PDA

View Full Version : Urgent Fans Forum Tonight

Mikey
03-06-2010, 03:42 PM
Just a wee reminder for those interested. Get down there and get involved.

Don't leave it to someone else!

http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?181559-Singing-bouncing-havin-a-laff-supporting-the-Hibees

hibs0666
04-06-2010, 02:58 PM
How did it go?

hibs0666
04-06-2010, 05:08 PM
How did it go?

Not very well I guess.

HibbyAndy
04-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Not very well I guess.

The new east stand is getting knocked down, Petrie thought we were getting a 1% discount that turns out to be rubbish.

Just what i heard.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2010, 06:13 PM
The new east stand is getting knocked down, Petrie thought we were getting a 1% discount that turns out to be rubbish.

Just what i heard.

I hope the old stand is in storage:panic:

oconnors_strip
04-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Not very well I guess.

it went well last night, sadly not as many people turned up considering the interest on here.

there was 11 people at the forum, the points raised and discussed were varied, including personal opinions and what has been raised on here and the bounce. some of the key points were-

targeting fans during pre-season: making fans aware of what the singing section is, how there is this "12th man" initiative starting, getting branches involved

music/pa: pre match and half time music selection doesnt do anything towards making a good atmosphere at easter road and doesnt encourage fans to sing. hibs songs should be played, in full from about 2.45 and sunshine on leith when the players run out. speakers at back of east stand to increase the noise level- this is done at a few grounds in england and many in europe.

songs: publishing songs via forums, websites, song sheets so fans get to know the words and if its online they can hear the tune aswell. here is a good site that is an example http://www.fanchants.com/football-team/hibs/. some chants should be simple and have a beat, eg "tony mowbray's green and white army", this was a brilliant chant and everyone joined in, it didnt fizzle out after one round. "yogi hughes green and white army" has a ring to it:greengrin

flags/banners: hibs.net have one very large flag and hibees bounce have two. location in stand for these, storage issues, sticks allowed in ground were just 3 key points raised. more flags of all sizes and banners can be a large part of creating an atmosphere.

communications: having an outlet to all fans to keep them updated with news, goings ons at the club and outside it, travel news, songs, contact details for branches and groups

research/examples: a few of the guys are very knowledgeable about teams on the continent and england, who have created better atmospheres at their grounds and also at away games. prime example is stoke. a couple of the guys are going to do research into how the teams have done this and see what us hibees can do to start the ball rolling

we had a meeting today with fife hyland and elaine morrison at easter road about this 12th man initiative and they are happy and willing to help as much as required in making this happen.

Fans = Hibs 12th Man:notworthy:

blairwallace
04-06-2010, 11:40 PM
anything about cheaper tickets?

Removed
04-06-2010, 11:47 PM
music/pa: pre match and half time music selection doesnt do anything towards making a good atmosphere at easter road and doesnt encourage fans to sing. hibs songs should be played, in full from about 2.45 and sunshine on leith when the players run out. speakers at back of east stand to increase the noise level- this is done at a few grounds in england and many in europe.

I recently emailed the club about this in relation to the farcical situation with birthday messages. Eventually got a response from Elaine Morrison and she said this was on the agenda for the close season. I sent an email back suggesting what they should do to save them discussing it but never heard back.

Doubt it will change to be honest.

oconnors_strip
04-06-2010, 11:55 PM
I recently emailed the club about this in relation to the farcical situation with birthday messages. Eventually got a response from Elaine Morrison and she said this was on the agenda for the close season. I sent an email back suggesting what they should do to save them discussing it but never heard back.

the club are definately working on improving the p.a system and the way it is used. we raised this matter with them and i think its high on the agenda considering the amount of criticism it gets.

if you want to pass on your suggestions to the fans who attended the forum then please do. pm me or email EastSand@hotmail.co.uk

Removed
04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
the club are definately working on improving the p.a system and the way it is used. we raised this matter with them and i think its high on the agenda considering the amount of criticism it gets.

if you want to pass on your suggestions to the fans who attended the forum then please do. pm me or email EastSand@hotmail.co.uk

Ok :cool2:

oconnors_strip
04-06-2010, 11:57 PM
anything about cheaper tickets?

that isnt what the 12th man is about, its about creating an atmophere.

i think the cheaper tickets issue was raised at the official fans forums a couple of months back:confused:

Aubenas
05-06-2010, 12:03 AM
As far as pa goes, there's no substitute for professionalism - announcer needs to prepare like he was doing a radio show. Scott Wilson's a radio pro and it shows at Tynecastle. At E R there's no structure before the game, no building up to the kick off, and a mess at h-t with messages not read out and announcements hard to hear. There must be radio folk out there who would do a turn for Hibs and not treat it as an amateur effort. Makes a real difference in the ground if it's done well. Would capitalise on the effect of the new stand.:agree:

Stew the Hibee
05-06-2010, 12:07 AM
The whole principle of the section guys, its not to get cheap tickets, its about hibs fans uniting together, in the one great intrest of Hibernian Football Club. Those who attended the meeting share the same vision and by grouping together, by all hibs fans joining together to help boost the team, then the Hibernian Family will truly be in place. Until we learn to put differences aside, then this can't happen. 20 years ago, our club flirted with extinction. Now we can show our appreciation, our support in the final benchmark of just how far our club has come, and truly reach the potential of one great support!

oconnors_strip
05-06-2010, 12:10 AM
As far as pa goes, there's no substitute for professionalism - announcer needs to prepare like he was doing a radio show. Scott Wilson's a radio pro and it shows at Tynecastle. At E R there's no structure before the game, no building up to the kick off, and a mess at h-t with messages not read out and announcements hard to hear. There must be radio folk out there who would do a turn for Hibs and not treat it as an amateur effort. Makes a real difference in the ground if it's done well. Would capitalise on the effect of the new stand.:agree:

:top marks this is one point that was raised amongst us at the forum and at the meeting with hibs.

Removed
05-06-2010, 12:13 AM

:agree:

Pretty much what I said to EM. And punt Gavin Pearson :bitchy: I haven't actually ever listened to his radio show, maybe I should and see how professional he sounds.

Edit: Saturday 6-10am & Monday 6-10pm Clyde1

Pete
05-06-2010, 12:23 AM
The whole principle of the section guys, its not to get cheap tickets, its about hibs fans uniting together, in the one great intrest of Hibernian Football Club. Those who attended the meeting share the same vision and by grouping together, by all hibs fans joining together to help boost the team, then the Hibernian Family will truly be in place. Until we learn to put differences aside, then this can't happen. 20 years ago, our club flirted with extinction. Now we can show our appreciation, our support in the final benchmark of just how far our club has come, and truly reach the potential of one great support!

The "cheaper tickets" issue should not simply be brushed under the carpet when it comes to issues like creating atmosphere. The fact that ticket prices are now out of a lot of fans reach due to the economic climate has to have a direct impact on the attendances and therefore atmosphere.

I would have loved to have been part of this forum tonight as I have ideas about creating atmosphere in the ground. However, my opinion is simply invalid as I simply can't afford to go regularly.

The more people that can be allowed to go to the games by reducing some seat prices will surely increase attendances...and therefore increase creative input when it comes to these discussions.

Removed
05-06-2010, 12:27 AM
I would have loved to have been part of this forum tonight as I have ideas about creating atmosphere in the ground. However, my opinion is simply invalid as I simply can't afford to go regularly.

Peter, your views are as valid as anyone else's. There are plenty folk on here who for either geographical, financial or practical reasons can't get to ER as often as they would want to. Doesn't make them any less of a supporter imo.

Please continue to post your opinions :agree:

Aubenas
05-06-2010, 12:31 AM
I haven't actually ever listened to his radio show

He's got a radio show??????

Blimey!:confused:

Removed
05-06-2010, 12:32 AM
He's got a radio show??????

Blimey!:confused:

:agree: Amazing isn't it.

That's why I laughed when you posted

As far as pa goes, there's no substitute for professionalism - announcer needs to prepare like he was doing a radio show.

Radio Clyde tomorrow morning. I'm going to listen.

Pete
05-06-2010, 12:53 AM
Peter, your views are as valid as anyone else's. There are plenty folk on here who for either geographical, financial or practical reasons can't get to ER as often as they would want to. Doesn't make them any less of a supporter imo.

Of course I will post my opinions on the club mate, but there are a some matters that a non-regular attendee cannot in my opinion.

Things like opinions after the match (because you haven't been and don't know the full story) and things like fans forums where the input should only come from ST's.

There are so many people out there who would go if the whole day didn't cost such a high percentage of their weekly wage.

We now have a 20000 capacity stadium. We could fill that ground most weeks if we gave over even a small percentage of it to some cheap, affordable ticketing priced areas.

We're going to have to do something in my opinion...or for 50% of the games the fans will be rattling about in a ground that's too big.

Hibs On Tour
05-06-2010, 02:29 AM

What I'd love is for visiting teams to be greeted with a 'wall of sound' hitting them when they walk out of the tunnel. Psychological for sure but even if it puts one player in one team a little on their back foot for one game, that's the 12th man playing its part. Teams coming out of the tunnel to be faced with the whole stadium - particularly the new [full] East singing 'Sunshine on Leith' is exactly what is required at a minute or two to three on a Sat afternoon!

I remember the very first time I went through to Ibrox [Skol Cup semi 2nd leg :greengrin] and after walking up the stairs at our end coming out and getting hit with what felt like a physical blast in the stomach - wasn't, was just this wall of sound effect - felt psychologically 'bigger' than it was because I hadn't experienced it before.

Acoustics etc obviously play a part also - once we get enough big crowds to justify filling the corners in that may help also I expect! :agree:

Hibs On Tour
05-06-2010, 02:35 AM
:agree: Amazing isn't it.

That's why I laughed when you posted

Radio Clyde tomorrow morning. I'm going to listen.

Surely Grant Stott could spare 10-15 mins before the game after he's finished doing the team sheets etc in hospitality? With some able-bodied understudy handling half time. :agree:

MoscowHibs
05-06-2010, 07:07 AM

Absolutely spot on.I am pretty fortunate that even although I am in Cyprus, I manage to get to ER for most games,mainly due to my missus working for Cyprus Airways and me working at Larnaca airport.Without these factors I would be knacked.We return home to Scotland next month and the chances are I wont get to as much games,she working with another airline who dont do regional,me having to work 1 weekend in 3.

Mikey
05-06-2010, 07:44 AM
Not very well I guess.

As Nikki says, it wasn't very well attended. There's plenty of interest in it from the other side of a keyboard but when it's time to actually do something these people magically disappear!

•targeting fans during pre-season: making fans aware of what the singing section is, how there is this "12th man" initiative starting, getting branches involved

That's the single most important point just now. Ideas about flags, singing and new songs are all very well but we need to get bums on those seats first. Online is a major resource (hibs.net has had around 5,000 unique visits in the last 24 hours) but there are plenty of people out there who don't have internet access.

The Hibs Club and the Evening News also need to be utilised.

To help people understand the basics in terms of what the Singing Section is and how to go about getting seats in that area I've put together some useful links and put them on one thread in the Vault. You can read it by CLICKING HERE (http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?184750-East-Stand-Singing-Section-General-Information).

Mister P
05-06-2010, 08:26 PM
can any of the folks involved in the meetings please pass me the contact details doc.

cheers
john.

Aubenas
05-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Evening News

One of the problems is the decline in quality of the EEN. From the old days of good solid reporting, we have a sub editor presence of what appear to be work experience placements these days. Just at random in the past week:
a charity photo asking if 'any reader could name the mystery Hibs player from the 70s' (Kenny Davidson) and an article where a picture of Mickey Weir was labelled as Keith Houchen (easy mistake :rolleyes:) and David Fellinger was listed as 'Sallanger'.

Half the coverage is made up of fans' views and quality journalism has vanished.

LancashireHibby
05-06-2010, 09:02 PM
One of the biggest things that will be of benefit to this is something that you can't control and that's word of mouth - it might take a few games for things to really get going, but persevere with it and keep plugging away and eventually more and more people will recognise where they need to head if they want some atmosphere on a matchday, though on a sidetrack I hope there will be a few older and wiser heads leading the chants to avoid it simply becoming an excuse for a load of chavs to bait the away fans. Hope it goes well though and I dare say I'll be heading somewhere in the direction of the singing section when I'm at ER next season.

Jonnyboy
05-06-2010, 09:09 PM
One of the problems is the decline in quality of the EEN. From the old days of good solid reporting, we have a sub editor presence of what appear to be work experience placements these days. Just at random in the past week:
a charity photo asking if 'any reader could name the mystery Hibs player from the 70s' (Kenny Davidson) and an article where a picture of Mickey Weir was labelled as Keith Houchen (easy mistake :rolleyes:) and David Fellinger was listed as 'Sallanger'.

Half the coverage is made up of fans' views and quality journalism has vanished.

Oh for another Stewart Brown :agree:

Aubenas
05-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Oh for another Stewart Brown :agree:

Seems like another age.:boo hoo:

Stew the Hibee
06-06-2010, 01:26 PM
can any of the folks involved in the meetings please pass me the contact details doc.

cheers
john.

I think Nikki has made up a contact list mate, she should have quite a few :thumbsup:.

oconnors_strip
06-06-2010, 04:30 PM
I think Nikki has made up a contact list mate, she should have quite a few :thumbsup:.

i sent it to mister p at 4am this morning:greengrin

Stew the Hibee
06-06-2010, 04:34 PM
That's determination, when you get up at 4 for the cause :tee hee:.

RIP
06-06-2010, 05:49 PM

65bd - this is part of the dialogue.

Jamie (BrightonHibby) calls it the Stadium Day Event. All the pre-match music has to be a build up to the kick off.

The fans are gonna be involved in creating playlists

More news soon

RIP
06-06-2010, 05:52 PM

That's determination, when you get up at 4 for the cause :tee hee:.

Given the amount of old scroats at the meeting on Friday I thought you younger yins including Lee, Callum and Mark came across as dead bright and articulate. Everyone put their points across to Fife, Elaine and John very well

Now time tae get cookin!:thumbsup:

Usher Hall - here we come!!

Mister P
07-06-2010, 11:57 PM

I was actually up when the email came through, but thought it might look a bit sad to reply straight away....as if i didn't have a life of my own:rolleyes:

you on the other hand i assumed had been out on the razz and sent it when you got in:wink:

Lmc2105
08-06-2010, 12:29 AM
Given the amount of old scroats at the meeting on Friday I thought you younger yins including Lee, Callum and Mark came across as dead bright and articulate. Everyone put their points across to Fife, Elaine and John very well

Now time tae get cookin!:thumbsup:

Usher Hall - here we come!!

god don't am flattered!!:wink: