enough, in John Rankin's myTunes interview. :greengrin

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20100527/my-tunes-john-rankin_2262950_2060127