PDA

View Full Version : Yams Kyle to Yams

cockneymike
03-06-2010, 09:11 AM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8719517.stm

If he passes medical. I'm sure he'll do well there, a big physical team, needs a big, physical forward....

Coco Bryce
03-06-2010, 09:13 AM
6K a week :agree:

bawheid
03-06-2010, 09:15 AM
6K a week :agree:

Haha that's brilliant!

Let's just hope they sell enough £20 season tickets to cover it...

Broken Gnome
03-06-2010, 09:17 AM
If there was ever a player you just knew would be a nightmare to play against in a derby and likely to stick one right up us....

EskbankHibby
03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
If they keep him fit it will instantly improve their forward line to be fair.

They seem to still be paying ridiculous wages for average players though, Kyle the 'star' forward in a team who finished 2nd bottom in the league.

I would have been able to drag a positive spin out of it had we signed him though so decent signing for the deluded ones.

givescotlandfreedom
03-06-2010, 09:29 AM
There's a real danger their goalscoring numbers could go high into single figures now. If Nade can pass their medical, Kyle won't have much to worry about.

Hibernia Na Eir
03-06-2010, 09:30 AM
the Hearts hoof football conitnues for 10/11 season....

ever since ive been a kid Hearts have always played the long ball and played the boring way.

Kyle will continue that trend for them. Battering ram, bully. Just what Hearts need.:yawn:

poolman
03-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Def the type of player that Vlad's looking to sell on for huge fees :rolleyes:

HibbyAndy
03-06-2010, 09:35 AM
That was a signing that was always gonna happen.

down the slope
03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Eight goals last season, it seems Bryson is going to sign as well. Now what world cup are they playing in ?.

Auckland Hibs
03-06-2010, 09:44 AM
Not sure if this was posted elsewhere.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/heart_of_midlothian/8719517.stm

If he passes medical. I'm sure he'll do well there, a big physical team, needs a big, physical forward....

Apparently Bryson will follow KK to the PBS later this week according to the inbreds on brokenback (£250k deal)

Barr, Bryson and KK - three players who will definately improve their team, anyone think they would have improved our team?

Wouldn't have minded Barr heading to ER.

Hibernian Verse
03-06-2010, 09:45 AM
Apparently Bryson will follow KK to the PBS later this week according to the inbreds on keekback (£250k deal)

Barr, Bryson and KK - three players who will definately improve their team, anyone think they would have improved our team?

Bryson and Kyle would've.

sambajustice
03-06-2010, 09:53 AM
Yams = Bottom 6 Select!

Buy mediocre from the bottom six and thats exactly where you'll end up!

These guys are aren't exactly rising stars, or ones for the future.

Not worried at all by these signings while they've lost Goncalves, Kingston and Stewart. Andy Driver plays about three and a half games a season so i dont thik there's much to worry about from them.

Steve20
03-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Apparently Bryson will follow KK to the PBS later this week according to the inbreds on brokenback (£250k deal)

Barr and Bryson would have.

I am not a big Colin Nish fan, but I don't think Kyle is any better.

EskbankHibby
03-06-2010, 10:09 AM

This would surprise me a great deal.

Presumably the Killie chairman would insist on cash up front for such a transaction (if he doesn't he should be sectioned considering how Hearts conduct themselves), this would mean that Romanov is backing FJK with hard cash which hasn't happened for ages.

Doesn't help reduce a £35m deficit or get you back "on an even keel" but when has that ever concerned them.

Diclonius
03-06-2010, 10:12 AM
Kyle will be an absolutely brilliant signing for Hearts.

He suits their style of play perfectly and will score a barrowload.

Seriously bricking it about this one. :bitchy:

Auckland Hibs
03-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Presumably the Killie chairman would insist on cash up front for such a transaction (if he doesn't he should be sectioned considering how Hearts conduct themselves), this would mean that Romanov is backing FJK with hard cash which hasn't happened for ages.

Doesn't help reduce a £35m deficit or get you back "on an even keel" but when has that ever concerned them.

£250k outlay, MadVlad will be looking to sell him to the OF if he proves himself down the PBS -I guess when your £35-£40m in the poo another £250k with the chance of making a decent future profit is nothing?!

Haven't seen the guy play but FJK obviously thinks he has the ability to step up.

down the slope
03-06-2010, 10:33 AM
How many goals did he score against us?, not many methinks.

Hibernian Verse
03-06-2010, 10:39 AM

He was playing with a very poor team around him. He needs chances made for him, he won't create many of his own. That's why he'll do better at Hearts.

matty_f
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM

He got 8 goals last season - less than Nish. With the same manager that he'll have at the Yams.

Bricking it, I am not.

Sprouleflyer
03-06-2010, 10:42 AM
A good signing for Hearts but not earth shattering.

He will score more than Nade :boo hoo:

matty_f
03-06-2010, 10:43 AM

As will Prof Stephen Hawking.

Craig_in_Prague
03-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Half decent signing. Nothing more.

more concerned that as usual, hibs are gonna lose our best players.

EskbankHibby
03-06-2010, 10:44 AM

:agree:,Bamba was pretty solid against him iirc.

As an aside i look forward to Kyle continuing his hard line approach to interference in team affairs from the board room.

seanraff07
03-06-2010, 10:48 AM
Not brilliant but better than what they've got.

No doubt he'll be the best striker in the SPL by now over on Brokeback.

Frazerbob
03-06-2010, 10:50 AM

This sums it up for me.

Would KK inprove our team.....no.
Will improve Hertz......yes.

However, lets put it into perspective, if they signed me I would improve their forard line (and I'm fatter than that goal machine Nade).

Really hope the figure of £6K per week is accurate!

hibeeleicester
03-06-2010, 10:51 AM
No worries both ****.

M11BMO
03-06-2010, 10:59 AM
He's definately an improvement. Slight cause for concern in my eyes.

He's an overall better player than Nish, IMO.

essexhibee
03-06-2010, 11:05 AM
People calm down, the guy is a huddy nothing more! Jeez hearts get a near relegated teams big numpty striker and all of a sudden there amazing. Why is everyone so worried? :rolleyes:

Frazerbob
03-06-2010, 11:10 AM
People calm down, the guy is a huddy nothing more! Jeez hearts get a near relegated teams big numpty striker and all of a sudden there amazing. Why is everyone so worried? :rolleyes:

Eh, reading this thread nobody is particularly worried. Most are saying he will be an improvement on recent years for them but nothing more. We really couldn't hope for a third year with NAde as their main "threat".

Chuckie
03-06-2010, 11:21 AM
Big Bamba will boot him up and down the park, like he did all last season.

In fact he's probably still in Bambas back pocket right now.

Sir David Gray
03-06-2010, 11:38 AM
He'll be an improvement on what they've had up front over the past couple of years, which is basically nothing, but I'm hardly bricking it at the thought of Kevin Kyle playing against us.

In saying that, with the luck they have in derbies, he'll more than likely score a few goals. :boo hoo:

If Christian Nade and Calum Elliot can score a couple against us, Kyle should score one or two. :bitchy:

Morph
03-06-2010, 11:42 AM
Overated player imo. Won't contribute much to us but can't see him doing worse than the likes of nade or elliot.

HibbyAndy
03-06-2010, 11:44 AM
Overated player imo. Won't contribute much to us but can't see him doing worse than the likes of nade or elliot.

Kyle Elliot Nade :hilarious

Who needed world cup stars with that fearsome trio :cool2:

M11BMO
03-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Big Bamba will boot him up and down the park, like he did all last season.

In fact he's probably still in Bambas back pocket right now.

Bamba would be able to handle him... Hogg won't when Bamba does a bolt after the WC.

degenerated
03-06-2010, 11:56 AM
He's definately an improvement. Slight cause for concern in my eyes.

He's an overall better player than Nish, IMO.

except he doesnt score as many goals, which is surely how a forward should be judged :confused:

Removed
03-06-2010, 11:58 AM
FFS even http://www.forum.exscn.net/images/smilies/SmackBottom3.gif couldn't be any worse up front for the yams

Hibernian Verse
03-06-2010, 12:00 PM
except he doesnt score as many goals, which is surely how a forward should be judged :confused:

Of course, but they should also be judged on how they use the resources around them...which were poor quality at Kilmarnock. The fact that Hughes tried to sign him shows that Hibs thought we could do with him.

7Hero
03-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Kyle will continue that trend for them. Battering ram, bully. Just what Hearts need.:yawn:

just what hibs dont need is what you really mean, its so flamin gobvious after all these years i reallyhope themanager does something about the size of this team.

Chuckie
03-06-2010, 12:15 PM
Bamba would be able to handle him... Hogg won't when Bamba does a bolt after the WC.

IF Bamba goes - Murray will half the big lanky streak of Hertz pish..

Murray is a fantastic player, very solid in the challenge and not much gets by him, wouldn't you agree?

Part/Time Supporter
03-06-2010, 12:18 PM
Of course, but they should also be judged on how they use the resources around them...which were poor quality at Kilmarnock. The fact that Hughes tried to sign him shows that Hibs thought we could do with him.

Whose fault was that?

Presumably it didn't have anything to do with the guy who was their manager for eight years.

Ritchie
03-06-2010, 12:19 PM

Murray is a fantastic player, very solid in the challenge and not much gets by him, wouldn't you agree?

is your yamdar working overtime chucks?? :wink:

M11BMO
03-06-2010, 12:21 PM

100% Agreed. That's if Yogi plays him at CH rather than on the left.

Chuckie
03-06-2010, 12:23 PM

It's a faulty one.

M11BMO is a Hibee, and I ken him !! Just got a message.

I need to get out more.

:rolleyes:

Ritchie
03-06-2010, 12:24 PM
It's a faulty one.

M11BMO is a Hibee, and I ken him !! Just got a text.

I need to get out more.

:rolleyes:

:faf: good son!

Judas Iscariot
03-06-2010, 12:30 PM

**** off!!!

Steady up, it's Kevin ****in Kyle not Lionel Messi..

:faf:

M11BMO
03-06-2010, 12:30 PM

Possibly one of the lowest points of my short life. :boo hoo:

I knew you were on to me Chuckie... hence the message on FB.

Keep up the good detective work.:spammy:

Chuckie
03-06-2010, 12:32 PM
100% Agreed. That's if Yogi plays him at CH rather than on the left.

If I wasnae barred from the Limelite I would've kent that was you Bri. :wink:

Kyle is shecht.

M11BMO
03-06-2010, 12:46 PM
If I wasnae barred from the Limelite I would've kent that was you Bri. :wink:

Kyle is shecht.

He certainly ain't no Mixu.

MacBean
03-06-2010, 12:48 PM
I met him in Magaluf last week on his stag doo and he confirmed this himself. also said that Bryson was on his way for circa £250k :greengrin

1two
03-06-2010, 12:49 PM
If I wasnae barred from the Limelite

Lucky You!:wink:

HIBERNIAN-0762
03-06-2010, 12:52 PM
The yams will be reverting to their normal style of hoofball next season, just watch the first derby to see what I mean, they will just be pumping the ball into the box hoping to get a few scraps, soooooo 80s man :agree:

jacomo
03-06-2010, 01:30 PM

Hearts plan to break even "in two years", Kyle has been signed on a two year deal. :hmmm:

Not one to stir up unfounded rumours about Hearts' demise, but is Vlad pencilling in a 2012 departure date?

Cabbage East
03-06-2010, 01:37 PM

Lay off the crack mate.

Hainan Hibs
03-06-2010, 02:04 PM
Will be a pretty good signing for the yams. Hopefully Yogi signs a big no **** taking centre half because in derbies our team 9 times out of 10 *****s it so I can see Kyle being made to look tremendous like we made sub standard Michael Stewart look.

However, Stokes and Deeko are leagues above him and even Nish should challenge him in the goal scoring stakes next season.

New Corrie
03-06-2010, 05:50 PM
The yams will be reverting to their normal style of hoofball next season, just watch the first derby to see what I mean, they will just be pumping the ball into the box hoping to get a few scraps, soooooo 80s man :agree:

As opposed to what we do, which is?????? I take it you never watched the Derbies last season, us lumping balls to a lone striker!!!! Kyle will be a good signing for them, and I most certainly wouldn't have been adverse to him signing for us.

Westie1875
03-06-2010, 05:56 PM
Will be a pretty good signing for the yams. Hopefully Yogi signs a big no **** taking centre half because in derbies our team 9 times out of 10 *****s it so I can see Kyle being made to look tremendous like we made sub standard Michael Stewart look.

However, Stokes and Deeko are leagues above him and even Nish should challenge him in the goal scoring stakes next season.

Kyle has never looked tremendous when he played against us for Killie so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest.

CapitalHibs
03-06-2010, 06:08 PM
Dearie, dearie me:rolleyes:

Hertz sign an average journey man striker....and half the posters on this thread are cacking it!:no way:

Chuckie
03-06-2010, 06:17 PM
I'd be mare feared if they'd signed Jeremy Kyle.

Guys a huddy = Hertz class.

At The Edge
03-06-2010, 06:21 PM
Mate whos a Killie fan said he was glad to see the back of him, a disruptive influence on the team according him, kinda toys out the pram if he didn't get his way! he was more concerned at losing Bryson, thought he was a good prospect.

Hainan Hibs
03-06-2010, 06:22 PM
Kyle has never looked tremendous when he played against us for Killie so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about to be honest.

I ken but Hibs have a record of making distinctly average Hearts players look good in derbies. however I've got out the depressed mood I was in earlier so I won't be getting the razor blades out over Kevin Kyle signing for Hearts:greengrin

The Silver Fox
03-06-2010, 06:34 PM
£6k a week for Kyle. No wonder they are so much debt. One thing for sure, he will not develop into anything spectacular. A journeyman pro if ever there was one, if he was 5'9" he would be playing junior football.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2010, 07:29 AM
As opposed to what we do, which is?????? I take it you never watched the Derbies last season, us lumping balls to a lone striker!!!! Kyle will be a good signing for them, and I most certainly wouldn't have been adverse to him signing for us.

Do you ever say anything good about hibs:confused:

PeeKay
04-06-2010, 08:25 AM
Irrespective of how good/ bad Kyle is, this transfer sums up the big problem in football just now. Aberdeen, trying to work within their means, fail to agree terms with Kyle. Hearts, up to their eyes in debt and offering money that isn’t theirs, do. The new UEFA/ FIFA rules on club solvency can’t come quick enough.

bighairyfaeleith
04-06-2010, 08:59 AM
Irrespective of how good/ bad Kyle is, this transfer sums up the big problem in football just now. Aberdeen, trying to work within their means, fail to agree terms with Kyle. Hearts, up to their eyes in debt and offering money that isn’t theirs, do. The new UEFA/ FIFA rules on club solvency can’t come quick enough.

Your not wrong there, hearts definitely cannot afford 6k a week. We can't afford it and we run most years with a small profit and are pretty much the same size in terms of fan base etc.

I very much doubt the threat of no european football will really matter much to hearts in the future though:greengrin

houston1875
04-06-2010, 09:01 AM

Get a grip

Judas Iscariot
04-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Do you ever say anything good about hibs:confused:

Depends on what the Hun result is :agree:

johnrebus
04-06-2010, 09:40 AM
So let me get this right....,

Hearts have signed Kyle on a reported £6k a week, along with Darren Barr on a similar amount.

Their main stand has been virtually condemned and there are no solid plans to replace it.

The club is over £30m in debt and yet we are told the club will be living within its means within two years and the manager has recently stated that he has no fears over the clubs financial position.

In recent days two players, Concalves and Nade have both slated the club for their nasty, lying, threatening and bullying ways with indivual players, not to mention at least one former manager initiating legal acton against the club......,

To top all this a Lord of the Realm - though an albeit pish stained one - says he has every confidence in the Romanov regime.

And do you know what?

None of this serves to raise so much as an eyebrow within the Scottish Football Community, beacause it is just business as usual for the jolly old jam tarts.

I hope someone is taking notes, because one day - hopefully soon - this is all going to make one hell of a book.

:timebomb:

pentlando
04-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Hearts plan to break even "in two years", Kyle has been signed on a two year deal. :hmmm:

Not one to stir up unfounded rumours about Hearts' demise, but is Vlad pencilling in a 2012 departure date?

Guessing the latest agm ended in a private showing of '2012' to advocate their huge debt and spending:dunno:

Andy74
04-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Kyle is a great signing for Hearts I am afraid. He's a lot better than given credit for on here.

I recall Nevin last year commentating on one of his games aying it was the most complete centre forward performance he had ever seen at any level.

He has also been scoring in almost every second game for a very poor team and he has been injured for half his time there and Killie refused to pay for the treatment.

I'd have taken him here in a second and it would not have meant in any way that you need to lump it up yhe oitch to him.

In terms of paying for him, well, they aren't really taking the debt seriously but with the guys they have got ride off they can still pay guys like this and be saving significanty on where they were at.

For Nade's wage alone they now have Kyle and Barr. Both players that are thereabouts in the Scotland squd and both would have been good additions for us.

matty_f
04-06-2010, 10:11 AM
Kyle is a great signing for Hearts I am afraid. He's a lot better than given credit for on here.

I recall Nevin last year commentating on one of his games aying it was the most complete centre forward performance he had ever seen at any level.

He has also been scoring in almost every second game for a very poor team and he has been injured for half his time there and Killie refused to pay for the treatment.

I'd have taken him here in a second and it would not have meant in any way that you need to lump it up yhe oitch to him.

In terms of paying for him, well, they aren't really taking the debt seriously but with the guys they have got ride off they can still pay guys like this and be saving significanty on where they were at.

For Nade's wage alone they now have Kyle and Barr. Both players that are thereabouts in the Scotland squd and both would have been good additions for us.

Thing is though, Andy, is that even if the Yams had zero wages to pay out, they'd still be losing money based on their last accounts (IIRC). So by losing the big earners and paying £6k a week to a couple of new players they are still losing money hand over fist, just not as much.

Andy74
04-06-2010, 10:14 AM
Thing is though, Andy, is that even if the Yams had zero wages to pay out, they'd still be losing money based on their last accounts (IIRC). So by losing the big earners and paying £6k a week to a couple of new players they are still losing money hand over fist, just not as much.

I know they are, but as it seems they don't really care about the debt for the next wee while they will still be paying decent wages at least in comparison to the rest of us. There is a danger that Fat Jim could well put together a half decent team in the next few seasons.

It was mentioned above but it can't be right that the rest of us miss out on players with them using money that isn't there.

truehibernian
04-06-2010, 10:30 AM
The sales of Lee Wallace and Andrew Driver, an absolute given believe me, will fund these players' salaries (Barr and Kyle). Kyle is a decent addition, gives them braun and power up front, but for 6K a week, sorry, you can get better than that in Europe for half the wage. Taking green tinted specs off (hard I know), if given the choice of big MAC back or Kyle, I would take MAC. Maybe a more raw forward, but chases and works harder, just as physical, scores around the same rate, and is just a horrible forward to play against. Kyle is the easier to mark in a game (I think). Kyle will score goals, but they are more than welcome to him. Bryson however is a good little player (but again, not what we need either)

Spike Mandela
04-06-2010, 11:42 AM
The sales of Lee Wallace and Andrew Driver, an absolute given believe me, will fund these players' salaries (Barr and Kyle). Kyle is a decent addition, gives them braun and power up front, but for 6K a week, sorry, you can get better than that in Europe for half the wage. Taking green tinted specs off (hard I know), if given the choice of big MAC back or Kyle, I would take MAC. Maybe a more raw forward, but chases and works harder, just as physical, scores around the same rate, and is just a horrible forward to play against. Kyle is the easier to mark in a game (I think). Kyle will score goals, but they are more than welcome to him. Bryson however is a good little player (but again, not what we need either)

Clearly what we need is more goalkeepers:rolleyes:

Hibs07p
04-06-2010, 02:31 PM

The savings made will allow Hearts to pay more in interest on the debt that they have incurred! Remember the statement that "Hearts do not pay the interest, only accumulate it", or words to that effect. Well maybe payback time has arrived and the future for Hearts is increased interest payments on their debt, and less outgoings on the playing staff. As long as Vlad can keep the debt below the £40M threshold, Hearts will be raped season after season with less getting paid on players, and more being paid in interest.
Yams, GIRFUY.

GGTTH

mjhibby
04-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Cant see what the fuss is about either barr or kyle.Where is exactly barr going to play when the fat one has said defence is his strongest area.The only place i can see is rb where he gets caught out and teams especially hibs will have a field day.Kyle will be an improvement on what they have got but then again that wouldnt be hard.Barr looked poor as the season went on and kyle didnt exactly help killie scrape survival.Hertz cant of course afford the money and the debt will continue to rise so when jeffries bleats about cuts its amusing as he still will have the third highest budget to play with.it was said that at killie he had the 7th highest budget in the spl and still he had them at the bottom.hertz results in their last three home games against well,utd and celtic showed how weak they are in midfield minus stewart and palehwtasiname and adding a defender they dont need and a striker who has had one decent season in god knows how many to solve their striking problem doesnt seem likely to improve their 6th position finish from last season..
Im sure the gorgie muppets will run along and buy their cheap season tickets but i for one am confident we will be well above them next season and even more so when yogi gets his players in especially as yogi knows the area he needs to strengthen and i expect him to do so.

Greentinted
04-06-2010, 08:30 PM
I'd be mare feared if they'd signed Jeremy Kyle.

Guys a huddy = Hertz class.

The Lie Detector would explode and there would be a disproportionate similarity in the DNA tests among the 400,000!